Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Deske »

Hjalmar picked up his box of Chinese food and nodded his thanks to the cashier, before turning about and looking for a place to sit. After a few moments of searching, he managed to pick out some familiar faces among the seating area and made his way over to them.
He pulled a chair up to the table and gave a wave to Randy and Morgan before sitting down, "Hey look, two people I know. Mind if I sit here?" He turned his head to look at the new hires, "Oh, we've got some new ones. Let me guess, you're the guys Solomon was telling me about earlier today?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Um... Hello? Again? sort of?" Kol jut stands kind of dumbly in front of the serving droid, slightly confused, not sure if she was suposed to ask something.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana stopped eating as Morgan told of the start of the champions, "Talk about unappreciative. You help fight off an invasion and they repay you with containment and drugs. Well at least all that's in the past. Now you sorta have a world all your own with this ship." Tatiana reached into the container only to find it empty, letting out a sigh of disappointment.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gave a quick nod and a thanks before heading towards the building, using his telekinesis to propel himself faster. After arriving at the tower, it took him a few minutes to find the food court, but eventually he made his way there. He stepped into the room, taking a note of how the architecture was different from what it was like on his planet, before Quint spotted what appeared to be a decently sized group of people. "Let's see, two people that bare a striking resemblance to a Concertian, some sort of an avian species, a robot, another one of those humans that are all over the place, and a giant rat. That's either a group of superheroes, or the cast of a sitcom." He walked over to the group, trying to appear friendly and welcoming. "Hey there. I'm guessing you're my new teammates?" He pulled up a chair and sat next to Randy, his wolf-like appearance reminding him of one of his old friends. "My name's Kolt, code named Kitsune. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."
Last edited by Legotron123 on Tue May 28, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Hey Hjalmar. Yeah, these are the new recruits." Randy said when Hjalmar showed up. He then turned and responded to Tatiana. "Well, you have to understand, during that battle Morgan demonstrated she could summon a hurricane at will and Justus demonstrated he could not only reverse gravity with enough power to send a fleet of warships back into space against the force of their engines. He also demonstrated that no matter how hard you hit him, it would only make him even more powerful. It's like having people who are also reusable nuclear bombs just walking around, and they didn't have any other contingency in place for something like us."

"Bah." Morgan said, bitterly. She then sighed. "He's right though. The people we directly saved were grateful. Even the people who caught us clearly didn't like holding us, and the leader of the facility... Well, he sounded like he didn't really enjoyed it or believe in it, it was simply his job to detain potential threats. Seemed to me he let us go, honestly. Six guards for a high security superhuman. The Legionnaire and Randy here didn't have any guards at all. They had... other things keeping them in. Honestly I think he wanted us to escape."

When Kolt got there, Randy nodded. "Hey. Sorry about the inconvenience. I heard you were supposed to be at the orientation but got held up."

---------------------------

The humanoid smiled. "Yeah, hello again Kol. Long time no see." He joked. "Like I said before I'll fix you something based on what you described. It won't be exact, since we don't really have the same ingredients, but I should be able to make something close." He went over to the back. There was some mechanical whirring like a printer from the back as the food replicator printed out ingredients approximating what Kol talked about. He made sure to reprogram it to ensure it had nothing in it that would poison Kol given her medical scans. After a few minutes, he showed up again carrying some kind of odd looking dried fish and some sort of cave fungi. He diced and ground the fungi into a sort of sauce and put it on the fish and leftover mushrooms. He gave the plate to Kol. "Here. Probably isn't what you are used to, but it's as close as I could get based on your description. No charge for this. You get three meals at this counter for free a day. Some people get down on their luck and can't find a job. I believe they shouldn't starve when food is as abundant as it is on this ship, so I opened a public kitchen here."
Last edited by CyberDragon on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I guess I can see how their actions were justified. Not so much fear as it was just trying to figure out what to do with you." He finished the rest of his plate and stacked it with the others, "I think it could have been more tactful though. Less likely to end in violence."

-----

Hjalmar nodded, surveying the new crew, "Well-" he began before being cut off by Kolts entrance, "Another one? Jeez. Must've generated a lot of interest on your last sortie, eh?" He lifted a spoonful of stew to his mouth and blew on it lightly, "Well I'll be the fourth to welcome you all. Welcome to the Beacon of Hope. Judging by the fact that none of you went to the public kitchen, I'd say you found your first mission fairly lucrative?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'm told it was," Jenny replied, again expressing her disinterest in the finances before looking at one of the newcomers. "I hear Kitsune's are tricksters, hmm?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"Um, I think in Earth culture that's what they're know for? Kolt said, not wanting to make any assumptions. "Really it's just the closest translation the translators could come up with. On my planet, they were basically magical vigilantes, who used their powers to fight back against various ne'er-do-well's. Nowadays their stories are studied as examples of how earlier civilizations reacted to Capes." He said, feeling a bit excited about the chance to share his planets culture.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Hjalmar pushed out a chair for Kolt to sit in, "Welcome to the team! So what world do you come from? I haven't had time to read your file and honestly I'd prefer first hand tales rather than trying to make do with recordings and forms."

-------

Ulrich gave a small wave to Kolt before standing up and leaning over the table with an outstretched hand, "It is good to meet you. We were discussing where we're from and what we could do. Do you have anything to add to that?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"It's... Close? I think?" Kol comments looking at the plate. The fish doesn't quite look like what she's used to calling fish, but she's willing to give it a try. Taking the tray, she breaks off a small piece and gives it a bite.

There's no prickly feeling, so the fish isn't a venomous variety, which she thinks is odd, and the ground up lichens aren't spicy like she expected, but the mushrooms and fish themselves actually aren't bad.

Smiling, she comments, "it's pretty good, though I don't think you have the right ingredients."

Walking over to the table the others are at, she asks "Is there any room left?"
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"For you, Kol," Jenny said, scooching over as much as she could to make space, "we'll make room. What is that, might I ask?" she said, nodding to Kol's plate.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"It's hivemind's attempt at a recipe from home." Kol explains, sitting down. "It's a bit off though. It's a different kind of fish and the [Cave Moss?] is supposed to make it spicy, but I don't think he used enough... Or the wrong kind."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Makes sense. Hivemind needs to replicate the ingredients. If he doesn't have a sample to replicate it from, he needs to improvise and modify something he already has." He looked at the food. "Looks kind of like cod fish. Only different. Modified in some way. My guess is he found something in the cod fish that you couldn't have and took it out or he added something that you need to it." Randy said, looking at Kol's dish. He then went back to his own dish and realized that he had already finished the five plus pound slab of beef. "Huh. I still feel kind of hungry..."
"Don't make yourself sick. You can get a protein bar from the vending machine later." Morgan warned him.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I guess... It's going to be hard to get ones from home though, I don't even know where home is from here. I didn't even know there were places above the stars before this morning." Kol complained, during a brief pause between bites of fish.

Noticing the size of the plate in front of Randy, as well as the empty ones Ulrich has left on the table, mistaking them for his, Kol lets out that sound, the one she was making when she was tearing apart zombies, briefly before commenting, "I guess burrowing into the side of a giant snake works up an appetite?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt smiled, glad that people were interested in hearing about his home. "Well I'm from the planet Concerto, in what I believe you call the Solato system. We've got three continents, named Viszla, Spinon, and Anju, which are each governed by their own nation. I'm from Viszla, more specifically the capital city Kuvasz."
I will never get tired of your countries obsession with Vs and Zs.
Kolt ignored his partners snarking and continued his talking uninterrupted. "As for my power, I have a genetic deviation that grants me a rather versatile form of telekinesis. I can use it to fly, create force fields, lift heavy objects, all sorts of things. The only problem is that, since it's a part of my biology, it draws from the same calories that the rest of my body uses, so I have to eat a lot to stay at full power. Which reminds me, do you guys know what they're serving here? I've been meaning to try some alien cuisine for a while now. Though to you guys I suppose it's just cuisine."
Last edited by Legotron123 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika had simply waved to the new people joining the table as she finished her meal. At noticing Ulrich's tray and Randy's plate, she took it upon herself to take them and her own tray to the counter.

As she did, she noticed Kona and Reva sitting by themselves. After putting the aforementioned trays away, she came over to them. "Hello again! I don't think I got to introduce myself in the catacombs, I'm Dr. Rika Montoni." She gave a little bow and smiled, waiting for a reply.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Go and ask for whatever you like, Kolt," Jenny said, "I understand the server won't let you be poisoned." She put the chew on another piece of steak before looking at Kol's plate again. "Looks cold... Oh, of course, your world is freezing, isn't it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Yes. It's still taking some getting used to, being in a place this warm." Kol answered, making an unfamiliar gesture with her upper arms.

"Stoves, showers, heaters, all these weird contraptions that make no sense to one like me. Hot is not a good thing, it makes you not think well, stumble and collapse." It sounds like she's trying to describe heatstroke. "This morning, it was the darkest part of winter, now it feels like summer but there's no ice-wall to take shelter under." she explains, still unaware that Hivemind was manipulating the temperature to be more fall-ish when she was in the main city's medical area earlier. When she says 'ice wall', she makes a gesture that seems to imply something really tall.

When Kold mentions his home town, she mumbles the name to herself, just low enough that the translator doesn't correct her pronunciation.
"Kewvaav?" she says to herself sounding curious, if that's a village name, where's the other half?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"I guess... It's going to be hard to get ones from home though, I don't even know where home is from here. I didn't even know there were places above the stars before this morning." Kol complained, during a brief pause between bites of fish.

Noticing the size of the plate in front of Randy, as well as the empty ones Ulrich has left on the table, mistaking them for his, Kol lets out that sound, the one she was making when she was tearing apart zombies, briefly before commenting, "I guess burrowing into the side of a giant snake works up an appetite?"
"Not really. Maintaining this human form does though." Randy, who has been in human form since he left his room told her. "Part of being what I am is that I need around one hundred pounds of food a week. My shape-shifting uses thousands of tiny high energy muscles just to get the fur to retract. To say nothing of the need to alter my own bone structure. It's one reason why there are so few lycanthropes around anymore. Even when food is abundant, it's still not normally enough to support large numbers. As for the temperature, honestly it got colder when you got here. I think Hivemind is trying to find an even ground of sorts with the weather. Something where you won't die of heat stroke and we won't freeze to death." Randy said, still not aware she wasn't aware of the artificial environment.

Meanwhile Morgan was talking with Kolt and Jenny. "To be safe though, Kolt, I'd go ask Hivemind if there is anything you should be avoiding. You can find one of him behind the counter of the Public Kitchen. The other restaurants are privately owned, and the cooks might not know if something on their menu is harmful to you. He can tell you what's good."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny patted one of Kol's arms. "Whilst you're here, perhaps you'll get used to it." She smiled positively. "You'll certainly have some stories, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Wait, it's usually hotter than this?" Kol whimpered, sounding more than a little alarmed. When jenny tried to comfort her, she weakly commented, "I Hope so..."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana became a little silent as more and more people began to show themselves, though turned her attention to Kolt at the mention of telekinesis, "Another telekinetic huh? Aside from the force fields, same. Well that and it can crack my shell if I over do it." She lifted the empty container and started to lick up the crumbly bits that fell from her meal. Though her tongue was inside the container her modulated voice was just as clear, "Eh. Food's, food. Whatever you can't eat: not food. Kinda makes it complicated with all the different biologies though."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'll have to ask Hivemind to keep the temperature in my room at 5°C whenever you're there, Kol. I'm still comfortable at that temperature."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Once you get your food," Morgan said to Kolt with a knowing look. "You should introduce us to your little friend." She turned to Tatiana and smiled. "I guess that makes three then. I myself am Aquakinetic. Telekinesis that is specialized to water..." she waved a hand and a piece of chicken floated out of the rice. "...and anything that contains it."
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolts smile quickly fell into a worried frown. "How do you know know about that? Hivemind said he'd keep it a secret until I chose to talk about it." He sighed. "Dang it, I wasn't looking forward to this. Alright, just let me get some food. Then I'll show you my partner." The Concertian got out of his seat and headed over to one of the serving droids, the same one Kol talked to earlier. "Give me some sort of Earth classic. Something so beloved it's served in school cafeterias."
Last edited by Legotron123 on Tue May 28, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Morgan smiles apologetically as Kolt walked off. "Sorry. I just thought that is something your team should know about."

When Kolt got over to the Public Kitchen, Hivemind greeted him. "Hey. You'll probably want something heavy, right? Something filling. Hmm... Let's see. A chicken strip meal with fries and a cheese stick. With some kind of carbonated soda. That's a fairly simple and popular food." As he got to replicating the ingredients and cooking, he kept talking. "I didn't tell anyone. I figured you'd tell them when you were ready. Morgan is very different. Her psychic connection to water goes beyond just being able to move things. She can feel water around her. She can tell where people and objects are based on this. My guess is she felt your partner in your head because he doesn't have the same density of water as the rest of your brain tissue. As to how she knew that was your partner, it was probably a good guess. I had to tell them that there were two new additions. They lead the team. She must have put two and two together." He finished up cooking and handed the plate full of fried chicken strips, fries, and a cheese-stuffed bread stick before filling up a cup with cola. "Here. I'd rather you not pull a symbiotic slug out of your brain in front of a bunch of people who are eating. Probably best to just let Quint talk for a little bit, or just explain the situation yourself."
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt grumbled, not liking the situation but not really finding the technopath at fault. He gave a quick thanks and headed back to the others, placing his tray in front of his seat and sitting down. After spending a moment simply sitting there and staring at his food, he eventually looked up at the others. "So, I'm guessing you're wondering who she was referring to when she said "my little friend." He said, desperately hoping they'd be willing to wait for him to be ready, yet simultaneously knowing it would be a bad idea to postpone revealing Quint to them.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Personally, I can wait," Jenny offered after seeing the discomfort in Kolts' face. "I have my own secrets I don't feel like revealing just yet. Uh," she added quickly, "they're in my file for those who need to know, of course."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Yeah... Again, sorry about that. I should have figured you might want to hold off on explaining that. You don't have to explain right now if you don't want to." She said, genuinely sorry she said anything.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich nodded, "Yes, you do not have to reveal your secrets if you do not want to. I am sure no one here is going to push you for them until you are ready." He gave the alien a smile, "If they did I'm sure the rest of us would have something to say about that."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gave the others a weary smile. "Thanks guys, but as much as I don't want to do this, you're going to have to find out eventually, and besides, I did say I'd introduce you to my partner once I got my food." He took a deep breath to psych himself up before closing his eyes and passing control over to Quint.
In a moment, his body changed. His posture became less laid back and more on guard, as though he didn't feel comfortable relaxing around the other Champions yet. His movements became more slow and deliberate, and his tail, which had previously been idly wagging back and forth, suddenly became still. Quint opened his eyes, and seemed to experiment with his control of their body before turning his head to look at the others. "Hello everyone. My name is Quint. I am the partner that Kolt referred to."
Last edited by Legotron123 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny peered at the 'newcomer' at the table and adjusted her glasses in a play of intelligence. "Interesting," she said intently, forking a bit of lettuce. "not quite a split personality. Some form of telepathic union?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Randy gave a somewhat confused look to Morgan, who mouthed It's complicated back to him. When they were both finished with their plates, they stood up and started to walk out.

"All right, everyone. It's getting late, and Morgan and I need to discuss what happened today with Hivemind. You guys have fun, then get some sleep. I suspect there will be more work tomorrow." And with that, the two of them walked off.

They got to the elevator and entered together. Randy hit the button for the fifth floor.

"What was it you needed to tell me?" Morgan asked him, taking somewhat serious tone about this thing that couldn't be said in front of civilians.
"We saw Odium today."
Morgan went silent for a moment, a hint of fear showing through despite her efforts to suppress it. "I should have been there with you. You could have been killed! Or worse!" she spoke up.
"He wasn't physical. There wouldn't have been anything you could have done, Morgan. You can't fight off what isn't physically there." He responded.

The elevator arrived while they were discussing this. They got out and started walking to the meeting room.

"And what exactly did you do? How did you survive?"
"We didn't do anything. The beast got dragged off by something. We couldn't see it, but it was powerful and used some kind of light based power."
Morgan thought for a moment. "The Dragon Knight?"
"I believe so."
"Does Solomon know? I mean, Justus is his brother."
"I haven't discussed this with him yet, but I have a feeling I know what he's going to say."

They got to the room, but continued speaking before entering.

"Tomorrow I am going to go with you. Doesn't matter what Solomon says." She reached up and kissed him. He kissed her back. "Nothing would make me happier." And with that, they entered the room where the real Solomon waited with a hive drone by his side.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana set her container down as she inspected the dual minded teammate before her, "I'll say I don't envy you though, got enough going on inside me as it is. So, what do you do? Oh, and hi there, forgetting my gosh darn manners again..."
69eist

Post by 69eist »

~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika had simply waved to the new people joining the table as she finished her meal. At noticing Ulrich's tray and Randy's plate, she took it upon herself to take them and her own tray to the counter.

As she did, she noticed Kona and Reva sitting by themselves. After putting the aforementioned trays away, she came over to them. "Hello again! I don't think I got to introduce myself in the catacombs, I'm Dr. Rika Montoni." She gave a little bow and smiled, waiting for a reply.
"Ah, hello there Dr. Montoni. I don't think we had the chance to exchange pleasantries. I'm - Kona is abruptly interrupted as Reva stands up, grabbing Rika's hand shaking it enthusiastically.

Reva and Kona, the pleased to meet ya- Kona elbows Reva in the hip, making him flinch as he sits back down.

"Enjoying your lunch so far? he tilts his head, holding a quesadilla in his paw.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

"I have been, yes, but I just finished and was thinking of heading home. I, ah, noticed you two by yourselves and thought I'd introduce myself properly before I left.." Rika replied, continuing to smile at the pair. "..You two have been friends for a long time, am I right?" She asked idly, noting their behaviour towards each-other.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich smiled and introduced himself to the "new" person. "I am Ulrich, it is nice to meet you! I am sure we will get to know each other better in the comings days."
69eist

Post by 69eist »

~\Rook/~ wrote:"I have been, yes, but I just finished and was thinking of heading home. I, ah, noticed you two by yourselves and thought I'd introduce myself properly before I left.." Rika replied, continuing to smile at the pair. "..You two have been friends for a long time, am I right?" She asked idly, noting their behaviour towards each-other.
Reva folds his wings behind his head, leaning back on the bench. "Bros since birth~" He laughs enthusiastically proudly, making Kona kinda scratch the back of his own head shyly.

Y-y-yeah... what he said.. Kona looks away while taking a bite of his quesadilla.

Reva then sits a little forward, wings on his lap as he looks up to Rika. "Having a nice time on this ship?"
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Randy and Morgan walked into the meeting room and took their seats at the center table. Solomon was sitting across from them. He didn't look well at all. He had a wiry and unkempt beard and greying black hair growing all over the place. He was skinny with the underfed appearance of someone who hasn't been taking care of himself for a long time. His side of the room was darkened and he wore sunglasses and sound muffling headphones. He was looking down, away from the others. Right next to him, however, was a civilian hive droid with false skin and an appearance that would approximate what Solomon would look like if he were healthier.

"Sol..." Randy started.
"You're... here. In person?" Morgan said. "You... don't look so good, man."

"I... ah... I don't... please... mmm." The man stammered and stuttered. He started getting frustrated, and the hive droid spoke up. "Please. Don't slow this down or make it more uncomfortable for me by making my health and appearance the subject of conversation. We have plenty of things to talk about..."

"But we haven't seen you in four years, Solomon." The Lycan interrupted. "Nobody has. You look like you're falling apart!"

"I said don't." The hive droid said. Solomon was curling up and hugging himself, clearly getting stressed. The lights in the room flickered ominously. "I am fully aware of this. Stop talking about it and tell me about my brother."

Randy froze for a second. "I didn't actually see him..."
"You said that Odium was pulled away by chains of light. There is only one being powerful enough to do that and all of us know who that is. What exactly did you see."
"I told you, I didn't see much. Odium swooped down at us and before it could reach us, it was pulled away by spectral chains of light. When they appeared, Odium's... aura I guess seemed to weaken. I felt lighter. More hopeful, and I... could only think about how much I wanted to protect the recruits." He said. Some things were starting to click into place that only confirmed what he thought.
"Than it's true..." The real Solomon looked up, a big grin on his face. He was tearing up at the concept of some sign his brother was coming back. "And if he is fighting Odium, and Odium is returning... Odds are, he is returning too..." The hive droid spoke for him. "As much as I want to focus on that, that isn't what I want to talk about. As hopeful as I am, there isn't technically any promise of Justus coming back, but should Odium come back without Justus, we need to be as prepared as we can be. In order to do that, we need as many people with experience with Odium on our side."
"So you're saying..."
"We need to get the founders back together." The droid said. Solomon's face went serious. "This isn't going to be a pleasant experience. Luke retired for a reason and I can't express my anger with the Legionnaire's stupidity but... We will need both of them."
"The new team can help I believe." Randy suggested. "Their encounter today gives them more experience with Odium than about ninty percent of our current Champions."
"Agreed. Tomorrow your assignment will be to go to earth and try to convince Luke to rejoin. He won't come easily, but maybe he'll take a liking to your recruits. Besides, I'd say they've earned a trip to the Bahamas. Ooh, reminds me... I need to talk to Kol about something..." The hive droid added to himself.
"I'm going with them. I've been on nothing but inclement weather control for..." Morgan began to argue.
"Go. If Odium is out there, there is no telling where it might pop up. You're the only one strong enough to hold him off if he gets an avatar." Hivemind interrupted.
Morgan stopped. "Oh. Ok then."
"Go on and get some sleep. I have some things to prepare."

Randy and Morgan left the room and, exhausted from the day, immediately went to their room, climbed into bed, and went to sleep.

-------------------------------------------

The hive drone at the counter of the Public Kitchen walked out to the main dining area and up to Kol. "Hello Kol. I forgot to mention that I'm working on something to help you feel more comfortable while you are here. It should be ready by tomorrow. There's one environment suit, kind of like the armor that Morgan wears, and then there is some clothing since you didn't come here with any. Is there any particular color you like? Anything else I should take into account?"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol had about finished when the drone came over. Getting up she looked over, "White is traditional for a [Pit Fighter]'s attire, though red is kind of my color... hmmm..."

She paused momentarily in her answer, gesturing to her stripes which have faded considerably, and appear to have run. apparently they were some kind of paint. She takes a looking around, noticing that a lot of the fabrics people wore was more than one color. That was new to her. Clothing was about utility, not style... but maybe...

"maybe a bit of both?" she asks, making another of her hard-to-read multi armed gestures, before pulling out the keycard and credit cards he had given her earlier. "I wanted to pick up some proper weapons too, is there an artificer nearby that's open? And how do I use these?"