Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

"Likewise!" She responded, shaking Ulrich's hand. "Yeah, there isn't much of a 'security chief' here, considering most of the ship's security is literally one person. Randy, Solomon and I are the closest thing there is." She waved back at Tatiana and congratulated Rika on finally joining the Champions. "How was your first day? Generally the first assignments can be pretty boring, but they get better."

Randy snorted. "Since when has the universe allowed anything to be boring around here?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol spends the next hour explaining Rhoui architecture and critiquing Hivemind's attempts.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not much to tell," Jenny half fibbed. "interminable shuttle trip followed by a brisk walk in an undead apocalypse. Seen worse days."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

"It was amazing! The shuttle ride was not too bad but I am pretty sure I made some friends. Got off and almost immediately we were sent to solve some issue that turned out to be much worse," Ulrich said with slightly childlike excitement, "It turned out that there was a necromancer who accidentally raised the dead in order to exact revenge on his murderer. In the end he raised a world eating serpent which we vanquished. Turns out the guy was not so bad, he had just had a bunch of things come crashing down on him so he just kind of headed out for revenge. I for one hope to see him on the streets after his reformation."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

As Kol explains the architecture to Hivemind, the room around them starts to shift and mold itself like clay. A spring surrounded by benches and pillars appeared in the center of the main room as the entire area curved into a rounded shape with bowed walls made of apparently hand-chiseled bedrock. The floor seemed to melt, yet remain solid as it shifted and settled into it's new appearance, that of crystal tiles that looked and felt exactly like the cultivated crystals of Kol's homeworld. Hivemind had to pull off some odd tricks with the programmable matter on a subatomic scale to pull that off. Three doorways opened up to new rooms with fur curtains acting as doors. The new rooms consisted of one to the right where he put the bedroom, one to the left where he placed a more modern washroom that still kept the aesthetic of the other areas, and finally according to her specifications he placed the last room straight across from the entrance. The final room was designed for food storage, though he felt she would have little need for it due to the abundance of easily accessible food on the ship. It was lined with glacial ice. The only thing that he couldn't mold like playdough was the entryway, which remained a standard door.

"I hope this is good. There are some... differences. Some things that are likely higher technology than you are used to, like electricity. I will explain how to use that later. Is this all satisfactory to you?"

--------------------------------

Morgan stood there with her mouth agape. "Aww come on! A zombie apocalypse happened and I missed it?" She turned to Randy and gave him a playful sock on the shoulder. "Why do you get all the fun assignments? And why wasn't I invited to the apocalypse?" She teased him, talking about the events of the day as if they sounded like a fun party that she didn't get to go to.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana couldn't help but be amused by Morgan's attitude towards the apocalypse the team went through earlier. Though that amusement faded as she remembered their encounter with Odium at the start, "Well. There was one other part.
Though that's best served apart from normal or meal side conversation."
She stretched her armored shell's joints lightly, "But all in all, the undead were quite hospitable. Not attacking civvies and such."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol doesn't speak at first, walking over to one of the curved walls next to the door, running her claws across a small section of it in an odd pattern, then again a second, by the third it becomes apparent what she's doing, by the fifth there's now two small carvings, one of what is clearly Kol standing before a strange interconnecting structure of rings and arches, the other, a serpent wound around a group of familiar figures. Thats why she talked about the walls 'telling a story' but wanted them blank. They're a mural, a history.

"Now it is, Thank you."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

After the battle, briefing, rewards and discussion, the avian and vulpine went to the break room for a temporary respite.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Yeah. We'll need to talk about that later. Now's not the right time." Randy said to Morgan.

"Oh, well now you've got me curious!" She pretended to be disappointed, then laughed. "All right, we'll talk about your day later. Right now, we should get to the food court."

"Don't you want to change first?"

"Nah, the armor is pretty comfortable and I'm hungry. Besides, I don't think I'm the only one who will get weird looks." she said, indicating the rather oddball mix of a team before her.

"All right then!" Randy said to everyone. "There's a food court inside this building conveniently. It's right down the hall. If you'll follow me." He led the group down the hall until they got to a wider, more open space that was the food court. Tables lined the interior of the room while a variety of restaurants catering to the many different cultures and species on the ship lined the outside. There were only a few people left, as the dinner rush had ended. A reptilian like alien and her child were trying out some 'exotic' (to them) ice cream flavors from earth. An odd horned alien sat at a nearby table, digging into a salad of vegetables from his native world. An elderly blind man in a kind of cloak sat on a bench nearby, holding onto a sort of handmade wooden cane, and a feline-like alien was having a pleasant conversation with an avian as they ate their meals.

"This is the Champion Headquarters public food court. You'll find pretty much anything you could want here. Most of the restaurants are privately owned, but if you aren't sure if what they have is edible for you specifically, and this is the one place where you can actually say it isn't without it being an insult, than you can find the public kitchen run by our very own Hivemind. He's not the best cook in the world, but he isn't the worst either. He'll make whatever you ask for within reason, and you get three basic meals free a day there. Just... don't expect a five star feast." Randy explained this to the group. "All right then. I guess we all just find what we want and I'll get us some seats, right?"

------------------

"Excellent. I'm glad you like it." Hivemind said to Kol. "The others are currently getting dinner in the food court downstairs. If you would like to join them, I would suggest you use the washroom to get yourself clean. I know you don't like to wash scents away, but you are coated in zombie brains and other forms of unknown goo that even my eyes can't fully identify. Some of this may be toxic if left to rot, and I know the iron content in those parts are not good for you to be around." He suggested. "When you are done I will show you the way to the food court if you want. I'll be right outside." With that, he walked out the door.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich nodded and made his way over to a restaurant he was eyeing on the way in. He stepped up to the counter and looked up at the menu trying to figure out what half of the foods even were. He made note of the portion sizes before ordering.
"Hmm. Can I get a large..." And so it began... About 15 minutes later the kitchen had finished preparing his food and had settled it onto a couple of trays. The total was actually slightly less than he had expected and he was pleasantly surprised, even though with the most recent paycheck, he probably wouldn't be hurting for money any time soon. He paid and thanked the cashier before sliding his trays into each hand and carrying them back over to the table, setting them down one in front of the other.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Not long after the group went to the food court, the pair decided to stop by the food court for their favorite Mexican food place.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika unintentionally followed Ulrich to the same restaurant, which was one she commonly went to, and ordered a simpler meal which only took around 5 minutes. She placed her tray beside Ulrich's. "This place's food is always good, never had anything over or under." She said, pointing to her tray. "They even do some on-the-go snacks, got me through some of the hardest days in my career.. Although I think theres many more to come." She added with a smile. "I do enjoy a challenge.."
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny selected herself a Salmon steak and buttered new potatoes before finding her seat next to the medic. "You'll do well," she offered, mostly meaning it, "you held yourself together today."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol scowls at Hivemind at first, still considering the local methods of cleaning overzealous. what was wrong with just letting something freeze and just brushing it out? It's not like you had to worry about things rotting unless it was the warm seas-

Right, it's unseasonably warm in parts of this place... That is just weird. She needs to stop forgetting that.

The bit about not accidentally poisoning herself though, does get her attention. Maybe do it their way just this once...

"Alright..."

Hivemind will find himself waiting in the hall for a while before she emerges.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

By the time they got to the table, Randy was already sitting at the table with his usual, a massive foot tall slab of raw beef on a bed of greens. Morgan sat next to him and smiled. She set down an almost-as-large bowl of fried rice. "So. Where are you all from?" she asked as they started eating, Randy drawing many confused glances.

------------------------

Hivemind waited as long as he needed to until Kol emerged. "Ready to get going?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I have never eaten here actually. There was not one close enough for me to go to it. I am glad I chose it though, because it seems like this is going to be a much more "new" experience than I thought. You must have good taste." He picked up a fork and moved some of the food around in order to get a better look at what he had ordered, "I am not even sure what some of this stuff is." He twirled some Noodles onto a fork and began eating them, starting with something familiar before he moved onto the more exotic items. Ulrich looked up at Morgan as she spoke, wiping his mouth with a napkin and replacing it on his lap, "Originally I am from Koblenz, but my family moved to Tromsø when I was eight or so. Lived there all my life, up until now at least."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"IOC command on Earth," Jenny said, sawing through her steak. "Before that it was Colony fourteen.". She put the piece of steak in her mouth and began chewing.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind waited as long as he needed to until Kol emerged. "Ready to get going?"
when Kol does emerge, she looks rather fluffy, and appears to have made a new shirt-vest-thing out of what used to be a housecoat. she mostly just tore the sleeves off, and added slits to the back for her arms. Probably her only option since she didn't arrive with luggage, and her old one currently has brains all down the front of it. Also, she has that 'angry housecat' expression again.

"I don't know who designed that 'shower' thing you stuck in the cleaning room, but I'm kind of wishing this place had an arena so I could challenge them. I HATE that thing."
she complains. Who in their right mind thinks getting doused in hot water is a good thing?!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana came to the table carrying a bucket of breaded chicken, "Mine's the same boring story. Oh, one sec." After taking a seat she gripped the bottom of the helmet and twisted, giving off a small cracking sound and her helmet's smile split into something of a mouth, it even moved with her modulated voice, "Ah. dang thing sticks too easily... Anyway. I just woke up in a lab on an asteroid just outside a backwater galaxy. Been a drifting merc ever since, well until today at least." She said, biting a chunk out of the breaded chicken before her.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"A unknown human about one thousand two hundred and thirty years ago. I'm afraid you'd be fighting against dust. Did you remember to turn the lever to the right to the blue side to get the cold water?" He responded.

-----------------------

Morgan stopped eating when Jenny said where she was from. "...Oh." she and Randy looked at each other. "The ship went to Colony fourteen once. About a year or so ago. We hoped to trade knowledge for knowledge, but then we found they had created and were experimenting on sentient species. We hit them pretty hard for that. Sanctions, embargoes, and we forced them to emancipate their experiments. Most of them live on the ship now I think."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"No! THATS what the color stripes mean?! Why does it even HAVE the other one?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

CyberDragon wrote:Morgan stopped eating when Jenny said where she was from. "...Oh." she and Randy looked at each other. "The ship went to Colony fourteen once. About a year or so ago. We hoped to trade knowledge for knowledge, but then we found they had created and were experimenting on sentient species. We hit them pretty hard for that. Sanctions, embargoes, and we forced them to emancipate their experiments. Most of them live on the ship now I think."
"I heard," Jenny agreed, still looking down to her plate. "I had my first belt of Scotch that night." She laughed slightly. "I'd escaped a number of years previous when an IOC agent had come to investigate a death the company who made me couldn't account for. I helped him survive, he helped me out. IOC got sanctions applied but could never prove it was more than one company. So we said we'd celebrate if anyone could expose the lot with a glass of Scotland's finest. Jura. It must have been good. I don't remember anything else from that night..." She got back to work on the steak. "Oh, I might have been too specific," she added, changing the subject, "when I said I wanted everything sent to my room?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"It has different temperatures because people who don't come from worlds completely covered in ice often can't deal with frigid water for very long, and find warmer water to be comforting. As for your shower..." He paused for a second. "...now it doesn't have the hot water option. Fixed that for you." He said as he led Kol to the elevator and pressed the down button. "You will find that you are something of a minority hear. Most people on the ship come from worlds that are much hotter than yours."

-------------------------

"We have more resources and fewer restrictions than the IOC. We have supers who specialize in gathering evidence. People who can see through walls, people with superhuman hearing, people who can hear and decipher radio transmissions, whatever you can think of. Then when we find out what people are doing and what needs to be done, we have walking WMDs like Morgan here who go planet-side and fix the problem." Morgan straightens up proudly. Then Randy continues. "What do you mean? Something get brought up that shouldn't have been?" He asked Jenny.

Morgan meanwhile tried to strike up conversation with Tatiana. "Oh, mysterious." she smiled. "How did you hear about us?" she asked.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich poked at a slightly squishy and rather unappetizing looking object which promptly opened itself up to reveal an even more unappetizing looking object at its center, "What," he said to himself. He stabbed at it with a fork and shoved it into his mouth, cringing slightly at the first unexpected crunch before he got used to it. It actually wasn't that bad, he'd have to order it again next time.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana halted her devouring of the breaded chicken as Morgan directed a question her way, "Ha. Took me awhile. Hearing aboutcha anyway. Granted when not knowing what a credit is for two years straight is considered normal..." She took another bite, finishing that piece of chicken, "First heard about you guys from a client back in that backwater system, not your average client for that place. He was a bit of a better sort than the other big wigs who hired me, actually conversed with instead of just ordered. Rambling aside he told me about you guys. While I was used to the back allies and the grime something just sorta drove me to you guys. Coulda tried and join two years ago, but there were some loose ends that needed chopping. When everything got sorted I came straight here." She picked up another piece and seemed to hesitate, after a moment a purple see through "tongue" extended from the now open smile of the armored shell and gave the strip a lick, "Never done that before, heh."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Morgan tilted her head. "Huh. So that's what you look like. I could get a general sense because you've got a lot of water in you compared to others, but It's cool to see what you look like with my eyes." She turned and asked the others. "What about the rest of you? How did you find out about the Champions and the Beacon?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Like I say, the IOC's known of the beacon and Champions for some time," Jenny remarked, dabbing a chunk of steak into some of the sauce. "Figured we could try inter-agency cooperation. Oh," she added, "my motorcycle was delivered to my living room."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich had finished one of his trays while the others were having there conversations and stacked the full one on top of the empty one. He leaned back in his chair, "My story is nowhere near that interesting.
I had my gauntlets built and tested. Showed them to some coworkers who told me I should try and join since I am obviously powerful enough to hold my own,"
He chuckled slightly as his own joke, "So I did and here I am."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Boring's for the win when it comes to origins, Ulrich. Trust me on that, eh, Tat?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika quietly ate her meal as the others conversed. Morgan's question didn't apply to her, she already knew the answer. It was Rika's dream, ever since she was little, to join the champions and help everyone she could. This same dream lead her into her medical career, which was a hard grind but she never regretted it. And most likely never will, for it taught her valuable lessons, gave her good friends and good times to boot..

Rika smiled for a moment, contemplating her new and interesting future.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Like I say, the IOC's known of the beacon and Champions for some time," Jenny remarked, dabbing a chunk of steak into some of the sauce. "Figured we could try inter-agency cooperation. Oh," she added, "my motorcycle was delivered to my living room."
Randy started choking on his beef and Morgan started giggling uncontrollably. Even the old blind man sitting nearby let out a wheezing laugh.

"Hivemind!" Randy barked, still coughing. "Jenny's bike doesn't do much good in her room!"

"Sorry! I'm on it!" The man standing behind the counter at the Public Kitchen responded. It was actually another droid, but being a civilian droid and not a security droid it was designed to look more human.

Once she had regained her composure, Morgan continued her questions. "So what kinds of talents or abilities do you guys have?" She actually had already read their files, she was just trying to be friendly and get people talking to each other while Randy had gone over to talk to the civilian droid about his apparent scatterbrained tendencies.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Mostly weapons proficiency with me," Jenny declared. "I can fire and recharge most of the common hand guns and rifles there are, even those with palm coders." She shrugged. "I keep everything else on the record. Sometimes that surprises people." She grinned as though she'd just told a joke. She looked around. "So how did you end up founding... all this?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:"It has different temperatures because people who don't come from worlds completely covered in ice often can't deal with frigid water for very long, and find warmer water to be comforting. As for your shower..." He paused for a second. "...now it doesn't have the hot water option. Fixed that for you." He said as he led Kol to the elevator and pressed the down button. "You will find that you are something of a minority hear. Most people on the ship come from worlds that are much hotter than yours."
"Right... Worlds... Thats, still taking some getting used to." Kol commented, as the elevator started moving, humming the annoying tune she had picked up from her teammate earlier, completely unaware of the irony of doing that in an actual elevator. "I know I need new clothes and proper weapons, but can we get some food first? I haven't eaten since before the ancient rings went crazy."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"My gauntlets create and maintain hard light. Shields, platforms, that kind of stuff. I haven't refined it into blades, but then again I have no training with blades either. Perhaps I can figure out a way to make them usable with a gun, providing an unlimited source of ammunition." He shrugged, "Not very special, but because the shields don't absorb all shock from being hit, they generally aren't handheld."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana nibbled on the chicken strip as she awaited her turn to explain her prowess to Morgan, "Mainly I use my sniper, had it custom made to more easily utilize me kinetic blasts which are an extension of my telekinesis. With my Telekinesis I can lift and move objects, send out the aforementioned kinetic blasts and even 'fly', though those last two require more training. Though my blasts can damage my Armored Shell and I've become rather sick of that over the years. And considering that collateral deduction thing as well kinda deters my stronger blasts as well. Don't wanna break buildings. Or me."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"All right. The rest of your team is getting food right now in the food court. It's different from what I suspect you are used to. I'll lead you there and see if I can fix anything. Anything in particular you'd like? I can try to replicate it." Hivemind said as the elevator stopped on the ground floor and they exited, him leading her toward the food court.

------------------------

"Well, that's kind of a long story, Jenny." She said. "A little under thirty years ago, when the Varanians invaded Earth is about where things started. Hivemind was the first to see the signs that the Earth was about to get hit, so he left and started pooling his resources from his mining and trading operations across the Milky Way into building this ship. Originally intended as a mass trading vessel, it was now going to be used in the defense of earth, so it needed to be bigger and stronger than anything before it. Since he literally is an army of capable robot workers, he was able to complete it pretty quickly. Though, not quite quickly enough. Before the ship could be completed, the predatory Varanians arrived." Morgan started to tell the story.

"They hit several cities at once all over the world. The ships were equipped with stealth capabilities, so very few people had the knowledge of how to spot them. Earth wasn't prepared. Luckily Earth is something of a hotspot for superpowers. I had been dating Randy for a while, and we already knew about each others abilities. When they hit Los Angeles, we were there to defend it. I used a hurricane to hit their transports and damage their drop pods, while he used the darkness my clouds provided to hunt down their ground troops to his heart's content. I didn't hear about other places until later, but apparently Justus almost single-handedly took out the invading fleet over the midwest, mainly in St. Louis, with some help from the man who would later be known as Gear. The Legionnaire, who was in New York at the time, caused enough trouble with the ground units that most of the fleet on the East Coast was focused on futile attempts to get rid of him. Of course, he's immortal, so that didn't really go as they had hoped. We managed to help hold them off until the completed Beacon showed up out of nowhere some hours later and smashed through their armada, cutting off reinforcements and chasing their smaller invasion ships away."

"We still didn't really know each other yet though. We lived miles apart. But our actions caught the attention of some MIB types who decided that having a bunch of people walking around who had our potential wasn't a good idea, and so they rounded the more powerful of us up and put us in some kind of holding facility. Randy was trying to protect me, so that's when he got captured. It took a small army of armored vehicles and a helicopter catching us off guard to actually defeat us. It was an off day..." She shifted, a little embarrassed. She waited for any questions or comments before continuing.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Meanwhile, in the medical bay, a tall silver fox-like humanoid stepped out of the quarantine zone. He consulted the doctors for a few minutes, listening to their instructions and making note of some of the information given, before heading out the door and immediately giving an exaggerated sigh. "Uuuuuuuuuuggggh, that took forever!! Kolt said, clearly not as bothered by it as his words would indicate. "I mean, how long does it take to determine you're not going to breed an army of body-hijacking brain slugs?!
A voice piped up in his head, its presence expected and long since accustomed to. I agree, it took them a disturbing amount of time to figure out I was not designed with any sort of reproductive system. You would think an organization with such advanced technology would have realized that sooner.
The Concertian (as his species referred to themselves) shook his head. "I don't know, maybe they've dealt with something like that before. Regardless, we're the ones who chose to join them, so we might as well make the most of it. Which reminds me, hey Hivemind!! He yelled, confident the technopath was listening. "You mind telling us where our new teammates are? Kinda think we should get to know them."
Last edited by Legotron123 on Tue May 28, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol describes something that doesn't fully translate as they walk. It seems to be some kind of dried fish and mushroom sauce concoction, but the details are tricky since it's the names of the ingredients that aren't converting to english. The translator keeps producing substitutions like [Mushroom?] [Cave Moss?] [Moist Fungus?]. Also she's phrasing it as things she'll need, as if she's expecting to be the one to make it.

Between the lack of actual cooking instructions, (she's described a few thing being diced and ground so far, but that's all) and her repeated earlier attempts to turn what had ended up being a kitchenette into nothing more than a walk-in freezer, another cultural difference seems to be apparent...
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Reva and Kona can be found eating some burritos and quesadillas at a bench nearby, watching people pass by while passing the time.
My Personas

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:Meanwhile, in the medical bay, a tall silver fox-like humanoid stepped out of the quarantine zone. He consulted the doctors for a few minutes, listening to their instructions and making note of some of the information given, before heading out the door and immediately giving an exaggerated sigh. "Uuuuuuuuuuggggh, that took forever!! Kolt said, clearly not as bothered by it as his words would indicate. "I mean, how long does it take to determine you're not going to breed an army of body-hijacking brain slugs?!
A voice piped up in his head, its presence expected and long since accustomed to. I agree, it took them a disturbing amount of time to figure out I wasn't designed with any sort of reproductive system. You'd think an organization with such advanced technology would've realized that sooner.
The Twolegged (as his species referred to themselves) shook his head. "I don't know, maybe they've dealt with something like that before. Regardless, we're the ones who chose to join them, so we might as well make the most of it. Which reminds me, hey Hivemind!! He yelled, confident the technopath was listening. "You mind telling us where our new teammates are? Kinda think we should get to know them."
A security droid showed up out of seemingly nowhere and walked up to the fox. "The others are currently in the food court at the Champion Headquarters. It's the big building down the street." He pointed to a large tower at the end of the street they were on. "I suggest you hurry up if you want to introduce yourselves before they finish."

---------------------------
Buster wrote:Kol describes something that doesn't fully translate as they walk. It seems to be some kind of dried fish and mushroom sauce concoction, but the details are tricky since it's the names of the ingredients that aren't converting to english. The translator keeps producing substitutions like [Mushroom?] [Cave Moss?] [Moist Fungus?]. Also she's phrasing it as things she'll need, as if she's expecting to be the one to make it.

Between the lack of actual cooking instructions, (she's described a few thing being diced and ground so far, but that's all) and her repeated earlier attempts to turn what had ended up being a kitchenette into nothing more than a walk-in freezer, another cultural difference seems to be apparent...
"I... see. I think..." he said as he led her into the food court. "See that man over there?" He pointed to his human-like body behind the counter of the Public Kitchen, which waved back at Kol. "That's another one of me. Go over there and I'll make something that you can eat. Then you can go over to the team. They're sitting over there." He pointed to the table the group was sitting at.

---------------------------

When nobody said anything, Morgan continued. "They caught Justus as well as the Legionnaire too. They locked us in specialized cells. They kept me dehydrated and made sure that my room was sealed and no water was allowed. Whenever they did give me water, they drugged me first so I wasn't conscious enough to manipulate it. One day though, I guess I just developed a resistance to it and I woke up too early. I coughed up the water and used it to smash my bindings. I fought my way out." She smiled. "I had six ounces of water. All they had was a half-dozen armed guards. You can see it wasn't very fair for them. Anyway, long story short we broke ourselves out. Solomon hired Luke, later known as Gear, to help retrieve them. Realizing that we could do a lot better as a group, and having formed a kind of bond while fighting to escape, we decided to found our own superhero group, based out of the ship that Solomon named the Beacon of Hope." She finished up. "That's how we founded all of this. I had to leave some stuff out though. Not very good dinner conversation."

Randy had returned, but he didn't really have anything to add, so he just continued wolfing down his food. (pun completely intended)
-Champion Motto