Popular Stuff You're Not Interested In

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

The Blue Fox

Popular Stuff You're Not Interested In

Post by The Blue Fox »

Alright, Housepets, what really popular thing/s that you have no interest in are you sick of hearing everyone blather on about?

Right now, for me it's;

Steven Universe
Undertale
Overwatch
Game Of Thrones

Urgh, just all over the internet, wherever I go, Someone's talking about how supposedly awesome one of those four is. And I'm here, like, URGH.

To a lesser extent, it's Poke'mon Go, too....I mean, I like Poke'mon an' all, and I get why Go is so popular, but personally, I'm not interested in Go...I'd rather stick to getting Poke'mon X and Poke'mon Moon once I get around to getting my paws on a 3DS XL.
Radio Blue Heart

Re: Popular Stuff You're Not Interested In

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

There are not enough hours in the day for me to list all the "popular" things that don't appeal to me. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Some people treat you like you have some sort of deficiency if you "don't get it". I don't. I fail to see how it would ever appeal to me.

Somethings I lost interest in like "Star Wars" and "Ghostbusters". They just lost whatever element that made them interesting to me in the first place.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Yeah, I'm kinda worried maybe I'm just being a fussy old 90's kid who misses the good old days.

I've been posting this in other forum communities and there have been other things suggested that I can add to my list.

Right off the bat...frigging Five Night's At Freddy's...

I mean...I'm not into the horror genre anyway, but...ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE FNAF EVERYWHERE, Good Dragon in high heaven.

Then there's Fallout and Skyrim too.

And Homestuck. I don't even know the first thing about Homestuck but I see it mentioned A LOT by various people.

And Gravity Falls and Rick And Morty.

I'm sure there's more. But yeah, I'm sick and tired of hearing about all of these...ESPECIALLY FNAF!!!
Radio Blue Heart

Video games in general don't appeal to me. I guess that is just another factor contributing to me being such a social misfit.

Even though I have never played "Five Night's at Freddy's", I can appreciate its horror elements. I am a huge fan of most anything horror, and having the characters of an annoying theme restaurant come to life and try to kill you is a neat idea.

That said, I have never played any of the other games you mentioned.

Never read any of the "Game of Thrones" novels or seen the adaptation.

Probably the biggest pop culture thing that I never got into was Harry Potter. Never read the books and only saw part of one of the films.
-Virgil
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Wow, so many people are saying they don't like Harry Potter.

I've seen the movies. I think they're alright.

Don't let my GF catch any of you saying you dislike it though, she LOVES Harry Potter.
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

I despise Harry Potter..And I honestly can't explain why, because it even caught myself unaware, I just really hated the movies.

Also, I share your hate with FNAF..Sweet Mary and Joseph I swear, You can't search up the game without 500 pieces of Fanart of questionable rating POPPING UP..And then the people who actually LIKE..THE FRIGGIN'...KILLER..I mean so far, ONE PERSON...ONE PERSON, has made a decent enough reason for me to like their variant, and that's because well, no smexy idiocy and for the fact that Headcanon variant was a Schizophrenic and now suffering depression for said murders(Out of everything else which basically is sliding scale "Hatred" specifically on "This version of the guy himself ain't so bad..Just really, really in need of mental therapy.")..Yeah, Never thought Someone would be able to give sympathy to the devil, but hey! And if you ever even TRY and speak out on that game..You better be packing a hidden carry permit because they will throw a RIOT on you for the larger half of the online fandom which seem ever ready to rip your throat out your bum....

3.Steven..Bloody...UNIVERSE.. It's not so much the show, but what the fandom of said show is willing to do to people if you do your own thing..I like the show, but I lost Incredible interest after hearing, well...A large group of people harassed a person into attempting to OFF THEMSELF..OVER FANART..THE HECK PEOPLE!?!

4 and 5. *Loads blunderbuss as I look side to side* Call of Duty and Battlefield..*Gets rushed from both sides by an angry mob and proceeds to get beaten to a pulp* OH MY LORD NO BACK AWAY DEMONS! Gah!
*Escapes and barricades self in home*
Nah, but seriously, I like the games..I'm just again not that into it, and considering fans of those two, If you even mention you've switched from "Side" to "Side" you get hundreds of people calling you a 5 year old rage squeaker-Whatsit, a "Noob"(I guess idiot speak for Newbie.), and then tell you to go do rather questionable acts to yourself...I'm just not that diehard fan that people really say you ought to be to those games.. Now excuse me as I prepare a secondary barricade to hold off the horde of the many rabid fans that I have triggered by stating my dislike for them and their items that are currently breaking down my door..
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Interesting story with Call of Duty. My brother and I had just beaten Gears of War 3 for the second time. We once again went into the multiplayer, and we have a lot of fun with it. We especially appreciate the option to play alongside bots, as we don't have people over often, and we can't play online. As much as I enjoyed the story mode of Halo 4, bots for the multiplayer would have been nice.

My brother and I go to a game store, deciding it would be a good idea to get a new game. Conditions we had were sadly rather strict; multiplayer must have option for bots. It's amazing how few shooters have that these days. Employee pointed us to Call of Duty Black Ops. Now, I have played some of the games, and I told my brother that I just couldn't care less about those games. They never felt fun, I told him.

So he buys it, as the employee still recommended it, and it was a two-game pack; it included the sequel, but for the sake of getting to know it, we just played the first one.

Turns out, bots ARE NOT AVAILABLE OUT OF THE BOX!! It's a patch!
WHY ACTIVISION?!
Okay, we can at least download the patch, just a ten minute wait time. Sad thing is, that is a really long time for a patch, and I've downloaded a lot before.

Had some fun with customizing load-outs and such, then we finally get to a team match. I was SO disappointed with the experience. Easiest difficulty, and only about three shots kill you? Aiming down the sights slow you to a snails pace? Gears doesn't slow you down that much with most of their weapons! I don't play these games for realism! Basically, for me, the multiplayer was a bust.

Tried out the Zombie mode, as it looked promising. First thing, restore the generator.

...now if only we knew where the dang thing was! Was a mini-map too much to ask? And one of us dying is a game over? Nope, didn't like.

Alright, let's try the campaign mode, maybe we could get some fun out of it.

THERE'S NO CAMPAIGN CO-OP!!

One player only!

Basically, that game hasn't been touched by me since we got it.

I feel a lot better, now.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

If you wanted Co-op Campaign I would Recomend Call of Duty World At War. Nearly all the missions have Co-op Campaign, except for two, which are meant as an Only Single Player deal. (The simpler of the missions puts you as part of the aircraft crew of a PBY Catalina "Black Cat" Float Bomber, the second is a Sniper mission that sets you off into the beginning of the russian campaign. Both of which would be impossible for Multiplayer campaign because of their design.) Also, That's the point of Zombies mate, it's meant to encourage teamwork and punish those who don't help their friends out. You don't always have to start the generator for everything either, as you can practically get everything except for a few things right out of the gate.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Weird how not all of the levels are co-op, really. Thing is about Zombies, both my brother and I were clueless on what to do. Is there even a story in the first one? I think I've heard that later installment actually have a story to the zombie mode. Does the first one not have that?
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

Well, When it began with Nacht der Untoten(The very first map for Zombies ever, Beginning in WaW) it originally didn't have a story, but people liked it, and treyarch added more maps. We got the Original WaW Crew(the Japanese man, Takeo, Nikolai=Russian, Dempsey=American, and Richtofen=aka Ze Doctor!). It then started to span out in Black Ops as the Easter Eggs got harder to make to discover, harder to complete but us fans of Zombies cracked them as fast as we could in any way possible. Black Ops II came out with a new crew, which we followed until Mob of the Dead which really threw the Zombies world for a loop. Then we got the Original Crew again in "Origins" only now younger, which we now call the "2.0 Crew". Now Black Ops III is going down, zombies has stayed the same lovely mode it started as. New guns, new weapons, new easter eggs.. It only takes us a week or month at most to discover an Easter Egg now. And so far, the Story has stayed strong and very hard not to love.

For your question about how two missions aren't Co-op, The Black Cats mission is basically rail shooter with press _ when needed to change positions accordingly, and the Russian Sniper mission has you start off in Red Square with practically EVERYONE AROUND YOU DEAD...Ya know except for the one other main character in the russian campaign, who if you've played Black Ops Campaign, you know as the old man who lays a throwdown on Vorkuta with a nearly successful prison riot, Reznov... Trust me however, All the other missions clearly overdo those two in every way possible to make up for the fact they aren't co-op compatible. Basically, The one thing to sum it up? You get to lob mortar Rounds like grenades in one mission..And boy do they do WORK.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

...and like that, I'm lost.
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

..just try WaW for yourself if you really want to actually understand it..That and also check out CoD NZ history for a decent summarization of events.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Geez, and all I wanted was a decent local multiplayer game.
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

D-Rock wrote:Geez, and all I wanted was a decent local multiplayer game.
Which it is..But if you really want a decent one try the Halo series.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Already have, up to 4. Don't have an Xbox One to play Five. Especially love how Reach allowed your custom Spartan to be used in the story. Too bad it can't be done for story reasons in Four, and it just takes too dang long to unlock stuff in that game. I think Gears is the only thing that I can think of that's slower. Again, though, lack of bots in 4 really hurt the experience for me and my brother. On occasion we'd get our little cousin in, and that was enjoyable.

I guess that I just can't enjoy Call of Duty. Already tried Modern Warfare, didn't get into it. I played one on the GameCube, don't remember what the title was, I want to say Finest Hour. I had more fun with Medal of Honor: Rising Sun.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

- Any cartoon made for an adult target audience or made using Flash
- Undertale (over-hyped before I could play it)
- Overwatch (what even is it?)
- Game Of Thrones (Why would I watch depravity? - also applies to the first one)
- Pokemon GO (and Pokemon in general - the idea of throwing objects at wild animals, keeping them locked up, and fighting them never really appealed to me.)
- Any movie where they announce a character's sexual orientation when it's not integral to the plot. (Seriously, unless I'm watching a romance, which I usually avoid anyway, I really don't need or want to know what they do behind closed doors).
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

The Blue Fox wrote:
Steven Universe
Undertale
Overwatch
Game Of Thrones

Urgh, just all over the internet, wherever I go, Someone's talking about how supposedly awesome one of those four is. And I'm here, like, URGH.
Oh my gosh, I understand what you mean. To add to the list,

Adventure Time
Attack on Titan
Tokyo Ghoul
Monster Musume(GYAAAAAAAAAAH!)
The Last of Us
Death Note
Code Geass
Radio Blue Heart

Anime can be a tricky thing. A lot of them will pad out their storylines so much watching them can become laborious. The best example I can think of is "Dragon Ball Z". A single arc could take 40 or 50 episodes to complete. This is a huge investment of time and sometimes money. I remember when anime first started to become a force in North America. Companies that licensed and dubbed them would release them on DVD four episodes at a time at a cost of about US$30 each. I was absurd. Now that quite a few of those companies have gone out of business, the surviving companies are releasing whole seasons, sometimes whole series, as sets for about US$20. More reasonable and economical.

And now, I will commit the greatest of pop culture sins...

I do not like The Beatles.

There. I said it. I just don't like them. I am not hostile toward them, I just don't like there music. I listen to it and it has no effect on me. But heaven help you if you ever say that. I remember some guy in a record shop threatened me with physical violence for that once. The one thing I really can't stand is the cult of personality that has grown up around John Lennon. Everyone thinks he was some all-perfect god of all hipsters. He was a self-righteous narcissist that believed his own hype, all while misrepresenting Tibetan Buddhism and beating his wives.

But I must admit that a lot of bands that I listen to have them as some sort of influence, first hand or second hand.
-Virgil
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

I have a few more to add to my own personal list.

I never liked Power Rangers. It was just too cheesy and clunky.

Adventure Time...I gave it a shot but just couldn't really get into it. Yet I see people singing it's praises for being, like, the best cartoon ever, all over the place.

I'll also throw In Regular Show...It's just a bunch of random stuff happening and the main characters are just the stereotypical dumb dude best friends trope.

We Bare Bares...I mean...it's just a brown bear, a polar bear and a panda going round a city doing random dumb stuff...and I've seen people say it's awesome. I just don't get it.

I've seen a lot of people say Voltron...I believe It's like a animé version of Power Rangers...but don't quote me on that, I haven't really looked into it.

Sports.

I mean, I used to be into Formula 1 but nowadays it feels like just a buncha cars driving around in circles a bunch of times. -_-

Wrestling was another one but it's just lost it's sparkle pretty much when WWE went PG. The Storylines are boring and stupid and the new talents don't seem to have as much character as the greats of the attitude era.

Social media. Good Dragon. Facebook, Twitter, the rest...

...I'd tried other profile sites before FB and T came out...and basically learned that they're not for me...

...also FB got all those news stories of folks committing suicide because of stuff said to them on FB so that put me off, too...

Can I add Mcdonald's? Feels like EVERYONE loves Mcdonald's but for me, they'll never shake that reputation of having greasy, unhealthy food in a greasy, unhealthy restauraunt...I've never been and I'll never go. I'm kinda stubborn like that.

I don't like Doctor Who either...in fact the only sci-fi I like is Star Wars and The Matrix. Other than that, I'm not interested.

The Hunger Games movies...They really don't seem all that amazing to me, people. I haven't watched them but I'm prety sure I figured out the whole plot is, buncha people kill each other for food, last person standing gets the food, it's ALWAYS the main protagonist.

As to be expected with this kind of topic, I've seen people mention stuff that I like as well. I suppose we all have different tastes.

I like Animé...kind of...certain kinds...like Dragon Ball Z...And Poke'mon, Yu-Gi-Oh, the original first season of Digimon...a lot of the popular ones because they're quite well done...if they weren't well done they wouldn't be popular, yes?
I've also watched Inu-Yasha...that's quite good...Naruto's...okay...when it's not the filler episodes...those are kinda random and stupid...and I wanna give One-Peice a shot...

...I like FPses...well, Battlefield, anyway...I played BF 3 and I think it's a very well-made game, and I want to continue with BF4 and hardline. Not really a fan of COD, though I wanna have a go at Advanced Warfare.
I also wanna play Halo Reach but it's an Xbox exclusive and I'm pretty exclusively a PS gamer.

Superhero stuff...I like a few superheros...more ones with good character like Spiderman and Batman, rather than the kind that tend to let their muscles do the talking like Superman.

MLP: FIM...yeah, I'm a brony. Wouldn't have believed it if you told I'd become one before I became one but it's a very well done show.

Transformers...I mean, when someone does them right, they're good...
the new Robots In Disguise version? Not good.
TF Animated? Not Good.
TF Energon? Meh.
TF Cybertron? Good.
TF Armada? This was how I was introduced to TF, and it is REALLY good story wise. Not so much animation wise, epecially compared to modern standards.
TF Prime? VERY good for a CGI outing.
I'm ignoring the movies.

Youtubers...I follow a few decent Youtubers...Stampy Cat and his friends are quite nice Minecraft Youtubers for a start. although lately there's been some Youtube drama dropping up, and I don't like that. Youtube is supposed to be for our entertainment.

Speaking of Minecraft, I like Minecraft...I...just don't have the game yet. But I WILL get it...eventually.

Video games in general outside of horroe, I guess. Coz I'm a casual gamer and I like doing it.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I don't really have many things like this. I guess Magic the Gathering and League of Legends don't interest me at all. or World of Warcraft, if that's even still popular.

and for those of you citing "bad/annoying fandom" as your only reason for not being interested in something, I recommend you not let other people ruin your enjoyment of something. fandoms can (for the most part) be avoided. of course if you wouldn't have been interested anyway, go right ahead. that's how I am with League.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Never was a fan of Facebook. Twitter on the otherhand...

I can't get into League of Legends as badly as Heroes of the Storm. or survival games for that matter, unless you have just time to kill. Part of the charm with games like Ark or Rust is just seeing how long you can live.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Some other things that came to mind.

RWBY, and just Rooster Teeth in general pretty much.
Sports(Any sport)
Hunger Games
Regular Show
I too also don't like the Beatles, the don't have enough umph for me.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

I would also like to add The Walking Dead and pretty much anything horror, be it popular or not. Horror stuff is just not my cup of tea. I don't get people who get a thrill out of being scared.

Most horror stuff doesn't even scare me anyway. It's a case of I've seen it all before.
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Undertale - I just really don't care about it, at all.

Power Rangers - much too silly for the tone they were going for.

Lots of the Disney/Pixar movies - There are a few that I love like Zootopia, The Incredibles, Wall-E and UP etc. But most of them that are super popular were mediocre to me. Like the Lion King, The jungle book, Finding Memo etc

Social Media - Things like Facebook and Twitter seem to be loved way too much for what they do.

Love stories in non Romance movies - they are often poorly done, don't affect the stories and are pure filler.

Call of Duty - they are mediocre FPS's that are damaging the gaming market and has the skill requirements of a slot machine.

Halo 3 - The story was great but the rest of the game (and multiplayer) felt pretty meh. I quite enjoyed the other halos though.

Star Trek - Neither the movies nor the shows ever appealed to me.

Olympics/sports in general - I just find them really boring and uninteresting.

I don't like the Star Wars movies. There I said it! I quite enjoyed the Clone Wars Show but the original trilogy and the prequels were not good movies in my opinion.
EDIT: I actually loved The Force Awakens and quite enjoyed Revenge of the Sith.
Last edited by IdleCurator on Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi Hi Pie
Radio Blue Heart

The Blue Fox wrote:I would also like to add The Walking Dead and pretty much anything horror, be it popular or not. Horror stuff is just not my cup of tea. I don't get people who get a thrill out of being scared.

Most horror stuff doesn't even scare me anyway. It's a case of I've seen it all before.
I love almost anything horror related but I admit I am a snob sometimes. I mean that because (and I am running the risk of sounding like some kind of a pretentious hipster) I tend to draw a line between horror I consider good and "pop horror".

I am reminded of a time in a comic shop the guy behind the counter asked me what kind of books I was into. He started to ask me what I thought about the "Goosebumps" movie and "American Horror Story". "Goosebumps" was just another mind numbing Jack Black comedy and "American Horror Story" is just a soap opera where something supernatural or macabre occasionally happens. I watched "The Walking Dead" for a while but I wonder how far it will go. I am bombarded by that show, it seems, where ever I go.

I can see the appeal of "Rick and Morty" from the few episodes I have seen. One episode was the only time I think I have ever seen the song "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails used in any kind of a significant way.

I am surprised to the lack of reaction of saying that I don't like two of UK's top pop culture exports, The Beatles and Harry Potter. Most people consider those a universal good and that there must be something wrong with you if you don't like them.

And you are right to avoid fast food, Blue. Stay away from that filth. And stay away from soda too. I have not had a drop in over a year and I lost 20 lbs.

But the two things in this world that are popular and I cannot stand are "Family Guy" and "American Dad". The are so low brow and lowest common denominator. They are poorly written garbage that resorts to shock laughs because they cannot do anything better. Now, when "South Park" and "Beavis and Butthead" are offensive, they are trying to prove a point. There is an underlying humanity to it as they satirize American society and pop culture. "Family Guy" is devoid of that and just tries to be gross or cruel for the sake of it. Seth MacFarlane is a hack. Yes, he can sing, do funny voices and is fluent in German but he cannot write or direct cartoons. Not without random side jokes, or vague pop culture references, or more shock jokes about the handicapped, etc.
-Virgil
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote:I would also like to add The Walking Dead and pretty much anything horror, be it popular or not. Horror stuff is just not my cup of tea. I don't get people who get a thrill out of being scared.

I love almost anything horror related but I admit I am a snob sometimes. I mean that because (and I am running the risk of sounding like some kind of a pretentious hipster) I tend to draw a line between horror I consider good and "pop horror".

I am reminded of a time in a comic shop the guy behind the counter asked me what kind of books I was into. He started to ask me what I thought about the "Goosebumps" movie and "American Horror Story". "Goosebumps" was just another mind numbing Jack Black comedy and "American Horror Story" is just a soap opera where something supernatural or macabre occasionally happens. I watched "The Walking Dead" for a while but I wonder how far it will go. I am bombarded by that show, it seems, where ever I go.

I can see the appeal of "Rick and Morty" from the few episodes I have seen. One episode was the only time I think I have ever seen the song "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails used in any kind of a significant way.

I am surprised to the lack of reaction of saying that I don't like two of UK's top pop culture exports, The Beatles and Harry Potter. Most people consider those a universal good and that there must be something wrong with you if you don't like them.

And you are right to avoid fast food, Blue. Stay away from that filth. And stay away from soda too. I have not had a drop in over a year and I lost 20 lbs.

But the two things in this world that are popular and I cannot stand are "Family Guy" and "American Dad". The are so low brow and lowest common denominator. They are poorly written garbage that resorts to shock laughs because they cannot do anything better. Now, when "South Park" and "Beavis and Butthead" are offensive, they are trying to prove a point. There is an underlying humanity to it as they satirize American society and pop culture. "Family Guy" is devoid of that and just tries to be gross or cruel for the sake of it. Seth MacFarlane is a hack. Yes, he can sing, do funny voices and is fluent in German but he cannot write or direct cartoons. Not without random side jokes, or vague pop culture references, or more shock jokes about the handicapped, etc.
Yeah...Family Guy and American Dad are just baaaad. I agree. I never got into those shows.

Allow me to add a few more.

Attack On Titan. Pretty much the entire animé community sings it's praises, I've never been interested.

Same goes for Cowboy Bebop, too.

I never even heard of a show called "Stranger Things" until someone on another forum said it was their favourite show...then I started seeing it everywhere, especially on Reddit...folks singing it's praises for being the best show ever...and I'm like...what?

Bob's Burgers.

Oh and Bojack Horseman. It's just a dude with a horse's head...what?

I'm gonna say pretty much every sitcom TV show, too. They've never made me laugh. :/
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Any show on TV/Netflix/Amazon/Whatever in general, I got bored with TV years ago.

Competitive/PVP Multiplayer, if there was ever a feature I felt games in general didn't need...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Never really got into Undertale. I played the game through and didn't feel invested at all.

I am not big on anime or manga. The only anime I have ever enjoyed was FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I guess it was because there aren't many filler episodes and the series was short anyways. Only like 63 episodes from start to finish.

Pop music. I just don't feel the need to follow it. I don't think it is bad, but there are only a few songs I enjoy from the genre. Heck, I had never even heard of Adele until last March.

Most tv shows made by ABC, ABC Family, or Fox. Found them generic, unfunny, and too PC. I enjoy some Family Guy, but I feel it has gotten kinda bland in the last few years.

The PC (politically correct) culture. I watch my tongue on here because of the rules of the forum, but I have a very harsh vocabulary spanning three languages (English, Spanish, and German) when it comes to interacting casually with my friends. I have a small group of friends I hang out with and none of us are the same race, so we all refer to each other by our racial slurs.

The emo/scene community. Music isn't bad, just never got into the community.

Steven Universe

Homestuck

The Hunger Games series

Marvel/DC Comics

Hair coloring. I don't mind natural colors, but stuff like pink or blue just kinda throw me off.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Deske

Post by Deske »

Let's see, things I don't care about. Ahh here it is.

The News as a whole I find rather useless. I get my info from the internet. Should probably keep up with the presidential campaigns as it could influence my job to a good extent.

Being PC. I am currently in an environment where swearing is the vernacular.

Anime. Not that I don't care I just have a hard time watching it. I get distracted by other things so I can never just binge a series.

I think that's about it for now.
Radio Blue Heart

I can see the appeal of Bojack Horseman. Not only its furry theme but also its running theme of depression.

I never understood card games and tabletop games. It all part of me not being a gamer, I guess. I don't see the appeal. Also I have seen guys at my local comic shop almost get into fistfights over it. Isn't supposed to be about relaxing and having fun?

I didn't think that PC was a sub culture. Just a way of putting a band aid on the open artery of society's many problems.

Another thing that I don't like is when people enjoy things "ironically". They engage in something they hate on purpose. That never made sense to me.
-Virgil
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

My disinterest there's in pretty any popular thing. Popular stuff just look too overvalued and lower in quality to me, and in almost all the cases they're about arguments that don't attract me. Yeah, I've pretty much found interest in less popular things, or to better say, in the pretty hidden variants of popular subjects.
Those I bring to the hate are: clubs football (soccer), that's always too much talked here and that brings lot of bad examples; modern cartoons, where almost none look good and worth to be watched to me; famous sitcoms, which I can't stand a minute watching them, they're not funny to me; social media, especially their bad use by people and the effects its using gives on them; recent commercial Italian songs, those who are sung by a lot discussable young singers, they all suck to me; reality and talent shows on TV, which can all die to me; gossip and related commercialism, no comment on this... I could add also the modern gaming world, that's generally sucking really bad to me, but I'm still curious following news about it.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Yeah, sitcoms never made me laugh either. :/
Radio Blue Heart

Most of them are garbage anyway. The vast majority of American sitcoms usually follow the same formula of a group of whiny, neurotic New Yorkers who go to absurd lengths to spare each others feelings. Or they are crass and tasteless.

I am also coming around to the idea that Adam Sandler should be banned from making anymore films. He is just not funny.
-Virgil
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the problem with sandler is he used to be funny, before he started making movies, and for those that didn't see his pre-movie stuff his first few were probably okay, but nearly every movie he's made has just been a rehash of his old material over and over with new window-dressing, to the point that all his material has been driven into the ground and buried.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I didn't think that PC was a subculture. Just a way of putting a band-aid on the open artery of society's many problems.
It didn't start out as a subculture, but as SJWs got exposed to it, the subculture started forming on Tumblr. It then spread into other online communities, then into the physical world. The part I'm talking about is the extreme, radical American leftists.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

As the topic's taken a rather sharp veer into politics, I'm going to remind everyone that the forum rules exist and include treating others with respect and civility. The entire basis of this thread is to demean things other users likely enjoy, which seems pretty controversial; since controversial topics are precluded by the aforementioned rules, we'll be discontinuing discussion.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other