General Comic Discussion

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Not A Furry

General Comic Discussion

Post by Not A Furry »

'Cause Bandit said it was a good idea
Basically discuss everything comic-related that doesn't fit in any thread, so that people don't have to bump an old thread from 5 years ago or make a new one.

I'll start: What do you think is the cause for Max's ear to be missing a chunk?
CanzetYote

Re: General Comic Discussion

Post by CanzetYote »

Not A Furry wrote:'Cause Bandit said it was a good idea
Basically discuss everything comic-related that doesn't fit in any thread, so that people don't have to bump an old thread from 5 years ago or make a new one.

I'll start: What do you think is the cause for Max's ear to be missing a chunk?
Probably got in a fight with some dog that ended rather badly for him, I guess. His mouth can give him trouble.
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

I've got one... But its just a Theory.... a CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!! :shock:

Have you noticed that everyone in the houspets universe, male or female has the same hairstyle!? Even in the heavens anyone with hair (or fethers) has the exact same hairstyle of 3 pieces swept forward only the length varies. What sort of organization has such influence that it bends the very heavens to follow a strict hair care policy!?

The only being truly immune seems to be Cerberus. Or those who are bald like dragon.
Image Image
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Adoring Fan wrote:What sort of organization has such influence that it bends the very heavens to follow a strict hair care policy!?
an artist who's not that great at hair? rick overuses reappearing styles in other things too you know.

I do the same thing. i can only actually draw about four hairstyles well, so i tend to stick to em. probably the same here.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Buster wrote:
Adoring Fan wrote:What sort of organization has such influence that it bends the very heavens to follow a strict hair care policy!?
an artist who's not that great at hair? rick overuses reappearing styles in other things too you know.

I do the same thing. i can only actually draw about four hairstyles well, so i tend to stick to em. probably the same here.
Plus, these animals have fur, not hair, so it makes sense for it to be relatively similar between species and races
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Actually, some of the wolves and Lester have 4 pieces of headfur swept forward. Also Tiger. And Marvin has 5.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Not A Furry wrote:
Buster wrote:

Plus, these animals have fur, not hair, so it makes sense for it to be relatively similar between species and races
technically fur is a type of hair, and the distinction boils down to yet another false separation between humanity and the rest of mammal kind. Fur can be styled if it grows long enough.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Buster wrote: technically fur is a type of hair, and the distinction boils down to yet another false separation between humanity and the rest of mammal kind. Fur can be styled if it grows long enough.
But it won't grow indefinitely like human hair, is my point.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... o-romance/

Am I the only one who has a gut feeling that Bino will become a "Jerk Woobie" character if Duchess breaks up with him? According to her philosophy, dogs don't have boyfriends/girlfriends. I have a feeling that at some point, Duchess will get tired of Bino and toss him out on the street, breaking his heart. I know Bino is a jerk and all but Duchess strikes me as one of the most heartless characters in the whole comic. Maybe its kinda the sadist part of me, but I kinda want to see Bino in a heartbroken and vulnerable state just to give the viewer some sense of sympathy for him, even if he is a smug and scheming jerk.

Speaking of sympathetic jerk characters, I really want to see and arc where Mungo becomes a therapy dog buddy for Tiger. Considering that Tiger is a bullying victim with psychological problems, I think Mungo would be a great character for him to interact with and possibly make friends with. Tiger barely interacts with other dogs because of the way most dogs treated him so it would be nice for him to bond with a nonjudgemental canine. I know Tiger's main purpose is a secondary comic relief character but I'd love to see him in a much more sympathetic light where his bully victim history gets addressed. I could picture a rather emotional comic where Tiger breaks down in tears, explaining to Mungo about how much it hurts to be an outcast and Mungo just hugs him and lets him cry into his chest. God, that would be so adorable. I really, really want that to happen somewhere down the line. That could be one heck of a feels-inducing arc.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

This entire forum is for discussing the comic, so limiting new topics to one thread seems fairly counter-intuitive. Users may reply to old threads or start new ones as they like.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other