SRP: STEELHAVEN - OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Legotron123

Re: SRP: STEELHAVEN - OOC

Post by Legotron123 »

I'm pretty sure it's me. Things are rather busy on my end, since my mom is insisting that we have a big party to celebrate my graduation. I should post by or on Memorial Day (or for those of you who don't live in America, Monday).
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

*Pulls a party popper for Lego.* Nice one.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Congrats, Graduate! :D

*escalates things by firing off a firework*
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Congratulations on the graduation!
*Cannot legally buy fireworks in state of residence*
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

i'm waiting for cookies :D
also yay graduation , gratz lego :D
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Congrats, Lego!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Seth is about to move in our direction. Then again, if anyone was to do a good 'Star Trek' spoof, it'll be MacFarlane... Some jokes seem puerile but others seem gold. THE ORVILLE
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Who's Seth again? I only really read the last few pages before joining.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

CyberDragon wrote:Who's Seth again? I only really read the last few pages before joining.
Seth MacFarlane. Creator of Family Guy, American Dad and world class Star Trek geek.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Oh. Well now I feel silly. I thought you were talking about someone in Steelhaven.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

CyberDragon wrote:Oh. Well now I feel silly. I thought you were talking about someone in Steelhaven.
I think there was an RP'er called Seth some time back.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Wow. That might have been the heaviest thing I've written in the RP section. Jeeze. I kind of feel bad for MT now.
-Champion Motto

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Sorry for going silent, work is picking up (I am doing 58 hours this week of work) I will post soon. sorry
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

O_o

I think you have a good excuse for not posting!

Edit: Say hello to MT-694 (WIP)

-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Anyone want to see what happens if you mash together (marginally friendlier) expies of Locutus(TNG), Kahn Singh(TOS), Sharkface(RVB), and a Ferret?

- - - - -

Name: Epsilon
Rank & Division: Not Currently Assigned/TBA
Color: #cc66cc
Type: Main
Species/Breed: Geneticaly engineered, cyberneticaly modified ferret
Age: unclear due to memory loss from 'freezer burn' and corrupted computer records. definitely an adult.
Neighbourhood: STEELHAVEN

Appearance: Epsilon has white fur on her head and chest with cinnamon brown fur elswhere broken up by black accents on her limbs neck and tail. she also has visible sections of circuitry and sub-dermal plating on her neck, biceps, quadriceps, and lower abdomen, and a plate a centimetre behind her right eye on the side of her face, that covers a neural interface socket when it's not in use. a deep tissue scan would show she's about 60% machine, with another 35% of her body being engineered tissues of unknown, likely illegal origin. In fact it looks like most if not all of her augmentations may have been illegal at the time they were installed (though being a century out of date, i can't say if they are now) as the implantation sites show a degree of sub-surface scarring a proper doctor would never have allowed to happen. Her eyes look odd, the sclera are black, and very clearly polymer rather than flesh, with brass plated mechanical irises.

Personality: Abrasive by nature. Partially due to being seemingly devoid of empathy, and partially due to being annoyingly smug about her augmentations making her 'inherently superior' (that last one will fade with time, given they're doing little more than making up for damage these days), Epsilon is lacking in social skills. She has memory problems due to 'freezer burn' after spending far longer in cryo sleep than her tube was designed for (a portion of her brain was damaged due to prolonged exposure. Similar irreparable damage was also done to her muscles. that machine was made to run for two to three years at most, for transporting those in need of medical treatment, not continuously for 50+ years as an improvised life pod), which often translate to being forgetful and easily disoriented. her reduced capabilities compared to how she remembers being are a source of constant frustration, and leads to her being on edge more often than not.

Last known location: inside an emergency Cryo suspension tube, aboard the wreckage of the PTV Tartarus (Prisoner Transport Vessel, if your wondering) which according to the historical record was destroyed following a prisoner riot 72 years ago, and is currently drifting through the Steelhaven's path, about 16 hours ahead of it, broadcasting an SOS on what's left of it's comm system. (the 16 hours bit is to ensure there's enough time for current events to play out most if not all of the way before the wreck is encountered)

Other notes: Should the ships records be recovered, what's left of them will show that epssilon had actually completed her sentence at the penal colony and was being transported back to a civilized world for release. it is unclear whether she was involved in the riot and break out attempt that led to the ship's destruction, though it seems unlikely, as she would have had everything to loose and little to gain.

There were 19 other survivors in pods as well, however, over time some of said pods have failed, while the occupants of others have died in their sleep due to 'freezer burn' damaging their nervous system and/or organs after excessive exposure. Some pods may have recoverable occupants if you want but I won't be controlling them.

her records do exist elsewhere, but due to being presumed dead for decades, will take quite some digging to locate. If found it will show she was imprisoned for 55 years (apparently some of her alterations slow her aging) for helping plan and carry out a coup attempt, against the government of her home colony world, killing 19 beings in the process. Things get a bit complicated though when one goes a bit deeper, as the Tartarus, and the facility it served were a military prison, and the people Epsilon killed all soldiers of a tyrannical and corrupt colonial governor's puppet government.

Depending on the source, period records refer to the group either as "The Liberation", heroes and martyrs who supposedly wanted to end a broken system and rejoin the republic, or Traitorous Seditions who wanted to bring the benevolent government down and sieze power for themselves. Unfortunately both sources are heavily biased due to the time period, and may be unreliable.

Additionally the destruction of the Tartarus itself is suspicious, as the majority of prisoners were Liberation survivors at or near the ends of their sentences, and all but four of the crew assigned that day were known sympathizers. Parties unlikely to fight each other, but both a threat to the government at the time, who had expected them to die in prison and would have it's power directly undermined if they started a push towards rejoining the republic again.

Given the colony in question had a civil war 40 years ago, and DID achieve reunification after the old government ended, further records from the period are hard to come by.

in combat she would show a noticeable preference for taking precision shots from a safe distance, something her augmented vision and hand eye coordination are well suited to. while she is capable of close quarters combat, her skills there have slipped somewhat due to a combination of reduced muscle function and loss of confidence following her prolonged suspension.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats:
- Strength: 10
- Perception: 10
- Endurance: 5 (Was 7 before muscular damage due to cold sleep)
- Charisma: 2
- Intelligence: 5 (Was 8 before brain damage due to cold sleep)
- Agility: 5 (Was 7 before muscular damage due to cold sleep)
- Luck: 5
- Repairing: 5 (Was 8 before nerve damage due to cold sleep)
- Combat: 7 (Was 9 before loss of endurance and agility)
Last edited by Buster on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The problem I see is that as soon as they realize the ship was a prisoner transport (Which MT would probably figure out quickly if he was part of the group searching the vessel seeing as he could probably "talk" to the ship as robots do) Corp would probably have the survivors detained until they got to earth, at which point Epsilon would probably be handed off to the authorities.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Thats kinda why I put in the 'due for release when everything went down' bit. Kinda hoping they'd be more likely to be lenient with someone in that position.

also, she's not meant to be an enemy, just has a freudian excuse for god-awful social skills.

My other idea was having her being a guard, (stats and capabilities would be the same, but would be natural rather than having augments and debuffs that cancel each other out) but it didn't leave as much room for having fun with her appearance or personality.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Oh. I missed that part. Still, It's Corp and the Captain she'd have to convince that she isn't a threat.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp IS likely to argue that sentence served means exactly that and there has been nothing new. He would research why she was in that prison ship, though. That would influence his decisions.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

one moment please... expanding the spoilery section...
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

The only problem I have is that it's called (depending on who you ask) either the Federation or the Republic, not the union. Other than that, I really like your character. We'll be seeing her around 1AM the next day, if I can remember the current IG time correctly.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Trouble is 24hrs in game is several months IRL. We might want to pick up the signal earlier than usual. As the ship is taking the express route to Earth and had to be cleared, perhaps the ship isn't using normal routes?
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

fixed the terminology error, and as for the timing thing, as i wrote, it's there to give enough time that i'm not interrupting. you can adjust it if you need to.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I remember MT's intro. I didn't really check if I was interrupting things beforehand. I just kind of entered and wrecked things. Literally. :lol:

In hindsight, I probably should have made sure I wasn't interrupting anything, but Lego gave the go ahead, so...
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

huh... i just realized that Epsilon might be able to arm-wrestle MT and win due to equal strength and greater endurance...
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I don't know. I kind of made MT's stats to be relative to his size and character type, meaning he's got a strength stat of 10 for a 9 foot tall mech. He reported during his tests with Chris, Corp, and the Captain that he used to be able to lift a full-sized tank into the air. His low endurance is more a reference to his brittle armor and how his battery drains quickly in intense combat.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The size of something often works more against it's strength than in favor if it, (square/cube law applies) and she's mostly machine, so not nearly as squishy as an ordinary meatbag.

Besides it would still be funny to see.

Hmmph. Whatever. I'm better with a rifle than this pointless nonsense anyway.

Unless she decides to be a complete spoilsport...
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Square cube law actually inhibits his agility, not his strength. when you double the dimensions of an creature or machine, the strength is increased by a factor of 2^2, but the weight is increased by a factor of 2^3. Thus you would get four times the strength moving 8 times the mass. That means he can't move himself very fast, but he would still have 4 times the strength of something half his dimensions.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

no, the limb's tensile strength, ie; it's durability, increases by 2^2. the limbs strength is created by the torque of motors pneumatics and hydraulics that have to compensate for it's weight, resulting in either diminishing returns or bulky joints because said motors need to scale up faster than the things they're moving.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

All right, so his size isn't helping. However all of this math and comparison doesn't matter as much as his accomplishments because these are things that can be compensated for with more powerful motors that consume more energy, hence his lack of endurance. He is still able to lift at least 70 tons, so the bulky size of his arms doesn't seem to be enough to hinder the motor mechanics in said arm enough to weaken his strength.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

'Kay!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It's like an argument between Joey and Dallas...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Bah. Like you've never had a geeky conversation. :lol:
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

:P
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

question : since my character is kind of heading toward Earth anyway, and she's gonna have to salvage some ships to maintain her own, maybe me and buster can start on our own by having my character arrive at the ship first ?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Works for me.

Also:
this should make exterior descriptions easier.
this should make exterior descriptions easier.
Tartarus.png (193.03 KiB) Viewed 19590 times
I love the shipyard mode built into GalCivII.
the main section is the 'holding area' with the bridge and crew areas (upper thing) drive pod (rear attachment) and docking module (underneath) isolated by blast doors. Cryo and medical are in the front part of the holding area that juts out like a beak.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Uh hello? GM verdict on Serence Frostbite's idea?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

i think it's a good idea. It's not up to me though. It's up to Lego and/or Welsh.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It's up to Lego. I can but advise.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

should we poke him about it then ?