HPU - Blue Peak Shore OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: HPU - Blue Peak Shore OOC

Post by valerio »

There's always room. What did you have in mind?
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

A'ight then..

Character Name: Rubert T.J. Cabeza (T.J. standing for Timothy Jagneaux)

Color: This handy dandy Color

Type: Main ('Tourist')

Species/Breed: Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake

Neighbourhood: Blue Peak Shore

Appearance: A rather small size fellow for his species, being 4.1ft long. He is decorated with the iconic diamond shaped scales in a mix of Black, brown and a dark forest coloured green( view here, Top Left hand corner: http://srelherp.uga.edu/snakes/croada.htm) and his eye colour is an icy blue. He actually has a small collar his 'father' made for him, fitted with a small Goldish coloured tag of a rattlesnake in the "Don't Tread on Me" position.

Personality: Despite his species' Stereotype of being a rather aggressive, rude, and rather "unfriendly" serpent, he is an extremely friendly and kind individual. That is if you aren't a mouse, rat, or rabbit. To most other animals and humans he is rather outgoing and friendly unless they pose a genuine threat to him, his 'brother' or his owner.

History: He wasn't exactly a 'pet' to begin with. He was born in the wild, though was caught by a man in Southern Louisiana and sold to the Cabeza family in Florida while he was still a tiny, tiny baby snake. He grew up with the Cabeza family until it became apparent he was an actual rattlesnake, instead of a Gopher Snake which his captor claimed him to be. He was removed from the main Cabeza family home, and the oldest of the Cabeza children, Joseph who had left to live in Northern Florida, took him in. He has lived with Joseph ever since, and has accepted his life as a 'pet', acting as the more calm of the two pets, in contrast to his Brother Jose. It was only two days ago when Joseph had announced they were all going on a vacation to a small island in the Caribbean. Though Rubert couldn't most likely get in by normal means, his brother Jose hatched a plan to smuggle him in with them to avoid leaving Rubert by himself. He was to pretend to be a Gopher Snake to try and get past the Security, and so with the plan in play, they packed their things and headed off to the island..

Other Facts:-He has only ever accidentally bitten a person once. The woman stepped on him while he was asleep in Joseph's barn which terrified Rubert and caused him to lash out. He has been trying to hide the incident since, and after months of apologies, he is finally on good terms with the lady he bit.

-He openly calls himself a Gopher Snake, as to avoid people trying to practically kill him via being beaten over the head with a bludgeoning item..He actually does a pretty good job at passing himself off as one, usually hiding his rattle under his belly when he's coiled up.

-His middle names, Timothy Jagneaux, is the name of the man that caught him when he was a baby snake.

-Understands French and spanish but only speaks it when he is agitated

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S:9 "Just 'cus I have venom don't mean I'm weak." Rattlesnakes are pretty strong for Venomous snakes.
P:6"..I know you're over there don't be scared, I swear I'm friendly! Albeit more to his instincts and evolutionary path than to his eyes.
E:3 "Ow..my ribs.." Very realistic, as most snakes that don't constrict their prey have a need for being able to withstand a struggle.
I:8 ".....You do know 192 divided by five is 39.2, right?" As a snake, he has to be cunning to wait until
C:6: "Howdy there, What's your name?" Is extremely outgoing and friendly, however him being a rattlesnake usually drives most people and animals away..
A:5 "Hey wait up! Not extremely fast, but since he is a species of pitviper, he doesn't need to be fast when it comes to chasing something..When biting something however he is extremely fast as all Rattlesnakes are.
L:5"Oh hey look a black cat with a horseshoe! *Thwack* OW! ENVAHIS PAR LA POURRIE RAT, WHAT WAS THAT FOR?! Well, 'least it can't get any worse." Average luck.
Don't mind me.

Character Name: Juan "Jose" Reyes Cabeza

Color: This ocean looking color..

Type: Main (tourist)

Species/Breed: Chihuahua

Neighbourhood: Blue Peak Shore

Appearance: Your average 4 inch tall chihuahua. His fur is completely tan coloured with the exception of his paws, which are white. He has a small bite taken out of his left ear, and wears a black and white Fedora hat(Think "Smooth Criminal" fedora hat..) and his collar is black, with a golden tag of an Eagle on it.

Personality: He is quite the hair-triggered fellow, as he can for one minute be happily talking to you, to yelling at someone else for a complete accident, then go back to happily chatting when he calms down. This is part way because of him being spoiled by his 'grandparents' and growing up in Southern Florida to a Cuban immigrant family who faced a lot of discrimination. One surefire way to set him off is to mention his left ear, which can range between getting a nearly broken jaw, to just an annoyed slap depending on if the person meant to anger him or not. For people who can make it pass his anger, he treats them just like family, showing a lot of tolerance that wouldn't be shown at other times.

Other notes: -He is extremely protective of a small teddy bear he has, which he keeps hidden most the time which he calls "Baya"

- He loves to pull jokes on other people, ranging from the classic whoopee cushion, to tossing a Cherry bomb at them.

-He speaks English most of the time, but make him angry, and for hours and even days he will speak spanish, usually so he can insult the person without getting caught.

-His nickname is Jose, mostly because he finds "Juan" easy to interpret as a woman's name (Example: Juanita).

History: Born in a small town on the coast of Southern Florida, He grew up with the Cabeza family ever since he was just a small pup. While he was a pup he had the unfortunate pleasure of being subject to being bullied by a handful of larger dogs that lived near the Cabeza residence, and for months he would leave the house, only to get beaten up by the older and stronger dogs and come crawling back home. One day, He was walking to a store when the dogs came. When the leader of the gang of ruffians prepared to punch him, Jose kicked him in the shins, before being brought down by the rest of the gang in a small brawl in which one of the dogs bit off a part of his left ear. When he returned home yet again, his dad Joseph called the local Police, demanding action to be taken. In a few days, life returned to normal for the little chihuahua, but soon after an argument broke out between Joseph and his parents, He found himself moving to Northern Florida on a farm Joseph had bought. After a few years of peace and quiet, a call came from Joseph's parents saying they needed to get rid of an animal, and that no one else would take it in. Jose never knew what was to come until two days later when they arrived back in their hometown. When they entered their old home, Joseph told him to stay outside and wait while he went in to talk to his parents. After an hour of waiting, Joseph came back out with a small box, set it in the car, and told Jose to get in. When they finally got back to the farm, Jose was excited to meet his new 'brother' but once he got to see it he was dumbfounded. In Front of him was a small snake, a creature that Joseph had dealt with many times before with a quick whack to the head from a Rake..Over the following days, Rubert, as the snake had been named, became more and more curious about Jose, though would usually back off if answered by a small growl. Over the following week, Jose began to accept Rubert more and more, until finally fully accepting his new brother. The two grew close, and through the years gotten into a lot of mischief. It had only been a couple days ago when Joseph had announced that they were going on vacation to an island located somewhere in the Caribbean. Knowing that most the time snakes weren't allowed in most places by federal law, Jose began to think up a quick plan..Why not have his brother mimic a Gopher snake and hide out? With his idea in tow, he talked for hours with Joseph to convince him to try his idea, and in the end won out, and so they were off to this island,

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S:9 "You wanna go gringo?! You messed with the wrong dog!" Don't EVER underestimate this little fella, he is a pintsized POWERHOUSE, being able to floor a Boxer with a few well placed hits. He got this way because of simply growing up in a rough neighborhood, and learned if he wanted to protect himself from the ruder dogs on the block, he would need to be strong..

P:5 "What's that?"

E:9 "That's all you got I've seen ANTS stronger than you!" Same reason he's strong as a agitated bulldog, He got into a lot of fights as a pup, and practically worked himself up from there practicing.

C:3 "Get lost.."

I:5 "...What's a 'URL'?"

A:6 "Catch me if you can Federale!"

L:5"Ooh! Some idiota left five dollars here...Yoink!"

Erm..That was a first try, so I hope at least one of the fellas are good.

Edit: Had to fix after a point out in the lower comment section.
Last edited by FancyHat on Tue May 17, 2016 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Whammola!
I'd say we have two intriguing tourists, here. So, given it's past 5pm, where would you want them? If you're undecided, they can start from their own room, 220, second floor, vista on the inland.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Heh, I like the combination of a snake and a chihuahua. I never knew the rattlesnake could be mistaken for anything else though

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

The Gopher Snake mimics a Rattlesnake in look, and it usually hides its tail under debris and vibrates it to mimic the infamous rattle. To be frank, it's just a nonvenomous snake that happens to look a LOT like a Rattlesnake..And there are surprisingly a lot more species of rattlesnake than I even knew existed so it was hard to pick just one, so I went with the largest of 'em(Record size being little under 9ft, but commonly around 5.5ft long).

Also I noticed I made a few mistakes with Juan(Who I mistakenly called Jose for the entire thing..) so I just decided to roll with it now and use "Jose" as a Nickname. I am just glad ya like it..and yeah I think I'll stay with the "Own room" option there. Gonna try and do it tomorrow...
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Interesting pair. Though the snake won't be able to hide his actual appearance from the Argons though. Good luck getting by them! :)
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Interesting combo. Something about their age though - weren't animal characters supposed to go by 1 human year = 3,5 pet years?
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

yeah, we keep a standardized age ratio regardless of size and species just for simplicity.
and it's half of the 7:1 traditional ratio because HPU pets live about twice as long as their real world counterparts.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

Oh government subsidy it might take me a bit longer than expected to be able to get a post on 'ere..Last week of studies, but some of the teachers of making it the hardest..
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
valerio

Post by valerio »

FancyHat wrote:Oh government subsidy it might take me a bit longer than expected to be able to get a post on 'ere..Last week of studies, but some of the teachers of making it the hardest..
worry not. Take your time, sort out priorities. The island won't run away on you^^
22xander

Post by 22xander »

I'm fairly certain you have slots open based on your updating of the starting post. If theirs room I might think about joining in, if possible.
valerio

Post by valerio »

No worries. Come up with good characters first
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Oh, can come up with good characters. But their is room?
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

Pretty sure there's room..I mean I'm not the GM but I've a decent guess there's a bit of room.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
22xander

Post by 22xander »

It seemed like it based on what the GM said. I'll make a charecter in a second.

Man is this entire one compllicated XD
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

I'm finally gonna be able to post tomorrow..Huzzah!
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
valerio

Post by valerio »

For the next 10 days, TMH will be too busy to post here.
The Moon Howler

Hello! I am back and will post by the end of the day!
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welcome back^^
The Moon Howler

by the way, what time is it right now?

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Moon Howler wrote:by the way, what time is it right now?
6pm
The Moon Howler

Hello, my fellow RPers!
I must inform you that I will be missing 30th of june and 1st of july, because of special local tradition, called July morning (yes like the Uriah Heep song, which is the actual inspiration for this little event. John Walton himself is part of that event.)

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

have fun! Be waiting for you
The Moon Howler

Fellow RPers!
Due to an accident (a glass of coke spilled over my PC) I won't use my usual beastly rig for a while, which means I will be sharing a PC with other people. Please be patient.

Edit:

Okay, crisis averted. I will be back on my old PC tomorrow. (Yay for quality PC technicians)

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

*pokes thread*
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Is waiting on moon now hunter sorry
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

No biggie, just wondering what was going on.
The Moon Howler

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay on my side, but due to the few days being extremely busy for me (double shifts are no fun) and I wasn't able to post. I will tonight, though.

My RP Characters
The Moon Howler

Fellow RPers, I was sick for the last few days, but I will be posting tomorrow.

My RP Characters
Hotep the psychic

Glad your ok moon
ImageImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

BUSYBUSYBUSY with recreating Housepets Italian Translations thread. Will be back, but no hurries ^^'
The Moon Howler

Hey, guys! Sorry i haven't been on very often of late, but it's been very busy at work of late and I had to pull some double shifts. Please be patient and I will be posting either on the 26th or on the 27th (depending on how tired I will be).
Thanks for understanding.

My RP Characters
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Well, now I'll have to look for Donau's character sheet, as well as most of Hunter's characters xD

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Hotep the psychic

when you reread a post days later to find a mistake XD

any who take your time moon! life comes first...
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Could I have an update?
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Um, by any chance, is there room for one more? :)
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
valerio

Post by valerio »

hypernovatic wrote:Could I have an update?
Shukaku, your character, is by now back home, at Liberation with Lyla, for some cooking lessons.

Dark magic and a possible conflict is brewing by Argon Camp, where Luke and Amber have claimed home, aided by Anubis and Donau. Waiting for Moonhowler to go on with his character, the Trickster.

Donau called out for help via magic to other shamans. So far, Reginald the GSD puppy heard it, and so did the Hunter (red wolf ghost) and Haq (red wolf, newly appointed shaman)

Rajida, who is with Luke at the moment, perceived the dark presence.

Amber is taking care of one of the Trickster's Denizens.

Khun is on his way to the hotel aboard a vehicle provided by the Management.

A Russian family (father, expecting mother, two cats) with a career in the circus has recently come to the island. as of now, the cats have proved their worth to the ringmaster
AnimeNerd88 wrote:Um, by any chance, is there room for one more? :)
if you want to, why not?^^

you can choose among:

tourist, human with pet
resident: humans or animal staff at the Blue Peak Shore resort
natives: animals only, among the German shepherd who breed themselves to go work worldwide, the cursed, monstrous rabbits masters of the aether, the life-adoring Lycaons or the fierce, deathmonger red wolves
natives generation 2: animals only, the inhabitants of Liberation, a village founded by abused animals brought on the island by Spencer's foundation

other kind of resident and natives are considered 'minor characters', such as the fishermen who live with the GSDs and help each other. The massive draft horses descendant of a stock brought on the island by farmers centuries before.
Or you could choose a spiritual entity, be it benevolent or malevolent.

What did you have in mind?
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

How about a tourist rabbit?
Name: Kermit Deus
Color: #000040 alright?
Type: Main, Tourist
Species/Breed: Rabbit, Flemish Giant/Giant Angora Mix
Appearance: Long-ish grey fur that is technically wool with a tuft of it over the left eye dyed dark blue, dark brown eyes, a few scars under his fur in various places, and he wears no collar since they feel uncomfortable and itchy to him. Also, since he is half Flemish Giant, he is about as tall as a regular sized dog.
Personality: Kermit is pretty much the personification of teenage anger. He's rarely ever happy, and prefers to be alone than to be with anyone. The only person he'll be nice to is his owner, Lisa, while everyone else is he sees as 'Pampered Snots'. You'd have to try very hard to make him happy, and even then the most his owner has seen is a semi-amused smirk. To get him mad is easy, just stay near him for too long a time and try to make small talk and he'll wanna punch you in the muzzle. Interestingly enough, it's also surprisingly easy to make him sad. Just mention the idea of him being in a romantic relationship and he'll bawl like there's no tomorrow. He also has a tendency to curse...a lot. (Represented as ****, though!)
Background: Kermit has lived a very hard life. Soon after he was born, he and his mother were captured and taken to a pet fight club, where his mother sadly didn't make it. Kermit, on the other hand, managed to thrive in this environment, only keeping his sanity by remembering the last words he heard from his mother, "Try to stay alive, but remember that this is not right. This is not the way the world should be." With this permanently etched into his mind, he managed to stay alive by the time the fight club got busted, and had even become their champion. While he had been there, though, he had met someone he thought he might've had a crush on; a female black lab named Bobbi. Sadly, they had eventually been put together in a fight, and Kermit came out victorious. After he was freed, he latched himself to one of his main liberators, Lisa Deus, who adopted him in hopes of giving him a better life. The first thing on her list for that idea; a relaxing trip on a tropical island.
Stats: S: 10 (Like a weakling could live through my situation.)
P: 7 (I could've gotten a lot more scars.)
E: 7 (Some matches went long and hard, but I knew I wasn't going to lose.)
C: 2 (**** off.)
I: 4 (I don't really need anymore than self-defense tactics, do I?)
A: 7 (Perception doesn't work very well if I couldn't dodge it.)
L: 5 (Pet fight club, but I lived through it with my sanity, so about half.)
So, what do you think?
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
The Moon Howler

valerio wrote:
Dark magic and a possible conflict is brewing by Argon Camp, where Luke and Amber have claimed home, aided by Anubis and Donau. Waiting for Moonhowler to go on with his character, the Trickster.
I am kinda waiting on xhunterko to post so i can go on with the Trickster, but I will post for the sphere tonight.

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Sorry, I was waiting on the other players to post.