Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

SuperStar

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by SuperStar »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Improvise by making it look like you're going to fight Vader, but as soon as his guard is down, kill "Palpatine".
I too agree with this. Palpatine is the target, we still wanna save Vader, but the Emperor needs to die now.
DigitalBrave3

Post by DigitalBrave3 »

AnimeNerd88 wrote:Improvise by making it look like you're going to fight Vader, but as soon as his guard is down, kill "Palpatine".
What he/she said.
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

Guys.. Look at that Exclamation point. It looks like "Vader" is going to swing from left to right. I say we duck, then we shiv "Palpatine" with the Lightsabre.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

FancyHat wrote:Guys.. Look at that Exclamation point. It looks like "Vader" is going to swing from left to right. I say we duck, then we shiv "Palpatine" with the Lightsabre.
To be fair, the exclamation point is a "Level 1 danger warning" as mentioned in the first post. It means that a character is entering a dangerous scene, or may be slightly hurt. There are 4 levels of danger to watch out for. It does not indicate where or how the danger will come, but there is a way to indicate where he's attacking from. ;)
ImageImageImageImage
Tales

Post by Tales »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
FancyHat wrote:Guys.. Look at that Exclamation point. It looks like "Vader" is going to swing from left to right. I say we duck, then we shiv "Palpatine" with the Lightsabre.
To be fair, the exclamation point is a "Level 1 danger warning" as mentioned in the first post. It means that a character is entering a dangerous scene, or may be slightly hurt. There are 4 levels of danger to watch out for. It does not indicate where or how the danger will come, but there is a way to indicate where he's attacking from. ;)
I see based on the pose that he will be attacking on "luke's" left. I say block (would that be swing? Basically intersect like a normal jedi), then proceed with the concencus on attacking palpatine.
My FA account: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tales19/

The best forum game in existence:
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Post by Mistacheeeez »

I think if you dodged his attack and went for Palpatine instead would be better than blocking because it would give more suprise and it would be easier to rush Palpatine if you were already moving, whereas blocking could lead to more fighting and you might not get the chance to attack Palpatine...

I'm looking waaaay too into this!
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

I say we go with Mistachez's observation of the situation.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Tales

Post by Tales »

On second thought, yes, I agree with Mistacheeeez

Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Fight "Vader" until there's an opening to go after "Palpatine".

"Vader" is going for a downward diagonal slash from left to right (from "Luke's" point of view). Dodge right, and "Vader" could easily use his momentum to follow through and still hit "Luke". Dodge left, and "Luke" could be jumping into the blade. I say "Luke" parries the blow and uses "the Force" to push "Vader" back and get some distance between them.

Whatever "Luke" does, though, we can't let him turn his back on "Vader".
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Improvise; use The Force to shut off Vader's light saber.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

I agree with Mistacheeeez
RedFoxWizard

Post by RedFoxWizard »

I agree with D-Rock. Shut off "Vader's" lightsaber with the force! It will reduce damage taken quite significantly.
Ice and fire magic? Does that result in a freezer-burn?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Improvise: Parry vaders sword toards palpatine.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neowulf

Post by Neowulf »

Go for option 4. Swing right to counter his swing. Fight for at least a little bit. Assuming this fight lasts more than one turn then we could use the next turn to try and whack the emperor like some have been saying.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Improvise: Yell "DISTRACTION" while pointing in a random direction. Then attack Palpatine while they're distracted.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Oh boy, you did that thing where you do something I don't predict you to do at all again! Pardon my lateness, I had to form a battle strategy against you guys :lol: Let's see how this goes!

-------------
SuperStar wrote:
I too agree with this. Palpatine is the target, we still wanna save Vader, but the Emperor needs to die now.
Tales wrote:I see based on the pose that he will be attacking on "luke's" left. I say block (would that be swing? Basically intersect like a normal jedi), then proceed with the concencus on attacking palpatine.
Naro Rivers wrote:Fight "Vader" until there's an opening to go after "Palpatine".

"Vader" is going for a downward diagonal slash from left to right (from "Luke's" point of view). Dodge right, and "Vader" could easily use his momentum to follow through and still hit "Luke". Dodge left, and "Luke" could be jumping into the blade. I say "Luke" parries the blow and uses "the Force" to push "Vader" back and get some distance between them.

Whatever "Luke" does, though, we can't let him turn his back on "Vader".
D-Rock wrote:Improvise; use The Force to shut off Vader's light saber.
Neowulf wrote:Go for option 4. Swing right to counter his swing. Fight for at least a little bit. Assuming this fight lasts more than one turn then we could use the next turn to try and whack the emperor like some have been saying.

You parry Vader's blow with your own. You begin to struggle against his lightsaber once more.

You quickly look back at Palpatine and remember who your true target is. You have to get away from Vader and continue the attack on Palpatine, but how?
D-Rock wrote:Improvise; use The Force to shut off Vader's light saber.
RedFoxWizard wrote:I agree with D-Rock. Shut off "Vader's" lightsaber with the force! It will reduce damage taken quite significantly.
Shadowstar23 wrote:Improvise: Yell "DISTRACTION" while pointing in a random direction. Then attack Palpatine while they're distracted.

You push away from Vader, and before he can react, you yell:

"Luke": LOOK, A DISTRACTION!

"Vader": A what?!

You then use the force to push his lightaber away from him while his focus is elsewhere. The lightsaber shuts off upon it's release.

"Luke": (Now's my chance! It's time to end this once and for all!)

You do a stylish 180 towards Palpatine and take a leap, lightsaber above your head, about to strike Palpatine down! But suddenly...

ImageImageImage

"Luke": Oh... ya know, I for some reason hadn't really considered that the Sith Lord might have been armed when I came up with this plan. Admittedly not my brightest moment.

"Palpatine": Oh I assure you boy, that was most unwise.

"Vader": Hey wait, is that mine?!

You seem to be in a bit of trouble...

1: "Live and let live?"
2: "I was just testing you!"
3: Attack Palpatine again
4: Turn towards Vader
5: Improvise
ImageImageImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I vote for 2: "I was just testing you!".
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

5: Distract your opponent with bad puns.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:But suddenly...

"Luke": Oh... ya know, I for some reason hadn't really considered that the Sith Lord might have been armed when I came up with this plan. Admittedly not my brightest moment.

"Palpatine": Oh I assure you boy, that was most unwise.

"Vader": Hey wait, is that mine?!
Oh, I suppose this was my fault, since I told Charlie to pick the thing up...

"Vader" is momentarily disarmed, but it shouldn't take long for him to retrieve his saber. This means that "Luke" is now flanked by two Sith lords. This is a bad thing. If he attacks "Palpatine" again, he's open to "Vader" from behind. Turn toward "Vader", and he's open to "Palpatine".

I say "Luke" strafes to one side, trying to keep both of them in his line of sight.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, this didn't work out. By the way, I was actually sorta hoping for this bit of silliness with my suggestion (flashing lights warning).

Alright, let's try to turn the tides.

We know that Palpatine had no qualms about letting his apprentice die if it meant a stronger one would replace him.

Improvise, get Vader to turn on Palpatine with this information, using the "conversation" they had as leverage from earlier. Vader was the one destined to bring balance to the Force, after all. A father-son team-up would be pretty cool to see.

Also, neat detail of having Vader recognize his lightsaber.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

D-Rock wrote:Well, this didn't work out. By the way, I was actually sorta hoping for this bit of silliness with my suggestion (flashing lights warning).

We know that Palpatine had no qualms about letting his apprentice die if it meant a stronger one would replace him.

Improvise, get Vader to turn on Palpatine with this information, using the "conversation" they had as leverage from earlier. Vader was the one destined to bring balance to the Force, after all. A father-son team-up would be pretty cool to see.

I second this. All of it, just all of it.
Tales

Post by Tales »

3! BUT: briefly turn off your lightsaber, move the handle towards palpatine some more, then turn it back on. Lightsabers switch on and off instantly, allowing this to be a valid combative technique. Also, while doing this, move your torso and head out of the way you predict the then-released enemies saber will go.

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Just be careful how it's worded, Luke wasn't all that pleasant to Vader, either.
DigitalBrave3

Post by DigitalBrave3 »

2. "I was just testing you!"
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

Vader needs to be on our side!

Also maybe the entirety of the Polish Winged Hussars, but we have to settle for vader!
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

I agree, You need to be allied with Vader. Just say something like "We dont have to fight father" or something to make him realize he's in the wrong.
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Post by Mistacheeeez »

HellishK9 wrote:I agree, You need to be allied with Vader. Just say something like "We dont have to fight father" or something to make him realize he's in the wrong.
How about saying "Come to the light side, we have cookies!"?(I apologise to anyone who has cringed at this comment!)
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I retract my previous, I say we try to bring Vader over to our side, on the promise that we(Luke!Echo) will talk to his face, and not vaguely refer to him as stuff like "My father" and "Anakin Skywalker"
Tales

Post by Tales »

I too, retract my prior vote in favor of teaming up with Vader.

AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Definitely do what Naro said and make sure they're both in you line of sight, otherwise we're in trouble. Try to get rid of Palpatin's saber, and if that doesn't work, just go on defense.
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Improvise: Increase pressure while saberlocked, then shut it off suddenly while side-stepping to the right. As palpatine falls forward, force push him into Vader, which will spark an argument. 8-)
Side note: I notice that Charlie's paper bag says "Dewit" :lol: .
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Shadowstar23 wrote:Side note: I notice that Charlie's paper bag says "Dewit" :lol: .
Now I'm tempted to start calling him Booker.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Shadowstar23 wrote:Side note: I notice that Charlie's paper bag says "Dewit" :lol: .
I was waiting for someone to comment on that XD . It actually says "Dew it" referring to the Game Grumps "Palpatine" bit, but the more I drew it the two words just kinda got closer and closer.
Buster wrote:Now I'm tempted to start calling him Booker.
ZING!
Mistacheeeez wrote:How about saying "Come to the light side, we have cookies!"?(I apologise to anyone who has cringed at this comment!)

Chaoko doesn't accept your apology, and gives Mistacheeez a BRICK'D. Mistacheeez knows what they did.

-------------------------------
Naro Rivers wrote:"Vader" is momentarily disarmed, but it shouldn't take long for him to retrieve his saber. This means that "Luke" is now flanked by two Sith lords. This is a bad thing. If he attacks "Palpatine" again, he's open to "Vader" from behind. Turn toward "Vader", and he's open to "Palpatine".

I say "Luke" strafes to one side, trying to keep both of them in his line of sight.
AnimeNerd88 wrote:Definitely do what Naro said and make sure they're both in you line of sight, otherwise we're in trouble. Try to get rid of Palpatin's saber, and if that doesn't work, just go on defense.

Luke manages to quickly step to the side just as Palpatine attacks. From this view, you can see both Palpatine and Vader.

Vader seems to have just retrieved his lightsaber. He's down the stairs that lead to Palpatine's throne.
SuperStar wrote:
D-Rock wrote:Well, this didn't work out. By the way, I was actually sorta hoping for this bit of silliness with my suggestion (flashing lights warning).

I second this. All of it, just all of it.
FancyHat wrote:Vader needs to be on our side!

Also maybe the entirety of the Polish Winged Hussars, but we have to settle for vader!
HellishK9 wrote:I agree, You need to be allied with Vader. Just say something like "We dont have to fight father" or something to make him realize he's in the wrong.
SuperStar wrote:I retract my previous, I say we try to bring Vader over to our side, on the promise that we(Luke!Echo) will talk to his face, and not vaguely refer to him as stuff like "My father" and "Anakin Skywalker"
Tales wrote:I too, retract my prior vote in favor of teaming up with Vader.

"Luke": Dad! I know I was kinda dismissive earlier, but we don't have to fight each other! Didn't you see how quickly he turned on you the second I showed up?--

You catch a glimpse of something bright moving towards you. You attempt to turn and block it, but Palpatine caught you off guard and his lightsaber manages to hit your shoulder. )It's a good thing you kept him within sight!)

"Luke": GAH!!

"Palpatine": Weren't you listening boy? Your father can never be turned from the darkside! You're wasting your breath! Deh-Heh-Heh!

ImageImageImage

Palpatine gets into a battle stance...
1. Swing Left
2. Swing Right
3. Swing Down
4. Brace self
5. Convince Vader
6. Improvise
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The ChaoKat is not amused.

Okay, let's get on. Bring up the Rule of Two, which will mean the death of either Luke or Vader, as Palpatine won't have two apprentices. Vader won't want to lose his family again, as it was in his trying to save them that he turned to the dark side.

As for the actual battle, it looks like Palpatine is going for a forward thrust. Maybe sidestep, but I'm not sure on how to counterattack considering the injured left arm.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm going with 6: Improvise.
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

I say we rush him, sidestep the sabre and give him a good ol' fashioned trench whacking! (AKA the beating over the head with either a blade, blunt object or just with ya bare hands)
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Tales

Post by Tales »

I second D-Rock

Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

--
D-Rock wrote:As for the actual battle, it looks like Palpatine is going for a forward thrust. Maybe sidestep, but I'm not sure on how to counterattack considering the injured left arm.
Yeah, sidestep to the right and Vader uses the force (I assume he also has the force...) to push Palpatine's attack to the left, so he doesn't strike Luke.
Vader also takes Luke's side with that action and Palpatine might be slightly confused.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
DigitalBrave3

Post by DigitalBrave3 »

Option 1?
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

..Sidestep, rush and trench whack Palpatine is my suggestion like last time. We'd catch him off guard, and probably get 'Im on an even playing field, if not just outright 'kill' him. I mean it worked for the lads in World War 1.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."