HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: HPU: Blue Peak Shore

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"then I guess we should finish our breakfast and go find your mom," Levi said before he went to finish his plate.
"You don't need to," Alyse said, approaching the table. "Can't keep a mum away from her pup and from her breakfast." She was holding a dish filled with waffles. She nodded to the wolves. "I guess you made friends?"
"'Mentors' would be a better word," the female said. "He agrees to live with us and learn the otherworldy ways to complete his formation.
"Though he needs to shape up," one of the males snickered.
Alyse looked at Levi. "Honey, did you *tell* them you do parkour?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:"You don't need to," Alyse said, approaching the table. "Can't keep a mum away from her pup and from her breakfast." She was holding a dish filled with waffles. She nodded to the wolves. "I guess you made friends?"
"'Mentors' would be a better word," the female said. "He agrees to live with us and learn the otherworldy ways to complete his formation.
"Though he needs to shape up," one of the males snickered.
Alyse looked at Levi. "Honey, did you *tell* them you do parkour?"
"well, I mentioned the speed and agility, I just didn't say what it was for," Levi replied. "wanted to surprise them with my fitness."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"well, I mentioned the speed and agility, I just didn't say what it was for," Levi replied. "wanted to surprise them with my fitness."
The other male looked suspiciously at the black cat. "Parkùr? What's that?"
Alyse answered, "Well..." She pointed at the other exit of the table-littered hall. "I guess you could easily outrun many of the present company from here to there, right?"
"Right, so?" male #1 asked
"Levi can do better than you."
"A city pet?!" the female was incredolous. She barked a laugh. "it will take more than your word to convince us, *dog*!"
Alyse's expression went smug. "You're on, feral." And then she looked at Levi. Reginald's eyes were glittering with anticipation
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Khun shrugged.

"I guess I've only got mine a little while," he said, scratching Monique's neck. She giggled.

"All ready ready to be rid of me eh?" She said smirking.

"No, just thinking of your duty, that's all," He said smiling.

"I know, mister prudent," she said, sticking her tongue out at him, "I'm not Nihm, but..." She didn't finish cause Khun hugged her with a hand.

"I know," he said, "Just being prudent." Monique rolled her eyes.

"Still, we were heading off somewhere right?" She said, standing up. Khun nodded, getting up as well.

"Well yes I suppose," Khun said, holding a paw out to Flint.

"Ready?" He said.

"And with this, I can probably kill two birds with one stone, heh," she said.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Savant was busy finishing off a full English Breakfast, sipping a coffee. On one wall he was looking at was a football game. On the other, he had, somehow tapped into security cameras to have a good view of his wive, whom, he had just looked at, and sighed. He then heard the fox, and turned his head, sitting on the bed. He looked the fox over curiously, having heard his request. He tilted his head, his hat on the bed side. He shrugged.

"Meh, I upset local authority, it's no biggie," Savant said, "But thank you. Shaman eh? So I guess there's real power behind that stick then."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luke sighed.

Well, here goes, help me Hubert. Luke thought quickly.

"Ah, there they are," Sanni said, holding up a hand, stopping the procession as the new family came forward. Sanni went in for hugs, skipping Amber and Luke, and hugging, Raijda first. Amber and Luke sighed in relief.

"My dearest new daughter-in-law, welcome, to the Mantauq family," she said, giving her as big a hug she could manage, "My daughter I adjure you, Luke's tears have already filled the lamp by the altar. Your dark arts, the ones that cause death and sacrifice, will only bring pain and suffering to your lineage and family. We know you are the last, but will you record what you can and then learn the magic of light instead for the sake of the family?" She looked at Raijda with sincerity.

Amber and Luke looked at each other. One thought went through their minds.

How much of their magic things worked back home last night? They wondered.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Luke sighed.
Well, here goes, help me Hubert. Luke thought quickly.
"Ah, there they are," Sanni said, holding up a hand, stopping the procession as the new family came forward. Sanni went in for hugs, skipping Amber and Luke, and hugging, Raijda first. Amber and Luke sighed in relief.
"My dearest new daughter-in-law, welcome, to the Mantauq family," she said, giving her as big a hug she could manage, "My daughter I adjure you, Luke's tears have already filled the lamp by the altar. Your dark arts, the ones that cause death and sacrifice, will only bring pain and suffering to your lineage and family. We know you are the last, but will you record what you can and then learn the magic of light instead for the sake of the family?" She looked at Raijda with sincerity.
Amber and Luke looked at each other. One thought went through their minds.
How much of their magic things worked back home last night? They wondered.
Rajida blinked. "Revered mother, I do not deal in the dark arts. I have a basic training in certain magic that allows me to act stealthily on my missions, but that is all."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"And then there were four." Reaching up Flint caught Khun's hand and pulled himself up. "The shaman was what Khun suggested, but I think my Martian had other ideas? Either way we need to find ourselves some titanboas if we're gonna get to that underwater city."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:"And then there were four." Reaching up Flint caught Khun's hand and pulled himself up. "The shaman was what Khun suggested, but I think my Martian had other ideas? Either way we need to find ourselves some titanboas if we're gonna get to that underwater city."
"Told ya, don't need to involve them," the tiny woman said. "My brothers and I already scanned this place. I know a shortcut to the undersea city. Follow me!" she said, before darting left and into the thick forest!
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"disapointing authorities doesnt have you put in a cage like this even with the amenities. A cage is still a Cage." Kritaros said ears perking at the Cougars question before smiling, then shaking his head. "nope, its just a staff." The fox replied standing up and giving the staff a twirl. "So what occured for someone to be so high brought so low? your supposed to be seeing a new home and see the family as the others are." Kritaros said

Meanwhile Anubis was gone from the pier he was actually swimming again and rose from the water standing on of the dolphins noses before stepping onto the pier. he waved and bowed to the small pod that swam away and smiled. "well glad i could help them with atlantis....cant believe that part of the city is back...ill have to return there sometime" The fox said shaking himself off
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Meanwhile Anubis was gone from the pier he was actually swimming again and rose from the water standing on of the dolphins noses before stepping onto the pier. he waved and bowed to the small pod that swam away and smiled. "well glad i could help them with atlantis....cant believe that part of the city is back...ill have to return there sometime" The fox said shaking himself off
<Why don't come now, landwalker?> came a voice to his mind
<We have waited so long.>
<Share this moment with us>
Hotep the psychic

Anubis looked up at the sky then to the nearest building for the time. "hmmmm....i do suppose i could...the arrivals will be here soon though." Amubis said in reply as he sits on the edge of the pier
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

d
Last edited by valerio on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:The other male looked suspiciously at the black cat. "Parkùr? What's that?"
Alyse answered, "Well..." She pointed at the other exit of the table-littered hall. "I guess you could easily outrun many of the present company from here to there, right?"
"Right, so?" male #1 asked
"Levi can do better than you."
"A city pet?!" the female was incredolous. She barked a laugh. "it will take more than your word to convince us, *dog*!"
Alyse's expression went smug. "You're on, feral." And then she looked at Levi. Reginald's eyes were glittering with anticipation
"Well, I guess I could use a good run, it's been a couple days." the cat answered, looking at the door to see the fastest way there.
(OOC: is it a straight shot or are there tables between us and the door that levi could jump over?)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

[quote="RandomGeekNamedBrent"]"Well, I guess I could use a good run, it's been a couple days." the cat answered, looking at the door to see the fastest way there.
"Heh, you'll need them to get there." The two males stood up and...RAN!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"Heh, you'll need them to get there." The two males stood up and...RAN!
the cat spent a second to stretch before moving towards the door. but unlike the wolves, he didn't move around the table.
Instead, he stepped up onto his seat, then ran over the top of the table, in a straight line towards the door. if there was large gap between tables, he would just jump the gap, roll across the next table right back to his feet to continue. if he couldn't make the jump, he did the same onto the floor until he could get back onto a table. If there was a chair or a cart in the way, he planted his hand paws on top and vaulted forward, never stopping, all in one fluid motion. occasionally he'd yell out "sorry," if he had to disrupt someone's breakfast, which was rarely, or "excuse me, coming through," if someone crossed into his path.
at one point he even vaulted over someone who ducked out of his way. he didn't care, he was focused on his path.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

The wolves' first reaction was one of STUPOR. Their eyes dilated visibly as they saw that, despite their effort, better training and physique, were being *outclassed* by a PET!
And to their merit, they didn't give up. Each one of them chose a different path, as long one of them could teach a lesson to that *WOOFF*
One was out of the run as soon as he bounced against another red wolf -a BIG one- and fell back on his butt. He earned a puzzled, frowning expression.
The other just ignored that and doubled his efforts...
Hotep the psychic

valerio wrote:
Hotep the psychic wrote:Meanwhile Anubis was gone from the pier he was actually swimming again and rose from the water standing on of the dolphins noses before stepping onto the pier. he waved and bowed to the small pod that swam away and smiled. "well glad i could help them with atlantis....cant believe that part of the city is back...ill have to return there sometime" The fox said shaking himself off
<Why don't come now, landwalker?> came a voice to his mind
<We have waited so long.>
<Share this moment with us>
Anubis looked around when his guards arrived. They gave him news that made him sigh before he took a moment to think on things. Once he had the guards leave did he bow in kind decline. "Sadly i must decline seems i missed another point and must see ti the new arrivals now having breakfast. Though i shall return" Anubis responded before following his guards ti the mess hall.
ImageImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:The wolves' first reaction was one of STUPOR. Their eyes dilated visibly as they saw that, despite their effort, better training and physique, were being *outclassed* by a PET!
And to their merit, they didn't give up. Each one of them chose a different path, as long one of them could teach a lesson to that *WOOFF*
One was out of the run as soon as he bounced against another red wolf -a BIG one- and fell back on his butt. He earned a puzzled, frowning expression.
The other just ignored that and doubled his efforts...
Levi wasn't paying any attention to his opponents. He stayed focused on the door, which was quickly getting closer, and everything in his path.
a large red wolf sat down directly in said path, one that didn't appear as if he'd appreciate the cat bothering him. so he altered his path slightly to the left to go around the unfriendly canine.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis looked around when his guards arrived. They gave him news that made him sigh before he took a moment to think on things. Once he had the guards leave did he bow in kind decline. "Sadly i must decline seems i missed another point and must see ti the new arrivals now having breakfast. Though i shall return" Anubis responded before following his guards ti the mess hall.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Levi wasn't paying any attention to his opponents. He stayed focused on the door, which was quickly getting closer, and everything in his path.
a large red wolf sat down directly in said path, one that didn't appear as if he'd appreciate the cat bothering him. so he altered his path slightly to the left to go around the unfriendly canine.
"Ah, here you are," Erebus said, walking in just a moment later. The High Shaman looked admired at Levi's performance. "I must say, he shows an unknwon technique, as if everything in front of him was just part of the path. The temple guards could learn something, Lord Anubis, don't you agree?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:Falstaff used what he had on the tray to make up a 'Dagwood' sandwich and downed it in two gargantuan bites. he accompanied it with a glass of milk.
"No prob, I get that a lot. I teach first an foremost to stay away from urban myths about common science. You don't have an idea about the number of pets who get hurt or poisoned by their own hands, only because of rumors. And there are a *lot* of things to remember in everyday life. For example, did you know that instant 'tealess' tea is poison to us?"
"I did not even know zere vas such sing as 'tealess tea'." Dinara admits.
"So you vork mostly viz young pets? Sasha asks, slicing into a hash brown.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I did not even know zere vas such sing as 'tealess tea'." Dinara admits.
"So you vork mostly viz young pets? Sasha asks, slicing into a hash brown.
Falstaff shrugged. "Mostly, but only because many adult pets either depend a lot more on their humans to admit they could do something for themselves, or because they refuse to learn...'new tricks', so to speak"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You vill teaching here? Or you are just on holiday?" Sasha queries as Dinara takes a quaff of her drink.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"You vill teaching here? Or you are just on holiday?" Sasha queries as Dinara takes a quaff of her drink.
"Holiday! Not to mention that, between virtual teachers and anidroid teachers, there's no need of good ol' me. And I'm glad, y'know: New technologies will make this quite easier."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Vhat you vill do viz no job zen?" Dinara wants to know.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Vhat you vill do viz no job zen?" Dinara wants to know.
"I don't know about the future, but when I go back home there will be still plenty of lessons to teach. After that? I will develop a desktop board game. A fantasy one: How does "Universes & Unrealities" sound?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

valerio wrote:"Told ya, don't need to involve them," the tiny woman said. "My brothers and I already scanned this place. I know a shortcut to the undersea city. Follow me!" she said, before darting left and into the thick forest!
"Hey! Wait!" Flint dashed after the small flying figure, only skirting a bit to turn around and address Khun and Monique. "If we get separated umm, use your magic stuff!" He yelled before disappearing into the foliage.
"Hey, we really *pant* should wait for the others...". The canine grunted, trailing after the flying fairy.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: I'll let val give the reaction of the cougar tribe for this.

Khun darted off into the brush, surprised at the speed, however, he too yelled.

"HEY WAIT UP! We don't have food! Water! And this dog is old! OH COME ON!" Khun yelled, running after them. With a twirl of her staff, a video game like arrow appeared in front of Khun's eyes pointing him towards the direction he should go. Then she twirled it again.

"Oi Gandalf and Bilbo! Don't forget yer boots!" She hollered, and anklets appeared on the canine's feet! Khun felt himself no, not running, but more or so leaping and bounding, and not feeling the energy drain. Except, he knew these were only temporary. Khun did notice however, that Monique was not following! He turned around to yell.

"OI aren't you coming?!" He yelled. She shook her head.

"Watch out for that tree!" She yelled back, Khun dodged just in time, keeping his eyes ahead.

"You're right, I am busy and there's an important thing I need to be at now," Monique yelled back sadly, "I'll catch back up with you later I promise!" Khun sighed.

"I know baby doll, I know," he said, just happy that he had family here was good enough for him. Monique sighed, then shaking herself, twirled once, twice, tapped her staff, then disappeared.

"Oi, this way Bilbo! Monique gave me a compass!" Khun said to Flint, pointing to his eyes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sanni nodded.

"Then I am pleased," she said, "Welcome to the Mantauq family my dear. And to answer your questions sweet hearts, it all worked. When the god shot his light in the sky, we could see it, affirming our decision to move here. As a sign of his power, they all worked. To answer your question Donau, yes, we burned the more dangerous items, but I digress." And here she moved to Amber.

"Congratulations dear," she said, "I am happy for you." Amber nodded, hugging her in return.

"Thank you Mother," she said, a small tear running down her cheek. Sanni brushed it away.

"Are you happy?" Sanni asked. Amber nodded.

"Then no more tears," she said, "Your mom would be proud." Amber nodded.

Not a word, Luke has to make a speech, poor thing, but I'll explain later. It's mere ceremony. Everyone should bow, then we can meet everyone else and help them move in. Amber thought to Raijda. Holding her right paw with her left. Then Sanni walked to Luke, eyeing him from head to toe. His arms were behind his back and he had a small smile with his head down.

He was nervous. He was doing his best not to let it show but he knew he was slipping up somewhere.

"So, chief Argon. You have taken my daughters unto yourself to wife," she said, already having adopted Raijda in her mind, "I DO hope you love them." Luke nodded, took a deep breath.

"Mother, every fiber of my being, every filament of my bones, every fiber in my muscles, every molecule, tissue, organ, cell, and atom, only exists because I have love for them," Luke said, blushing, "If they did not, I would die immediately." Sanni's left eyebrow went up slightly.

"I do hope so," she said, slightly impressed. Then she and the other 6 wives went back to the front of the crowd.

"Luke Argon, the gods say they have blessed you to be the chieftain of the new fourth tribe of tribe of Tricana. Congratulations. However, disgraced though he may be, we, the people of Mantauq, still have our own chieftain. Despite his willingness to follow you, we, however, still have our own voice, and can become if we wish a minor tribe of our own independence," Sanni stated, "Why should we follow you and merge the Splintered Mantauqs with the Argon Tribe, the fourth tribe of Tricana?" Luke took a deep breath, and walked forward.

"My people," he began, only to have his robe catch on a tile edge, which caught his toe on a tile edge, causing the poor cougar to fall over!

Snickers and laughter emanated from the crowd. Vera sighed and rolled her eyes.

"LUUUCKY LUKE!" Someone shouted from the back.

Off with his head. Amber thought to herself. Before mentally sighing. Then a snap from Sanni's fingers ended the jeering in a single heartbeat! Luke sighed, got up, dusted himself off, and continued walking as if nothing had happened.

A tiny, tiny, tiny invisible presence made itself known on top of Donau's head. Monique sat there watching. Luke walked forward, THEN fell forward, this time on purpose, to be prone before the procession.

He'll NEVER be heard with that quiet voice of his! Monique thought, then tapped her staff so that Luke's voice was boosted so that even those in the back could hear him.

Hubert give me wisdom. He prayed. Then took a deep breath.

"My people Mauntuq," Luke shouted, pausing a moment noticing a slight change in his voice, but continued, "My people Mauntuq, you have made a dangerous, risky decision. You have taken your lives in your hands to go to a place you have never seen. To live under and with people you do not know. To a strange land that is not yours. To a place filled with gods, demons, dangers, and wonders. I do not doubt, that the gods will not fail to reward such bravery. I and my wives have been blessed by the god to lead the fourth tribe of Tricana. My people, my brethren, my sisters. We of course would want to start the tribe with you. But of course, the choice is yours. I can not promise to be a good leader. I can not promise to be a bad leader. I can only promise to lead as lead by the gods and with the help of the wise and the shamans and the good councils. I do not pretend to know what I am doing. You know me. I am Luke Argon. I was of lonely station with little importance save the love I have of your chieftain's daughter. I am not brave or cowardly, but I will do my duty. I am not strong or wise but I will move mountains with my voice. Last but not least I am ignorant and unlucky, but I know where the library and teachers are and I will not cease to pray for my people daily. I am an unwanted, unruly, a wretched creature. Nevertheless, I will do my best, because that is all I can do, for the best for the people of Mauntuq and the fourth tribe of Tricana. My fellow tribesfolk, will you accept this base, wretched creature to be your chieftain?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Khun darted off into the brush, surprised at the speed, however, he too yelled.
"HEY WAIT UP! We don't have food! Water! And this dog is old! OH COME ON!" Khun yelled, running after them. With a twirl of her staff, a video game like arrow appeared in front of Khun's eyes pointing him towards the direction he should go. Then she twirled it again.
"Oi Gandalf and Bilbo! Don't forget yer boots!" She hollered, and anklets appeared on the canine's feet! Khun felt himself no, not running, but more or so leaping and bounding, and not feeling the energy drain. Except, he knew these were only temporary. Khun did notice however, that Monique was not following! He turned around to yell.
"OI aren't you coming?!" He yelled. She shook her head.
"Watch out for that tree!" She yelled back, Khun dodged just in time, keeping his eyes ahead.
"You're right, I am busy and there's an important thing I need to be at now," Monique yelled back sadly, "I'll catch back up with you later I promise!" Khun sighed.
"I know baby doll, I know," he said, just happy that he had family here was good enough for him. Monique sighed, then shaking herself, twirled once, twice, tapped her staff, then disappeared.
"Oi, this way Bilbo! Monique gave me a compass!" Khun said to Flint, pointing to his eyes.
It wasn't long before the faerie stopped. She stood there, hovering in midair, waiting for her charges to join her.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xhunterko wrote:"Luke Argon, the gods say they have blessed you to be the chieftain of the new fourth tribe of tribe of Tricana. Congratulations. However, disgraced though he may be, we, the people of Mantauq, still have our own chieftain. Despite his willingness to follow you, we, however, still have our own voice, and can become if we wish a minor tribe of our own independence," Sanni stated, "Why should we follow you and merge the Splintered Mantauqs with the Argon Tribe, the fourth tribe of Tricana?" Luke took a deep breath, and walked forward.
"My people," he began, only to have his robe catch on a tile edge, which caught his toe on a tile edge, causing the poor cougar to fall over!
Snickers and laughter emanated from the crowd. Vera sighed and rolled her eyes.
"LUUUCKY LUKE!" Someone shouted from the back.
Off with his head. Amber thought to herself. Before mentally sighing. Then a snap from Sanni's fingers ended the jeering in a single heartbeat! Luke sighed, got up, dusted himself off, and continued walking as if nothing had happened.
A tiny, tiny, tiny invisible presence made itself known on top of Donau's head. Monique sat there watching. Luke walked forward, THEN fell forward, this time on purpose, to be prone before the procession.
He'll NEVER be heard with that quiet voice of his! Monique thought, then tapped her staff so that Luke's voice was boosted so that even those in the back could hear him.
Hubert give me wisdom. He prayed. Then took a deep breath.
"My people Mauntuq," Luke shouted, pausing a moment noticing a slight change in his voice, but continued, "My people Mauntuq, you have made a dangerous, risky decision. You have taken your lives in your hands to go to a place you have never seen. To live under and with people you do not know. To a strange land that is not yours. To a place filled with gods, demons, dangers, and wonders. I do not doubt, that the gods will not fail to reward such bravery. I and my wives have been blessed by the god to lead the fourth tribe of Tricana. My people, my brethren, my sisters. We of course would want to start the tribe with you. But of course, the choice is yours. I can not promise to be a good leader. I can not promise to be a bad leader. I can only promise to lead as lead by the gods and with the help of the wise and the shamans and the good councils. I do not pretend to know what I am doing. You know me. I am Luke Argon. I was of lonely station with little importance save the love I have of your chieftain's daughter. I am not brave or cowardly, but I will do my duty. I am not strong or wise but I will move mountains with my voice. Last but not least I am ignorant and unlucky, but I know where the library and teachers are and I will not cease to pray for my people daily. I am an unwanted, unruly, a wretched creature. Nevertheless, I will do my best, because that is all I can do, for the best for the people of Mauntuq and the fourth tribe of Tricana. My fellow tribesfolk, will you accept this base, wretched creature to be your chieftain?"
Whispers ran among the ranks. This young cougar's style of speech was something else entirely, when compared to Savant's self-assurance. Luke sounded as if he was...self-conscious, instead.
No promises from a weak and ignorant leader, that was the message they received.
And it scared them: Had they come to this strange, new place just to be led by an incompetent?
Some of those who had given the bad eye to Savant, back on the pier, were now rethinking -what if they JUST needed Savant and his strong lead? Someone who could pick up a human -both figuratively and literally of that power was one who showed he could fight. Luke was figuratively *begging* them.
What leader would ever beg!?
But then other whispers rose, and in the end, a young female in the front row spoke out, "You are right, Luke Argon: Depended on *us*, we'd put you back in the lowest station you came from. A leader who thinks he's too low to be one shouldn't be a leader..." And then, surprisingly, given what she had just said, she went down on one knee, head low and eyes fixed on Luke's.
"But you have been designated by the Divinity. And for the first time in our long, troubled history, this is not a trickster, not some malevolent entity, nor an absent one whose words are spoken through humans' mouth. We were there, we felt it, and the very existence of this city testifies to its power. Hubert the Great spoke on your behalf. We signed a pact with the leading human to build ourselves a new life here.
"And by such pact, we will follow your lead, Luke, Amber and Rajida Argon. By such pact, I deny the authority of Savant Martuq over my life. By such pact I am Tricana's Fourth Tribe just as equal to the other Three Tribes. Do not fail us, Chieftain that's all I ask of you, or may the Divinity punish you for your weakness."
At that point, the other cougars, one by one, went on their knee, paying the same respect. "OUR ALLEGIANCE WE SPEAK, CHIEFTAINS! MAY THIS LIFE BE FRUITFUL!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Mauntuq government consists of three councils. Commons Council(everyday people). Elders Council, "War" Council (foreign affairs, trade). Chief at the head.

Luke got up, trying not to shake.

"I accept your pledge and allegiance, I can only promise that I will do my best for the people," Luke said, then grinned, looking at the female who spoke, "First Majority Leader Of The Common Council."

"Told ya that mouth would get you in trouble," her brother next to her sneered, getting up with the rest of the tribe. A finger snap from Luke caused his jesting to vanish and he put his head low.

"I suggest you seek out other delegates," Luke said, then he waved a hand towards their new home.

"Let's get everyone settled in," he said, and the procession began to across the threshold and into the district, with the new leaders greeting as many as they could.

"Hopefully there's food inside," said a male, a female next to him nodding. During a break, Markus stepped over next to Luke.

"I've not seen mom and dad yet," Luke said to him. A proud warrior passed them by, turning down his hat, not bothering to look at them, heading into the district. Luke sighed. Markus shrugged.

"A man should leave his mother and father and should cleave to his wife," Markus said, "They elected to stay behind as elders." Luke frowned.

"Would've been nice to see them here, they'd of liked the beaches, sigh," he said. Markus nodded, then shrugged. Then stepped in front of Raijda briefly, giving her a break while Luke and Amber greeted and shook hands. He took her right paw and kissed it, then let it go. The contrast of Raijda's fur was indeed an oddity. Even though a coyote and a cougar couple just walked by, shaking hands with the new chieftains. The coyote trying to get between Raijda and Markus to sniff, but was yanked away by his female with a small whine.

"And how, might I ask, did my brother catch the likes of you?" Markus asked.

"I meant, Donau, was Anubis looking for a girlfriend," Vera said to him, free to converse now that the ceremonies were mostly over.

Monique sighed in relief, still invisible.

Well, that could have gone either way. We were lucky. Monique thought to Donau.
Savant rose from his kneeling position in his cell, following the events on his sho-wall. He then turned to Kritaros.

"Like I said," he said, downing the rest of his coffee, pausing, wishing there were more, "I upset the local authority. The toe yank I gave to Mister Spencers was only in jest. Sigh." He looked to the wall. Then back.

"We respect strength," he said, "Luke has a lot of work cut out to him to make self-consciousness a strength. It's worked, but barely. With our people."
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Luke got up, trying not to shake.
"I accept your pledge and allegiance, I can only promise that I will do my best for the people," Luke said, then grinned, looking at the female who spoke, "First Majority Leader Of The Common Council."
"Told ya that mouth would get you in trouble," her brother next to her sneered, getting up with the rest of the tribe. A finger snap from Luke caused his jesting to vanish and he put his head low.
"I suggest you seek out other delegates," Luke said, then he waved a hand towards their new home.
"Let's get everyone settled in," he said, and the procession began to across the threshold and into the district, with the new leaders greeting as many as they could.
"Hopefully there's food inside," said a male, a female next to him nodding. During a break, Markus stepped over next to Luke.
"I've not seen mom and dad yet," Luke said to him. A proud warrior passed them by, turning down his hat, not bothering to look at them, heading into the district. Luke sighed. Markus shrugged.
"A man should leave his mother and father and should cleave to his wife," Markus said, "They elected to stay behind as elders." Luke frowned.
"Would've been nice to see them here, they'd of liked the beaches, sigh," he said. Markus nodded, then shrugged. Then stepped in front of Raijda briefly, giving her a break while Luke and Amber greeted and shook hands. He took her right paw and kissed it, then let it go. The contrast of Raijda's fur was indeed an oddity. Even though a coyote and a cougar couple just walked by, shaking hands with the new chieftains. The coyote trying to get between Raijda and Markus to sniff, but was yanked away by his female with a small whine.
"And how, might I ask, did my brother catch the likes of you?" Markus asked.
"I meant, Donau, was Anubis looking for a girlfriend," Vera said to him, free to converse now that the ceremonies were mostly over.
Monique sighed in relief, still invisible.
Well, that could have gone either way. We were lucky. Monique thought to Donau.
"I found in him the strength he seems to be missing now," Rajida said in her velvety voice to Markus. "And I know he has it."
"Wisdom and strength," Avaros added, "are to be built with experience. Foolish is the one who thinks he's born with both."
"As for food," Donau said, "There is plenty of it waiting in your rooms. It is a gift the Divinity provided for you and just for today, so eat your fill until night comes. Starting tomorrow, you will have to earn it from mother Earth."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"Vhat you vill do viz no job zen?" Dinara wants to know.
"I don't know about the future, but when I go back home there will be still plenty of lessons to teach. After that? I will develop a desktop board game. A fantasy one: How does "Universes & Unrealities" sound?"
The siblings glance at each other and shrug.
"Ve have not played many games like zis so is hard to know. You are playing zem a lot?"

~~~~~~~~
Up in the bedroom the humans have gotten themselves dressed and freshened up and Felix is napping having been changed and fed.
"So, do ve go to hospital again for ze tests?" Ilya asks the lady who'd roused them.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:The siblings glance at each other and shrug.
"Ve have not played many games like zis so is hard to know. You are playing zem a lot?"
"Monopoly, Richesse du Monde, Risk, D&D...My humans allow it as long as it's about some strategy. But most of the time I give lessons. When i don't teach notions, I teach writing and reading."
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:Up in the bedroom the humans have gotten themselves dressed and freshened up and Felix is napping having been changed and fed.
"So, do ve go to hospital again for ze tests?" Ilya asks the lady who'd roused them.
"You can say that again. Now..." she opened a closet door and drew out a folded chair. She unfolded it and brought it close to the new mother. "Now please sit down. And of course you can come too, sir. And after that, you can have a healthy breakfast. How does that sound?"
Hotep the psychic

valerio wrote:
Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis looked around when his guards arrived. They gave him news that made him sigh before he took a moment to think on things. Once he had the guards leave did he bow in kind decline. "Sadly i must decline seems i missed another point and must see ti the new arrivals now having breakfast. Though i shall return" Anubis responded before following his guards ti the mess hall.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Levi wasn't paying any attention to his opponents. He stayed focused on the door, which was quickly getting closer, and everything in his path.
"Ah, here you are," Erebus said, walking in just a moment later. The High Shaman looked admired at Levi's performance. "I must say, he shows an unknwon technique, as if everything in front of him was just part of the path. The temple guards could learn something, Lord Anubis, don't you agree?"
Anubis chuckles and shook his head."The guards were trained in both modern and ancient techniques. Though i would agree it would be an interesting race to watch. What he does is focus his mind only to the goal. And as you say everything else is the path. It causes many people today to have brief memory loss in the moment." Anubis said looking to his guards that stood like british royal guards. Each one being swarmed with others that wanted to see if they moved. It was then they saw anubis and relaxed before deciding to have fun with some of the people.

Anubis then smiled and looked iver the crowd and chuckled. As he saw Levi, he could already sense his abilities. "hmmmm...A dreamwalker. Interesting. But he isnt the only one among the crowd. For new blood there are few here with latent strengths ....and some will need medicine to treat outlying disease" Anubis said relaxing enough to look to erebus. "And how do you feel my friend? This is a good crowd and size to help the lycoans and bring them anew..

Kritaros shook his head on such a petty idea. He almost summoned spencers right then and there before he sighed once. "Well like it or not he is chief now. But he will become something more especially with a high shaman and another to guide him to such a strength. You could have helped with his speech had you not been in here." Kritaros said tapping the wall and letting it show a much clearer view of the crowd for the new tribe as if the two were there. "You see the islands people will rise again. But when you think on things spencers wasnt the first here and although he proved himself to the island he is not the greatest authority. He is a leader him holding you here as i said is still a cage to your natural self no matter how long" Kritaros said looking at the wall before looking at the time and then exiting the cell and thinking. Inly wondering if he should summon spencers.
ImageImageImage
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Young people. Savant thought with a shake of the head, setting down his coffee, only to realize that it had somehow magically refilled? He took a sip. Yep, to the exact specifications too. He shrugged, then continued his coffee, watching the procession.

Your welcome. Monique by the way.
She thought to him.

Ah, my demigoddess. I wondered. Thank you. He thought back.

You are quite welcome. She thought back to him, giggling to herself.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"Ah, here you are," Erebus said, walking in just a moment later. The High Shaman looked admired at Levi's performance. "I must say, he shows an unknwon technique, as if everything in front of him was just part of the path. The temple guards could learn something, Lord Anubis, don't you agree?"
and just like that, the path was done and the goal was reached. Levi stopped at the exit and turned to see if his opponents had managed to best him.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis chuckles and shook his head."The guards were trained in both modern and ancient techniques. Though i would agree it would be an interesting race to watch. What he does is focus his mind only to the goal. And as you say everything else is the path. It causes many people today to have brief memory loss in the moment." Anubis said looking to his guards that stood like british royal guards. Each one being swarmed with others that wanted to see if they moved. It was then they saw anubis and relaxed before deciding to have fun with some of the people.
Anubis then smiled and looked iver the crowd and chuckled. As he saw Levi, he could already sense his abilities. "hmmmm...A dreamwalker. Interesting. But he isnt the only one among the crowd. For new blood there are few here with latent strengths ....and some will need medicine to treat outlying disease" Anubis said relaxing enough to look to erebus. "And how do you feel my friend? This is a good crowd and size to help the lycoans and bring them anew..
Erebus looked around. "All of this is so...strange. When I come from, this separation hadn't even started. The very idea of pure blood as a politic tool is...appalling. Surely you remember that Wolves and Lycaons had started creating their own communities, outside our city, and it was working.
Yesterday night, Kendra and I looked out for them, but their life spark has left this island. And I could communicate only with their spirits in the otherworld. So yes, I will do my best to help these remains of my glorious tribe to revive as a whole breed, like it or not, then there will be time to mix blood with the lycaons: In the meantime, though, reforming a common cultural background will be of the greatest importance. Segregationisms ends today, lord Anubis.""

---
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:and just like that, the path was done and the goal was reached. Levi stopped at the exit and turned to see if his opponents had managed to best him.
The poor creature was standing a few meters back, panting as if his tongue and his lungs wanted to leave his body. "OK...ok...so you're in shape...*urk*" and with that, for the chuckles of the crowd, he collapsed.
---
"Would you look at that sonuva..." the wolf that was left behind grunted. "Muh?" he muttered when a big paw was offered to him -hm, the *insult* of being helped up by a...strang...errr
"No need to stand down there, eh?" said that new wolf.
That new wolf who was surrounded by an aura of the most DELICIOUS scent a creature could carry!
A red wolf who looked so PINK at that moment.
The native canine was almost dragged up, he basically offered no help nor resistance to that gesture. He heard himself say, in the lowest voice possible, "Please sniff my butt."
Hotep the psychic

Anubis laughed at the words of the wolves behind levi. Then cakmed down enough to look to erebus, "I am no lord master Erebus like you i am a high shaman. I may lead the people at the temple but i still need students. And i know you would as well. Feel around you. There are deathwalkers here that would do very well in your practice if the dark arts" Anubis said joining Levi as laughter erypted at one guard covered in small pups that climbed all over him.

"You must be Levi. If memory serves." Anubis said looking to the wolves nearby and chuckling. The foxs tail swaying back and forth before he looked at levi up and down as if to perfumey poultine him. "Not bad for a dreamwalker...he could use more practice in the art however.....and his attunement to arts as a shaman ...." The fox thought catching some wolces staring at him behind Levi before shaking his head once.
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:"Monopoly, Richesse du Monde, Risk, D&D...My humans allow it as long as it's about some strategy. But most of the time I give lessons. When i don't teach notions, I teach writing and reading."
"Cool."
"Your humans are strict zen, Falstaff?"

~~~~~~~~
valerio wrote:"You can say that again. Now..." she opened a closet door and drew out a folded chair. She unfolded it and brought it close to the new mother. "Now please sit down. And of course you can come too, sir. And after that, you can have a healthy breakfast. How does that sound?"
The humans do as told, Feliks burbling quietly in his mother's arms.
"Zat vould be good. I am hungry."
"So vhat you vill do viz Feliks?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Cool."
"Your humans are strict zen, Falstaff?"
"Well, they are not the 'pets are things' kind of people, but I would like them to give me more room for myself. You're lucky, you get a job that is uber-fun. me, I must be a 'responsible person' all the time." he slurped a shake through a straw...and crumplet the paper glass in the process.
~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:The humans do as told, Feliks burbling quietly in his mother's arms.
"Zat vould be good. I am hungry."
"So vhat you vill do viz Feliks?"
"Complete body scan, will take a few moments. First vaccinations will come when he's 2 months old. After the scan, the doctor will see if we should give Feliks a Skin(2) for his protection."
---
Hotep the psychic wrote:Anubis laughed at the words of the wolves behind levi. Then cakmed down enough to look to erebus, "I am no lord master Erebus like you i am a high shaman. I may lead the people at the temple but i still need students. And i know you would as well. Feel around you. There are deathwalkers here that would do very well in your practice if the dark arts" Anubis said joining Levi as laughter erypted at one guard covered in small pups that climbed all over him.
"You must be Levi. If memory serves." Anubis said looking to the wolves nearby and chuckling. The foxs tail swaying back and forth before he looked at levi up and down as if to perfumey poultine him. "Not bad for a dreamwalker...he could use more practice in the art however.....and his attunement to arts as a shaman ...." The fox thought catching some wolces staring at him behind Levi before shaking his head once.
Erebus frowned at the mention of dark arts. Soon as possible, he'd explain Lord Anubis that death magic wasn't evil-oriented, though it appeared that many of today's wolves had degenerated...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hotep the psychic wrote:"You must be Levi. If memory serves." Anubis said looking to the wolves nearby and chuckling. The foxs tail swaying back and forth before he looked at levi up and down as if to perfumey poultine him. "Not bad for a dreamwalker...he could use more practice in the art however.....and his attunement to arts as a shaman ...." The fox thought catching some wolces staring at him behind Levi before shaking his head once.
"yeah, that's me," Levi responded. "and yeah, I know i need training. The collapsed wolf here and his friends offered to help with that."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hotep the psychic

"physically maybe, though when i look at you i see something else the needs training."Anubis said extending a paw. "Im Anubis, i saw you when i first came to the island...though we didnt have the chance to properly meet." Anubis said smiling his eyes catching that same stare from the wolves behind levi again. His curiousity made him see something else in the crowd. He then looked to erebus and motioned for her to look in the far corner at a wolf who was seperate from the others

"That one.....he is scared....he sees something your very familiar with." His mind would tell Erebus with some worry. But there was a sense of hope in it as well.
ImageImageImage