HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Deske »

Noah stopped and frowned, "Wait a minute.
Why am I going to the theater? I can just stream it from the home system that should be set up by now."
He didn't know why he even decided to go to the theater. He rarely did it even when his life was "normal". He turned around, "I'll just watch it back home. I don't think Rig's ever seen a movie before. Have fun you two." He smiled to himself and headed back to the house, forging a mental debate with himself about how absorbing one of Sandy's memories would affect him. Would it multiply and overwrite every one of his own? That'd be pretty cool. Absolutely terrifying, but still pretty cool. I wonder if that's even a thing. Maybe it could be a thing...

----------

Rig tilted his head at Amanda, "I did not think humans lived that long. She does it with magic?"
Last edited by Deske on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

There was a bit of a frown on Amanda's face at Rig's question, having thought she answered that yesterday, "Yes, it's a very interesting workaround. And she's most definitely feline. The human side of the family isn't as magically inclined as my biological family."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I am sorry for assuming she was a human," He said apologetically. "What kind of research does your clan do? I have been interested in learning more of the world around me."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"People keep popping out of existence on us, today," Jake said, noting Noah leave. "It's either my Cologne or the universe wants us to have time alone, Bonnie.". He smiled. "And I'm not wearing Cologne."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Ladies," Yensid sings, kneeling next to Kaylee and Amanda, placing his hands on their shoulders.

"And gentlemen," Retlaw sings as well, placing both his hands on Sandy's shoulders.

"It's time for a party," they smile suavely, before laughing to themselves and sitting down on the ground next to Amanda.

"What're we all talking about out here? We fell asleep again."

(The song these dorks were singing is "Time For Tea" by 11 Acorn Lane)
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hi again, guys," Kaylee said lightly. "We're waiting on Socks and Sandy the Chinchilla. They're not to be disturbed in there but they'll be out soon. I hope."
------------------------------------------------------
Jake cheated. Knowing the route quite well, he went via the back passages. First he picked Bonnie up in his arms and, when she glared at him, he grinned and took off at half speed, hopping at fifteen feet length a time until they got close to the cinema, slowing whenever they were near a human. "Sorry about that, sweet lady," he said after putting Bonnie back down near the cinema. "Did you like that or do you never want to do it again?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"A little warning next time?" Bonnie commented jokingly, with an eye roll as Jake finally put her down. Mock-Glaring at him a moment later, though her smile ruins the effect. "It's not that long a walk, you just wanted a chance to show off."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course," Jake said, his eyes meeting hers before dropping slightly in mock shame. "Sometimes a guy needs to show off for a beautiful lady," he explained before smiling at her again and inviting Bonnie to join him in entering the cinema. He purchased tickets (and any snacks Bonnie wanted) and rested next to her as best he could in the seats.

After a moment or so he looked up and swallowed his nerves. "Bonnie, can I ask..? Would... Would you be offended if I, er, like, kissed you? You being beautiful and all and I can understand if you don't want to but I think I'd burst if I didn't ask...". He waited nervously.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"She doesn't know the important parts, that I'm sure of." 04 stated, her tone allowing no question. This cat was getting on her last fraying nerve at this point. Distractions hadn't worked, making him hallucinate doesn't work when he has a sense that can bypass it, trying to annoy him into leaving, or dodge the question with half-truths till he got bored was going nowhere... and were she honest with herself she wasn't far off from just snapping and resorting to a full memory rewrite of the irritating monochrome feline, the main thing stopping her was not knowing Socks well enough to make the planted memory a convincing substitute for the one she'd need to lock.

As such her response was spoken in a far more hostile tone than it needed to be, her cold demeanor finally breaking and giving way to anger. Still, she had one card left... "As for why, how much damage do you think my other half, or for that matter Noah, could do in the midst of a psychotic episode, with the kinds of abilities we posses? Like I said, those memories are dangerous. So unless you have come to your senses and intend to help me mitigate the damage already done, stop wasting my time."

- - - - - -

Bonnie couldn't be certain if it was endearing or annoying that Jake would pop up any time she reached to pull out her wallet. It's not like she didn't have an allowance of her own, and books didn't eat up that much of it. But she decided to roll with it by the third time, not even bothering to go for her wallet and just make a mental countdown. Besides after tickets, drinks, and popcorn, what else is there to buy? Sure enough, on cue he was there.

After they got inside and the previews started playing she was in the middle of taking a gulp of pop when he spoke up, almost choking and having rootbeer foam sting the inside of her nose from going up the wrong way.

"You need to work on early warning..." She coughed out, blowing her nose on one of the napkins she had grabbed before taking a minute to get some composure back. Giving him a quick peck on the cheek, she answered with "Why would I be offended?"
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'm sorry," Jake just about said before she kissed his cheek and his brain fell out of his left ear. His nerves picked up speed as his ears translated what she said next as "go for it" and he pulled his feet up onto the seat. "I thought it best to ask," he said as he shifted onto his knees to face her in the stalls. Slowly and carefully he brought his lips into communion with hers.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat May 06, 2017 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's frown vanished quickly, slightly in part to the paint duos strange reentrance, "Well, mainly magic of course, they try to reach out to different types of magic users to share knowledge, history and warn them of potential dangers of certain magic. Though their research on magically infused objects hit a standstill LONG ago. Most magical artifacts get thrown into the vault and it takes FOREVER to make sure they're safe as they have to test THAT specific one, or so I hear. And... you know? I actually don't know about any new advances. I'll have to ask the guard when we get home."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sensing her frustration, Socks decides to play along for a while.
"Sure. What would you have me do to mitigate it?"

~~~~~~~~
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Kaylee looked at Sandy. "Ooh, yeah," she muttered, recalling how Sandy had felt about Bonnie. She put a hand on his shoulder.
"Oh well. At leatht I thtill have you!" Sandy grins, suddenly giving Kaylee slobbery licks all over her face. He breaks off when the cartoon duo reappear though.
"Hey, guyth! Did you end up eating enough?"

~~~~~~~~
"Hmm. So are there human magic users then, Amanda? Or are they mainly pets and other animals?" Holly queries, leaning back on a paw with legs crossed as they dangle over Rig's shoulder.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I would think so. But maybe they are too busy to notice it happen, so they never focus on it so it gets lost," Rig comments, "Maybe that is why the people Lupa went to see knew about it. Because they were not so busy."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda almost let out a giggle, "Of course there are. Just a big coincidence that we're all animals and haven't had a run in with a human magic user, Miss Lupa technically excluded. Funnily enough, and only slightly related, you'd be surprised both by how many and few magicians there are in stage illusion. It annoys my family to no end that they can't figure out which ones actually use magic so they can share and exchange knowledge with them. Last I heard uncles Buck Eye and Roland were still pulling their respective whiskers and mustache over Penn and Teller."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah stopped at the fence and jumped up on top of it, swinging himself over to the other side and landing with a thump in the grass. He crossed over to where everyone was sitting and sat down next to Rig.

"You are back so early?" The wolf raised an eyebrow.

"Realized I could just stream it at home.
Kinda made going to the theater a dumb idea abecause instead of watching it in the comfort of my own home I'd have to sit in sticky seats listening to her complain and be generally insufferable."

"I thought you said she-" "-I know what I said!" Noah interrupted, "Least I don't have to deal with her if I watch it at home. Plus I thought you might enjoy it."

Rig chuckled and gave the cat a pat on the head, "Maybe I would."

Noah sighed, "So what're we talking about now?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee laughed as Sandy launched his 'assault' on her, She put an arm around him. "Ack! Dog slobber! Dog slobber," she laughed, pretending to try and push the Canine away, "Gerroff! Ha, ha!" She also regained her composure as the Paintbox pair arrived.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Oh well. At leatht I thtill have you!" Sandy grins, suddenly giving Kaylee slobbery licks all over her face. He breaks off when the cartoon duo reappear though.
"Hey, guyth! Did you end up eating enough?"
"Sure did!"

"It was all great!"

Yensid and Retlaw pull out their sketchbooks and Retlaw takes a moment to scan over Amanda while Yensid looked at Sandy. After a moment, they began to doodle their respective muses. Retlaw's picture was a cartoony Amanda, pie eyes and all, wearing a 1920s flapper dress with a fan shaped like snowflake, a feather headpiece, and pearls. Yensid was in the same style, but his looked like a video game cover! It was Sandy vaulting over a fence, winking with his tongue out, with a man in the background chasing after him. Sandy was wearing trousers with a patched up knee and suspenders, his bag flying behind him. If one would look closely, they would notice Holly in his headfur. "A Game of Dog and Mouse" was the affectionately chosen title, written in bubble letters at the top.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig shrugged, "They have been talking about if there are other magical people. They have been out here since you left." He nodded his head towards Yensid and Retlaw.

"Right," Noah looked over at the drawings the two had just completed, "Not bad. Glad you guys finally escaped the clutches of the trunk."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

As bonnie's lips locked with Jake's, she kinda froze up. Happy, and enjoying what was happening, but not sure what was supposed to happen after. That was the problem with only having prose and cover art from novels to go off of, rather than any kind of experience... metaphor doesn't translate to instructions, and a picture is just one moment.

In hindsight, spending four of the five years of her life among limited company had probably led her to neglecting a few things socially...

Not that it will matter for long, since her mood and being turned towards Jake meant her tail was thumping against the seat next to hers, annoying another patron with the repeated drumbeat like sound, who wasted no time in vocalizing his irritation at the duo.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jake wondered if things got better than this? As his affection for her channelled into her in a way far more intimate than those kisses he'd had off mom and his confidence flowed up and down like a manic barometer and... He had to break off as Bonnie's other neighbour complained. "Sorry," he said pleasantly before looking back at Bonnie, smiling and rubbing the side of his head against hers affectionately whilst chuckling. "Was that OK," he asked into an ear.
----------------------------------------------------
"That's quite an eye there," Kaylee admitted, looking under Rig's arm at the pictures. "Got little sis straight on. And you, Amanda."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda heard Kaylee speak and became intriqued as to what she meant. She looked over Retlaw's picture, amused by her cartoony self, "Quaint." She said happily, idly wondering about the sudden influx of people making artistic renditions of her over the past day.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Don't interfere. And don't give the others a reason to. This is going to be hard enough as it is." She states, some degree of calm returning.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Socks thinks about this for a while.
"I can do that." he states. "But on one condition. You give me your word that you will not harm the others be it mentally or physically and that includes modifying their minds without their permission."

~~~~~~~~
"Oh wow! Hey, there'th you, Holly! Thith ith awethome!" Sandy grins, tail wagging. Holly hops across from Rig to get a closer look.
"So it is. Pretty cool! I'm tiny though... So I guess it's true to life!" the rat quips. "Hmm. How would you draw me in a picture of my own?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"With a cape," Kaylee suggested to the pair. "Like the little hero she is."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"That is... going to make things, inefficient. And time consuming. I would rather not be awake that long... but, I suppose it is necessary." She grumbled, a scowl on her face at the feline's continued stubbornness."Fine."

Thankfully, the memory that most needs dealing with doesn't actually belong to the person who's head it's in. Hooray for loopholes. The chinchilla thought to herself, still scowling.

- - - - - -

Bonnie is holding her tail and slowly turning red as Jake apologizes to the other moviegoer for her, "Yeah it was fine... until I messed it up..." she comments, distractedly.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"How did you mess it up," Jake asked quietly, stroking her cheek with his paw affectionately. "I never noticed, sweet spots."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaylee couldn't help but notice curtains twitching across the road and found herself wondering what the neighbors were going to say about all this. And the winds picked up somewhat.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

No longer needing to think of answers, as the well of questions seemed to run dry, granted Amanda enough presence of mind to notice the change in the wind. She glanced over to Kaylee and took a few steps until she was fully beside her friend,"Eveything alright Kay'?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, I hope so, Amanda," Kaylee said, feeling the winds cool down with the support of her friend. We may want to be on best behavior though. The neighborhood is watching..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig followed Kaylee's gaze to the house across the street,
"What do you think they are thinking about us? Do you think they are soos- soospikyoos-"

"Suspicious," Noah said, helping him along the word.

"Yes. Suspicious." He repeated before mumbling it to himself a few times to commit it to memory.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, like we're unusual," Kaylee asked, putting an arm around Amanda's shoulders. "Especially if no-one teleports?" She glanced at Noah with an amused glint in her eye.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Hey woah woah," He put his hands out in front of himself defensively, "I'm not the one who teleports. That's his thing," He jerks a thumb at Rig, "I just so happen to be abnormally strong and fast for my size, thank you." The cat grinned jokingly.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Socks privately thinks that 04 doesn't have to stay awake but refrains from voicing the idea, and hopes the thought is stored in a deep part of mind that the chinchilla isn't watching.
"Good. Shake on it?" he asks, offering a paw. "Ready to head back to the others? They're worried about you. I can tell."

~~~~~~~~
"It's probably because of Rig, I reckon. They're probably not used to seeing wolves around here. Maybe you should flash your tag at them so they know you're a pet, big guy." Holly suggests.
"Maybe playing fetch would help! They might think you're jutht a big dog!" Sandy suggests somewhat naively.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'm not sure Rig's a game player, Sandy," Kaylee chuckled. "and, if he threw a stick for you, it could probably go through a house or two."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig tilted his and looked down at his own collar, tugging at the pendant, "Might be a good idea, Holly." He shifted it so that a little bit of light reflected off it towards the window across the street. He let it drop back against his chest, "I do not think I have ever played fetch. Did not have a reason to, I guess."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"If anyone asked YOU to fetch," Kaylee said playfully, "it'd probably be a warhammer, Rig."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Or Mjolnir. Kaylee would 'hear', a fraction before a grey fluffy ball latched onto Amanda.
"HIEVERYONEWEMADEYOUANEWHOUSEASAWELCOMINGGIFTFORYOURNEWHOUSEIHOPEYOULIKEITBIGDSANDY!"

- - - - - - -

"Actually, I'm way ahead of you..." 04, commented with a sly grin, before her appearance, and mental presence flickered slightly, momentarily feeling like she's about 20m away in the front yard...

She is actually holding out a paw though.

...a transparent paw if you look closely enough...

How long has she been doing that?

- - - - - - -

rather than answer, bonnie just lets her smile return and leans into Jake slightly, as the movie finally starts.

It takes less than two minutes for her to begin snarkily pointing out every single flaw in everything in hushed but no less enthusiastic whispers. It's like sitting next to an episode of Cinema Sins' "Everything Wrong With Movies" series.

Well, at least she's having fun...
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig lifted an eyebrow at Sandy's sudden entrance, his distrust of the chinchilla still on his mind. Quite the turn around, He thought to himself. There were more thoughts floating about in his head, easily read if they weren't hidden behind a language barrier. Still they all, more or less, pointed to one feeling, distrust. He smiled through the thoughts, "That is why we came here in the first time. To give you your house." He nodded at Sandy the dog. "Happy house day, I think."

-------------------

Noah too had some stray feelings of distrust, but they weren't as prevalent as the feeling of relief that washed over him. They had her back, hopefully, and that's all that mattered to him. He smiled and stood, sweeping a hand toward the doghouse, "Why don't we go take a look inside? Had a bit of an interruption the last time, eh?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda was about to offer to freeze the neighbors car wheels if they caused any trouble for Kaylee when she was caught off guard by the sudden hug. She gave a gasp and had to strain to keep her frost in, not wanting to cause any suspicion for Kaylee's neighbors, causing her temperature to drop slightly. It took a moment for her to compose herself before she addressed Sandy, "Nice of you to join us." She said, glad to see their friend seemingly back to normal, thoughts about the previous event missing amid the pleasant atmosphere.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Heya,... guys," Kaylee said, a little uncertainly as a friendly Tribble missile covered Amandas' chest. "How's it going? Where's Socks?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jake smiled and relaxed, hearing many of Bonnie's complaints. Maybe it wasn't the way he'd usually watch a film but it was still good. Still fun. And Bonnie knew enough that they probably should have used her as a consultant. Also, wasn't the ancient one supposed to be Asian, not Celtic? Never mind. He relaxed against Bonnie as she put her arm around him. After several minutes, he smirked and waited for her next comment. When she looked down to talk, he looked up and kissed her again.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Noah quickly wandered up to his now cured friend, "How are you feeling? Are you okay? I'm so glad that 04 character is gone. What a downer, trying to mess with my head just because I found some stray thoughts that she was manipulating you and it wasn't even my fault to begin with. All I did was show you that I wasn't lying when I said you were acting weird, I don't think she had to show up at all. Anyway I'm glad she's gone and that you're back to normal!" He finished with a smile, showcasing his elation.