SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Legotron123

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by Legotron123 »

"Alright, this conversation is just starting to go in circles." The Captain said, trying to stop the three before an argument broke out. "Regardless of what my wording may have led you to believe, I was only referring to your normal weapons." She jotted some notes down on the report. "Still, the info about your blocks is useful, and the type of block might actually bode well on your chances, since it doesn't prevent you from thinking about it. I've heard blocks that prevent you from thinking a certain way tend to be viewed poorly, something about "intentionally sub-par mental capabilities." But anyways, back to testing. What sort of communication capabilities do you have? Are you able to transmit and receive information wirelessly?"

---MEANWHILE---

To say Lewis didn't expect Andy's question would be an understatement. He was barely able to suppress his laughter, resulting in a noise that sounded vaguely like an elephant, eventually calming down enough to answer the kids question. No Andy, we are not going to "kissyface." Even ignoring the age gap, I am not one for such public displays of affection."
Last edited by Legotron123 on Wed May 03, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Yes Ma'am. I can hear electromagnetic signals and I can send and receive messages, and I can turn this ability on or off."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Like tha', is it," Sarah asked before dropping her long tail heavily into Cailean's lap and producing a flawless run on the game.
Now it's Cailean's turn to lose control and his little blue hedgehog bounces off two springs and lands squarely on a set of spikes, setting him back significantly.
"Jus' like ye Brits tae play dirty." he teases.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That facility would be best... switched off," Corp said, grimacing as a short wave of pain decided to make itself felt. "And I'd want a second level installed to prevent anyone remotely accessing... the wireless capability remotely." Corp kept himself upright on the bannister.
-------------------------------------
"Only when I 'ave to," Sarah whispered into Cailean's ear after moving in close. looked over in Conall's direction.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I can't turn off my hearing, but I already disabled my ability to send or receive messages."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I can do that," Chris replied to Corp. Technically once they determine you to be sentient, it's your call whether it stays or goes. Until then... He thinks to MT.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"You most certainly can't!" MT replies out loud. "There is no ala carte options for my hearing, as my 'ears' put it all together and send what I hear as a single signal. The only way to turn off my ability to hear radio signals is to turn off my ability to hear. I'd be unable to hear alarms, orders, speaking, and people nearby, all of which I need to be able to hear to function properly."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"If you, uf, can find a way to minimize the risk of rogue radio signals taking you over, uf, without compromising..." Corp gritted his teeth and gripped the rail tighter. "...your hearing beyond tolerance, it would be appreciated."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

I mean, I was talking about blocking remote access because I kind of understand the necessity behind it.
Plus you've got to have frequency filtering settings somewhere. If not I'm sure I can figure it out.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT laughed a little. "I thought that might be the reason. I'll be honest, I was a little confused at first. You don't have to worry about it. You can't establish a connection through my ears. They aren't wifi. They don't have any networking protocol in place. They just happen to be able to convert some of the electromagnetic spectrum into sound is all." MT took note of Corp's condition. "Are you alright, sir?"
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Only when I 'ave to," Sarah whispered into Cailean's ear after moving in close. looked over in Conall's direction.
"What's th' matter? Ye keep lookin' at him. Is somethin' botherin' ye?" Cailean asks, pausing the game.

~~~~~~~~
A blip in his visor will indicate that Corp has received an email and if he opens it up he'll find a notification that forensics have found the device that was jamming the teleportation signal in the boys' old corridor, a few details about how clever the hide was, and that it's been sent to the on-board lab for processing.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Barry Stephens a woke the next morning with quite the headache, the previous night was a bit of a blur to him still. That was always the case though when he just woke up, he should probably check on that with a doctor. After a half hour of staring at the ceiling his head cleared up, the day before returning. Luckily, today was a day off for him, no guard duty. His friend Sam was gone though, he had decided to stay on that station. Barry would need to find a new friend, he wasn't desperate for one, he could occupy his time somehow for the day. He was still new to the ship, might as well explore it more.
Getting dressed and cleaned up he left his room and began to wander the halls, he had been so distracted last night trying to set up and build the robotic pet dragon he had bought that he missed out on a few hours of activities. A nice cup of coffee while he caught up on any emails and alerts would be good, but perhaps he should check on those patients he saved, maybe the collies he met first, they did seem nice after all.

With a little research he found that the two were now moved to a new room, he hoped that Corp wouldn't mind that he was using his guard tools while off duty, he probably did however.
The collies room was a short walk from his destination, reaching the door he noticed something "Where is the guard that is said to be here?" He thought to himself, he knocked on the door and waited.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Jus' seems 'e's 'avin' an 'ard'r time that you, me ducks," Sarah said, scritching between Cailean's ears. "It's gotta be 'ard on 'im." She sighed. "'S'e ever consid'r'd Cochlear implants?" She stopped as the door egistered someone knocking on it and turned the video relay on. "Who's this," she asked.
-------------------------------------------------------
"Ysterdays injuries," Corp admitted to the mech before sending a curt 'thank you' to forensics.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Barry sighed to himself, he didn't realize or figure that they would be in a more secure room, now what would he say? "I am Lieutenant Junior Grade Barry Stephens. I was wanting to check on the boys and see if they were alright, say hi and such. I met them yesterday."
RP Characters:
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT tried to nod in acknowledgement, but remembered he does not have control over his movements. "I hope you recover quickly, sir. Is there anything else you need to know?"
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It's hard on us both." Cailean replies. "Aye, he has but-" he breaks off as there's a knock on the door.
"Oh. It's Barry. He went in and pulled us oot o' th' gas despite nae havin' a proper mask himself. Had tae spend some time in th' medbay himself because o' it. He's a guid friend." Cailean tells Sarah quietly, unsure whether or not the microphone is on and Barry can hear them.

Meanwhile, Conall hasn't realised anyone is at the door and continues to be transfixed by his computer although his eyes aren't really seeing the screen.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sarah nodded to Cailean and crossed to the computer to sit behind the monitor. "Stand still f'r weapons scan," she told the officer outside as a slot opened beside him for his weapons. "Ye don' get in wi' any weapons on ye. Put 'em in the draw and get 'em back when youse leave, like." She set the x-ray and power scan going on the officer.
---------------------------------------
"Nothing more I need to know that's provable here." Corp grunted, finally deciding to go back to the chair before any Doctors appeared in flaps. "You're either showing intelligence and concern or a good... uf... facsimile of both. I know what I think but..." He lowered himself back into the seat. "I leave it to the people stupider than me with better qualifications to decide which."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Thanks... I think." MT said, believing he meant that as a good thing, but without being sure. "If that's everything, can I have control of my body back now? It's kind of weird not being able to move anything on my own."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Agreed. We need to get started on the scans anyway. It's barely nine and these won't be short given the complexity of your system."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

All right. Prepare for disconnect. With the permission now given to him by Chris, MT began to disconnect the neural link. He regained control over his motor skills and other systems and Chris was able to move his own body again as well. MT undid the straps and braces on the pilot's chair that held Chris in place, then opened the cockpit door to let him out.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris hopped out of the mech, "That was... an experience. Probably the best neural linkage I've had the pleasure of experiencing." He swept a hand back towards his office, "Captain, if there is nothing else?"
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sarah nodded to Cailean and crossed to the computer to sit behind the monitor. "Stand still f'r weapons scan," she told the officer outside as a slot opened beside him for his weapons. "Ye don' get in wi' any weapons on ye. Put 'em in the draw and get 'em back when youse leave, like." She set the x-ray and power scan going on the officer.
---------------------------------------
"Nothing more I need to know that's provable here." Corp grunted, finally deciding to go back to the chair before any Doctors appeared in flaps. "You're either showing intelligence and concern or a good... uf... facsimile of both. I know what I think but..." He lowered himself back into the seat. "I leave it to the people stupider than me with better qualifications to decide which."
Barry smirked, "Weapons? Should I take my arms off?" he chuckled "I am teasing I promise." He didn't have any weapons on him today, being as it was his day off he didn't feel the need to, besides, he wasn't at a space station, he didn't need to carry an emergency pocket knife or anything.
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"A'reet, p'r'pare yerself fer a lotta static cling, fella." Sarah ran the scans over the unknown individual and, after it finished, she set the door to open. She stepped to the left of the console and unclipped her holster, making sure she was able to draw her weapon quickly. "Enter," she said, getting ready to close the door after he entered.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris put a finger to his ear, "Grab a console cable and drop it off by my office will you and warm up the coffee pot. It's gonna be a night." He switched off the channel and tuned to his office AI, "Open up my scanning software and a notepad, will you?"
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"A'reet, p'r'pare yerself fer a lotta static cling, fella." Sarah ran the scans over the unknown individual and, after it finished, she set the door to open. She stepped to the left of the console and unclipped her holster, making sure she was able to draw her weapon quickly. "Enter," she said, getting ready to close the door after he entered.
Barry entered into the room, "Hi, I don't think we met, I am kind of new here still". he waved to Sarah then looked at the brothers, "Glad to see you to back up and about, feeling better I hope?"
RP Characters:
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT walked into Chris's office, having already shifted to his quadrupedal stance. "Where do you want me, Chris?"
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As Liz watched the mech walk away, hesighed before looking at Corp. "Well I certainly think he'll pass." She said, a look of vague optimism on her face. "Granted, it's always possible there's some weird mental block buried deep in his programming that disqualifies him, but that's something the Council will figure out. Anyways, how about we start the drill now?"

---MEANWHILE---

After about four minutes of wandering through the maze, the two groups would eventually meet up at the exit to the third floor, with the young couple arriving around twenty seconds before Lewis and Andy. As the lieutenant walked out of the maze, the two lovebirds would notice that his left hand never left his nose. "Alright, I think we're done here, let's just move on to the next floor." He said, seeming oddly frustrated about something.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Same," Corp huffed, keeping apace with the Captain, "but it's up to the educated idiots now." he nodded in acceptance of the Captain's decision and tapped his comm. "Chief Davidstowe to Ensign Seena."
<<Seena here,>> Cherry said from the bridge.
"Count two minutes and begin the drill."
<<Wilco.>>
Corp cut the link. "Gives US time to get to positions," he stated.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Are you alright, sir," Keeva asked as they headed upstairs.
"Ooh," said Andy, who'd sprinted up ahead of them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ah'm Janes," Sarah said, still on combat alert as she ran her eyes down this newcomer as he computer had done his file. "Licensed Bodyguard."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

"See, it's that kind of antiauthoritarian behavior that's keeping you from being the Captain of your own ship." Liz said as they walked towards the Bridge, fully aware of how weird that sounded when you were talking about Corp. "These aren't just a bunch of bureaucratic nutjobs who only care about crossing their t's and doting their i's. These are people who've studied AIs for years. They know all the ins and outs of their programing, they have experience with this stuff. If they declare an AI sapient, and then she goes and helps a group of bank robbers because her programing says that's the safest way to save the hostages they've taken, They're the ones who have to take the blame. Plus at least a third of the Council are AI themselves, so they have a vested interest in making sure nothing slips through the cracks.

---MEANWHILE---

"I'm fine." Lewis grumbled out as they climbed the stairs to the final floor. "I just uh, smelled something rotten back there, so I'm trying to um, trying to get it out by smelling my fur instead. Yeah, that sounds believable." As Lewis lied badly, the group found themselves at the entrance to a sort of obstacle course. Two rotating tunnels marked the entrances for two separate lanes, seemingly designed for allowing two people to race each other to the exit, where they'd find a slide that would take them back outside. There was also a third lane in the middle, for someone to either scout out the track or cheer on any of their friends that might be racing. Lewis turned his head to look at the other, and tried to change the topic away from his nose. "Anyone feel like racing each other?"

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"All those qualifications," Corp admitted, "and I wouldn't trust a single one of them to Captain a ship. You need life experience for that, not books alone, Captain. I'd take your word over ten of them any day."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you can stand being beaten by a lady," Keeva shot back with a wide grin. Time to test her fitness again...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris followed the mech back to his office, "That platform in the corner, stand on it and don't move." He made his way around his desk and typed a few parameters into his computer, "Please stand still for the duration of the scan. It's like an Xray but a bit higher on the electromagnetic spectrum so that it penetrates metal and stuff like that. This thing can look through lead like it was paper. If you want to turn off your hearing, this might be loud for you. Alright, 3. 2. 1..." He pressed the enter key. A low hum filled the air for a few seconds before shutting off. "Now if you could just lay down, legs out, I need another angle so I can do part matching. Plus I can use it to make a 3D model for presentation reasons." He copied the same parameters from the last scan into the current one and pressed the enter key once more. The same hum filled the air.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT complied with Chris's instructions. Once the scans were done, the computer compiled them into a model on the screen and a list of recognized parts. All of the necessary components were there. The large main computer seemed to be split into parts and housed in many different parts of MT's body, each one with it's own cooling system more advanced than anything standard for modern times. All of the weapons slots were empty, as would be expected, and his reactor was at work processing fuel cells. There were a few things however that stood out. The computer could not recognize the compound MT's armor consisted of. Also, six separate objects surrounded the reactor core, and were apparently attached to it. Three of these seemed to go together to form a hollow cylinder, like the barrel of a gun. The other three were extremely complex in design. They also seemed like they would fit together, albeit in a much more confusing way like a puzzle. All six of these objects were attached to what seemed like rails that, were they also not split into parts, would lead up to MT's 'neck' and into the back of his 'mouth.'

MT tilted his head up. "Do you have everything? Can I see the scans?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris shrugged, the computer had done most of the work, all that was left was a few inner parts that were unidentifiable. Not a task he was looking forward to. "Be my guest," He said, stepping from behind his desk and bringing his hands up in front of him. He spread them wide, a holographic image of MT appearing in front of him, "There are a few unidentified parts. If you can tell me what those are, I might be able to get off work faster than I anticipated. Maybe even get a full nights sleep."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT got up and walked over to the computer. He noticed the unidentified items on the list, starting with the armor. "The material my armor is made out of is called 'Thermosteel.' It's made using subatomic engineering to create a material that has a heat resistance that is impossible in nature. This material can be hit with high intensity lasers without bursting into plasma. In theory, you could send it through the heart of a blue star and it wouldn't melt or distort. The downside is that, like I've said before, it's brittle. A bad hit from a large projectile will cause it to break." He turned his attention to the six unidentified objects. At first, he didn't really know what to make of them. Then he saw how they would all fit together. He got a feeling of relief as it was obviously not a bomb or self-destruct mechanism. "These," he pointed to the three cylinder parts, "Are parts to the barrel of an old style energy cannon. But there doesn't seem to be a... Wait..." He suddenly felt afraid again. He recognized the other three parts now. This was something that was in development when he was in training. He didn't know they put one inside of him! "These. These are the parts to a prototype energy siphon. This one specifically is designed to target the energy contained in an object's rest mass, but the limiter they put in it wouldn't do much. If this thing starts up, it won't stop until its target is completely converted into energy. This energy is then pumped through the barrel and, idealy, at the primary target. If done right, it would be a weapon that never needed to reload, but without a proper limiter, there's not really any telling what it will Security Clearance Level 3 granted. Unlocking files."

MT stood there confused. He didn't mean to say that last line, but it just sort of popped out. He checked his files, and found he now had access to several of the files that were previously locked.
Last edited by CyberDragon on Mon May 29, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Jacey wrote: Barry entered into the room, "Hi, I don't think we met, I am kind of new here still". he waved to Sarah then looked at the brothers, "Glad to see you to back up and about, feeling better I hope?"
Conall looks up, sensing the movement, and breaks into a smile as he sees Barry. He slips his computer back into his belt and waves hello.
"Aye, much better, thank ye." he signs, having read the dog's lips. "Haow are ye doin'?"
"Sarah, Lieutenant Barry Stephens. Barry... Sarah Janes. Sorry, it just occurred tae me tha' Ah dinnae ken yer rank Sarah. Sarah's frae Security like ye anywye, Barry. Did ye want a drink or a bit tae eat, Barry?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Janes said as the door resealed behind Stephens, "step in. Don' wear out me mat." She put on something approaching a real smile and made sure he was set to 'observe' setting by the computer as the drill began, the wall bars pulsing red. "Report in," she said, getting behind the console. "AH'll nae go t' battle mode yet but yer stuck 'ere 'till it's done, Stephens. That door ain't gonna open 'til this is done."
--------------------------------------------------
Corp pushed himself back into his office before the siren sounded once. The light dimmed slightly against the glow as Corp got on the line and started organising his teams, including Rhonkar's team to the bridge.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon May 29, 2017 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

The Captain walked onto the Bridge as the alarms started blaring, loudly ordering all combat personal to report to their stations for the drill. She took a quick second to assess the bridge crew, noting which ones were straggling behind and marking them for lecturing later. "All right everyone, you know how to do this!! If you can't handle a drill, you certainly won't be able to handle the real deal!!" She said, yelling to make sure everyone heard her over the sirens. She sat down in her chair, continuing to bark out orders as various off-duty personal began to come in.

---MEANWHILE---

Lewis was about to respond to Keeva when the alarm took him off guard. "Crapbaskets, this wasn't to start for at least another another 10 minutes. Sorry guys, looks like I'll have to leave early. This is a military drill, so you guys can stay here though." He scanned the room before he found what he looking for, a door to the inner workings of the funhouse, with a symbol on it indicating that it could also be used to leave the simulation. He walked up to the door and tapped on the symbol three times, indicating to the program that he wanted to leave, before opening the door. The passageway was filled with a swirling blue, meant to show that he had activated the exit sequence correctly. Before the lieutenant could step through it though, the blue started warping and stretching, extending beyond the boundaries of the doorway, before suddenly vanishing, leaving only the maintenance tunnels of the funhouse in it's wake. Lewis stood in shock for a moment before he tried activating the doorway again, but it refused to open again. "Um, guys? It's not supposed to do that." He said, clearly starting to get a bit nervous.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ooookay," Keeva said as the system played out its' game on Lewis and the rest, "that's never good." She stepped forward and gently moved Lewis aside. "In the absence of a toolkit, I'll have to try using my arm." So saying, she opened a socket on the lower section of the arm and ran two cables across to the entry point on the wall to scanalyse the system on the small screen beamed onto the wall from a tiny projector. "That's odd," she said as she examined the readout. "The only systems it's linking to are in this simulation. I'm getting no indication..." She looked up in confusion. "I'm getting no indication of the ship?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MT nearly jumped as the alarm sounded, but then he remembered what Corp told him. "Seems like the drill is starting." MT was worried. if it was only a drill, why were his own alarms going off?

He put that thought out of his head and started looking through the new files. There were a number of them detailing what the Firebrand is, but nothing beyond what he already figured out on his own. He kept looking through them.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris listened to MT's explanation of the unknown parts, marking them down as he went along. He was a little more interested in the description of the, until now, hidden weapon residing in MT's body. "I've got the basic descriptions down is there any-" He flinched as the sirens went off, signalling the beginning of the drill, he swiped a couple of screens over on his computer and got on the group audio feed for his shop, "Alright everyone, to your stations. Pretend like you're prepared for wrecked ships,
broken blasters, that sort've thing."
He turned back to MT, "So, by that last sentence, I assume there's more documentation on it now?"

---------------

Elsewhere a doctor was sitting on a stool, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees. "Are you ready,
Doris? There usually aren't but one or two injuries during drills, mostly sprains or stuff. Doesn't mean we won't get something bad."