Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

Douglas Collier

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Douglas Collier »

Option 1 (minus the exclamation point - calm down, Echo!) then Option 8 (innocently, as if it was just puppy antics that drove you to run so freaking fast to close the window.) Calmly check under the sink for soap and wash paws, taking the opportunity to look out the window again at the pretty rain (or whatever else is out there).
Let's leave it at that for now, see what results that yields.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Option 1 is the most logical and we could assure them that nothing was outside.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

A number 1 and 4 combination. "Actually only rain was getting in. But why do you ask? Do you expect people in our garden during such severe weather?", then 7-2 - look out again and "No, nothing's outside" (if there's really nothing...), then wash your paws and get back to the table.

That's my idea.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

I'm with Render. It's kind of obvious why he would go over to the window when it's wide open during a storm. Why else would he go over to it?
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Render wrote:A number 1 and 4 combination. "Actually only rain was getting in. But why do you ask? Do you expect people in our garden during such severe weather?", then 7-2 - look out again and "No, nothing's outside" (if there's really nothing...), then wash your paws and get back to the table.

That's my idea.
I agree with this!
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Post by Mistacheeeez »

Yeah, Render's idea seems pretty good: investigating everything very subtley!
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

On second thought, I want Echo to say "Yes there's something out there.", just to see what the response would be, xD
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Naro Rivers wrote:I'm tempted to sit back and watch the chaos unfold, but I'm also curious about their response to option one: "Rain was getting in!"
Douglas Collier wrote:Option 1 (minus the exclamation point - calm down, Echo!) then Option 8 (innocently, as if it was just puppy antics that drove you to run so freaking fast to close the window.) Calmly check under the sink for soap and wash paws, taking the opportunity to look out the window again at the pretty rain (or whatever else is out there).
Let's leave it at that for now, see what results that yields.
HellishK9 wrote:Option 1 is the most logical and we could assure them that nothing was outside.
Render wrote:A number 1 and 4 combination. "Actually only rain was getting in. But why do you ask? Do you expect people in our garden during such severe weather?", then 7-2 - look out again and "No, nothing's outside" (if there's really nothing...), then wash your paws and get back to the table.

That's my idea.
AnimeNerd88 wrote:I'm with Render. It's kind of obvious why he would go over to the window when it's wide open during a storm. Why else would he go over to it?
Mistacheeeez wrote:Yeah, Render's idea seems pretty good: investigating everything very subtley!
La la la, drew on the wrong layer again, la la la~
Echo: Huh? Oh, nothing! I was just closing the window, the rain was getting in. Not that there would be anything outside considering how hard it's storming, right?

Mom: Oh, I guess that one's on us. We were so busy making dinner that we forgot to close the window when the storm started!

Dad: Sorry about that Echo, though maybe you should warn us before you decide to go running around at full speed. Thought you may have seen or heard something we didn't, you dogs do seem to have a knack for that.

Mom: I'm just surprised you still have all that energy after playing, I guess pups really do have unlimited energy! Haha!

Echo: Oh, speaking of playing I kinda got my hands covered in silly string, I'ma wash my hands while I'm over here.

Dad: Sounds like you three were really enjoying yourselves, good idea! The soap's under the sink if you need it.

You take this opportunity to check the open cabinet. You see dish soap, fabric softener, regular soap, an origami duck, and a house spider. Yep, everything seems normal down here!
*You take the bar of Regular Soap*

As you wash your hands, you glimpse outside the window. Huh, looks like the storm's caused some leaves to fall.

As you sit back down, it falls silent. No one is doing anything-- well, except for Bravo, who's eyes are lazer focused on his plate:
1)"This smells great! Come on guys, let's eat!"
2)"Say, why aren't you two eating, Mom and Dad?"
3)"I'm not really hungry..."
4)Ask about the thing on the shelf
5)Press on the matter of how they got the food
6)Press on the matter of their response to you closing the window
7)Change Character
8)Improvise
9)Stay Silent...
ImageImageImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm going with option 7. And we switch to Bravo.
Last edited by Saturn381 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Looks like the mouse revolution has started up again.

I'm thinking option two, but switch to Charlie first so as not to arouse suspicion:
"Say, why aren't you two eating, Mom and Dad?"
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Douglas Collier

I agree with Naro. Say it's not polite to start eating until everyone has their food (maybe Bravo will notice that and settle down).
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Neowulf

Post by Neowulf »

Yeah, ask mom and dad where their food is, and if they don't answer properly ask where the food came from in the first place.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Switch to Charlie and ask about their food, make it sound as innocent as possible.
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

.......Was that a cheeky little Bolshlevik mouse outside?
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Yes, switch to Charlie and ask why they aren't eating.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Is it weird how I'm much more curious about the origami duck?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I fully agree with Naro and Doug.
D-Rock wrote:Is it weird how I'm much more curious about the origami duck?
Yeah, that's really nice, I also like the spider.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

D-Rock wrote:Is it weird how I'm much more curious about the origami duck?
I too find this immensely suspicious. As well as why the fabric softener is under the sink. :ugeek:
But I digress. Op#8: Ask about the box of junk on the fridge.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

People have made me think about things and now I have a suggestion.
As Echo, ask about the fabric softener under the sink, along with the origami duck. I'm not exactly an expert on these things in the slightest, but I feel like that stuff might be bad for consumption, and if it's in the kitchen, well, that's just waiting for disaster. As for the origami duck, I'm just curious about it.
I guess then just do what the others want. Switch to Charlie and innocently ask why Mom and Dad don't even have anything on their plate. Say something like 'You guys made it, so you deserve the first bite!'
(Also, I think the little thing that was outside was just a little army man. Doesn't really have typical mouse ears, and it's in a stance that suggest holding a large gun of some sort and is running into battle, like the usual green army men.)
-Monokuma

Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:(Also, I think the little thing that was outside was just a little army man. Doesn't really have typical mouse ears, and it's in a stance that suggest holding a large gun of some sort and is running into battle, like the usual green army men.)
I pointed that out as a joke. I think it's just a break in the leaves.

HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Wait, the origami duck and its storming outside. This is somehow going to end up like Heavy Rain.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

...So he found origami while there's Heavy Rain outside...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And here I thought the refrences were going to stop when the imaginate session ended.
Shadowstar23 wrote:As well as why the fabric softener is under the sink. :ugeek:
Not as wierd as it sounds. When i was little the house i lived in wasn't big enough to have a proper laundry room, so the washer was in the kitchen and we had a clothes line. That's where mom kept laundry stuff too, since that cupboard had a lock (all the cleaners were down there).
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:8)Improvise
shout "SPIDER!" Shriek like a small child and start acting irrationally.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Buster wrote:...So he found origami while there's Heavy Rain outside...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And here I thought the refrences were going to stop when the imaginate session ended.
Oh no, this game is FULL of references and easter eggs. :lol: Most of them almost always refer to either an even/character in Housepets! or the things the game was inspired by, some obscure and hard to figure out, others blatantly obvious. Though not all of them are just fun little hidden jokes, what things or info you get are up to you to decide what's important and what's not... though sometimes things are OBVIOUSLY jokes and I will judge you if you think too hard about it :P
Regardless, there's a lot of hidden stuff in this game, and it's all completely missable. Why did I put so much hidden stuff in a game you only play once? Cause I like seeing what you guys pick up on, what you miss, and how you interpret things. Long story short: I'm kind of a jerk :lol:
Shadowstar23 wrote:As well as why the fabric softener is under the sink. :ugeek:
...wait were do you guys put fabric softener??? :?
-------------------------------------------
Naro Rivers wrote:Image
Looks like the mouse revolution has started up again.

I'm thinking option two, but switch to Charlie first so as not to arouse suspicion:
"Say, why aren't you two eating, Mom and Dad?"
Douglas Collier wrote:I agree with Naro. Say it's not polite to start eating until everyone has their food (maybe Bravo will notice that and settle down).
Neowulf wrote:Yeah, ask mom and dad where their food is, and if they don't answer properly ask where the food came from in the first place.
SuperStar wrote:Switch to Charlie and ask about their food, make it sound as innocent as possible.
AnimeNerd88 wrote:People have made me think about things and now I have a suggestion.
As Echo, ask about the fabric softener under the sink, along with the origami duck. I'm not exactly an expert on these things in the slightest, but I feel like that stuff might be bad for consumption, and if it's in the kitchen, well, that's just waiting for disaster. As for the origami duck, I'm just curious about it.
I guess then just do what the others want. Switch to Charlie and innocently ask why Mom and Dad don't even have anything on their plate. Say something like 'You guys made it, so you deserve the first bite!'
(Also, I think the little thing that was outside was just a little army man. Doesn't really have typical mouse ears, and it's in a stance that suggest holding a large gun of some sort and is running into battle, like the usual green army men.)

Suddenly, Charlie decided to take his own initiative and spark up a conversation.
You noticed that Mom and Dan don't have anything on their plate yet, how strange! Maybe that's why Bravo said not to start eating?

Charlie: Say, why aren't you two eating, Mom and Dad? You guys made it, so you deserve the first bite!

Bravo and Echo suddenly looked in your direction, it seems they weren't expecting you to ask that. Bravo seems a bit more hopeful about your input than Echo though...

Dad: Wait, did we really not-- we didn't! We forgot to serve ourselves! First the window and now this, how silly of us!

Mom: Is that why you three have been waiting to eat all this time? How sweet of you~ We're so lucky to...

Mom: ...have such caring boys...

Dad: ...

Wait, what's wrong? They seemed hesitant. Why does everyone look so down? Did you say something wrong? What did you say? Oh no, did you mess up again? Oh no. Oh no. Why is this happening? Maybe you can fix it! You can make this better! But you might mess up again, maybe you shouldn't say anything. Why aren't they saying anything? Oh no. Why isn't Echo helping me? Oh no.
1)Wait for a response.......
2)"W-what's wrong? Is everything alright?" (Mental Check)
3)Change the subject
4)Switch Character
5)...
6)Serve them dinner yourself
7)Talk about anything else
8)Improvise
9)Just stay quiet
10)Wash some dishes?
11)Start eating
12)Signal others to start eating
13)Nudge Bravo
18)Don't Move
26)Inspect something
33)Play with food?
82)Wash hands?
145)Smile
171)Tell a joke?
Last edited by CHAOKOCartoons on Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

The image says Bravo's mental state dropped. Don't you mean Charlie?
Anyway, I say 6, serve them dinner yourself.
Neowulf

Post by Neowulf »

The suspense is killing me.
Ask them if everything's alright already.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

I'm just waiting for someone's mind to break and for that character to discover us as a result.

"W-what's wrong? Is everything alright?"

AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Hmm...I'd say a mix of 2 and...171...(I'll question that later). Ask if everything is alright, and maybe say that they're acting gloomier than usual, or something. Do something to make the situation less depressing, darn it!
-Monokuma

Douglas Collier

Time for a mental check! Option 2 now! The parents are getting guilty - they might talk.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

........in the room with the washer and dryer :?:
I say Op#3 Ask about the box on top of the fridge. Or Op#13.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

In a whisper, ask your brothers if they think everything is okay "money wise". Then Option 2 comes into play. After that, thank you parents for the food in a very positive voice and start eating.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

SuperStar wrote:The image says Bravo's mental state dropped. Don't you mean Charlie?
Nope, it was Bravo. Though maybe I SHOULD drop Charlie's mental state...
ImageImageImageImage
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

Option 2.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm going with option 2.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
SuperStar wrote:The image says Bravo's mental state dropped. Don't you mean Charlie?
Alright, I can see that. But yeah, with thoughts like "Did you say something wrong? What did you say? Oh no, did you mess up again? Oh no. Oh no. Why is this happening? Oh no. Why isn't Echo helping me? Oh no." you'd think he's be down a level or something.
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

I'm here again just to do one thing.
Point out this:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote: Image

As you wash your hands, you glimpse outside the window. Huh, looks like the storm's caused some leaves to fall.
Why is it specifically mentioned that some of the leaves are falling from the storm? Not only that, but it's in bold. Like it's something special and important. Now, this might not be incredibly important, as it could just be another reference. But the problem with that is...
There are no choice based games having to do with any of that.
The closest that I can think of is Heavy Rain because of the storm, and considering the other reference in this post references that, I don't think it's getting referenced twice.
SO HOW IS THIS GOING TO BE IMPORTANT?!?
I could just be overthinking this, though. That is an option as well. If you think I'm doing that please say so.
-Monokuma

Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Option 10 would be rather odd... xD

So I'd go with number 2, push your plate away a bit and then ask what's wrong. There's definitely something fishy.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Post by Mistacheeeez »

Is it weird that just now I feel like the bag near the carrots seems suspicious? I mean, it doesn't have a visible label, and I don't feel like you really need a whole bunch of seasoning for carrots anyways... I'm probably just crazy though!
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!
Douglas Collier

We should take this easy. We don't want to provoke the parents into closing off. I suggest we go for a kinder cuter approach with puppy dog eyes, rather than bared teeth and interrogation.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Sorry for taking so long, stressful week over here, got a bit destracted :roll:
Mistacheeeez wrote:Is it weird that just now I feel like the bag near the carrots seems suspicious? I mean, it doesn't have a visible label, and I don't feel like you really need a whole bunch of seasoning for carrots anyways... I'm probably just crazy though!
I'm sorry, I didn't take the time to come up with a tiny clever label for the bag, it really wasn't that important. :lol: I should be more detailed about things considering this is an adventure game though, but to be fair it would have had a label if you looked at it.
SuperStar wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
Alright, I can see that. But yeah, with thoughts like "Did you say something wrong? What did you say? Oh no, did you mess up again? Oh no. Oh no. Why is this happening? Oh no. Why isn't Echo helping me? Oh no." you'd think he's be down a level or something.
Well, that's just Charlie on a regular basis when it comes to stressful situations (by default). You'll notice that as things happen, I might update a character's file info. If they show a new trait, get an item, their mental state changes, or are unable to be controlled for some reason and you don't understand, I will go back and edit the first post (If I remember to, that is :P )
AnimeNerd88 wrote:I'm here again just to do one thing.
Point out this:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote: Image

Why is it specifically mentioned that some of the leaves are falling from the storm? Not only that, but it's in bold. Like it's something special and important. Now, this might not be incredibly important, as it could just be another reference. But the problem with that is...
There are no choice based games having to do with any of that.
The closest that I can think of is Heavy Rain because of the storm, and considering the other reference in this post references that, I don't think it's getting referenced twice.
SO HOW IS THIS GOING TO BE IMPORTANT?!?
I could just be overthinking this, though. That is an option as well. If you think I'm doing that please say so.
Being a bit skeptical to something vague I said or showed is an understandable response.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Neowulf wrote:The suspense is killing me.
Ask them if everything's alright already.
Naro Rivers wrote:I'm just waiting for someone's mind to break and for that character to discover us as a result.( ;) )

"W-what's wrong? Is everything alright?"
AnimeNerd88 wrote:Hmm...I'd say a mix of 2 and...171...(I'll question that later). Ask if everything is alright, and maybe say that they're acting gloomier than usual, or something. Do something to make the situation less depressing, darn it!
Douglas Collier wrote:Time for a mental check! Option 2 now! The parents are getting guilty - they might talk.
FancyHat wrote:Option 2.
Saturn381 wrote:I'm going with option 2.
Render wrote:Option 10 would be rather odd... xD

So I'd go with number 2, push your plate away a bit and then ask what's wrong. There's definitely something fishy.

Charlie: U-um, Mom... D-dad... is everything okay? What's wrong?

Bravo: Charlie, wait--

The room fell silent again. Mom and Dad just stared at the three of you for a moment, and then...

Dad:...

Mom:...Boys, are you... are you happy here?

Bravo suddenly sat up a bit, leaning forward on the table.

Bravo: Yeah! Of course we are, why wouldn't we be?

Echo: Y-Yeah...

Dad: What about you Charlie?

What? What a strange question, why would they ask that? Echo seems really nervous, and Bravo looks kinda upset. Do they know something you don't?
Well, now that you think about it, there isn't really much around the house anymore, the upper hallway and the kitchen walls haven't been touched since you've gotten here, your beds aren't really comfortable, and you it's been a long time since you've had a good meal. But then again, you love playing with Echo and Bravo. And even though Mom and Dad have been a bit grumpy recently, they always try to do things to make you happy.

Is it really that bad here? Are you really happy here?
1)Yes
2)No
3)Well...
4)...
5)Switch Character
ImageImageImageImage
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

(P.S. Are you trying to make my heart shatter into so many pieces that you have to use a microscope to see the largest piece?)
-Monokuma