Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Legotron123

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Quint gave a slight chuckle as Jenny tried to figure out what his relationship with Kolt. "It is a bit more physical than that. To put it simply, I am, quite literally in his head. As more what I do, I enhance his physical and mental capabilities and in return, he provides me with nutrients and a chance to experience senses I do not have in my basic form." He said, before looking around the group somewhat cautiously. "I have to say, you are taking this a lot better than either of us are used to. Usually when we reveal the sorta symbiosis we have, they go 'ew, you are crawling around inside his head' and demand I get out. Nobody has ever reacted this calmly before."
Last edited by Legotron123 on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'm a federal agent," Jenny explained with a small smirk; as though that explained it all. "I've seen conjoined on both sides of the law in varying degrees."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich shrugged, "About 72 hours ago I was making the last batch of donuts for my friends bakery. In the past few hours I have confronted the ultimate being of hatred, a zombie apocalypse and a world eating death worm. You are going to have to try harder than "brain slug" after all of that."

-------

"I've seen far more weird stuff than this in my time. You're actually not the first symbiotic pair I've come across," Hjalmar added.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana shrugged, tipping the container to balance it on a rim, "You see a lot of things in the backwater system I'm from. You kinda just take the weird in stride after awhile."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:Kol had about finished when the drone came over. Getting up she looked over, "White is traditional for a [Pit Fighter]'s attire, though red is kind of my color... hmmm..."

She paused momentarily in her answer, gesturing to her stripes which have faded considerably, and appear to have run. apparently they were some kind of paint. She takes a looking around, noticing that a lot of the fabrics people wore was more than one color. That was new to her. Clothing was about utility, not style... but maybe...

"maybe a bit of both?" she asks, making another of her hard-to-read multi armed gestures, before pulling out the keycard and credit cards he had given her earlier. "I wanted to pick up some proper weapons too, is there an artificer nearby that's open? And how do I use these?"
"White with a red trim. Yeah, I can do that. As for weapons, it might take a little longer to get it to you because it's a late request. Basically it works like pretty much everything else on the ship. You tell me what to make, I make it. Weapons are pretty heavily regulated, so only Champions and Security drones have them. As such, if you want weapons, I'm the one you give the request to. Unlike food, clothing, and housing, weapons aren't essential for standard survival around here, so you will need to pay." The droid explained. "When I'm done making what you ask for, I will have a machine that you put the card into. It will handle the payment, then you get the card back. Anywhere you need to use money, those machines will be there."

When Ulrich mentioned Odium, Hivemind shot him a vicious look. Luckily, though, most of the remaining patrons were gone. The old blind man was the only one left and he seemed to be asleep...
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Ah... I'm not sure exactly what i was looking to get. The armaments the others use are far more potent than the simple blades and [Musket analog]'s that i'm used to seeing..." Kol commented, slightly frustrated. "I was hoping there was a shop I could browse through."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

69eist wrote:Reva folds his wings behind his head, leaning back on the bench. "Bros since birth~" He laughs enthusiastically proudly, making Kona kinda scratch the back of his own head shyly.

Y-y-yeah... what he said.. Kona looks away while taking a bite of his quesadilla.

Reva then sits a little forward, wings on his lap as he looks up to Rika. "Having a nice time on this ship?"
Rika nodded joyfully. "Most Certainly, even though I've lived here all my life I wouldn't trade it for anywhere else. Although, I have heard nice things about Earth from my father. His family came from a place called 'Australia' which is really hot and has many interesting animals.. Oh! How about you two? Are you enjoying your time here?" She asked, gesturing around her.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Hmm... I do have a catalog, but you might need help looking through it. Modern weapons are complex and I'm not sure you would understand the terminology it uses... Then again, I'm not sure you can even read English." He said. "Tell you what. I'll get you a basic utility weapon tomorrow, then when you get back from your next assignment, I'll go through the options with you. How are you with staves and polearms?"
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Quint seemed pleasantly surprised by the answers the others gave thanks. "Thank you for being so accepting of my partnership with Kolt. It took at least a year for most of our team back in Kuvasz to accept me." The brain slug puppeteering a foxes body seemed to be a bit more relaxed now, and a faint smile was etched on his face. "I think I am going to give control back to Kolt now. He has a couple of things that he wants to say himself."
Last edited by Legotron123 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"whats an english?" remember hoe kol has that tendency to get sidetracked?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"English is the language I am speaking. The translator is translating it into your language. Again, how are you with polearms and staves? You seem like a close range fighter."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I've trained with axes, a staff and a [No analogus term]... Not again... Ugh..." Kol explains, before growling the last part and slumping slightly, "Nevermind. Yes."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Talk away, friend," Jenny invited, moving onto dessert. A chocolate crunch with Pink custard.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Excellent. I'll give you a staff tomorrow before you go on your next assignment, along with your armor. Your clothes are done however, and I'm putting them in your room as we speak. They are made with a material that is designed similar to an ice chest and will insulate against heat, so if you keep it in your room overnight it should feel like wearing snow that's been somehow made into clothes. It should keep the heat away. The armor will have something a bit more sophisticated." He turned to the rest of the group and addressed them. "Attention everyone, I have some information about your next assignment. It's going to be quite different from today's mission. There is a certain someone we need the help of if we are to have a chance at long-term success. Gear is currently retired and living in a resort town in the Bahamas, so that's where we're going tomorrow should you accept the assignment. Once we retrieve him, the Beacon will depart for our next location. I will have more details about this tomorrow. Please be in the third floor meeting room tomorrow morning by 8:00 am. Any questions for now?"
-Champion Motto

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Reva and Kona, mostly Reva, were halfway through describing their time on the ship before Hivemind spoke up about their next assignment. Once he was finished, Rika turned back to the botanical fox and the eclectic avian. "W-Well, I best get going. I have a lot of things I need to do before tomorrow.. It was nice to chat with you two, see you tomorrow!"

They say their goodbyes and Rika quickly heads to her old apartment, stopping halfway to ask a Hive droid to help her with some boxes..

..Four trips later, and Rika's belongings were moved to her room in the HQ. Rika's room was styled about the same as her apartment, clean white walls with light hardwood flooring in an open-plan setup. The kitchen was in the far left, two doors were close to each other in the right corner nearest the front door and a third door was inset into the left wall just before the kitchen. The only difference between her old apartment and here was this room was much larger and didn't have the third door. The two rooms close together are the bedroom and bathroom, and the third leads to a private laboratory.

"Well then, how long have you had this set up for me?" She asked, setting down the box she was carrying. "You even got the same couch.. Anyway, thanks for helping me move these boxes.. I, ah, have just one more question before you go.. The assignment we have tomorrow, It's because 'you-know-who' isn't it?"
Character Reference
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Not long." The hive droid (different from the one still in the food court), who was carrying four large boxes at once, responded to Rika's first question. "I made it as soon as you were officially a member. The rooms are programmable matter. It takes very little time to get it all in the right shape." He set the boxes down. "As for your second question, yes. I wouldn't be pulling Gear out of his retirement if it weren't for Odium. And you can say his name. I just don't want it mentioned around civilians in case it causes a panic."
-Champion Motto

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika, who had now sat on the forementioned sofa, shrugged solemnly. "It causes me panic whenever I even think about him, let alone say his name.." She said in the same tone as her posture. "As for Gear, I hope he's had a relaxing retirement. Last I remember, he wasn't looking too good.." Rika moved herself into a reclining position, stretching her legs across the sofa. "Well, thanks again for your help Hive.. I'll see you tomorrow, at eight right?" She finished, pointing a finger toward the droid at the last word.
Character Reference
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As Quint gave control back to Kolt, the foxes body immediately became more relaxed and laid back. His movements became much more impulsive, as though they were decided by instinct rather than deliberation. He looked at the others, and gave a toothless smile. "Thanks so for being so understanding you guys. I know Quint already said it, but it bares repeating. Even my friends back home weren't this understanding, and I've known them for years!" He paused. "Which reminds me, I promised I'd call them as soon as I got settled in here. Gonna have to do that tonight." Before Kolt could continue, he was interrupted by Hivemind giving them their next mission. "Uh, I have a question. What are the Bahamas? I just left my planet a few days ago, and I haven't had time to look anything up yet."

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Nodding at Hivemind's words, Kol seems a little uncomfortable when she states "of course." having expected to have to barter for such things. With that, she bids goodbye to the others, Giving Jenny and Tatiana hugs, before heading off.

- - - - -

Elswhere... in a room that honestly looked more aquarium than apartment...

A squidlike creature had just logged off the data net, And began to stretch a little as he spoke. "Got us an assignment for tomorrow." He said to the seemingly empty room. "Research survey, The science council want someone to check out why there are microwave emissions coming from a seemingly empty sector. We're supposed to check in at Velgor Station tomorrow morning for the details."

Almost as if answering the running lights of his suit came on from it's place in the charging dock on the wall, a voice coming out of it. "Nice. all I've managed is leveling my Zergling up to 18. Little guy eats like thirty zoidbergs a day now."

It took a moment for the squid to figure out what the machine was talking about.

"Crossover Wars is a terrible game. I can't believe you're still playing that."

"I like the characters!"

"it's all public domain characters from hundreds of years ago, and they're not even using them corectly!" He complained, annoyed at having to defend his position.

"This from the one who burned out his previous body pulling a 90-hour launch-day marathon of a 500 year old series getting rebooted for the umpteenth time?" The suit jabbed back playfully.

"That's different... That was the first version since the original games that acknowledged Reach... Also, that was technically both of us." The creature just grumbled.

"And the launch day, August 30th 2552, being fan-boy bait had nothing to do with it, I'm sure."

". . . . ."

"I'm going back to recharge mode now."
Last edited by Buster on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"No problem. Sleep well." The hive droid said as it left the room.

--------------------------------
When Kol left, Hivemind said goodbye, then got to answering questions.
Legotron123 wrote:As Quint gave control back to Kolt, the foxes body immediately became more relaxed and laid back. His movements became much more impulsive, as though they were decided by instinct rather than deliberation. He looked at the others, and gave a toothless smile. "Thanks so for being so understanding you guys. I know Quint already said it, but it bares repeating. Even my friends back home weren't this understanding, and I've known them for years!" He paused. "Which reminds me, I promised I'd call them as soon as I got settled in here. Gonna have to do that tonight." Before Kolt could continue, he was interrupted by Hivemind giving them their next mission. "Uh, I have a question. What are the Bahamas? I just left my planet a few days ago, and I haven't had time to look anything up yet."
"The Bahamas is a small nation consisting of a series of small tropical islands. It is known for it's natural beauty and tourism based economy. When Gear retired, I set him up there in hopes that the environment would be good for his health." he answered. "Anyone else have any questions? Again, I will be explaining more about the assignment tomorrow."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"That was something," Ulrich said after Kolt had regained control of his body, "I think it is interesting that he has a mind of his own. Does he take after anything you do? Being around someone for quite some time makes it more likely that you will pick up on their actions. Is it like watching a movie or riding in the back seat of a shuttle? Watching with little control?" He stopped to listen to Hiveminds announcement, a smile growing across his face when the name "Bahamas" was mentioned. He turned back to Kolt after the announcement, "The Bahamas is a group of a few hundred islands, I know it is not too specific. It is a rather tropical area."

---------

"Oh man it's been a while since I've been to the Bahamas. Here's hoping that the mission is to "patrol" the islands."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"A lot of people look on it as a paradise," Jenny elucidated, "a 'heaven on Earth' kind of thing. A former colony of the British Empire that still remembers the better lessons of the conquerors. It's one of the politest places there is." She looked up, feeling people were looking at her. "What? I read about it once."

Time passed and, after checking in on her bike, Jenny headed for her room and entered, letting the door close before flopping backwards onto the sofa. She aimed a middle finger at where she assumed a surveillance camera was hidden - and wondered if Hivemind wold comment and confirm tomorrow - and headed for a glass and a bottle of Brandy she'd bought on the last Space Station.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Having received no further questions and with Kona and Reva's departure to their room(s) meaning half the team had turned in, the Hive droid said goodbye and walked back to the kitchen. Only one of his bodies slept. The rest of him had to stay awake and run the ship's functions. These bodies couldn't feel exhaustion, so he didn't mind so much, but it was odd when one of his brains was dreaming and the others were awake enough to know it. It was like having a strange lucid waking dream. He was curious as to what he would dream today as his biological body went to sleep, leaving his mechanical bodies to continue running the ship.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As everyone went their separate ways, Kolt and Quint decided to take their food and check out their new room. As the they stepped into the room, Kolt was rather amazed at how well Hivemind recreated Viszlian architecture, and began wandering the apartment, checking to see how many of his requests the technopath had fulfilled. "Small, circular rooms, soundproof walls, plenty of outlets in convenient places, and he even brought up that sensory array that Vensz made for you. Seems like he's covered almost everything. Now let's just see if he remembered to bring some of his home planets best media." And indeed, as Kolt went into the living room, he saw multiple shelves lining the walls, each of them filled to the brim with books, movies, comics, or games. Kolts eyes immediately went to the shelves with video games on them, and started scanning over them, looking for any that had a interesting title. "Let's see, Katamari Forever, Kid Icarus Uprising, oh this one sounds interesting. 'Kingdom Hearts games 1-10, The Dark Seeker Saga.' That should help pass the time for the next few hours." He sat down in front of the large flatscreen Hivemind gave him and booted up the game console listed on the box, and booted up his first journey into Earths culture.

Deske

Post by Deske »

Once the majority of the people had left, Ulrich decided it was time for him to go as well. He stood and left for the elevator, arriving at his room a few minutes later. He looked at the clock and figured it'd be an okay time for some "light" gaming. He dropped into the rolling chair and scooted himself infront of the computer, starting up a rather relaxing RPG of somewhat critical acclaim. This would tide him over until later in the night.

---------

Hjalmar grabbed a burger and sat alone in the mostly empty food court. He thought back on the day's work as he bit into his burger.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana waited until everything wound down she went back to her room, giving a wave to those who remained. The thought of the Bahamas interested her, she never went somewhere like them, from what she heard and what Jenny said it wasn't a place she was used to. As she entered her room she merely sat on a simple chair, not much she had to do int terms of pass times, and would seem to sit there for the remainder of the night, her body having no real need for a bed. She never really felt like she fell asleep at all, she always felt like she "turned off" instead. And so she sat there, motionless within a dreamless sleep, waiting for morning.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The next morning, Randy and Morgan woke up early. Both were expected at the meeting room before the rest of the team, as they were the leaders. In preparing to leave on an assignment, even one to one of the most relaxing places in the world to retrieve an old friend, they both got prepared in their full equipment. Morgan donned her armor and Randy refilled the pouches in his utility belt with the basic supplies. They managed to sneak in some martial arts practice together before they needed to head out. They left the room and went down the elevator to the third floor meeting room where a security droid was waiting for them. Together, they all waited for the recruits to file in.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Hjalmar was up early preparing for the day. He had packed the night before and was mainly going through his morning routine. First he grabbed some shears and pruned the small bonsai he had sitting on his dresser. He cut off extraneous branches and carefully rearranged the decorations at the bottom to give the small scene some added life, "Can't wait to get to work on that northern set," Hjalmar said to himself. He placed the shears down and gave it a once over to make sure it looked even. Satisfied, he turned around and stripped out of his clothes before jumping in the shower.

Once out he got dressed in shorts, a shirt and some slip on shoes. Nothing fancy, hopefully Randy'd make time for the beach.

Once he was done he headed down to the meeting room and sat in a chair. "Hey you two. What's our schedule look like? We got time to hit the beach?"
--------

Ulrich woke up and rolled over to look at his clock. It was early. Why did old people wake up so early? Why did he have to be old? He thought these things to himself as he dragged himself out of bed and over to the mirror. A quick thought of when the meeting was wandered through his head as he weighed the pros and cons of going back to sleep. After some back and forth he turned the coffee maker on and got in the shower.

He got out of the shower and ran some gel through his hair to make it look a little less awful. He combed his beard and pulled on a tank top and shorts. He chose hiking boots instead of something more appropriate for the beach on the off chance that they had to walk somewhere. But just to make sure his bases were covered, he had also packed a rather protective shirt.

He did a once over in the mirror and when he was sufficiently happy with his look, he grabbed his coffee and headed down to the meeting room as well.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika had woken up around six, rather late by her standards as she was usually up around four for her old job. She jumped in the shower first, brushing what little fur she had after and threw on her casual outfit. After a bit of breakfast, she grabbed her hip-pack with her essentials, including sunscreen, the backpack with her combat gear inside, and then headed for the meeting room.

At the meeting room, she entered with smile. "Good morning everyone~! ..Well, almost everyone." She said, adding the last after looking around the room. She sat at the table and waited for the others.
Character Reference
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol, better late than never ambled her way in yawning and looking still slightly tired. Grumbling something about 'stupid short days'. she has a new outfit on though, much more 'human tailoring' styled than what she'd had before. You can tell she's not used to having sleeves from the way she fidgets.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny arrived, wearing a leather version of her jacket from yesterday. Coolant systems operated throughout the fabric, rendering it wearable in the tropical conditions they were about to arrive in. She wore black trousers and biking boots but the most obvious change from the previous day was the phase rifle slung across her back. "You gonna be OK down there, Kol," she asked with genuine concern. "It's going to be very warm down there."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt walked into the briefing room, and immediately grabbed everyone's attention with his outfit. It appeared to be a full body suit made out of some sort of spandex-like material, while his head was covered by what looked to be a modified motorcycle helmet. The suits color scheme seemed to be a reversed version of Kolts natural fur colors, being primarily dark red with silver markings. The logo for his former team (three different alien canine heads howling in the triangle formation, and surrounded by a circle stylized to look like a strand of DNA) was emblazoned on his chest and shoulders, all connected by the silver stripes that were scattered across his outfit. His right arm had what appeared to be some sort of gauntlet on it, and his helmet had holes for his ears and muzzle to comfortably stick out. He looked around at his fellow Champions, and seemed to be rather confused. "Weren't we supposed to be suited up before we arrived at the briefing? Or am I remembering the instructions Hivemind gave us incorrectly?"

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny raised her glasses slightly. "Impressive," she said. "Should stop anyone shooting at me. I think the armour's optional. It's just a pickup mission."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana awoke earlier than most. But had little she needed to do, so when the time came she simply grabbed her rifle, some plasma cartridges and headed to the meeting room. As she entered she added to Jenny's words, "Pickup mission or not. It pays to be prepared." She gave a wave to the others present before leaning against a wall.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The Lycan laughed at Jenny's comment. "Yeah, and yesterday was just an investigation, but you saw how that turned out."

"Honestly, you could make a case for either. On one hand things are pretty unstable at the moment given what happened yesterday. It would be understandable to wear armor 24/7. On the other hand, going planetside in full combat gear is often poor form unless a major fight is expected. I will leave the option for you to decide if you want to be in full armor or not." He turned to Kol. "You're the exception to this, Kol. Unfortunately, being in the heat of the Bahamas will be extremely hazardous to your health. The good news is that your environment suit is ready. Wearing it, you'd be able to stand on top of an erupting volcano and not feel the heat of it. We'll pick it and your staff up on our way to the portal gate. We still have some time and a few more people we are waiting on." He said to the others. "Once they get here, I'll tell you a bit more about the assignment and the person you are looking for, as well as give news about yesterday's events."

When Kona and Reva got there, Hivemind continued. "Excellent. So first thing is to tell you about what has happened since yesterday. First, Mr. Baker has been sent to a reformation facility. However, due to a totally unintentional typo in the forms, he has been sent to the more relaxed Capitol District reformation facility as opposed to the higher security one in the Necropolis. Also, a convenient and oddly specific computer glitch that was totally not caused by a technopathic hack resulted in his family getting early approval to travel to the beacon before we leave later today. Also, yesterday a third unrelated computer glitch resulted in an empty shuttle bound for earth being diverted from it's original path in favor of one that lets it pick up said family and bring them on board the beacon. They will be arriving within the hour." He grins mischievously. "Honestly, it's incredible how buggy computers can get."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Appreciated, sir," Jenny said, meaning it. "Oh, for today you may want to drop us a little out of town. The Scaff Brothers - Lesser villains but still powered - hit one of the islands banks recently. I don't know if that made your info net but it did the local presses and law enforcement notes. Their police got hurt so they're likely to be twitchy and they are armed. Beaming several scary people right into their midst might cause an accident."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hivemind smiled. "Thanks for the warning Jenny. We were alerted about it and we've dispatched a more experienced team to find them. In the meantime, you will be looking for someone named Luke Stevens." He walked over to a wall and tapped it. An old image of Luke popped up on the wall. He was in military clothing and smiling with a couple other soldiers with a large, old fashioned sniper rifle strapped to his back. "Luke started out as a sniper for the United Worlds. Most of his operations during this time were classified. At some point he was discharged honorably from the military and started working as a marksman for planetary defense and SWAT. Then, when Justus, Randy, Morgan, and Miles, the Legionnaire, got captured, he helped me in retrieving them. They had already escaped by the time we got there."

He continued. "Afterwards he joined us in founding the Champions. He left his position on the SWAT team to focus entirely on our interplanetary efforts. On one mission, we payed a visit to Varanus, home of the species that had previously attacked earth. We found ourselves in the middle of a warzone in the desert. If that wasn't bad enough, a World-Eater serpent, the very one who's undead form you fought, was attracted to the sound of the fighting. It attacked all sides of the conflict from below the ground, killing dozens of soldiers each time it struck. In one strike, it only took a single individual; Luke." He tapped the wall again and the image changed to something hidden under a sheet in an operating room. "The serpent swallowed him. By the time Justus got there and killed the thing, Luke was near death. He lost both arms, both legs, half his skin, and most of his organs were damaged beyond repair. It's a testament to how tough he was that he didn't die in seconds in that state. Whatever we couldn't save had to be removed and we grafted mechanical replacements to his body. By the time the surgeries were finished, Luke was 78% mechanical. Lungs, stomach, bones, even entire limbs had to be completely replaced with cybernetic components." He looked sad to be discussing this. Clearly it's still a painful memory. "After that, he adopted the codename 'Gear' in reference to his mechanical body."

"With his cybernetic implants and robotic limbs, Gear has heightened reflexes, strength, speed, endurance, and most of all he has a chaotic systems predictor in his neural implant at his own request. This gives him a major upgrade to his aim. He could hit a target the size of my thumb from ten to twenty miles depending on the rifle. However, he started to show signs of PTSD from what happened with the serpent. He would isolate himself, he would be irritable, tired, and he would sometimes seem to go into a panic whenever something reminded him of this. We provided medication and therapy which seemed to take the edge off, but with more and more fights and after so many close calls his symptoms continued to get worse. It got to the point where he could not function anymore, and so he retired. That is who you are looking for. He won't fight you, but he won't come easily. Don't mention anything about the serpent you fought and let Randy talk to him about Odium. Do you have any questions about the man you are looking for?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not about the man, no," Jenny stated, running a check on her rifle, "but more the situation. This talk seems like 'tea and a biscuit' discussions. Sending the full team? That's almost as though you're expecting something... unexpected? Not that I mind if I can take my bike but I'd like to know. Sir."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"Ooh ooh ooh" Reva waves his hand in the air excitedly.

"We get to meet a real life Termite?" He says with his feathers folded, jumping slightly in place.

Kona couldn't help but pfftt as he looked away, (I think he means Terminator)
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Again, after yesterday?" The Lycan and Hivemind said simultaneously, responding to Jenny's question.

"I have a number of reasons why I want to send the group." Hivemind elaborated. "For one, i figure if he knows the steps we are taking to prepare for what's ahead, he might be more willing to join. Second, like we keep saying, after yesterday I'm being extra cautious. Also I figured that a day in the Bahamas and seeing an old friend would, barring the unexpected, be a pleasant change of pace from yesterday for all of you." He finished explaining and turned Reva and Kona. "More like Robocop plus Hawkeye. Any other questions?"
-Champion Motto