Phanerozoic Park

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Phanerozoic Park

Post by Deske »

Seiko followed the direwolf, "I suppose I'll come along. I want to see what's here, give myself some time to mull over these results."
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"I think I would like to join you as well." Iris said as she joined the group of canines going on the unofficial tour.
"Well, have fun, Iris," Ra said from his seat, "I think I'd prefer to just take nap in our room, maybe make dinner."
"Nothing too fancy please, you remember what happened last time."
"How was I suppose to know that you're allergic to garlic?"
"How about asking?"
"Touché."
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
TheWolfShepherd

Post by TheWolfShepherd »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Grant chuckled"well, from the looks of it mister duke they want to see some of whats to come. Although not my place everyone i do have to check on a few habitats. Should you like to see them you may join me and stay within the viewing areas. Behave and ill get you inside" Grant said smiling as he stood from his seat and stretched. The large wolf didnt want to hear anymore and went to the door. He knew this wouldnt end up so well but with time the group may see how nice it is here. Sure the day was getting late but as a security dog he had to do his daily rounds.

Once at the door he turned to the group."anyone interested?"
"If it isn't too much of a hassle, sure." The wolf said simply as she stood up from her seat and walked over to the direwolf, averting her eyes and trying to shake off the thought of Grant being hot.
Come on, Alexandra. You're here for a vacation, not to knock on one of the employees here! She thought as she walked over to the group that has already assembled.
-He Who Shepherd His Flock-
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

her chair having been bumped by one of the other pets, Buster was awake enough to notice thre group starting to form following grant and tagged along. Catching up to the others and falling into step next to a slightly grumpy looking fox, she tries and fails to stifle a yawn, asking "who seriously starts a vacation by talking politics... I didn't miss anything important did I?"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

"well, I'm sorry, but I genuinely want you to sign a non-disclosiure agreement before seeing the interior of the island. I mean, why exactly do you want to get on the nerves if the guy who runs this whole place, when you are currently in one of the best appointed resorts in the muffins and cookies world?!" He gestured around the hall which had a holographic projector, at the walls covered in art, and outside at where lines of animals were wondering around in prim and proper uniforms waiting for the guests to start going out and exploring the place. "Honestly, you clods, all asked for was your time and the agreement not to say anything about this place outside."
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Once everyone has joined him outside Grant would close the door on the "boss". He would sigh and smile to everyone. Before moving around the group a hand resting on shepard as he passed so he wouldnt bump her. And once at the front made a waving gesture to follow.

"Alright team, lets move before the sun sets. First stop will depend on what the workers are up to. Unlike my boss if you have questions i will answer as best i can. But i can say for certain that while with me to please MUTE or turn off your cellphones and electronic devices as we dont want to scare the animals and exhibits. Oh.....and uhh do follow directions please, as a security worker id rather be safe than sorry."

Grants explanation seemed simple enough as he moved him and group to the large electric fence and concrete barriers nearby to grab a small elastic band and set it around his neck and listen in on the radio and tracking signal it provided. As he waited for the next report he checked his collar and looked over the group with his arms crossed. His eyes seem to lock onto sheperd who he found staring some.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
hackle

Post by hackle »

The fox breathed deeply already regretting coming to the island, wondering what his pa was doing in all this glamorous mess, his ears flattened, his fur pattern looking like his ears melted
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Hackle V. Tremor ~Friendly foxy foo!! ^o^
22xander

Post by 22xander »

(oh, just a heads up)

Above the resort on the large and surprisingly mountenious island clouds are falling across the sky. It doesn't seem like much at first when the pets and humans were crossing the sea to get their, but it's already starting to look like rain. The wind picks up around those who follow the large dire-wolf outside into the seemingly Safe park-like section of the island that consists of this resort's entrance to the large middle section of the island they had been shown to be the Phanerozoic project.

Also, on the other side of the island, the humans were lead to another equally magnificent and larger resort. once they got their they would notice that their is a fence around the area staffed by both animals and humans, which is covered in signs warning that going beyond this point could be dangerous for humans. The group is given a similar introduction to the concept of the island, being a place mostly free of humans for abused animals to recover, without the viament dislike for humans Duke had shown.

They are not given any information about tje center of the island as of yet, and are only given a tour of the stately and well appointed resort, one of the five that dot the exterior of the island... And one of two open to both humans and animals. The other two so not allow humans, and their is one that doesn't allow pets which is suposed to be a source of revenue from the people Duke despises the most, humans who treat animals like possessions and have alot of money to bleed.

The humans also notice the storm that is starting to come, the sky turning prematurely black with clouds. This night isn't going to be good for the systems, that's for sure.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Putting her tablet away for now, noticing the fox's demeanor, "Hey... You okay?" Buster asked hackle, trying to sound as comforting as she could, all the while still following along with the others.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"Fine, whatever," Iris said as she got out her phone and turned it off, doing what the wolf had wanted. "It had better be worth it, though. I'd prefer to be in touch with my father."
Meanwhile, back with Ra, "I don't think they're going to follow your advice," he said with a shrug, "So, anything fun to do here not involving the dinosaurs and stuff?"
-Monokuma

Deske

Post by Deske »

Seiko lifts his nose to the wind and takes a deep breath, "Gotta love the smell of incoming rain. While getting a little wet doesn't exactly bother me, perhaps we should postpone this tour for tomorrow." He pointed off towards the darkening clouds, "Because, those clouds do not look like they're gettin' any friendlier."
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Duke rolled his eyes, not commenting on ra's mention of dinosaur's. "Well, lets see, is their anythint?" He pretended to think for a second. "How about world class food, the accommodations of a 5 star spa, 200 hundred all animal staff at your Beck and call? You will be treated as kings, free of charge of course, for the entire of your stay. After dinner we may hold a ball of people are interested, or drinks at the greatly appointed bar."
rodgil

Post by rodgil »

his ears twitched as a pet peeve of his was rubbed, having not chose to follow the group "Um, hello? Remember me. I asked a pretty decent question.." his voice with a lace of annoyance though not enough to be detectable
We are but candles in the suffocating darkness, gentle, beautiful, but deadly & ever consuming
Reaper Inkheart ~ Kavick Inkheart - blacksmithing tiger, S9, P8, E6, C4, I5, A6, L4 ~ sparty wolf, S)6 P)7 E)6 C)5 I)8 A)7 L)3
hackle

Post by hackle »

"Hm? O-oh. Yea, his temperament reminded me, of any peta member. I Didn't have a vary good run in with one who thought since I'm a rare looking fox that I shouldn't be living with my owner. who they thought caused my natural fur pattern." he huffed his shyness gone due to his anger & annoyance about their bigoted biased opinions
Social media, is just as much of a curse, as it is a blessing, & our government doesn't like being filmed so keep filming
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Heh. You sound like Dusty. He gets antsy any time he's not there to be momma's eyes." Buster commented with a laugh, but deciding the fox needed a hug all the same. "Don't worry, it'll be fine."

Duster would be miserable here... she thought, her mind drifting to her canine sibling. I wonder if there are any good climbing spots?
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Duke just sat back, generally trying to relax as the pets that stayed still continued to pester him. "You want to know the truth?" He asked as he got out a cigar and smoked it. "Because I have full respect in what an animal feels. If they want to stay with their human companions I will give them the same treatment the human government would give a possible abuse victim. While I may not like it, if I can't prove mal-intent I'm not going to take anyone away from anyone. The reasons I don't want humans on most of this island is that I've already got animals here who will go into a panic attack at the mere sight of any human, no matter how friendly they are. Do you somehow not get the concept of abuse?"

He sighed. Taking a puff of smoke from his cigar, and taking a sip from a glass of something brown he'd gotten from another animal. He tapped his ashes into a plate held by the waiting employee. "Look, I do-" he started to cough, and coughed up blood into a silk handkerchief, putting it on the grey with the unfinished cigar as the employee left. "I don't have humans, they have their place, and I know their are nice ones. Why do you think I invited you here? I need revenue, and the only way. Getting that is from your help... Or rather the patronage of your kind, the well cared for pets of the ritch or well meaning. I can't keep up operations otherwise."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Seiko sped up a a bit to catch up to the direwolf, "Aside from the not so extinct dinosaurs and a life of being catered to, what else is there to do? I don't know if I could simply give up on my current life of rock climbing, mountaineering, hiking, et cetera. I see the mountain near the center, or what I assume is the center, y'think I or others might be allowed to go crest it with a pack or summin'?"
hackle

Post by hackle »

The fox laughs softly "I'm a daddies boy. I'm not afraid to admit it. Though it's not by choice I keep thinking one of those monsters will find me... & I'll never see dad again.... " He huffedthe anger slowly leaving him"That fur sounded like them .."
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

Randall watched the sky intently, a sense of unease coming over him. "Hey, um, am I the only one noticing the Sky's takin' a rather dark turn." He said, his voice clearly showing his nervousness. "I'd say we got 10, 12, maybe 19 hours at most 'fore the brunt hits.." He said as he observed the clouds. He looked at the Dire wolf, his ears flat against his head as he spoke,"Ya'll got those systems on a backup generator or somethin', right?" He asked quietly, trying his best not to get himself worked up. He went back to looking at the clouds, feeling the slight gusts of the wind. "I pray this ain't what I think it is.." He thought to himself, trying his best to keep his nerves under control. He remembered one of his aunts telling his Pa about how one of those tropical storms had struck his aunt's town in Louisiana a few years back..He thought of the damage his aunt had described, and he couldn't help but feel that sense of unease grow. He was visibly shaken now as he looked away from the sky trying to think of anything besides the coming storm.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"Sadly, I think I have to suggest retreating." Iris said, letting out a huff, "Going out to see possibly dangerous creatures in the soaking rain...well, I don't think I have to explain any further, do I?"
Back with Ra, "You don't have to be upset with me. I'm just asking," He kept his mouth shut during Duke's little hatred of humans speech, but when he started coffing, he got up from his seat asking, "Hey, are yo-" until he seemed to trip over a table leg that was stuck in his way. He managed to tumble out of it pretty well, but lost his glasses doing so. "Um, any chance you could get those?" Ra asked, eyes closed, to whoever was still in the room.
-Monokuma

rodgil

Post by rodgil »

hoping over the table Rod picked up the glasses walking to the downed fur he softly takes dukes paw, leading him onto his feet, before placing the glasses into the K-9s paw, turning around to the owner to finish dukes question "Are you okay?"
We are but candles in the suffocating darkness, gentle, beautiful, but deadly & ever consuming
Reaper Inkheart ~ Kavick Inkheart - blacksmithing tiger, S9, P8, E6, C4, I5, A6, L4 ~ sparty wolf, S)6 P)7 E)6 C)5 I)8 A)7 L)3
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Yeah, but if you're always afraid of what might happen, you miss what is happening." Buster commented, her expression turning playful. Jokingly adding "besides, the expression is scaredy CAT. It's my job."
hackle

Post by hackle »

"I know.. heh, he." He laughed softly at the light joke, looking up he raised an eyebrow at the darkening skies.
Hotep the psychic

((Sorry guys was waiting on sheperd to post in case))

Grant looked around after hearing everyone about the wheather and looked up at the dark skies. Sighing he knew this could be bad but the island got rain like that so it was little to him as he stared he thought it may hit hard later and smiled. He moved to the grouo and chuckled"well the island gets rain from storms like that and i found we have time to see one exhibit vefore it hits and wed have tim to take shelter back where we came." Grant said walking along as he let the group follow him and the signs to the Anchiornis exhibit not too far away.
ImageImageImage
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"Thank you," Ra said as he took back his glasses, "Now, do you need medicine or anything, Mr. Duke?"
"*Sigh*, I guess if it's close by, it wouldn't hurt," Iris conceded, "But, as a warning, if they escape, I know I won't be dying."
-Monokuma

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Looking around at the doom & gloom expressions of some of the others, Buster has to try her hardest not to laugh.
"Pfft, wow, it's just rain." she jokes, not taking the weather seriously at all, having grown up inland never seeing anything worse than a summer rainstorm. "oh no, damp fur! this is the worst!"

Meanwhile, Grant might feel a soft weight land on one of his shoulders.
"Chrrrr?" A small voice chirps happily, having gotten out... again.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Seiko watches the clouds bearing the island, "I'm not worried about the damp fur, I'm more worried about the possibility of high winds and a large amount of lightning. Trees falling over doesn't sound like a good thing and neither does a blackout. However I'm sure this island has some protection against these." He turns toward Buster, "Still, I like the rain and it could go either way."
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"Not to mention the likelihood that the rain could short out a generator that's keeping an electric fence on, and then here a bunch of tasty morsels out in the open," Iris said in a strangely nonchalant tone, then noticing the thing on Grant's shoulder, said, "Sir, it appears you have growth of some sort on your shoulder."
-Monokuma

FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

Randall glared at Buster in annoyance, "It ain't the rain I'm worried 'bout." He stated rather bluntly. "Coastal storms and hurricanes can tear down anything if it's strong enough." He spoke as the unease he had felt earlier started to blow off. "I'm just happy we aren't going to be in that jungle when it hits, I am not going into the woods no more.." He said as he scratched the back of his head. His ear lifted up slightly hearing the chirpping sound. "Huh, what was-" He looked over his shoulder at Grant, jumping back in surprise. "Oh dear lord!" He yelped before steadying himself after nearly tripping. 'Great...I just made myself look like a fool because of a barely a foot tall flying chicken..' He thought to himself, facepalming. "Well, looks like the exhibit came to visit us.. He said curiously as he looked at the creature that had perched itself on Grant's shoulder.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
hackle

Post by hackle »

He looked at the creature ongrants shoulder his eyes a little wide "An... anchiovnies?, anchiornes... anchiornis." He offered a paw to mildly larger then average, bird like creature knowing about it's species though alway struggling with names of birds having bird watching as a side hobby to his main
Hotep the psychic

Grant blinked a few times when everyone started yelling abit....no only one. Though when he heard the sounds of something familiar he looked at the bird in his shoulder and smiled giving the anchiornis a small petting "heeey there. What are you doing out again? Causing trouble?" Grant asked gently as he turned to the group.

"everyone this is one of our Anchiornis. I was going to show you her at the exhibit but looks like he got to us first.dont worry those she knows she wont harm.....unless she wants to"
ImageImageImage
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

At the words 'causing trouble' the little creature shrank back, hiding behind her forewings. She didn't want grant mad at her... Grant was nice...

Then she noticed the others and shrank back further. Not as sure as she had been that they were just other staff now. What are all these? They're not from the island, when did they get here? She wondered, chirping in confusion and fluffing up a little when one of the strangers started to reach toard her.

-

Buster on the other hand was about to give a retort to Randall's comment when his overreaction to the black and gray bird-thing caused her to crack up laughing instead.
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"Hm, how peculiar," Iris said, getting closer to the anchchoirnis, possibly a little too close personal space wise, "How exactly does she leave her habitat so often? That is what she does, judging by your wording, correct? And if it's a problem with security, is there any chance it could put us in danger?"
-Monokuma

Deske

Post by Deske »

Seiko took a step back when the creature landed so as not to make it any more fearful than it already looked, "How interesting, I've never seen such a bird before. But for safeties sake I hope escape isn't a common occurs." He gives a nod towards Iris. "Still though, how exciting!" He took a step wards the bird, slowly and in its line of sight so as not to startle it.
TheWolfShepherd

Post by TheWolfShepherd »

(Let's play catch up!)
AnimeNerd88 wrote:"Not to mention the likelihood that the rain could short out a generator that's keeping an electric fence on, and then here a bunch of tasty morsels out in the open," Iris said in a strangely nonchalant tone, then noticing the thing on Grant's shoulder, said, "Sir, it appears you have growth of some sort on your shoulder."
"If modern generators are so fragile, then it's a miracle that the human race survived so long." Shepherd said bluntly. "Considering that electricity is a necessity nowadays..."
FancyHat wrote:Randall glared at Buster in annoyance, "It ain't the rain I'm worried 'bout." He stated rather bluntly. "Coastal storms and hurricanes can tear down anything if it's strong enough." He spoke as the unease he had felt earlier started to blow off. "I'm just happy we aren't going to be in that jungle when it hits, I am not going into the woods no more.." He said as he scratched the back of his head.
"Well, if the storm is going to be as big as advertised, I'm sure Mr. Duke would have taken measures to ensure that all the buildings are tightly secured. After all, weather forecasts are quite accurate." Shepherd replied. She was about to say more when the reactions of Iris and Randall cut her off.
"Well. That was a bit of an overreaction..."
AnimeNerd88 wrote:"Hm, how peculiar," Iris said, getting closer to the anchchoirnis, possibly a little too close personal space wise, "How exactly does she leave her habitat so often? That is what she does, judging by your wording, correct? And if it's a problem with security, is there any chance it could put us in danger?"
"Indeed." She looked at Grant, hoping for an explanation. "Are they supposed to be kept under locks and keys? How come could they escape so easily?"
-He Who Shepherd His Flock-
Hotep the psychic

Grant frowned some at Dee and smiled to the small bird before petting her gently as to keep her calm and Happy. "Awww its ok Dee your not a bad Bird your a very pretty and good bird."Grant said smiling before looking to the others.

"Ok one at a time no this one is ni Danger shes more curious and explorative than anything. Though she loves to take her time to fly around. Dee is one of the few thats going to be an out of exhibit animal with appropriate staff. I was gonna let her out myself for you all to see but someone did it earlier."Grant explained as he waves everyone closer to see Dee
ImageImageImage
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Calming down somewhat, Dee straightens up and flattens out her feathers, leaning into grants hand when he petted her. Watching the others talk, and staying quiet while grant spoke, once he stopped she looked over, cocking her head to one side and making a questioning chirp, followed by a close imitation of the sound of a cricket, before another chirp*. looking around him to see if he's carrying anything, then looking at the others.

(* "do you have any food?")
Hotep the psychic

Buster wrote:Calming down somewhat, Dee straightens up and flattens out her feathers, leaning into grants hand when he petted her. Watching the others talk, and staying quiet while grant spoke, once he stopped she looked over, cocking her head to one side and making a questioning chirp, followed by a close imitation of the sound of a cricket, before another chirp*. looking around him to see if he's carrying anything, then looking at the others.

(* "do you have any food?")
Grant chuckled recognizing the sound Dee made before reaching into his collar pouch to show strips of bacon jerky. Once he folded a piece and snapped some of it with a hand he took a smaller piece and showed it to the bird to eat. "here you go, usual treats." Grant said smiling before he would let his hand out for the others to take a piece.

"She is shy so if you want to feed her be slow. Being sudden scares her and dont be mean to any dinos. Theyve been around the park enough to understand alot of what we say."
ImageImageImage
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

"...Alright," Iris said, grabbing a bit of the food before slowly bringing her paw near the bird and saying in a monotone voice, "Do not worry. I would only hurt you if you hurt me first, and I do not believe you would try to hurt me."
-Monokuma

Deske

Post by Deske »

Seiko slowly shifted around the others to get a better look at the creature. "Y'see, this makes me much more interested in this island than some xenophobic old hound."