Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

69eist

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by 69eist »

Command, Bravo team in position. Initiate extraction protocol measures, or assistance to Alpha team?

The Avian like operative coated in black stated, conversing to Hive mind via supersonic frequencies. Right next to him is a Vulpine, eyes glowing green staring at him while standing next to him.
Last edited by 69eist on Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"You can speak normally, Ballad. We aren't that formal here." Hivemind responded on the same frequency. "I can confirm the civilians are safe at the moment. They are locked in the entry hall away from the Catacomb graves until the lockdown has ended, at which point I will open the portal door to the medical center. You and Palette should focus on assisting the Lycan and his recruits. They are currently in one of the main chambers and will soon head out to intercept the person behind all of this. I can open the door to a position relatively in their path when you are ready."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"But boss, if I'm going to be an operative, I should be speaking the part right? I mean it makes me look cool like I'm in one of those action groovies ." *Ballad covers his beak dramatically, glancing left and right from the corners of his eyes while posing rather enthusiatically.*

*Palette shakes his head slightly, paws on his sides as he watches his partner, already guessing what he's saying through the high frequencies.*

"Hehe, we're ready to proceed at your command. Just remember to mention us as allies beforehand. I can hear all sorts of faint noises coming from their general direction. *He waves his wing in an "alright, alright" manner at Palette.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hivemind put his head in his hand. "Movies, Ballad. They're called action movies." As exhausted as he was with all that has happened today, he could not help but be amused by the avian's antics. "All right. I'm opening the door. Follow the arrows on the floor and you will reach the main group. From there, The Lycan will give you instructions. There isn't any way for me to tell him directly that you are coming, so you need to announce yourselves. He should recognize you after yesterday's... events." With that, the door opened to the catacombs. The floor ahead of them lit up with green arrows pointing the two onward.
-Champion Motto

69eist

Post by 69eist »

"Riiiiight~ They're called movies. Not groovies." Ballad couldn't help but laugh, beak facing up while his wings are on his belly.

The pair quickly glanced at the door opening up, seeing the arrows on the floor as it leads towards the catacombs.

"Alright boss, we're moving out. I'll be sure to make a dramatic entrance. Ballad winks at Palette, giving him a thumbs up with an enthusiastic smile. Palette couldn't help but respond with an "okay, fine" look, paws raised halfway up and pointing outwards.

"Alright buddy, listen up. The others are down that hallway and the bossman can't announce who we are. So we gotta introduce ourselves." Ballad leans forward a little, firmly stating the points before ending his sentence in a pose.

Palette facepaws "Wait wait, don't tell me. You want me to make a dramatic background to unveil yourself to the group with all the flashy effects while you introduce yourself in your big wrestler announcing voice.

Ballad's face lights up "I was gonna go with Team Pocket's theme from Rockemon but that sounds muuuuch better!

Palette laughs, arms around his own waist. It's team Rocket from Pokemon, you dork. He says as he grows some sort of tree behind them.

Ballad rubs the back of his head, slightly blushing "R-r-right... I knew that..."

Palette playfully pushes him before standing next to the tree. "Lead the way, Rev- I mean Ballad."

Ballad grins before flying off. Palette then proceeds to jump on the tree, making it bend backward before if flings him forward into the hallway after Ballad due to elastic force.
Last edited by 69eist on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Personas

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny took the lead but made sure not to leave the Lycan behind as she hunted down the door.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol on the other hand was waiting for the only one who seemed to know where this door was, to actually lead them to it rather than keep talking about it.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

As the heroic pair make their way down the arrow lit road, Ballad decided to mimic elevator music just for giggles.
My Personas

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The Lycan moved on ahead and passed Jenny. "Follow me. The door is this way." He led the group down the labyrinthine tunnels until they finally came across the doors to the restricted area. It seemed they were too late to intercept the necromancer. The doors were open. "That's not good. That's really not good." He started to step toward the door when he turned around. He had heard something. "Is that... elevator music?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"One of the few things that can make the situation worse," Jenny commented drily. "the tin version of 'seasons in the sun'. And it's coming from behind us. It's probably not a threat but I might shoot it anyway." She stepped into the restricted area.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol is humming along with the tune as she follows the others, staff at the ready and just behind Jenny.

apparently she can humm chords... though in her case it's less 'bargain-basement mono speaker'-ish.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Somehow, Hivemind does not appear to me as the kind of person to listen to or even have elevator music. Something tells me that it isn't coming from any speakers. Mostly because it's omni-directional and not being played by closer ones." Ulrich looked towards where the elevator music was coming from, "But something also tells me that whatever is making that noise is not our enemy. Maybe it is because elevator music can't sound aggressive."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana followed behind the others, becoming slightly annoyed by the elevator jingle when Ulrich spoke about it not being agresive, "Horror movies would like to disagree. All about atmosphere. But, ally or not, elevator music is not appropriate for a zombie apocalypse." As they walked she checked her plasma canisters, taking this moment of seeming peace to quality check if anything was damaged in the previous scuffles, "Unless it's a tongue in cheek comedy."
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Hey Ballad, I can see people up ahead. Shouldn't we slow down or something? Palette looks up, a little concerned with the numbers he sees.

"Nonsense! We're heroes, we tackle danger head on with style~. Now cue the lights." Ballad speeds up, Palette following behind him while producing a white light, making Ballad's shadow extend into the room ahead of them. The sound of elevator music getting louder.
My Personas

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The Lycan was rubbing the bridge of his nose again. He sighed. "ugh... it's those two again." he said, recognizing the shadow and the theatrics. "Ballad! Palette! I know that's you. Come on out. And cut the lights before you give our position away to the dead." He called out to the newcomers.
-Champion Motto

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Ballad swoops into the room, circling around the ceiling before finding a place to land somewhere elevated in the room.

" Greetings, champions! " Ballad extends his wings out.

" It is I, Ballad the bold... pfft... pleased to make your acquaintance" *He extends his wings lower giving a courteous... curtsy. Palette however slowly peeks his head out of the door.

"And that's palette over there by the door." He points chalantly at his partner, making him hide slightly behind the side of the door awkwardly.
My Personas

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The Lycan, still rubbing the bridge of his nose, growls to himself. "Everyone, this is Reva and Kona. Reva is the avian, Kona is the vulpine. Code-named Ballad and Palette respectively. They joined around a month ago." He looked up. "As... eccentrically flamboyant as Ballad is, he and Kona are... valuable members of the team and will likely be of great help." He sounded somewhat pained to admit that last part.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"The Fluffy one looks like food. I think we hunt something like that back home." Kol states flatly, looking at Kona. "Didn't know there was a talking version."
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"Food?" Palette cautiously eyed the badger like creature, slowly moving around the room.

"We are pretty amazing actually" I can copy sounds and voices like Lycans over there *Ballad teasingly mimics his mannerisms and growl as well, reproducing his voice and speech pattern.

Ballad hops down in front of the group. "If you have a sound related problem, I'm your bird. Ballad points his opposable index feathers at the group, slightly winking while clicking his tongue.
My Personas

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana barely turned to look at the newcomers, "Well, considering someone already wants to eat them, I assume they are bait." She turned fully showing her ever present smile to the duo, "Avoid using voice recognition locks, got it."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny just looked at the pair. She didn't say a word as she figured the Lycan had to fill the newcomers in on the situation. She just kept an eye out for surprises, weapons ready to go.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I don't care if he looks like a plate of steaks. There is no hunting on this ship, and sentient beings are off limits period no matter where we are. If it becomes a problem, you will have me to deal with." He warned. He didn't think Kol had any intention of hunting Kona, but it never hurts to be safe. "Summary. Undead are attacking. A necromancer is behind it, and they went into the restricted graves. We need to get going and bring him in before he raises one of the bigger bodies we have buried there. There are more details, but they can wait for now. Come on everyone." He gestured onward and led the group into the restricted area.
-Champion Motto

69eist

Post by 69eist »

Gotcha chief. We gotta catch the pascal that's raising the dead back to life Ballad salutes in attention, tongue sticking out to the side.

D-d-did you just say big bodies? Looks in the direction of the next room before noticing the smile of the sentient liquid.
My Personas

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yes," she affirmed, he did." She regarded the mimic. "Impersonating a federal officer is a crime," she advised, keeping her guns in sight.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"Geez, I didn't mean anything by it. I was only pushing your arm." Ballad raises his wings in a "woah" position.

I think you mean- Palette raises a finger before getting interrupted.

Okay okay, I got all my lines all wrong. Yeesh. People are critiques. Ballad folds his wings, sulking a little bit.
My Personas

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

"I'm sure you didn't mean to offend, Ballad." Rika states, standing near the two. "But, like Lycan said, I'm also sure you'll be very useful on this mission." She adds with a smile, stepping past them and into the restricted zone with the others.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Why thank you kind lady. I happen to also have the capability of using sonar to detect things. He raised a feather, somewhat proudly stating as he walks into the restricted zone. Palette follows not to far behind him as well into the zone.
My Personas

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich claps at Reva's mimic of the Lycan, "That was great!" He chuckled at Jenny's warning before continuing, "Anyway,
welcome to our little group. I guess it'd be better to save introductions for later as it seems our job has gotten a little more intense. I agree with the idea of moving forward,"
He said following along behind the Lycan into the restricted area.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"At least someone got the joke," Jenny muttered, more to herself than anyone else.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol scowls at the no-hunting bit and grumbles something about fish, but otherwise doesn't argue.

while a few of the others do still seem to be moving, Kol growls at the ones that are still idle.

Can you tell she's impatient to get out of here?
Last edited by Buster on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The Lycan and the rest of the group continued on. They entered a massive open chamber about ten stories tall. Lining the way on each side were massive reinforced metal structures. Each one was easily thirty feet tall and over one hundred feet long. "Welcome to the hall of titans. Seems these coffins are still sealed, but where is..." He squinted. His eyes were adjusting to the dark. All the way down on the other end of the chamber was a colossal door one-hundred fifty feet tall and easily as wide. At the base of it was a man trying desperately to get in.

"Hey! Stop!" The Lycan called out as he charged ahead.

The man turned around. He looked afraid, enraged, and confused. "Why won't you just leave me alone?! You're ruining everything! He has to pay for what he did to me."

"Hold your fire everyone. Who are you talking about?"

"The man who murdered me! I saw him! I saw him and I..." He paused. "I ran. I... can still feel the knife he used. It's like it's digging into my chest all over again! Everything I love... He took it all away from me! I can never see my family again because of him! I want to kill him! I'm going to kill him like he killed me! Even if I have to tear the Necropolis apart to find him again!"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Wait... does that mean he counts as one of the dead ones?" Kol interrupts, genuinely confused, after the necromancer comments about having been dead. "because he doesn't look that squishy or rotted..."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana tilted her head, understanding of the traumatized necromancer's position, but at the same time not really caring due to his actions, "Well, didn't see that coming. And I assume capturing your killer wouldn't be enough for you, so instead of going to Hivemind or something you start a zombie apocalypse." She tightened her grip on her rifle, anticipating a fight to break out in mere moments, "Yup, great case for why this place needs good mental health." She had the urge to just shoot him, only in the legs or so, as she was paranoid that there was no reasoning with him.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I... I didn't mean to! I just... ran! I didn't know where I was going and I found myself in the catacombs. The bodies... they just started coming alive! All around me! They... whispered things. In my head. I couldn't think. I just knew they would do what I wanted, and what I wanted was my killer's head on a plate!" He sounded more confident and enraged on that last part.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich stepped forward slightly, lowering his guard,
"I for one do not think you are necessarily a bad person. Rightly angry, I am sure nobody would disagree with that. But you can't go desecrating others graves for your own revenge. I understand that at the beginning it may have been accidental, but it seems very much intentional now." He took another step towards the man, "I understand your anger, I do and I can promise with one hundred percent certainty that if you come with us we can find your killer. I refuse to say your vengeance is misplaced, but I am saying that you are going about it the wrong way. There are better ways of gaining revenge on someone than killing them."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"He's right," Jenny said, nodding towards Ulrich. "Revenge born of rage doesn't end well. Never has. It scars you where no-one will be able to help. Trust me when I say revenge granted in justice? Much better." She holstered her weapons. "Let your killer be dragged before the courts and exposed for the coward they are. You'll feel the relief as the entire system sees them and judges them. That pressure is off your shoulders now." She swept a hand to her left as she moved forward. "Don't let the dead here take from you what you have left. You're a good person, it seems - a good soul done wrong. But now you can stand aside, good sir, and let Justice work for you." She stopped, relatively close to the reanimated. "Please?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Personally," Ulrich began, adding to Jenny's point, "A quick death would be a luxury, would it not? Watching them spend the rest of their lives in a jail, possibly in solitary confinement where they will have no interaction with anyone again. That will provide them more torment than death. In fact, they will probably wish for deaths sweet release."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Oh, it won't be quick. You don't get it, do you? Do you know how long it took me to die? I lied there bleeding for TWO HOURS before things started to go numb. I didn't die until my wife and kids got home to see it. A wife and kids I can't see again because of HIM! AND FOR WHAT?! 20 DOLLARS IN CASH AND A CHEAP TV! HE KILLED ME OVER PETTY CHANGE!" He roared. Something big smashed apart somewhere behind the giant doors. The sounds of ungodly shrieking could be heard from the room beyond. "I don't want to hurt you, but if you insist on getting in my way..." He turned around and faced the doors. The shrieking grew louder. Suddenly, the colossal doors exploded outward.

A great serpent-like creature rushed out of it. It had a massive head and jaws that looked capable of swallowing any of the building-sized coffins around them in a single bite and never have a problem, and a body that was just as thick around. It's armored crest and pointed jaw looked like they could smash through bedrock, and it had colossal clawed hands and legs placed along the body hundreds of feet apart. The entire thing looked almost fully fleshed and radiated with the corruption of hatred. It's relatively beady eyes glowed with a sinister light as it crawled along the walls of the chamber, encircling it with it's seemingly unending body. It shrieked again before lowering it's head to the necromancer. It opened it's jaws and lifted the man up with it's teeth, placing him upon it's back. "Then I have no choice but to go through you. Now. Get. Out. Of. My. WAY!"

"Yep... it's going to be one of those days. Time to get to work people!" The Lycan called to his group.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol's opening attack is running past the snake and dragging her two left sets of claws along it's side as she goes, hoping it has trouble moving it's middle out of the way as quickly as it's head.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"So much for diplomacy and reason," Jenny huffed, quick drawing her guns again, "time for extreme violence. We close to anything we shouldn't shoot with armour piercing here, boss?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie