Non HPU: Beacon Of Hope OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non HPU: Beacon Of Hope OOC

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Makes my answer a bit odd but, nonetheless, fire away, fair fellow.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Ok, so Buster's ended her day, Welsh ended his, so has Rook, and I ended 69's for him in his absence. Once Deske, Neon, and Lego have ended their days, I'll start the next one.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
22xander

Post by 22xander »

*pokes superhero group* I wanna have a go. I have a couple superhero style OCs that could be interesting, who's powers range from the extreemly mild (with the potential for some crazy stuff) to the extreemly hard.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Feel free to make a character sheet and show it to me. Keep the rules in mind and also keep in mind that so far the team consists of mostly low-to-moderate powered heroes.
-Champion Motto

22xander

Post by 22xander »

I sent the first one in pm... I don't know why. I was going to post them here.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

So, I'm going to post sometime this evening, but before I do, who wants to see this civilian model of Kolt I made in Heroforge? There's no color, and they don't have any fur textures, and I couldn't get the muzzle quite right, but beside that, this is what I imagine Kolt looks like when he's not in costume.
Attachments
Not shown: the symbiotic slug inside his head, or the pop culture reference on his shirt.
Not shown: the symbiotic slug inside his head, or the pop culture reference on his shirt.
IMG_0064.PNG (136.86 KiB) Viewed 23464 times
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Character Name: Alexander O'Reily

Codename: Reliquary

Color: Beaver (#9F8170)

Type: Main

Species/Breed: Human

Neighborhood: Beacon of Hope

Powers: The ability to find and use magical objects. That's it, that's the sole progenitor of his power. However, he does have a multitude of abilities that make him world-class DUE to using this base power. (please tell me if there is a limit to the relics I can make and use. I understand if I can't use them at a drop of a hat, but I need to know when having too many realy minor powers constitute more than 10.
Fortune: Reliquary's most common weapon, Fortune is a peacemaker six shooter revolver. When he wears it, it is set in a leather holster on a leather belt that is filled with a full cylinder of a bunch of types of ammo.
  • Spirit of the west: Unlimited ammo, no re-filling required, non-lethal.
  • Thunderbird: Lightning rounds, cause EMP damage, high powered taser level against humans.
  • Holy: Silver, blessed, harder to replenish, causes extra damage against undead and demonic foes.
  • Hellfire: Extremely lethal, extremely powerful, He can only ever have a single clip on him at a time, causes fire dammage.
  • Bone: Made from a dragon's tooth, extremely rare, create a bone warrior to fight along side him.
    Lead: Standard bullets, standard lethality
Angel Wings: Reliquary's Duster is a pair of disguised angel wings. He doesn't really know if their really angel wings or enchanted in some way. They look like mottled brown pidgin wings. They allow flight, but are extra vulnerable against attacks.

Collar of Immortality: A black collar with silver studs. It gives him base immortality, meaning unageing, as well as not needing to breath, eat, sleep, or worry about basic radiation or poisons. The dog-tag on the front has a Chaos symbol emblazoned on it.

Glasses of Archimedes: This pair of old gold rimmed glasses act as a universal translator for the written word, and give the user powerful speed-reading abilities. Making Reliquary able to read and comprehend almost anything within seconds, maybe a minute for something as long as a text-book or novel.
Weakness: He can lose these objects. Between battles he can lose track of where something is, so he might not always be able to use his most powerful thing. And also, those that aren't strapped to him can be knocked out of his hands or stolen, which means EXTREME loss of power within seconds.

I decided to put this under weaknesses for obvious resons, but: To get a new Relic, Reliquary must have a mini-adventure. If done in down time this can be made in a couple mega-posts with help from the GM, or made in a short adventure with the gm. If it's during an adventure, well, he can't do anything then now can he?

Appearance: Wearing a long brown leather duster and a matching brown fedora, Alexander looks about 18-21, with mousy brown hair and deep blue eyes. The black collar around his neck seems to dig into him, but only slightly, and it makes him blush if anyone points it out. His gun is usualy at his hip, filled with whatever amo he sees fit for this mission, or just left empty (with the spirit of the west filling it) when he's on the ship. Under that he wears a simple gray t-shirt and jeans, as well as a pair of combat boots.

Alexander's skin is a warm Caucasian, slightly more brown than his Nordic ancestry would indicate, and he has the cheek-bones of a native american. The golden rimmed glasses are perched on his nose, and seem to glint in extreemly odd ways at times.

Personality: Alexander is borderline socially disabled, having many of the signs of autism spectrum disorder. However, given his high intelligence and love of knowledge, an intellectual can have many hours of pleasant conversation with him, even with his presence for pho-pa.

Other notes:

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats: 48
- Strength: 2
- Perception: 6
- Endurance: 2
- Charisma: 2
- Intelligence: 10
- Agility: 8
- Luck: 8
- Power:10 (Technically 4, but the things he can get his hands on can go up to ten.)
Last edited by 22xander on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:So, I'm going to post sometime this evening, but before I do, who wants to see this civilian model of Kolt I made in Heroforge? There's no color, and they don't have any fur textures, and I couldn't get the muzzle quite right, but beside that, this is what I imagine Kolt looks like when he's not in costume.
That looks good Lego!

22, please see my PM for my comments on the character. There are a couple things that need small adjustments.
-Champion Motto

22xander

Post by 22xander »

adjusted
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Thanks. Sorry if my comment seemed obvious, but if it isn't specifically stated some people might try to use that kind of power to give themselves instant new powers. He's approved. You can join when we start the next day. Hopefully it will happen by tomorrow. Over half the players have ended their days, so it doesn't make sense to jump in at the current time, but you will be able to do so soon.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

we could probably meet O'Riley on the surface, and save you guys from trying to figure out how to shoe-horn him into a team thats already set up.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

IT's a realy big ship, how hard is it to shoe-horn him being there?
Deske

Post by Deske »

You'd be surprised...
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Meh, besides, this guy can fly to the ship. Not as quickly as some charecters, but he can do it.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

They're right, 22. It's going to be hard finding a way to reasonably insert the character into an already large group for a simple mission to the Bahamas to retrieve an older superhero. It might be easier to have him be searching for a relic in the islands and run into the team there.
-Champion Motto

22xander

Post by 22xander »

meh, sure ^-^
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the issue isn't him being on the ship, the issue is being assigned to that specific team.

GM-PC's aside, the only two who weren't present for the previous mission, are an implied pre-existing member of the team who was absent, and someone who was readily accepted despite everyone being concerned about him not being. one is supposed to be there, the other it would be a mistake to reassign after getting that lucky.

Kobor & O'Reily on the other hand nobody's even met, which is why i'm going with an on-site intro, and suggested one as well.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

*shrugs* I'm fine with it, although if he's on a mision, I'd prefer to introduce a relic along with it.

Where is this island their going to?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

It's the Bahamas. Which island is unspecified, but it's got a resort that Gear works at.
-Champion Motto

22xander

Post by 22xander »

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... I'll be looking for a cutless or something.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Something pirate related would make sense. Heck, he might be drawn to some of Gear's equipment. Gear wouldn't give any of it to him, but by now he's done so much with his old sniper rifle it's probably acquired legendary relic status.
-Champion Motto

22xander

Post by 22xander »

lol. Idk. I'd probaby be going for something blackbeard related.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

One minor thing I realized I originally forgot to mention about Kolts species is that they don't need to sleep as long as humans, only needing six hours of sleep instead of eight. Just in case you were wondering why Kolt plans on staying up so late playing games.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Cool! Everyone's ended their day. I'll be able to start the next one sooner than I thought.
-Champion Motto

22xander

Post by 22xander »

Soooooo, wait u til the mission sets down? Can you let me know about that?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Yeah. Because there are a couple characters waiting for the team to get to earth, I'm going to try to get there as soon as possible. Meanwhile, you can describe your character's search for relics leading up to his meeting with the team. If he's staying at the resort Gear works at, they might even bump into each other and you can RP with him until then. PM me if that sounds interesting to you.

Also, I've started the second day. WOO! ^.^ new milestone!
-Champion Motto

22xander

Post by 22xander »

sure sure sure, tomorrow.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The phaser rifle.

Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

In case any of you where wondering, yes, Kolt is supposed to look like a knockoff Tokusatsu hero when he's wearing his suit.
Last edited by Legotron123 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hey guys, so... I'm kind of an idiot and tired, so I didn't realize that everyone is already there except for 69's characters, whom I am taking minor control over until he gets back. I'm going to modify my post now that I have some time.

Edit: Done.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

O.O

Did you seriously just give her a Brute Gravity Hammer with an energy blade built into it?!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Close, but not quite. It has a couple differences:

1) It has more of a staff shape. It's longer than the Gravity Hammer, but not by much.
2) It's weighted end is still like a staff, but it just is thicker in diameter to accommodate the gadgets inside.
3) The energy blades come out of both sides of the weighted end, making it a double-edged battleaxe.
4) The concussive blast is designed to be a non-lethal knockback. It will send a foe flying like expelliarmus, but it won't smash them to pieces or send them into orbit.
5) The concussive blast, when aimed at the ground, can propel it's wielder into the air as a kind of super-jump.
6) The battery lasts longer and self-charges when not in use.

So it's sort of like a Brute Gravity Hammer lite.
-Champion Motto

22xander

Post by 22xander »

I have no idea what's going on, lol. *rolls around* when will be a good time to do stuff? and who is gear? lol.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

uh... well, who gear is, is easy. he's a veteran that there was an exposition storm about less than a full page ago.

what's happening is that the team are deploying to the surface, while Kol lags behind, and a 'thing' falls out of a 'hole in the sky'.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

*flip flops* uhuh
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The team just got to earth. You can post whenever you want to, 22.

And... yeah, sorry for the exposition storms. I just figure that's what briefing for a mission is like. A bunch of explanation about the assignment, and, in this case, the person you are sent to find. I realize I am prone to super long exposition storms, and I'm trying to get better about that.
-Champion Motto

22xander

Post by 22xander »

I'm still figuring out what the cutlass should do. It has to do something. I'm considering everything from having a hammerspace to store stuff, to summoning shots from ghost cannons, to a ghost ship. Most of which is, well, silly. XD
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Well, Blackbeard was known for lighting wicks in his beard in order to take on a demonic or intimidating appearance to break the moral of his opponents, preferring tactical intimidation over force. I SWEAR I'm getting this from wikipedia, not from Assassin's Creed. Maybe wielding it causes the wearer to take on an appearance resembling a demonic or fiery version of their base form, and/or grants the wielder heightened strength or a fear aura.
-Champion Motto

22xander

Post by 22xander »

That would actualy... be pretty awsome. Especialy if your willing to allow a bit of a STR rank up, given how weak Alexander is in that feild.

Imagine this, a demon flys down at you on wings that seem to be on fire, eyes seemingly aflame with a sort of magical aura... ok, I like that.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

you do realise that being desynced from the rest of the group by a unknown number of hours means you wont be able to interact with anyone until you catch up right? the others don't even land til mid morning.