HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Buster »

"ItKindaHurtsToMoveMyNeck ImNotReallySureWhy AlsoShesNotGoneShesJustHangingOutWithSockoRightNow AndItSortaWasYourFaultYouWokeHerUp" Sandy comments shrugging. oddly seeming to skip over any mention of memory, as if she didn't hear that part. "AndWhyIsRigStaringAtMe?"

- - - - -

"I could be wrong, but I don't think the outer planes look computer genera- ...!" Bonnie's train of thought came to a grinding halt mid-word, thanks to Jake.

Apparently she's still not very good at the whole switching gears thing.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

After two minutes, Jake pulled back slightly. "Aren't I lucky," he asked Bonnie quietly, looking into her eyes as they glinted with reflected light . "I'm watching a film about magic with the most magical lady in the city."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, he's just being careful, little Sandy," Kaylee 'explained, "and well said, Noah."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda was struck with a bit of worry once 'mess with my head' hit her ears, "Okay, I don't know what happened, and I kinda don't want to know, no more drama, but I think it's best if you stay mum about that in the presence of the Matriarch or any guardians. They don't like any level of unwilling mind messing. They probably wouldn't do anything, but I'd rather not risk it as they can get quite paranoid at times."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Huh. Neat trick!" Socks shakes the spectral paw, marvelling at the feeling - or rather, the lack thereof. There's no pressure on his paw, per se, but it's as though his paw can't move beyond where the paw appears to be regardless.
"I wonder. Would it be possible for you to separate yourself entirely from Sandy and be another being? Kinda like a ghost or something. You've already got the body after all." the cat asks, genuinely curious as he heads for the door of the dog house.

~~~~~~~~
"Wait. The kennel ith for me? AWETHOME!" Now it's Big Sandy's turn to glomp the chinchilla. He also covers her with licks before also hugging Rig.
"I alwayth wanted a kennel! How did you know? Thankth tho much!" Tail wagging, the dog runs for the kennel, eager to explore it. Holly has come unseated in his enthusiasm but she quickly regains a perch on Kaylee's shoulder.
"That was a really nice thing to do for him, you guys! Thank you!" she smiles to the three.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kayee focussed and used her abilities to dry Sandy C after Sandy D's tongue assault.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yeeaaahh, maybe." He scratched the back of his head, giving her a sheepish smile, "But you're back! So, what, uh, what happened between you two? Are you, you or is she still in there?" He took a quick step back, "This isn't some sorta plan to get close to me so you can mess with my mind is it? Sounds like something she would think of..."

---------------

Rig tensed up slight as Sandy gave him a hug before giving the dog a pat on the head, "I am glad you like it. Sandy thought every dog should have a dog house. So we built one." Rig smiled at Holly, "It was no problem."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Yes, because subsisting as the mental equivalent of malware, dependent on an observer paradox to be physical and jumping from person to person, sounds like such a wonderful existence. Never mind it being impossible to seperate mental hardware from software in that manner or project these images beyond the mental range of my body." 04 deadpans rolling her eyes, sarcasm practically dripping from the words.

...Up until Big Sandy licks her, at which point her concentration is clearly on the fritz cause she looks like a glitched and lagging video feed more than a person all of a sudden.

When Big sandy arrives he won't be able to see 04, only socks can right now, as she's not really there, so much as just making him hallucinate her being there.

- - - - - -

Meanwhile, Sandy Is screeching about being wet and calling big sandy gross, batting desperately at his face to get him to stop. Getting some distance as soon as she can so she can pull out her Kleenex packet and desperately try to dry her fur off as much as possible. And is promptly blown over by a magic hair dryer effect. After a few minutes she's calmed down enough to answer Noah. Admittedly she rambles a bit in her response, going on for a solid four and a half minutes and ultimately saying something the boils down to I remembered that I forgot that I had a cranky paranoid version of me in my head, but it's okay because she's not actually mean just really overprotective, also asleep almost all of the time. albeit at 200WPM in the most convoluted counterintuitive, and nonsequietor filled way the tiny motormouth can. She's not even doing it on purpose, she just keeps getting distracted.

(Edited because i missed a post.)
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah nodded along with Sandy's speech, "Overprotective. Riiight... Anyway, do you still have at least a majority of control? I'm kinda worried about her just taking over and trying to erase memories. Is that a thing
or...?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Socks doesn't miss the implication of 04's choice of words.
"Malware, huh? So you think you're a bad thing and you ought to be removed?" he challenges, leaning on the outside of the doghouse and ignoring the retriever as he rushes in.

"Good to have you back, Sandy." Holly smiles at the chinchilla before looking a little puzzled and concerned.
"Do you mean you have Schizophrenia or Multiple Personality Disorder or something? Because that sounds a little dangerous for a telepath... Er, no offence or anything."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Yeah, SheKindaThinksYourAThreatToMe... Her... Us... SomethingLikeThat Whatever. And, Well, Uh... No... ActuallyShesStronger LikeALotStronger." Sandy answers sheepishly, interrupting Noah's comment about tampering with memories, except it doesn't seem like she was trying to cut him off, it's as if she wasn't aware he was still talking.

Turning to Holly she adds, "Uh... IDontKnow? IdNeedToFindAndScanSomeoneWhoKnowsTheDetailsOfHowThoseWorkToSeeHowIdCompare..." still talking over Noah, oblivious. Though the entire group will get an explanation shortly.

In case you can not identify the obvious, she is currently incapable of acknowledging cometary about memories. I may be occupied trying to figure out how to keep her safe from this blasted Empath, but I had to do something to keep you from breaking her a third time. Friend or not, I will not hold back if you harm her again.

All socks get in response is "Stop trying to psychoanalyze me."

- - - - - - -

"...And we're back to cheezy attempts at flirting." Bonnie comments trying to hold back a laugh. Shaking her head, though her smile never leaves her face. "never change."
Last edited by Buster on Wed May 17, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee ducked back into the house and came back out with a plate of fish things. Tuna flakes and Salmon slices in a pile as she headed across and into the doghouse. She nodded to Sandy and offered the plate to Socks. "I think a draw's been declared, Socks."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Never plan to, sweet spots," Jake said, getting comfortable for the rest of the film.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda became concerned once more when the voice rang through her mind, inciting a bit of fear into Amanda as she began to wonder if 04 would carry out her threat and what her family would do if they found out. Deciding not to address the, as Amanda would put it, scary part of Sandy, she addressed Sandy herself, "W-well, no matter what's going on, we will have your back." She was so distracted by the sudden influx of information that she didn't even note Kaylee's food run for Socks.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The image of 04 Socks is seeing takes a moment to sidestep as she was clipping through Kaylee for a bit there.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah's smile slipped for a second before it returned, fake as ever, "Mhmm, Sandy, would you mind if I spoke with 04 for a second?" He kept his smile, but something was off about it. It was almost overly happy.

----------------

Rig listened to what 04 had to say and huffed a sigh, I do not know much about mind workings. But is it not possible to put a new thought in place instead of just covering it up? Like what you wanted to do with Noah? As with before, his thoughts outside of his native language were slow, but they were understandable.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Aw, but it's fun!" Socks teases before taking the plate from Kaylee.
"Thanks. Got anything to drink?"

~~~~~~~~
Having hopped to the chinchilla before Kaylee left, Holly is able to keep up her conversation while the cat goes for food. "Well, does this... Other you try to make you do things or make you uncomfortable or anything like that? And sorry but WOW your fur is soft! I need to ride on you more often!" the rat grins, patting the fluffy shoulder on which she's sitting.
"So comfy!"

~~~~~~~~
"Thith ith AWETHOME!" Sandy barks from inside the kennel. "There'th a fan and a heater and power thocket and everything! Oh, a light too! Cool! But where doeth the power come from? Do I need to keep it plugged in or thomething? Or ith it tholar powered?" Emerging again the canine proceeds to thoroughly sniff the outside of the kennel.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Sure, Socks," Kaylee said lightly as the tuxedo cat took the food and Sandy Dog hurried around his house. "Anything you prefer?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Closing their sketchbooks on the requested drawings of Super Holly, one in a more realistic style while the other still in the same cartoony video game style, the two stand and wander into the kennel. They smile watching Sandy run around.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"No, sort of? SheDoesn'tReallyMake- AGHCHTP! ColdpawsCOLDPAWS!" Sandy sputters, bouncing back up to her feet in an instant, likely knocking holly off in the process.

She actually stares blankly at the other rodent for a moment before blurting out "You'reColderThan'Mandy!"

Elswhere,

Simply making a 'hrmph' sound at Socks attempt to be funny, she ignores him a moment. when she turns her attention back to him, 04 develops a rather unflattering grin, and comments "You know, I've always wondered if this actually works..." producing a cheese slice from nowhere and hopping up, sticking it to his face just to see how he'll react.

"That should distract him a moment..."

What is it, Noah?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah smiled outwardly the entire time, despite the torrent of anger that was about to come flooding through, So let me get this straight. You think that you can just hide things from her instead of letting her come to terms with it? Just keeping part of her entire mind locked away like that so that you can 'feel safe'? That's just... stupid! You're not protecting her by taken away her freedom of thought! You can't just hide things from her in a vain attempt at making sure that things will 'be all better'! That's not how the mind works! You're just treating her like some sort of puppet that you can toy around with whenever it suits your desires, she said that you were stronger so it's obvious now that you're just pulling the strings behind the scenes. Instead of letting her work through things you're just pushing it behind a curtain, afraid for the future under the guise that nobody will look behind the curtain at the real Wizard of Oz! How much does it weigh? Your ego, I mean. It must be pretty heavy if you think you know what's right for an entirely separate person better than they do for themselves. You don't do you. You're just scared, hiding behind the facade of another person because you think it gives you power. His smile remained unyielding still as he continued, Original or not, I won't hold back if you mess with her mind like that again.

--------------------

Rig turned to Sandy the dog and gave him a shrug, he still hadn't fully grasped the concept of electricity. He made his way over to the doghouse that the excited retriever was busy sniffing around, "I do not know. Maybe you plug it into the house and it shares with it? There was a, uh, thing," He held up his hands in the rough size of the motor they had attached to the doghouse, "The thing that we used to get it here. Maybe it comes from that." He gave the dog a rather confused smile.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

If Big Sandy were to look under the back of the doghouse on the outside, he'd find a relatively easy to open metal compartment with a motorcycle battery and an extension cord in it, that have been wired and glued in place on the 'output' end.

-

Noah would get the distinct impression he's being laughed at. And do what? you might be stronger physically, but that's useless unless you want to hurt her in the process, and mentally you're an ant.

Besides which the 'freedom' to endure the trauma of events best left forgotten is one most would willingly give up without hesitation. How much you assume, and how little you know is astonishing.

He wouldn't be the only one smiling, though the expression of a certain mental projection is likely a bit more genuine. After all, anger is good, anger will cloud his perception, and create flaws in his judgment, it will keep him off balance and make things easier in the long run.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee returned with a tall glass of lemonade, asking Amanda to supply a bit of ice before taking it in to Socks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Enjoying the film, sweet spots," Jake asked with a grin after Bonnie had been quiet for a minute.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Just marveling at how his hands stop being shaky long enough for the audience to read the back of the watch without having to deal with constant motion blur." She comments with a playful grin, knowing full well she's splitting hairs at this point an no sane actor or director is going to expect the audience to be watching details like that.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah let her laugh, I don't need either of those to beat you and other than messing with my senses, you can't really do much without physical contact, can you? You're forgetting about my power. But like I said, try anything and I won't be afraid to use it to its fullest. His smile returned to his face, Right now, you're doing nothing but proving my point. I mean, come on, using her as your meatshield so that you don't have to personally go toe to toe with anyone here. I'll admit, that'd work if people were out to kill you and didn't want to kill Sandy, but trust me, I can bring about much different results. Plus, we could just keep you incapacitated until Amanda's family can arrive. I'm sure you heard they don't like telepaths that mess with other peoples minds which is exactly what you're doing. And while your last point might have some merit, you're still just exerting control by determining for yourself which decision is the better decision without any input from her. He stopped for a second, having almost laughed at the ability to use her words against her yet again, Sorry, it's just funny. How much you assume, and how little you know. It's funny how easy it was to throw that right back at you.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Actually I only need direct contact for more permanent changes, everything else can be done at range, something about the psyche rejecting being instructed to overwrite bits of itself. Is commented in reply, seeming completely calm almost disinterested, though the sense of amusement is still present. And my comment was to your continued flawed assumptions that we are two separate people, and not two halves of the same whole. I might not call myself 'Sandy' because using the name Wisp gave me brings up painful memories, but it does not change who I am. As I said before, I am not influencing someone else's mind, just another part of my own.

Aside from showing "all" the emotion of someone reading a phone book...

As to assumptions, I might not know everything there is to know about aura, but I do not need to. You are not very good at mental barriers and even if you were my other half had read you multiple times before you started putting them up. I know everything you know about aura, and that is enough to work out counters to the relevant mental abilities.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah sighed and nodded slowly, Ah, so she's not even a person to you... His eyes began to glow a rather bright blue as well as the same blue glow surrounding him akin to a very thin shield, "You were thinking about the mental aspects of aura control. Good thing I'm not using that," In a flash he was within arms reach of her. He gripped her, making sure to keep them separated by the force field, "You don't get to treat my friends like they aren't even a person. That's not for you to decide." He stared directly into her eyes as he began to siphon what energy she had. It would feel like slowly getting more and more tired, as if she hadn't slept the night before and it was catching up to her. "It is not your place to determine who is a person and who is not. Part of a whole or not, she is far better than you," He increased his power draw, "Kinder, less selfish, doesn't have the ego you do. Far better of a person than you would ever be. And when you're gone and she's all that remains, the world will be a far better place than if you had stayed. You are a disease and you will be cured."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Here you go, Socks," Kaylee said, handing the drink over and looking around. "Is 'she' still here?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

No sooner has Kaylee arrived with the lemonade than Socks shoves his empty plate into her paws and storms over to Noah and the chinchilla.
Okay, now I see what you mean about him. he thinks to 04.
He shoves the two pets apart, putting himself between them and glaring at Noah with his back to the rodent. He knows Noah is scared of the idea of 04 attacking his friends but he also knows that attacking her again won't help. He doesn't know exactly what the cat is doing but he knows something is happening due to the glow.
"What the #&$@ are you doing?" he yells, "I've just spent like half an hour undoing the damage you did before and here you are at it again, #$%&!#@ everything up! That's not going to stop her attacking! $#@%, 04 will do anything to protect Sandy! The only way to stop her is to show you're not a threat and that's the OPPOSITE of not being a #$%@$@# threat! Besides, they're in the same #$%&#*@ brain, $@%# it! I know 'cause their fears and pains are the same! Destroy one you destroy the other! You want them both dead? Don't be a #$%^$&@ idiot!"
Holly also feels the need to pipe up.
"Yeah, and that blue glow is not exactly subtle when we have neighbours watching, Noah."

~~~~~~~~
Sandy had just had an "Aha!" moment when he found the charging cable when he was distracted by the shouting. Now he just watches quietly, unsure how to react.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee swallowed as wind swirled around them. Then she exhaled and stepped forward to put a hand on Socks' shoulder. "It's OK, Socks," she said, "it's OK. Noah didn't know. He's been foolish but only because he's hurt and scared and angry too, big fella." She looked to Noah. "He was a bit foolish," she said with a slight twinkle of the eye, "busting in here like that but it wasn't for the wrong reason. The wrong time and the wrong action but the right reason. To protect Sandy" She offered Noah a hand up.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda was shocked by the sudden change in tone, as Noah gripped Sandy out of the blue. She stumbled back, her mind clouded by confusion and fear, defaulting to merely try and to contain her frost as she was doing before, a much more difficult task as her frost tried to force itself out and to the winds that were picking up in pace. She breathed deeply in an attempt to calm down. A part of her wished to yell at it all to stop, the fighting, the drama and more, but, figuring it would merely add to the drama and settled for a glare at Noah. Bits of her confusion and fear turned to anger at Noah, to the point even Socks' vulgarity failed to give her pause.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Immediately after socks stepped in and broke Noah's hold on her, Sandy seems to have taken to hiding behind Amanda, Shaken up by Noah's baffling and terrifying behavior... Normally she'd have some clue what was going on, but with the other her hogging their abilities to talk to socks, all she had were questions. Namely why Noah would say all those things and attack her... she didn't think what she said to holly was that mean.

For socks, the projection has, for lack of a better term, crashed. Distorting before flickering into nothing.

Noah on the other hand might notice a certain transparent image of someone who seems to weigh nothing at all, sitting on his shoulder. identical to but entirely separate from the one hiding. "Well, I was rather hoping you might go with scenario A or B, prolonged inaction or capitulation would have been far more useful... But while problematic in some ways scenario E does still have its merits; I do not need to put anywhere near as much effort into keeping her away from someone she is afraid of." she stops talking long enough to look over an Noah, eye to eye from her perch. She seems a bit sad actually, Hugging him affectionately before disappearing from sight, a few words lingering behind her: "Thank you, for your cooperation."

And now, the projection is back in socks line of sight, Stable again though far less solid looking than before. "Can't believe I'm doing this her way... Can you please not swear that much around her? Filtering audio in real time takes an irritating amount of work, and I am kind of down to minimum power at the moment." She complains.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig cracks a smile, it was a little amusing watching Socks go off on Noah. But he didn't know exactly why it was so amusing. He scooted over to Sandy and leaned over to his ear, "Look, it was not me this time," He whispered to the retriever.

-------------

Noah grabbed Kaylee's hand and pulled himself up, "You didn't hear how she spoke of her. Our friend,
like she wasn't even a person. She gave you that two halves speech? What a load. She's just playing Sandy like a puppet, using her as a meatshield when it's convenient and taking away her ability to even recognize words for her 'safety'. I don't believe it. Her protection. It's just a lie to justify her doing whatever she wants. Trying to mess with someone else's head? For protection? From what!? I was told she was powerful, but not if her means of "fixing" the situation rely on simply sweeping it under the rug. Think what you want, you're just becoming another pawn in her game." He smiles slightly, but it quickly fades from his face, "Undoing the damage I did though. What damage? You mean the one that's been blamed on me even though I didn't know it was there in the first place? Oh sure, I instigated it because of her faulty 'safeguards'. Then she proceeded to try to mess with my mind.
No but it's my damage. I can't believe you had the wool pulled over your eyes so easily. Tell me, at what point did you think that you were going to solve it? Like she was just going to magically agree? Do you really think she would just do it out of the kindness of her heart?"

--------------

Rig leaned over to Sandy and whispered to him again, "What wool is over his eyes? I do not see it."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It's far more complicated than you know, Noah." Socks snaps. He then proceeds to ignore the cat and looks straight at 04.
"I think you need to tell them, 04. If not the full story, at least give them something to reassure Sandy and shut Noah up. Or let me do it." he urges seriously.

~~~~~~~~
Holly has sidled over to the chinchilla and is trying to calm her. "Don't worry, Sandy. This isn't your fault. I don't know what's happening exactly but you've done nothing wrong. The others won't let Noah hurt you either."

~~~~~~~~
"It'th jutht a thaying, Rig. Noah jutht meanth he thinkth Thockth hath been tricked." Sandy whispers back to the wolf.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"What could I possibly say at this point that would do anything but fuel his paranoia?" 04 deadpanned, giving socks a look that's a hand motion short of face-palming. "What he wants is impossible, but he won't listen. I've tried. You want to beat your head against the wall, go ahead, but let me get her out of earshot first. She doesn't need to know." after that she fades away.

Sandy, still clinging to Amanda, quietly comments to both Amanda and Holly, "IWantToGoSomewhereElse..."

You didn't need to take over for that, I wanted to go anyway...
oh... uh... I am still getting used to you having opinions...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee stepped back until she was close enough to Holyy, Sandy and Amanda. You OK, Sandy sweetheart," she asked. "No-one's gonna hurt you now. Not whist we're here, eh girls?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah took a deep breath, then exhaled, "Of course it's far more complicated than I know. But I'm expected to just act like it's all common knowledge," He said under his breath to no one in particular.

-------------

Rig didn't really know what was going on and decided to stay out of it for once, "So, do you like it," He asked the dog.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda grimaced and blew out a shot of frost, barely turning her head as Kaylee spoke. She tilted her head until there was an audible crack, calming Amanda somewhat before responding, "Yeah. Next person to break the peace is getting shattered." She said, her voice nearly monotone if it weren't for the venom barely audible traced along her words.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deep in space universes away, there exists a lab. In that lab, a large, dark, beast-like creature approaches a young woman with snow white hair and one arm who was strapped down to a medical table. The beast holds an odd device resembling a gun, which he pushes against her shoulder. He pulls the trigger.

It makes a small "dfft" sound like an air powered nail gun. The woman grunted in response.
"Great, that's the limiter inserted." The beast remarks. He undoes the straps on the table and the woman gets up and reaches for a her prosthetic arm lying on a table nearby.

"Huh. I expected it to be worse somehow. Did I really need all of this?" she gestured toward the straps.
"It's an odd procedure, but it's all needed. The limiter is a sensitive device. You need to be absolutely still when it is inserted or it will at best not work and at worst cause damage. And I wasn't going to knock you out for what is essentially a shot." He says as he cleans the odd gun-like thing and puts it in a drawer. "Are you all packed?"

"Yeah, I've been packed since yesterday. It's all there. Do I really have to go?" She says as she fixes the last straps on the prosthetic arm and tilts her head toward a large backpack. She flexes the fingers to make sure she got the connections right.

"Eira, you turned Death Valley into a glacier. I'd say the answer to your question is yes." Another woman entered the room. She had dark hair and looked rather exhausted.

"Hi mom." Eira responded. "I already said I was sorry about that though! I didn't mean to..."
"...and that's our point! You've pushed your powers so far you can't control them anymore! We aren't punishing you. We're all just concerned for you!"
"You're dad's right. This isn't a punishment, it's a vacation. You just need to take a step back from all the world eating space monsters and elder deities and whatnot until we figure out how to get your powers back under your control." She gives a tired smile. "Even with all of that going on, you can trust we have things in hand. The world will not explode while you are gone."
"Welllll..."
Eira's mom, Tempest, jabbed him in the side with her elbow. He snickers in response. "We are capable of handling things while you are away. If you're ready, we should say goodbye now."
"Yeah, if we wait too much longer the portal might miss it's mark." The Lycan was now looking at some screens with a variety of charts, maps and scales on it.
"All right." She reaches down and grabs her bag, slinging it over her shoulder. The Lycan pressed a few buttons and a portal opened up.
"Oh! I almost forgot!" he grabs something from his desk and gives it to Eira. "Here. You should have this."
"Your utility belt? Don't you need it?"
"I have others." He looks back at the screen. "Oops! We're taking too long! Better say goodbye or you might end up in someone's backyard!"

Eira finished saying goodbye to her parents. She gave them one last hug and a wave before stepping through the portal to another universe entirely, unsure of when she would be returning.

---------------------------------------

On the other side of the portal, the winds started to pick up. A spinning ring of light appeared in Kaylee's back garden. Inside this ring, space began to distort and twist until it melded with parts unknown. With a bright flash and a burst of wind, Eira stepped through and into the garden carrying her bag behind her. She looked around and realized that she had, in fact, ended up in someone's backyard. She knew her dad would laugh at the coincidence, but right now she had bigger problems. She was clearly nowhere near her intended destination. She walked forward as the portal started to close.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's eyes were drawn to the commotion that had suddenly whipped up, one of her eyes twitching, "Threattemporallyretracted." She said, almost matching Sandy in speed. The twitching stopped when a thought entered her mind, that this would potentially take everyone's minds off the scuffle. She turned to Kaylee quickly, a too enthuisiastic smile upon her face, "Sooooo... Shall we check it out?" While she spoke she kept glancing the way of the now ended spectacle. She was eager to see what it was, it would probably dissipate the atmosphere and maybe even give her something to smack with ice, a win win for Mandy.

(post made with the assumption Eira appeared around a corner and out of sight aside from the portal's flashiness, if wrong please correct me)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee nodded to her friend. I think we'd better," she said, "coz I'm not taking the blame for those winds! I think that was the garden so...". She took off at a run through the house, stopping only at the back door which she opened whilst winds whistled in the house. "Who the sod are you," she asked the new arrival.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean...!" She started apologizing for trespassing, when she looked up and paused on seeing two cats addressing her. This was far from the weirdest thing she's seen, so it didn't shock her too much, but she couldn't help feel as if this was some kind of joke. She wondered if her "uncle" had anything to do with this. "Umm... My name is Eira. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to trespass. I'm... a little lost." She didn't think they would buy it.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!