Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

Kol nods numbly, before yawning again.
She opens her mouth to answer jenny but just as quickly shuts it, when Hivemind chimes in, gesturing to him instead.

listening to the others talk she stays quiet before snarkily chiming in with "more than we have time for." when asked for other questions.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hivemind smiles apologetically at Kol. "After a while, this will all start to seem normal." When nobody asked any more questions, he continued. "The pay for this assignment is five thousand credits. Much lower than yesterday, but keep in mind you are being paid thousands to spend the day in a tropical paradise. This isn't a major security concern or an active combat situation, this is an assignment to retrieve an old friend. Are you ready to head out?" he asked.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulric lifted a gauntleted hand, "I understand the importance of this mission. But I wanted to ask, are we going to get to spend time at the beach? The last water I was near was rather uncomfortable to swim in." He gave Hivemind a somewhat innocent smile.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gave a shrug, "Not really from me. Maybe any tips on how to get him to come out of retirement? But it really does seem to be a simple enough case. Here's hoping it stays that way this time."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny headed down to retrieve her bike and took it to departure point.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hivemind laughed. "I'm pretty sure you will have time to visit the beach. And Honestly Tatiana, I'm not sure. He was a soldier, and has a strong sense of duty. He was a Champion, and has a protective instinct. Maybe you can use that to persuade him." He checked the time. "Time to go it looks like. Kol, please follow me. We'll get you your environment suit. The rest of you, follow The Lycan and Tempest to the portal gate. We will meet you there." With that, he led Kol out of the room.

"Follow me then, everyone." The Lycan said as he and Tempest led the group through the door. They went to the transport hub and entered a secure room accessible only to high ranking Champions. Inside there was a large circular device with a raised platform leading up to it. "This is the portal gate we will be using. Once Hivemind gets here we leave. Check your equipment, make sure your safeties are on, make sure your weapons are put away, that kind of thing."

-----------------------------

Hivemind led Kol to a room in the Champion headquarters. It was empty except for a sort of high tech wall. When they approached, the wall split apart. The left and right parts slid away revealing a larger room with a number of weapons inside. The middle part of the wall rotated to reveal the environment suit.

The suit was an extremely advanced set of armor with highly mobile joints, advanced shielding, thick armor where mobility isn't required, and was custom designed to fit Kol's body structure. It was white with a red trim, had a full face helmet, and had four arms, each one tipped with diamond coated reinforced titanium alloy claws which Kol's claws could fit inside. Finally it was fitted with it's own cooling system, so the interior would stay at around 0 Celsius. "Go ahead, Kol. Try it on. I'll get you a staff weapon from the back."
-Champion Motto

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika nods deftly, quickly checking her packs to make sure she has everything she needs before staring into the portal gate. "This'll be the first time I've been off the Beacon, and to my father's homeplanet no less!" She said to no-one in particular, getting excited at the thought. "This is going to be very interesting new experience!"
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

it takes Kol a minute or so to figure out how the suit comes apart, but by the time hivemind has returned she's gotten it on, and is currently fixated on a par of chain-axes she spotted in amongst the armory.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny stepped around to the side of her 162hp Diavel and slapped an identifying IOC decal on the side before pulling her helmet out and snapping it on. With no freedom for muzzle movement, the synth system began 'reading' the vibrations in her throat as she spoke without opening her mouth. These vibrations were translated into speech from a comms unit on the front of the helmet that sounded roughly like her real voice but without intonation or passion. Some she'd met found it creepy. "Ready to go," she said, adjusting her rifle and making sure her back up in the boot holster was secured.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hivemind came back carrying a staff-like weapon. In actuality it looked like it was half maul. It had a thick end on top and a long handle that reached almost to the ground. As he took it to Kol, he noticed her eyeing the chain-axes. "All right. You try out this staff while I get the chain axes." He showed her how the staff worked. He flipped a switch and twisted the handle and two rather large plasma ax blades appeared on the thick end so that the thing looked like it was one third staff, one third maul, and one third battleaxe. He twisted the handle back in place and the blades vanished. Then he held it with both hands, pointed it forward, and pressed a button where his index finger was. A concussive blast erupted from the end of the staff. He handed the staff to Kol. "It's also sturdy enough to be used as a club weapon, like any other staff. Lot's of options with this." He walked back into the weapon room to get the chain axes. Lycan, go on through the gate. This might take a little while. We'll follow when we get there. He sent the message to the Lycan.

----------------------------------

The Lycan noticed a new message on the HUD of his goggles. He checked it. It was Hivemind telling him to go ahead. "All right, everyone. Time to head out." He walked over to a console on the side of the gate and typed a few things in. The gate came to life. A brilliant white disk appeared in the center of the gate and expanded until it filled the circular opening entirely. A hole opened up in that light and expanded to the edge, and through that hole the team would see an empty beach, palm trees, and a sparkling crystal clear ocean that spread out as far as the eye could see.

"All right! its been forever since I've been here." Tempest commented as she and the Lycan led the team through the gate.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny Sat in the bikes' seat and turned it on, giving the throttle a gentle twist to wake the system up. The installed energy source kept the sound down as she disenged the stand and moved steadily through the portal.

And out the other side.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika watched Jenny roll her bike through the portal before heading in herself, hoping she wouldn't get the same dizzyness she usually got with the ship's portal doors.

On the other side, she covered her eyes from the sun as they adjusted. "Wow, that is bright.." She murmured to herself. Once her vision cleared she looked around, amazed at every detail. "This place is beautiful.. It's no wonder so many humans want to come here!!"
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hivemind isn't even out of sight 30 seconds before the sounds of her practicing can be heard.

...also the sounds of a bulkhead that may soon need to be replaced.

The beacon itself, on the other hand might be a tad distracted by an odd 'bubble' in earths ionosphere.

It's only been there a few miliseconds, and it's already got the computers tangled in knots trying to figure it out.

The readings don't make any sense. one sensor says thin oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere, gravity at 0.9G, 188*Kelvin, another is saying another is saying vacuum, 50,000G, -12*Kelvin, another has crashed, more sensors still are contradicting the both of them, (one claimine it's a star) and each other. it has no mass, no detectable perimeter, no EM output, yet it's visible as a consistently sized sphere of glowing magenta nothing 50m across, that is displacing weather patterns. More than that, there's no indication of where it came from, it just suddenly went from 'not there' to 'there.' ...Assuming it even is actually there, which the readings still can't agree on.

I'ts like the laws of physics have suddenly decided to ignore this one tiny patch of spacetime.

less than a full second after it's appearance, it "pops" spitting out... something. It's going 32000m/s, so it's kinda hard to get a clear reading around the fiery plasma wake it's deceleration through the atmosphere is causing... whatever it is, it's tumbling erratically.

If it's deceleration and heading remain mostly constant it will impact within a few kilometres of the team in a little under two minutes, though it's too early to tell whether the object will hit the water, the land, or the resort.

...and now pieces of it are starting to break off an explode over the ocean.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

As the pair walked through the portal, both of them were ecstatic of the view. This was probably the first time they've ever been to a tropical location.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

The night before this morning was silent. As the vaguely inconspicuous form of Alexander O'Reily walked softly into a moonlight dark jungle. Sure, this jungle was hardly dangerous or even particularly thick, it was prop, mostly cared for by the resort he had been staying in. But Alexander wasn't here for this, he was here for something much... more interesting.

After he moved out of sight from the buildings and every camera in sight, Alexander alowed his duster to form into the brown pidgeon wings that seemed to be sprouted out of his back. These wings, they spread wide as he got ready to take off, happy to soon once again be riding in the sky.

Alexander had to work hard to get high, because this was night, and even the magic of his wings wouldn't form thermals where there weren't any. So he had to flap them hard enough to move himself high above the island before starting to dive in a steady and nearly streight direction. To an island, that shouldn't exist.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hivemind had grabbed the chain axes and was walking over to see how Kol was handling the "utility" staff he gave her. Judging from the sound, she was enjoying it a great deal. Also from the sound of it, the repair nanobots would be working overtime. Perhaps he should turn the setting down a bit...

Then he picked up on the singularity.

He turned some of the ship's external scanners and cameras on the distortion in time to see something exit it. It was surrounded in plasma from moving through the Earth's atmosphere at high speeds, so he couldn't see what it was. However, he could see that it was headed on a crash course for the Bahamas, and his scanners could detect two sentient life forms on board whatever it was.

Morgan, an unknown object is on a collision course with Earth, with an expected impact in the Bahamas. I suspect is is a spacecraft with two passengers, traveling through the atmosphere at 32000m/s. Can you intercept?

--------------------------------

The message appeared on Tempest's HUD. She already knew what it was about though. She could feel the singularity displace the clouds and the object race through the vapor in the air. She could feel something inside the object. It felt... organic. She couldn't be sure, but she felt it would be safest to slow the object down gradually. She looked up and saw the object falling through the sky, friction with the air having slowed it down, but it was still moving too fast.

Without saying a word, she dove into the ocean and froze the water around her, encasing her armor in a coating of ice. She lifted herself into the air by the ice on her armor and dragged a large bubble of sea water behind her. She shot forward toward the object, evaporating the water she carried with her, turning it into a small cloud. She placed the cloud in front of the object, which had slowed considerably by this time and was no longer generating plasma around it. As it passed through the cloud, she condensed and froze the water around the craft and attempted to slow it down. It was still moving too fast, however.

Seeing that Tempest needed assistance, The Lycan addressed the group. "Can one of our telepaths help intercept that thing?"

--------------------------------

Hivemind attached the axes magnetically to his waist as if strapping it to a belt. He walked over to Kol. "I'm afraid something just came up. We need to leave. Are you ready?"
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana had passed through the portal, idly noting Jenny's bike, but currently was watching Tempest attempt to slow down the falling object, "My telekinesis is brutish. If you have no regard for that thing I can stop it, but anything I do will result in a extreme sudden stop. If it was a bit slower I could potentially bring it down safely. Speed and telekinesis is an art I've yet to master." She had crossed her arms, awaiting any type of order to slap the object down or for it to slow further.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Noticing Hivemind's tone, Kol answered with a quick "Of course." Passing the staff from her front arms to the back set and following after him.

the sudden jolt of something external trying to slow it down buckles structural elements within the object, causing pieces of it's 'skin' to shear away and rain down ahead of it like shrapnel. What tempest would feel of it, from the ice water trying to grip it, it's shaped like a knife-blade with the stumps of sheared off wings and melted attachment struts sticking out of it. The entire thing is molten hot and keeps boiling off the water on contact, though it's cooling quickly. one side smooth almost tile-like, the other mangled and deformed despite being the cooler of the two. Large chunks squished, warped, or just not there at all.

The smooth side is probably a heat-shield... It came in the wrong way around.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt looked over the falling debris, trying to think of how he could help. "If you can get me closer I should be able to slow it down." He said, already pulling out a snack bar to give himself some extra power. "I could probably fly up there myself, but I don't think I could get there fast enough, plus my power's not that good at multitasking. If I had to focus on both slowing that thing down and keeping myself afloat, I wouldn't do a good job at either."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich excitedly stepped through the portal, eager to get this day started. His eyes squinted at the sudden change in lighting before they adjusted. He looked around at the beach and the ocean.

His excitement faded as his attention was directed towards the object hurtling through the sky. He didn't really know what to do as he didn't really have any abilities that would help stop it from crashing. He turned to Kolt and placed his index finger and thumb together, "Oh, I can help you with that!" He said as a blue platform appeared under the alien, "If you could bend your knees or be ready to absorb some force, that would make this more comfortable."
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Much deeper into the previous night Alexander made it to his destination, a small island shrouded in unusual mists... a place that chilled him to the bone. "Ah, yes." He muttered to himself dismissively as he landed upon the beach, drawing his gun and pulling back the hammer.

It wasn't long before the thing that he had noticed was upon him, a seemingly shimmering marriage of a man. A man who's bones could clearly be seen through translucent skin. A man who sported fashion which was hundreds of years old. The ghost of a pirate, followed by more.

A soft golden light seemed to fill the cylinders of the revolver in Alexander's hands, as he flapped his wings slightly to give himself some high ground, and pointed the revolver at the face of the closest pirate. "A spirit of the sea, is no match for a spirit of the west."

And with that a pure golden streak of light moved away from his gun and knocked the first blue-green pirate out of his way. The beral, however, seemed to still be filled, as Alexander continued to shoot all of the enemies that surged at him. He didn't care, he just walked and moved forward shooting them and stunning them with something very similar to their own bodies.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hivemind grabbed a few ball like objects from the room and led Kol down toward the portal gate through the transportation hub. "It sounded like you were enjoying the staff." He commented. When they got to the gate, Hivemind turned it on and the portal opened up to where the others were. "After you." He gestured.

-----------------------------

Tempest was having a hard time gripping the object, though as it cooled from the water constantly evaporating and condensing on its surface, her grip became literally more solid. She slowed it down a bit more and tried to force it's trajectory away from land and toward the water. Still, it was moving too fast, and she wasn't sure it would survive the impact, even if she forcibly broke the surface tension of the water before it hit.

Meanwhile, The Lycan was trying to think of backup plans when a hole ripped open behind them as the gate opened. "Hivemind! I hope you have some swarm bots!"

"Got them!" Hivemind's voice could be heard from the other side of the portal.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I should get into town," Jenny advised. "Notify the authorities that we're here and they should..." She paused for a second. "And you've already done it without telling us, haven't you, sir?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt seemed mildly startled by the sudden appearance of Ulrich's platform beneath him, but he quickly recovered and followed his teammates instructions, bending down and grabbing one of the platforms edges with his free hand. "Ready when you are!" He said before taking a bite out of his energy bar.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
22xander

Post by 22xander »

After marching through over 150 men, a revertible army of creatures, he was respected. His gosts of bullets, the bullets of dead lawmen, had subdued all that were shot. And those that still tried to attack were weak and few between. That was what he wanted because, right there, was a cave.

The only Illuminati Alexander needed was the moonlight and the soft sea green glow of the men that crowded around him despite no longer attempting to impede him. But that second light grew dimmer, as less and less men were willing to follow him... Into a cave that had only one light source, a glowing sea-green sword.

Alexander stepped forward and drew the sword from where it was affixed, stabbed into the top of a chest. A chest that appeared to be affixed with gold."Who dares to enter the cave of Edward Teach? Who dares steal from Blackbeard." And there, emerging from the shadows was a man, who didn't glow green like the rest.

No, Blackbeard glowed red, the color of blood apon a well-cleaned deck. The color of hell. "I do!" Came the firm and clear voice of O'Reily, a smile coming across his face. "I alone am willing to see the treasures of the sea returned to the living."

And without another word, Alexander drew the blue shining blade and swung to attack Blackbeard, countered easily by the demonic visage's own Stygian cutlass. And so it was on, as the two men struck and fought in a birage of the colors of magic.

The two blades were nearly identical, one was silver and clear while the other's blade seemed black as cast iron. Yet both cut through the air with a whistle that deemed them sharper than any mortal blade. The two, it seemed, were evanly matched. As the blue-green spirits seemed to watch on with awe.
Last edited by 22xander on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the answer to Hivemind's question is a toothy grin, before shouting from the other side prompts Kol leap through. It doesn't sound like they have time to waste.

On the other side, Cracks are forming all over the already mangled hull of the object. the rapid cool-down might be making it easier to grip, but it's doing a number on it's stability. the previously intact shielded side is now shedding tiles, as they were designed to deal with rapid heating, not stress fractures from sudden cool downs.

it's about 30km up now, you have seconds to work with before it reaches the water. With Tempest efforts alone, it's still going to be going Mach 4 when it hits. Whatever you're doing, you better do it fast.

anyone who can sense/detect energy would be able to pick up a buildup just behind what they can now tell is a cockpit canopy (even though it looks more like a black skittle that's been held over a lighter at this stage), whatever scarce few systems are still running in that wreck are diverting every last drop of power left to that one spot for some reason.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I should get into town," Jenny advised. "Notify the authorities that we're here and they should..." She paused for a second. "And you've already done it without telling us, haven't you, sir?"
"I'm on hold." Hivemind responded as he rushed through the portal after Kol. "Turns out when a giant hole rips open in the sky and a flaming ball of death falls out of it on a collision course with a populated area, people notice and call emergency services." He pulls out the small sphere objects. "Stand back!" He threw the orbs out a ways onto the sand. It glowed for a moment, then hundreds of small insect-like droids materialized in a cloud above it. Hivemind took control of the swarm immediately and it flew up to the wreckage. The robots are deceptively strong for their size, and while a good chunk were obliterated on impact with the craft, the rest latched on and pushed against the ship, slowing it down further.

Hivemind tried to spread his influence to the craft to see if he could do anything from inside, but it didn't have enough functionality left in it for him to take over. "Ulrich! Kolt! Hurry up and do what you need to! It's still too fast!"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny shrugged under the suit. "If we're heading that way anyhow," she started, pressing the ignition, "I'll notify the Police to concentrate on crowd control. We can handle the rest" She paused, just in case they objected.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich quickly pulled a hand up. The platform glowed slightly and for a moment nothing happened. But it was only a moment as the platform shot into the sky. Ulrich carefully slowed it down so as not to throw Kolt off with a sudden deceleration. He stabilized it and left its existence to the projector. He eyeballed the objects trajectory and made a few increasingly flat surfaces that would hopefully transfer most of the momentum of the object from downward to sideways. Hopefully.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

(Hivemind only) The ships systems are in ruins. It's apparently lost 82% of its mass and everything save auxiliary power has been overheated, shorted out or destroyed. All remaining power is being routed to a crash-safety device called a Kinetic Interdictor. There's not enough of a computer left to tell you anything else.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Alexander fought the ghost of blackbeard for what seemed like hours, and with their feats of superhuman endurance might just have been. "How is it that your here?" Alexander asked as he continued to fight, sword against sword as their blades made magical sparks that flew around and filled the cave with light. "How is it one such as you could end up on earth after death?"

Teech laughed. A hearty laugh as if the hours of fighting had turned them friends. "Simple lad, my crew. I made them promise their soles to me and me ships as we sailed the seas. I did it so that they would respect and fear me, to prove to those I love you in red that I was called a demon for a reason." He grinned harder, his fiery beard almost covering up his gap toothed mouth."And yet, well, the promise was final. So I promised god that I would climb up all of my crew until I reached heaven. So he cast away those lads souls, to banish them and me to here. To purgatory."

Alexander nodded and made a disarming maneuver that nearly got teach, but he didn't manage to do much but press his advantage a little further. He was close to winning however, as would soon be seen. "Of course!" he said with a grin. "So you roam the seas? pirating to your hearts content? Why do you stay on this island?"

Teech shrugged, barely noticing they were approaching the wall of the room as he explained himself. "Well, me death riled up alot of spirits. It turns out the waters of these seas won't bow down to just one demon king of pirates. There are alot of... people roaming these seas. But give me another century of residing on this island and I'll gain enough power to beat that Dutchman bloody. And the Mac-gill.

Alexander nodded, but then smiled, his deep blue eyes roaming over Teech's demonically red. He pressed Teech against the wall, suddenly making Blackbeard realize their new positions. "I apologize, I think that your not going to manage to roam these seas for a while. You'll have to make your way out of hell, again!" And with that he pulled the trigger of Fortune, her bearl pressing against Teech's neck, sending the demon to hell. Leaving nothing but the demonic cutlass in his wake.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny drove the bike into the centre of town, weaving her way around those milling in the street to take photographs as her GPS brought her to the local Police Station. She pulled up outside the door, getting off as officers came out at speed. She caught one by the arm and turned him around. "I'm Agent Miles, IOC," the suit said as she pulled her identity badge, "currently attached to the Champions. I need to speak with your command officer," she added, pulling her helmet off so he could see she was the Rat on the ID.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As the platform got close enough to the crashing spaceship, Kolt jumped onto the falling chunk of metal, using his enhanced senses to pick the best moment to do so. He sunk his telekenetically enhanced claws into the metal, and tried to ignore the panicked ramblings of his partner.
This is insane. You are insane. You are going to die, and I am going to have to convince one of these weirdos to be my new host. ASSUMING I DO NOT DIE TOO!!!
"If you would be quiet for a moment, I have a plan." Kolt muttered as he positioned himself to face towards the back of the ship. He let go of the ship with one hand, and started generating the object he had in mind.
Your "plan" is to make a giant parachute and hope that will slow down this wreck enough so that it does not explode upon hitting the water. You will have to forgive me if I am a bit nervous.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Tempest could feel the object slowing down and was a little confused to see the makeshift parachute appear out of nowhere. She didn't question it though as she continued to pull back on the crashing ship. She focused on it's possible landing points in the sea and started to cold-boil the ocean, reducing its density so it would make a much easier landing.
-Champion Motto

22xander

Post by 22xander »

Alexander walked through the crowed of ghosts, who muttered to themselves, some of them already seeming to sink into the ground. He crudely sheathed the twin cutlasses upon his back, walking with a sort of pride as he had not done in decades... he was so glad to be regaining his treasure once more.

Alexander shifted his wings and spread them, diving into the crisp pre-morning air. He knew it was late, but he had no idea how late, so the only choice he had was to move as qickly as possible to the island resort he staid in. The chest he had pulled the blade out of had disappeared, he couldn't find it, but he had been able to find a couple gold coins of various origins on the ground where it had stood.

Alexander planned on using these to pay for his visit, half power trip and half necessary. For Alexander had no other source of income. And decades of selling many of his... treasures under assumed identities had paid for alot of things. Extravagance that alowed him to ignore the call for adventure... Which he simply couldn't afford any more.

And so, as Alexander flew across the cold waters and toward the place he had been staying for a couple of days, he smiled. The small pile of coins he had found would keep him in hotels for months. The swords could last him years if he found the right buyer. And of course, some could be donated to museums for tax wright-offs.

Alexander was so lost in thought that he didn't descend into the jungle, and instead flew down straight toward the resort when he finally reached it, nearing on the edge of dawn. He flapped his wings, drawing the attention of exactly one, extremely highly trained, person.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The drones do little more than cause whichever piece of scorched cracked and fatigued metal they land on to shear off, rapidly stripping away most of the remaining hull and unfortunately some of the ice that was coating it, before kolt even lands. Between his improvised drag chute and the hard light plates in the ships way though, the vessel is finally brought down to a controllable speed. ...by the time it's almost in the water.

There isn't even enough time left to jump clear before it hits and starts sinking.

Assuming Kolt was still conscious, he'd be the only one to see a faint shimmer around the cockpit flare up then vanish, taking the faint glow and hum from the crafts innards with it, before it splits into thirds and opens partially, a quartet of silvery tentacles reaching out from the only black interior and forcing the edges apart.

(EDIT: and of course i would goof up and use all pronouns without specifying who i'm referring to anywhere... oops. fixed.)
Last edited by Buster on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The janitor was up early. Though he normally cleaned later in the evening, he decided to go for a walk that morning. He was about to reach the beach to watch the sunrise when he saw something. It was a man, glowing and flying on bird-like wings. He watched the man land from behind a palm tree. When he landed, the janitor stepped into the light to confront the stranger. The janitor was horribly gnarled. He seemed like he wasn't even human. at least, not anymore. It was as if nearly his entire body was replaced with prosthetics, and whatever human that remained was put through a meat grinder. Both arms and both legs had been replaced with robotic counterparts. The entire left side of his head was coated in metal, and his left eye was replaced by a cybernetic one. The human right side of his face was badly scarred and showed signs of serious aging. "Who are you." He demanded, a specially designed pocket knife hidden in his hand and behind his back. His voice was rough and seemed partly synthetic, fitting the rest of his appearance.
-Champion Motto

22xander

Post by 22xander »

Alexander turned around to stare at the Janitor, the light of the sun shining into his eyes as he attempted to subtly change the giant pigeon wings on his back into his duster. "I go by many names. Right now? Alexander... Maybe Reliquary." He tried to not be jumpy, examining the man and his... unfortunate circumstances. He held out a hand to shake, unwilling to let go of a certain sort of hope.
Last edited by 22xander on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The janitor didn't move. "Fancy wings. What are you doing here." He said that last one more like a demand rather than a question.

------------------------------

Tempest dove into the water after Kolt. She emerged seconds later carrying him. She set him down. "Rika, he needs medical attention, now!"

------------------------------

"Unless it's about that thing that just fell from the sky, it will have to wait. We've all got orders to secure the area of impact. If you need to see the chief, head on inside." The officer responded to Jenny.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

The two women would hear a groan coming from Kolt's general direction, as the telekinetic tried to force himself up with his one working arm, only to find that he couldn't feel his legs. As soon as he started talking however, it became clear that Kolt wasn't the one in control. "I told him. I told him that plan was stupid, and that he would be lucky to survive. I was already trying to figure out which one of you I would try to convince to be my new host." Quint laughed for a second, before he started coughing and puking up water. He took a minute to make sure it was all out, before he turned to look at Tempest. "I was stuck between either you or your husband. You two seemed to have that nice balance of power and common sense that he lacked." He sighed. "Anyways, do you have anything that can heal a concussion? Right now Kolt is taking a bit of a timeout, since he cannot stop trying to sing that "Hikari" song from that game he played last night."