2017/07/26 - Mission Complete

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2017/07/26 - Mission Complete

Post by D-Rock »

[2017/07/26 - Mission Complete]
Title Text: I suppose I could give Res hulk pants for a costume but that would just be silly

At the very least, please tell me someone brought potions, made that mistake one too many times in Skyrim.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
CyberDragon

Re: 2017/07/26 - Mission Complete

Post by CyberDragon »

Poor Grape. :lol:

Peanut really tests her patience sometimes, doesn't he?
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

And now they're stuck. :lol:
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

Res is less buff than I had expected
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Now remember the golden rule that you already broke, never split !
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Rikunda

Post by Rikunda »

I get the idea Peanut didn't go in with his hat. He is able to choose his class now! SPOT ARRIVES!
Quote:
Mother Teresa wrote:Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I really hope Peanut is using his bag as his costume. That would make him Clark Kenting.

I also like how Grape can't keep her cool while Max is freaking his fur out at the camera/fans. X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It never quite goes how you plan,
especially when it involves your brother.
He’s always the first you’ll turn to
and the first you’ll want to smother.
Peanut can ruin a plan without knowing;
largely because you don’t tell ’im.
You came storming down the hole
and Peanut? Well he just fell in.
Rez and his hat are now the one;
he’s become a cat of hidden power.
He’s gaining confidence and faith...
Cometh the Cat, cometh the hour.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Carlitosfmc

Post by Carlitosfmc »

You're right, Max. It's awesome!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

SirRayBarker wrote:Res is less buff than I had expected
Well he's a weretiger, it makes sense he looks normal when he's not fighting.

ignore the fact that were means man and thus theoretically he should be in human form, because that's pedantic!
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Xane wrote:Apparently Peanut's costume was Peanut.
Or, he's not put his Bag on. Peanut clearly said he was taking the Class that WASN'T a Tank!
Rikunda wrote:I get the idea Peanut didn't go in with his hat. He is able to choose his class now! SPOT ARRIVES!
Spot Counts as A Tank Class, the Two Ninjas are basically DPS, and Res is Tank. You CAN'T have Two Tanks and Two DPS classes! A team fails, the moment there's over specialization, such as the infamous TF2 issue of 'Too Many Snipers/Spies', or Overwatch's 'Too Many Hanzos/Genjis'.

If there's Two Tankers and Two DPS Classes, and only One Medic between them, or even worst, NO MEDIC, you're going to FAIL!
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Now we get to watch Peanut's transformation sequence!
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Naro Rivers wrote:Now we get to watch Peanut's transformation sequence!
IN THE NAME OF THE MOON, I WILL PUNISH YOU.

Grape: wut...?
Peanut: actually it's a healing scepter
Max: nice shoes...
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Has anyone considered Peanut IS wearing a hat? Just like Res is.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

If Peanut hasn't already put the hat on, then I wonder what he would be like.
Would he have some sort of magic ability that heals? Maybe he is sort of mixed and can both heal and attack.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

John-056 wrote:
Or, he's not put his Bag on. Peanut clearly said he was taking the Class that WASN'T a Tank!
Rikunda wrote:I get the idea Peanut didn't go in with his hat. He is able to choose his class now! SPOT ARRIVES!
Spot Counts as A Tank Class, the Two Ninjas are basically DPS, and Res is Tank. You CAN'T have Two Tanks and Two DPS classes! A team fails, the moment there's over specialization, such as the infamous TF2 issue of 'Too Many Snipers/Spies', or Overwatch's 'Too Many Hanzos/Genjis'.

If there's Two Tankers and Two DPS Classes, and only One Medic between them, or even worst, NO MEDIC, you're going to FAIL!
They have an angel on their team.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

So, your hats fused with you giving the power written on it. :D You did a great choice, Res, it came in handy. ;) Yeah, sweet costumes! 8-) Eheheh, despite the many years of living with him, you forgot Peanut isn't so much astute, Grape... :P And then, looks like Peanut didn't really wear an hat. :| There's still Rufus outside the temple, right? Can he find some help now?
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

HellishK9 wrote:If Peanut hasn't already put the hat on, then I wonder what he would be like.
Would he have some sort of magic ability that heals? Maybe he is sort of mixed and can both heal and attack.
something something protecc something something attac
Argent

Post by Argent »

Peanut's entrance reminds me of this:

Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

I am thinking the same thing... TBH i expected him to fly down there as spot already... but then again, perhaps he did. After all spot is normally dressed as a average guy until he is needed. I am sort of expecting them to get into some otherwise inescapable situation at some point and just when it looks like its all over peanut starts yelling "THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR!!!" and it to show him in the spot outfit.
Image Image
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Peanut said he got pumped. What else could we have expected? :P
Maryalee

Post by Maryalee »

CyberDragon wrote:Poor Grape. :lol:

Peanut really tests her patience sometimes, doesn't he?
Peanut forces Grape's patience to compose complete doctoral theses with concordances, given only a 3 week deadline.
This is not the signature you were looking for. *click* Move along.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Almost the whole team is ready to take on the quest. All we need is for Peanut to reveal his class considering that he thinks they needed a healer of some kind it doesn't leave many to be considered. Paladin (I guess that would work as a healer class),White Mage maybe a class that is simply called Medic or Healer.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Whenever Peanut only pops up at the end panel of a strip, you KNOW its gonna be a funny moment.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Adoring Fan wrote:
I am thinking the same thing... TBH i expected him to fly down there as spot already... but then again, perhaps he did. After all spot is normally dressed as a average guy until he is needed. I am sort of expecting them to get into some otherwise inescapable situation at some point and just when it looks like its all over peanut starts yelling "THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR!!!" and it to show him in the spot outfit.
I am going to get SICK if it's Spot. It would basically say that Peanut is nothing more than a One Trick Pony. He CLEARLY said he'd take the CLASS that isn't PICKED! The only slot open, was the MEDIC CLASS. Peanut does NOT count Rufus in, since he never gave him a Bag!

Why does everyone want SPOT!?
Douglas Collier wrote:They have an angel on their team.
Peanut DOESN'T COUNT HIM! If he did, he wouldn't say, 'I'll take whatever [Res] DOESN'T PICK.'!

Res Took a Tank Type. Peanut's Option is Healer now, since he doesn't talk to Rufus as if he were a teammate. He treats him like an Observer, not a Player, since Peanut doesn't count him as a Player. He wouldn't Look so offended at Grape and Max picking Ninjas if Rufus was a player, since it would mean Rufus can go as a Medic or Tank!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Some people really like Spot. That's all that's going on here. People like Spot enough to get excited about the possibility of another appearance no matter how unlikely. It's Peanut's fantasy, and people like seeing their favorite characters live out their fantasies. In this particular instance, it doesn't seem quite so probable, but people like to dream.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Obbl wrote:Some people really like Spot. That's all that's going on here. People like Spot enough to get excited about the possibility of another appearance no matter how unlikely. It's Peanut's fantasy, and people like seeing their favorite characters live out their fantasies. In this particular instance, it doesn't seem quite so probable, but people like to dream.
Well, the reason it annoys me is because it makes Peanut seem like a One-Trick Pony, something that spells doom for many a writer/artist. I'd like to see what ELSE his Imagination can make, and Not just another Superman Expy like what the world keeps doing.
Argent

Post by Argent »

John-056 wrote:Peanut DOESN'T COUNT HIM!
But he counts himself:

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Giving him hulk pants would have been hilarious, honestly.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Argent wrote:
John-056 wrote:Peanut DOESN'T COUNT HIM!
But he counts himself:

That's Grape who said it. Still, Once Maxwell joined up, the Wolves didn't complain. Also, remember what I mentioned Earilier about the Teams being in Fours? Poncho said the Roster: "Only Has Seven Names on it."

That Means the Teams Became FOUR EACH when Maxwell Joined. Rufus isn't actually counted once Max Joined for some reason, since he's not actually given Bags (Peanut only had four), they rarely speak to him, and only seems to appear when there's only two or Three Party members a Frame.

I think he's just there for Filling the Spot should one not be around.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, Spot pretty much has whatever power is convenient, so it's not unlikely for him to have healing capabilities. :roll:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

John-056 wrote:Also, remember what I mentioned Earilier about the Teams being in Fours? Poncho said the Roster: "Only Has Seven Names on it."

That Means the Teams Became FOUR EACH when Maxwell Joined. Rufus isn't actually counted once Max Joined for some reason, since he's not actually given Bags (Peanut only had four), they rarely speak to him, and only seems to appear when there's only two or Three Party members a Frame.

I think he's just there for Filling the Spot should one not be around.
Um... you might also recall that we established that at no time have teams been designated specifically to be groups of four. The reason Grape said it was unfair was simply because the teams were uneven.
But in that comic, you'll note that Grape says there's only three on her team, at which point Rufus tells her to make sure she counted herself. This indicates that Grape's count of three was incorrect and specifically one too few. Hence, Rufus's line does indicate that he is considering himself part of their team. Now that Max has joined, they have a team of five.
We, of course, still have no clue what role Rufus will play if anything other than guidance, but it still helps to keep the facts straight
John-056

Post by John-056 »

D-Rock wrote:Well, Spot pretty much has whatever power is convenient, so it's not unlikely for him to have healing capabilities. :roll:
Well, it makes it Seem Like Peanut's a One Trick Pony. And THAT is something an Artist SHOULDN'T Be. Don't get me wrong, it's fine if you're a furry Artist or an Artist who creates Heroes, but all of Peanut's 'Heroes' are pretty much DC/Marvel Heroes turned into animals... And with their SuperJerkiness cranked up. (I am NOT using the OTHER Term, since it's not PG)

I mean, have we seen Green Arrow? Or a Hawkeye Expy? Hek, have we seen any Heroes with new powers? No. Spot's ALWAYS in the 'Spot'light and I've not seen Peanut be Original. I mean, I've not seen a Cyborg on Peanut's Hero Roster, or any Ninjas there. If Spot is somehow able to pull Cleric powers out of his Tail, then he's become TOO OP'd to even be a Good Hero! I mean, he's already got Magic thanks to being Superman Fused with Captain Marvel, and I'm referring to the Shazam Version! That means he lacks the Vulnerability to Magic, something that Superman's ALWAYS had!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

:|
Are you angry at Peanut for not creating a wide array of hero characters as opposed to focusing his attention on the many adventures of one character?
Are you angry at Rick for not having Peanut create a more diverse cast of heroes to focus on?
Are you angry at the fans for not caring that Peanut likes Spot so much that he doesn't seem to feel the need to give other heroes the spotlight?

(Of note there actually have been several hero characters that have appeared at one point or another in Peanut's comics, though you are correct in that they have significantly less screen time even adjusting for how recently they were added)
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Obbl wrote::|
Are you angry at Peanut for not creating a wide array of hero characters as opposed to focusing his attention on the many adventures of one character?
Are you angry at Rick for not having Peanut create a more diverse cast of heroes to focus on?
Are you angry at the fans for not caring that Peanut likes Spot so much that he doesn't seem to feel the need to give other heroes the spotlight?

(Of note there actually have been several hero characters that have appeared at one point or another in Peanut's comics, though you are correct in that they have significantly less screen time even adjusting for how recently they were added)
I'm just saying I want more than Spot. I mean, Spot's got so many pages dedicated to him that It's lost it's grip... And let's not get started on how even GRAPE got worried when she saw that bit with Spot's Christmas, if that sideways glance at Peanut meant anything. And even with the 'Pridelands' Issue, she outright said Spot was OP'd.

So No, I'm not angry at anyone... But I am getting irritated at seeing Nothing But Spot, Spot and More Spot... Not to mention that if you look back, some of the lines Imply that Spot's immune to magic, since he was stated to have 'The Body of Atlas', which is Captain (Shazam!) Marvel's Gig, which means that Spot (Superdog's) sole weakness is a grey, hard to find rock that only robbers, and Rich Bums, could obtain.

That's why I don't want to see Spot (Superdog) here. Because that would mean Peanut's going back on what he said, since he said that he'd go as what Res doesn't pick. Spot (Superdog) would count as Tank, not a Healer. And Prof Spot is the same thing, since his strength doesn't go away when he's in civies. He's basically Superman that also has Captain (Shazam!) Marvel's Powers and passives on top of his own, making him Immune to Magic, and doesn't have the weakness of losing his powers as a Civie unlike Captain (Shazam!) Marvel.

(And for those wondering, the reason I put down (Shazam!) in between Captain Marvel, is to tell you which one he is, since Marvel Comics has their own Captain Marvel(s) and I want to avoid confusion.)
Argent

Post by Argent »

John-056 wrote:Well, the reason it annoys me is because it makes Peanut seem like a One-Trick Pony, something that spells doom for many a writer/artist. I'd like to see what ELSE his Imagination can make, and Not just another Superman Expy like what the world keeps doing.
Well he probably has Prideland sketches but he isn't showing them to anyone. :)
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Argent wrote:
John-056 wrote:Well, the reason it annoys me is because it makes Peanut seem like a One-Trick Pony, something that spells doom for many a writer/artist. I'd like to see what ELSE his Imagination can make, and Not just another Superman Expy like what the world keeps doing.
Well he probably has Prideland sketches but he isn't showing them to anyone. :)
Well, most of them likely involve Sabo... I mean, Peanut seems to try and detach from reality, though when he's depressed... Well, it kinda makes his... Mind malfunction.

I found that rather depressing.

Still, I wonder... Was Peanut smarter and slightly more mature than he is now? I mean, some of the past times, he's shown some degree of maturity, but now can't seem to think for himself at the worst of times, such as not realizing that Spirit Dragon wasn't Tarot, when she'd already told him IN PERSON that Tarot's her Avatar in another strip where she was fighting a FROST GIANT. I keep having this odd feeling that maybe Spirit Dragon accidentally Poisoned his mind with her Energy when she first used (Read, Abused) her magic, and it slowly degraded his mind.
Last edited by John-056 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
House42

Post by House42 »

Douglas Collier wrote:
John-056 wrote:

They have an angel on their team.
Something... something... err, I need healing(?)