2016/12/25 - Christmas Card

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
dryideabat

Re: 2016/12/25 - Christmas Card

Post by dryideabat »

Another enjoyable arc for the books. I liked the added insight into Fox's personality and the mistakes he made and learned from on the job. And when all was said and done, he made another friend with the greatest range of hug power levels (coming full circle from overzealously spine-crushing to therapeutically gentle). Now the open ending leaves the question of how those two colorful huskies are going to visit their semi-oblivious beloved.
Happy Holidays everyone.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eheh, I knew it could be only Mungo. ;) Ok, so he's not going to be again Fox's partner. Aww, it's so cute of him! :D That's the pink envelope found in the limousine, finally it's in Fox's paws now that the case is finally closed. Very good that's laminated, so it didn't get ruined. :) Come on Fox, a such happy certified big dog can't be angry at you. :D Phew, it was a gentle hug, Fox's back is safe. :P That's very good, Mungo fixed Sabrina's door, but, what about her credenza? :P Looks like you want to know more about Sabrina, Mungo, and what she said is interesting... :) I bet the text of the card changed, it really looks written on purpose. :P Can't wait to see the meeting between Fox and the two husky angels! :D
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

Dissension wrote:[ Christmas Card ]

Merry Christmas, everyone! Looks like things are just getting started...

Happy holidays!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

I wonder what goes into the semantics of a divine relationship. Does he get to visit them up in heaven too? How often do they get to visit? Does this ultimately end up in an arc where Fox has to convince everyone that they're not imaginary?
"What? Yes, two. Ones a green canine and other is pink and has wi- hey come back!"

Merry Christmas!
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Shockey Rai

Post by Shockey Rai »

Merry Christmas everyone!

Also...Dissension's avatar. lol
AWOOOOOOO! I'm a Werewolf!
laris

Post by laris »

Merry Christmas.
I'm glad Fox and Mungo patched things up, looking forward to seeing more of the two of them.
Urocyon

Post by Urocyon »

Isn't Fox and Mungo just the cutest couple?
No! Just no. That really goes against all of Fox's character building we've seen since the beginning: if Fox can't deal with his best friend being with a cat, then he shouldn't be able to deal with dating a guy. It just doesn't fit his character. Besides, it seems more like good (dog) friends making up than anything particularly romantic.

Anyway... good way to wrap up the arc (no pun intended) it will be interesting to see how Fox deals with the heavenly huskies!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Urocyon wrote:No! Just no. That really goes against all of Fox's character building we've seen since the beginning: if Fox can't deal with his best friend being with a cat, then he shouldn't be able to deal with dating a guy. It just doesn't fit his character.
Being a minority does not preclude one from being a bigot.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

I actually got a bit emotional from this one. And honestly i dont think Mungo's affection isnt one of romantic feelings. I just think as a therapy dog hes just ment to be overly affectionate in order to quell the stresses of crime victims. In this case hes just doing what hes trained to do only here, to help out a friend and fellow cop. I think Fox should hav a friend like Mungo to open up to and talk about his inner demons. And i hope good things start to happen when those cute angels come to see him.

Thank you Rick so much and Merry Xmas.
Urocyon

Post by Urocyon »

Being a minority does not preclude one from being a bigot
I fail to see how my comment could be considered bigotry. I simply stated that a romantic relationship with Mungo does not fit Fox's CHARACTER, insofar as we've seen it throughout the comic. In no way am I attacking LGBTQs, but as this is the internet, misunderstanding each other is common. I still stand by my comment.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Urocyon wrote:
I fail to see how my comment could be considered bigotry. I simply stated that a romantic relationship with Mungo does not fit Fox's CHARACTER, insofar as we've seen it throughout the comic. In no way am I attacking LGBTQs, but as this is the internet, misunderstanding each other is common. I still stand by my comment.
He meant that Fox being a minority doesn't keep him from being a "bigot".
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

HYPE.... that is all
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

My theory (and I will most likely be wrong on this) is that the celestial huskies will visit in the next Halloween arc. Because its widely believed the veil between the living and the dead is thinner at that time. Regardless of when the celestial huskies show up if both of them show up will they fight over Fox or will they share?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

they seemed to share in Heaven
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

SuperStar wrote:
Urocyon wrote:
He meant that Fox being a minority doesn't keep him from being a "bigot".
Adding on to that, one has nothing to do with the other. A bias against cats (of which, by the way, I have yet to see a solid example) does not automatically mean that he would be completely and totally against dating another guy.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
BringBack1996

Post by BringBack1996 »

I shall now attempt to make a substantial first post, marking the first time I will not be a lurker on this forum.

*Bangs fist on a desk in between every word* MAKE THEM KISS! MAKE THEM KISS! MAKE THEM KISS!

I digress. Really I could go either way as far as romantic options for Fox go at this point, mostly because one would make the LGBT side of me happy, the other would make the 'Kill the Love Triangles, Take Them Both You're Hardcore' side of me happy. Even if the semantics of the latter one concern me, not so much the long distance part of it, but...What would they have to do in order to close that distance, should they want to (and they will)? Do the Angel Huskies have to strike some sort of cosmic deal because those always go well, does Fox have to die, what what's gotta happen? Because surely they don't have free reign as to when they can come to Earth, they would've gone by now if they did.

Putting those musings aside, I'm going to guess they're showing up at Valentine's Day. You know, season of love, day of romance, all that jazz. I do see merit with the Halloween idea, but the letter does say 'soon'. Ten months is not 'soon', though perhaps Angels have a different perception of soon.

also hey hi hello you're stuck with me now congrats
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Naro Rivers wrote:Adding on to that, one has nothing to do with the other. A bias against cats (of which, by the way, I have yet to see a solid example) does not automatically mean that he would be completely and totally against dating another guy.
Except so far we've only seen him attracted to females. The kangaroos and him haven't met yet, so we can't say for sure whether or not he'd be against that kind of thing.
JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

What is even Rick Griffin's stance on Gay romance? Do we even know?
Welcome to HexCom: viewtopic.php?t=5602
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

The kangaroos Bruce and Roosevelt are an openly gay couple.
Urocyon

Post by Urocyon »

What is even Rick Griffin's stance on Gay romance? Do we even know?
It was stated by R.G. that Breel was male, and he was smitten with Keene.
Adding on to that, one has nothing to do with the other. A bias against cats (of which, by the way, I have yet to see a solid example) does not automatically mean that he would be completely and totally against dating another guy.
You're right, it does not. However, I would think, from Fox's point of view, that he would consider romance with them similar. I'm just saying that it doesn't feel like a natural fit for Fox, based on his current personality and existing love triangles, and that other characters, such as Keene would be a better fit for this kind of relationship.

In the arc Housepets! Babies, Fox is definitely anti-cat, and tells Bino to prevent them from entering the Club. Since then he has mellowed a bit, but his underling issues with cats were also brought up in this previous arc.

Enjoy the Holidays and have a Happy New Year!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Urocyon wrote:It was stated by R.G. that Breel was male, and he was smitten with Keene.
And what I was wondering after seeing this strip was... does Breel get to hitch a ride with them? Keene really needs to mellow out.

As for Fox and Mungo, there's no reason they can't have a professional relationship. Not all relationships have to be romantic.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

I never saw Breel's relationship with Keene as something more than platonic tbh
Brighttail

WARNING: A new site is coming

Post by Brighttail »

A wonderful and touching comic right in time for Christmas.

There is always the simple thing of a platonic and yet close relationship potential out there between Fox and Mungo.

Mungo strikes me as one who gets all huggy and feelie as he is a certified support pup! Everyone knows that huggy, feelie and scritchies are necessary (Keene was certainly feeling better giving scritches!) I get a feeling if there was something brewing between them, the pink and lime green husky might have said in their letter, "Go ahead, we don't mind sharing" or something like that.

As it is, I think it was a grateful hug, an appreciative and friendly lick with an offer to help Fox through sorting out his repressed feelings. Fox's first words after the hug was that he doesn't 'deserve' the affection/support. So we see how much Fox really DOES need it and the letter confirms it. Finally it is good to see he is acting on the contents of the letter and heading out to the party after all.

Let the healing begin!

Merry Christmas all.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

JageshemashFTW wrote:What is even Rick Griffin's stance on Gay romance? Do we even know?
Rick is openly bisexual and in a same-sex relationship.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Okay, so how are we sure that it's Mungo talking about his ancestry? How do we know that it isn't Sabrina talking about where she hails from? (I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, it's only that their speech bubbles don't specifically point to anyone. Also, didn't Sabrina make a phone call to her Dad in Africa?)
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

TheOne wrote:Okay, so how are we sure that it's Mungo talking about his ancestry? How do we know that it isn't Sabrina talking about where she hails from? (I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, it's only that their speech bubbles don't specifically point to anyone. Also, didn't Sabrina make a phone call to her Dad in Africa?)
Her owner/dad is an archaeologist working in Africa.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

SuperStar wrote:
TheOne wrote:Okay, so how are we sure that it's Mungo talking about his ancestry? How do we know that it isn't Sabrina talking about where she hails from? (I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, it's only that their speech bubbles don't specifically point to anyone. Also, didn't Sabrina make a phone call to her Dad in Africa?)
Her owner/dad is an archaeologist working in Africa.
Also, we know Sabrina was born in Malta, pretty close to Africa, yes, but still Europe
Frost SF

Post by Frost SF »

Yee!
I really don't know what else to say. I mean, I could say I'm ridiculously excited to see what becomes of the whole angel huskies thing, or maybe I kinda wanna see how a Christmas party would go down at Sabrina's place, or maybe that I kinda got jealous of that gentle hug. Or I could say how much I appreciate this comic and the way it works, always having a solid storyline and that characters stick to their, uh, personalities. I also could say how hilarious I thought the whole thing with Sabrina just up and forgiving Fox as soon as "Im sorry" was mustered, or that Zach literally seems to have an answer for every situation that involves opening something (we can thank Pete for that, right?). Oh yeah, speaking of Pete, where is he and Dragon anyhow? I read that they're having to live a mortal life but I kinda wanna see what its like for them, and, you know, what they are and if they remember being Pete and Dragon, and are they brother and sister or do they not even live near each other?
*passes out from lack of oxygen and grammar butchering*
Q. Frosty.
get it? Q Frosty... queue Frosty? eh? eh?
silver16

Post by silver16 »

Oh that...that is getting converted STRAIGHT into an avatar. :D

I think they have an incredibly cool budding friendship, and I truly can't wait to see Fox start to heal his inner demons.

On a less mature note, get ready for the biggest flux of fanfics since Fox and King. :P
“Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job.”
- Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

You know, it just occurred to me - what if Mungo is offering Fox to try out S.W.A.T?

I thought it was a silly idea at first considering how dangerous it can be, but then it hit me as a funny brick joke - Fox gets to be in on the action.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Argent

Post by Argent »

Not A Furry wrote:I never saw Breel's relationship with Keene as something more than platonic tbh
Tangled slinkies?

Oh, you know what would be cool, if Zach as "Opener of the Ways" was involved in the return of the angels to Earth?
Cyon

Post by Cyon »

Just realized: was I the only one to notice that Fox is wearing a 2 badges on his bandana, one pink and one green, before he receives the letter from Mungo? Where did he get those from?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Cyon wrote:Just realized: was I the only one to notice that Fox is wearing a 2 badges on his bandana, one pink and one green, before he receives the letter from Mungo? Where did he get those from?
The heavenly huskies when he first met them. The badges first appear shortly after he and King return from heaven.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Argent

Post by Argent »

Here's the first appearance of the badges, I think:

Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Awww I love reconciliations :D
And I'm such a fan of Mungo!

Merry Christmas everyone!