Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Redwall

Post by Hlaoroo »

"We're fair folk but who are you to travel through Guosim land so heavily armed? Where are you from and where are you going?" the voice calls back.
"Guosim... I know who this is!" Brum exclaims, putting her sling away. "Log-a-Log, we're travellers on a mission for Redwall."
"Redwall? Well, why didn't yer say earlier? Put up yer weapons, lads!" A stocky shrew emerges from the bushes ahead of the group. His fur is spiky, a brightly coloured bandanna adorns his brow and a short rapier hangs from his belt. A moment later a group of similarly clad shrews join him.
'Sorry about that. With all that's happened lately we had to be careful."
"What do you mean? What's happened?"
"Ah, it's a long story. Care to join us for lunch and we can swap tales?"

==========
Unfortunately for Marko, Brother Jack had been stepping forward with his paw outstretched for a shake when Marko bowed and the badger's snout clocks him between his ears, knocking him onto his tail.
"Oof. Sorry. It's a pleasure, I'm sure." he grins, ruefully rubbing his head. "It's been a while since we've had a badger here. From what caravan have you come?"

==========
"... I'm sorry, I don't follow. For what are you not ready?" queries Edlyn.

==========
"Ah! That would do it! It seems I have a lot to learn even after all my years!" Rudy smiles. "Thank you, Aldryd. We could really use a gardener like you here if you ever decided you wanted to stay."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain put his sword back in its 'scabbard' and stepped forward. "I'm no' of Redwall so I couldn't speak f'r them. Tha's why M'Cariad, Brum Oakbrush, speaks a' our lead'r." He offered the handpaw that had held the sword to the leader. "We're no' y cyntaf i basio t'day?" He shook his head. "Uh, th'... firs'? T'..." He swept his other arm from behind him on the path forwards.

((y cyntaf i basio = the first to pass))
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"I..........I don't know mam, I just feel anxious. I'm sorry if my blabbering is confusing" Sara muttered , her ears flopped in embarrassment
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: Unfortunately for Marko, Brother Jack had been stepping forward with his paw outstretched for a shake when Marko bowed and the badger's snout clocks him between his ears, knocking him onto his tail.
"Oof. Sorry. It's a pleasure, I'm sure." he grins, ruefully rubbing his head. "It's been a while since we've had a badger here. From what caravan have you come?"
"Terribly sorry," replied Marko, "Both for 'de bump and to disappoint you. You do not have a badger with you, for I am a fox." He flashed an earnest smile at Brother Jack.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Ah! That would do it! It seems I have a lot to learn even after all my years!" Rudy smiles. "Thank you, Aldryd. We could really use a gardener like you here if you ever decided you wanted to stay."
Aldryd chuckled, a rocky rumbling noise, "My pa told us that there was always more out there to learn. Said he used to go off and explore until he met ma, so I reckon he found out a lot." His grin was nearly audible

"Oh it's no trouble at all Rudy, farmers need to stick together, aye? I don't know if I could stay to live here in the abbey, but I would surely like to visit and help out where I can." He said, "It would be nice to have more of a purpose than my own lot of land."
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

it had been quite the time while off exploring, the two cloaked figures had stains all over them selves as they approached the large gate.

they had returned but no one would have known when they left Trevor was carrying the other on close inspection. both of them had blood on them from some battle they had faced but when? the two of them carrying a bag but trevor was in a rush even with the day as it was it was the worst of time for him and james. the raccon taking off his hood and looking to the top of the redwall gate and panting heavily from his run OPEN THE GATE JAMES NEEDS HELP! he screamed at the top of his lungs

james however groaned and panted "told....you....." he said softly "muffins and cookies it james stop talking we are here you need your energy"
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

The word "Guosim" grabbed Rhys' attention, and with that, he let his blade drop back into the scabbard. He didn't need Brum to tell him what or who it was. The Guerilla Union of Shrews in Mossflower - the Mountain had informal dealings with the shrews from time to time, and the hares of the Long Patrol held them in fairly high regard (well, for non-hares or badgers) as protectors of travelers through the streams and forests of the Mossflower Woods. He breathed a sigh of relief that their 'assailants' were not a threat - but still, he had that sinking feeling in his gut for not noticing them earlier. They'd be fine, but his pride was sorely wounded.

"Hail, Guosim," the would-be soldier squirrel said cordially, though he left any further introductions to the Redwallers themselves. He was more interested in the 'troubles' the shrews had been having lately, though he feared he already knew what and why.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Our leader? Um... Gosh... I'm just a simple squirrel. I never thought of myself as a leader." Brum looks surprised at Owain's announcement before pausing to consider the shrew's invitation.
"Hmm... Do you think we have time, Rhys and Owain?" she queries, deciding to rely on the knowledge of her experienced traveller friends.

==========
"It's quite okay." Edlyn counsels, putting a comforting arm around Sara's shoulders. "You're in a new place with new creatures you don't know and with no memory. It's natural to be anxious. I'm sure I'd be quite terrified in your position. We can take things as slowly as you like... Would you prefer to just walk and talk? Or would you like some time alone to gather your thoughts? It's up to you."

==========
Brother Jack blinks five times in surprise before replying.
"Um... Okay... S-sorry, did you say a fox? Forgive my asking but how does that work? And could you give me a paw back up? I'm not as sprightly as I used to be..."

==========
"He sounds like a wise otter. Was he a gardener too when he wasn't travelling?" Rudy queries. "Well, you will, of course, be welcome to visit us any time you like. And we'll gladly send aid to your home if ever you need it. And you're right. It's always good to have a purpose in life. Gives you a reason to get up in the morning, my mother used to say. My purpose is to keep the abbey grounds looking attractive but more importantly to keep the abbey's kitchens stocked so that everyone here can be fed. And I'm sure I don't need to tell you how satisfying it is to eat something you've grown and nurtured." the gardener smiles.
"Shall we get that water then? Do you still have the bucket?"

==========
Sitting on the steps of the gatehouse, Tilly jumps at the yell. She grabs a brass horn from a hook by the gatehouse door that's saved for just such occasions and winds it thrice as she runs to the gate. Dropping the horn on its carry-strap around her neck, she puts her shoulder to the heavy oak bar holding the doors shut and heaves it aside, pulling the gate open even as a group of about a dozen creatures run from the abbey towards the gate, some bearing arms and others carrying medical supplies and stretchers. In her infirmary, Evelyn hurries to prepare beds and gather supplies, endeavouring to be prepared for anything that might be brought to her.
"What in the world happened?" Tilly exclaims. "Come on in, come on in!" she motions as a couple of mice heave both James and Trevor onto stretchers and carry them into the abbey.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Trevor waved off his own stretcher he had a small limp and was bleeding but he had patched his own wound. instead he took to letting the small group bandage him again so he could follow. "TILLY, thank you!" Trevor said to her as he waves letting james be carried off quickly on the stretcher "i just need some bandaging ocus on my freind james please.....is lord brock still in the abbey? If so i need to talk to him at the soonest occasion" Trevor said before groaning as he fell to the ground in pain and waved off the help instead he slowly stood with great effort and followed a mouse to the infirmary

james would arrive first on the stretcher once re moving his cloak she would find claw marks agaisnt his back and a few arrows lodged in the armor under neath all wounds of fighting but the worse was the gash's in his back where the armor was torn through, it was birds claws. something tried to pick him up but he was either dragged or struggled enough to get out of the grasp. james was silent and passed out. removing the armor showed a makeshift bandage on his chest but all the arrowheads were still in his chest and side.

Trevor entered next and sat on an empty bed next to james he was panting heavily easily tired and had the same claw mark on his back as well as marks from weapons hitting him the cloaks were filled with cuts and holes that were seen once removed. whatever the two got into it was war for them to get back.
ImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Who else's abl' t' speak f'r Redwall," Owain queried as Brum asked why she should be the leader. "Paw down, Pet'r," he added with a grin. When asked if they had time to meet with the Shrews he replied he thought it best. "They c'n tell us wha' maybe ahead."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Kelly stepped through the gates of redwall, looking about him at the time with his wings folded about his body. He walked like a regular animal and he simply looked like a small mouse with a large sword strapped to his back with his cloak over his head. His face was clouded in shadows as he moved forward, looking about. He knew that this place would be friendly, he'd heard rumors, but he didn't know how they would react to a bat among them since they were, all of them, regular land bound creatures as far as he knew. He looked about him and tried to find someone to speak to about the area, he knew that it was peaceful country but he needed a place to stay and had heard many tales of Redwall warriors, small outside of battle but having a powerful aura about them in the throes of combat that they felt necessary.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote: "He sounds like a wise otter. Was he a gardener too when he wasn't travelling?" Rudy queries. "Well, you will, of course, be welcome to visit us any time you like. And we'll gladly send aid to your home if ever you need it. And you're right. It's always good to have a purpose in life. Gives you a reason to get up in the morning, my mother used to say. My purpose is to keep the abbey grounds looking attractive but more importantly to keep the abbey's kitchens stocked so that everyone here can be fed. And I'm sure I don't need to tell you how satisfying it is to eat something you've grown and nurtured." the gardener smiles.
"Shall we get that water then? Do you still have the bucket?"
"No sir, Pa told me that he was a merchant's son. He learned the trade from his pa, who learned from his. But that was all before he met Ma," Aldryd said, "Ma and Ma's family were farmers though."

He tapped the side of the pail, rattling it, "I've still got it here," he said, "And thank you kindly, I will be sure to come over often, just so long as there are jobs for me to do!" Aldryd laughed then, "I would like to see that girl again too, who was teaching me how to read. That way we can find my brothers, aye?"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: Brother Jack blinks five times in surprise before replying.
"Um... Okay... S-sorry, did you say a fox? Forgive my asking but how does that work? And could you give me a paw back up? I'm not as sprightly as I used to be..."
Marko let go of his paw. "'Vell being a fox is much more 'dan having red fur or a long tail," explained Marko, "It is about what is inside! If you cut me open and cut another fox open you 'vould find that our hearts are 'de same. 'Vell, mine might being a bit bigger." He let out a loud chuckle at this last remark.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "It's quite okay." Edlyn counsels, putting a comforting arm around Sara's shoulders. "You're in a new place with new creatures you don't know and with no memory. It's natural to be anxious. I'm sure I'd be quite terrified in your position. We can take things as slowly as you like... Would you prefer to just walk and talk? Or would you like some time alone to gather your thoughts? It's up to you.".
"well.....walk and talk would be fine mam, I still need to get familiar with the surroundings and all....." Sara replied with a small smile.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All right. Is there any particular area of our abbey you'd like to visit?" Edlyn queries.

==========
Jack shudders at the idea of cutting anyone up.
"I see... Well, it's unusual but okay... But where are my manners? I suppose you didn't come here to discuss your species with me. Would you like a tour of the belltower?"

==========
"Rudy, not sir." Rudy reminds the otter. "But sure, we can organise that. Who was it you saw earlier?" he queries, fumbling for the otter's paw and then leading the big creature to the pond in which a pair of otters are currently swimming laps. racing each other past the reeds.

==========
"He is but I'm not sure where. You go straight to the infirmary. Jekky, would you go find him and send him to the infirmary please?"
"Of course." The young mouse to whom Tilly had spoken leaves his side of the stretcher to the care of a bigger dormouse and scampers off in search of the badger.

"Excuse me, sir." Tilly calls to Kelly after dropping the heavy beam back into place across the gates.
"You're new here, aren't you? Welcome to Redwall! May I direct you somewhere? Also, may I please request that you leave your sword here in the gatehouse? We are a peaceful order and do not carry weapons. I promise your sword will be safe here when you wish to leave."

==========
"Bring them in, bring them in! My goodness gracious! Whatever happened to you both? Out out out, all you gawkers, and let me work!!" Evelyn feeds James a few drops of a strong potion that will keep him unconscious as she undresses him to get a better look at the wounds.
"He's lucky he had his armour. This wound needs stitching though." The hedgehog gets to work mending James with two assistants while a third nurse starts bustling around Trevor, removing his clothing to assess his injuries.
A moment later Brock bursts into the infirmary.
"I came as quick as I could, Trevor. What in tarnation happened? Er, pardon my language, sisters." he apologises, bowing to the nurses.

==========
"Good point... Okay, let's stop for lunch." Brum allows the shrew to lead her group a few hundred yards further down the road to where a makeshift campsite has been set up. A pair of shrews are tending to a small, smokeless fire and toasting oatcakes, a favourite fare of shrews. Brum indicates that Peter should share some of the food from their provisions with the shrews as it's only fair and she allows him to pick what to eat.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

22xander

Post by 22xander »

Kelly, sighing, slipped his hood from his head to put a bit of a bite in his words. "This blade is one I have carried since my mother died in battle, with it in her claws. Silver guilded into steel and baithed in the blood of hundreds of vermine enemies, each one with the tip of their blade at an innocent's throat." He sighed, and hoisted it from his shoulder in it's leather and fur sheath. "Fine, but you must protect it, yes?" He slipped his hood back onto his head after attempting a smile with his rather sharp teeth. Then he sliped his claw down to his ankle and also removed a Dirk he held their with the same silver guilding.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: Jack shudders at the idea of cutting anyone up.
"I see... Well, it's unusual but okay... But where are my manners? I suppose you didn't come here to discuss your species with me. Would you like a tour of the belltower?"

"I 'vpuld be honored if you would showing me," replied Marko.

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Um," Aldryd said, knocking on his head, trying to remember, "Uh... I think she was a squirrel. Broom? Er, maybe Brumble... Brum?"

He came to a start seeing these new otters, "Who are they, Rudy? Friends?"
Hotep the psychic

Trevor was staring at james, who only made noises at the pain. Though the armor was shredded it saved his life and the same could be said about trevor. Upon removing his armor anyone could see the many scars across his chest and back from previous fights. The fresh wounds came from nearly every weapon. Stab wounds and deep cuts even remnants of arrows still lodged in the armor had stuck into them but not deep to cause trouble.

When Brock entered trevor sighed and winced gritting his teeth as they tend to the wounds on him. "Ambush....we were looking for signs if what happened to the people of the village when we found more crows feathers. They led to the church ruins.......and we found a large camp their..." Trevor said bluntly pausing every so often to wince or groan as the nurse removed the broken arrows from his back.

Although it wasn't a lot to go off of him church ruins could probably mean one place and then trevor looked at the badger in the eyes "while there, we saw the crows taking people away....And we found the largest raven we have ever seen...and because of him we were ambushed and had to fight our way out...a methinks going on brock.....and it's not good" Trevor said with a serious tone before screaming suddenly as the nurse removed one arrow lodged in his shoulder and then apologized
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"All right. Is there any particular area of our abbey you'd like to visit?" Edlyn queries.
"well , I don't know much around to decide" Sara replied quietly "but if it's ok with yo-" the vixen stopped mid sentence , her ears perked up "Erm, I think I heard something"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Peter picked out some breads and seasonal fruits from the food stores and handed them over as Owain ran his semi-expert eye over the locals, looking for the potential weak links in case he needed one. He hoped he didn't. The desire to trust these people was strong but h'd been wrong before. He wondered idly if tales of him hd reached here. He knew full well he wasn't the only walker in the world.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Of course. It shall be safe in the gatehouse and you'll be free to collect it whenever you decide to leave. Thank you for your cooperation and welcome to Redwall. If you follow this path straight along it'll take you directly to the front door and into the Great Hall." Tilly advises, taking the weapons.

==========
"Well, then a tour you shall have! I'm honoured to be able to educate you!" Jack smiles, clapping.
"For starters, these ropes here are not the original ropes however the two bells are the original Matthias and Methuselah bells. Erm... How much do you know of our abbey's history, friend? Let me know if you need clarification on anything or if you have any questions."

==========
"Ah, Brum. A lovely lass, her. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up Abbess one day. But don't tell her I said that. It makes her all flustered. Rudy grins.
"They?" Rudy queries, tilting his ears towards the pond and listening.
"Ah, I'd know that laughter anywhere. That's Tullo, Skipper of Holt Redwall, and his wife, Freya. Oi, Skip!" the mouse whistles, "Got a new friend for you!"
"That so?" the burly creature calls back, doing a lazy backstroke to where Aldryd and Rudy are waiting on the shore. He stands in the shallows and flicks water from his whiskers and eyes before extending a giant paw to Aldryd.
"Well, hey there, Matey! Why, 'tis almost like lookin' in a mirror. You me long-lost brother or somethin'?" he grins jovially, his tone making it clear that the question is asked in jest. It's undeniable that there is a similarity of appearance between the two otters though.

==========
"Sorry, sir. had to come out. I have to stitch that too. Here, drink this - it'll help dull the pain - and then put this between your teeth and bite it." The vole-nurse tending to Trevor passes him a cup of the same potion given to James along with a short length of dowel wrapped in a soft bandage.
"It'll make you a bit sleepy and that's normal and if you want to fall asleep with it then that's fine. Lord Brock, I must request that you please resume this questioning after we've finished tending to the patients."
"Very well, Sister. Far be it from me to interrupt your work. I'll be waiting in the hall, Trevor." so saying, the badger exits the infirmary and shuts the door. He can just be seen whispering to a hare as the door clicks shut.
"Now, sir. Please drink and bite." the nurse instructs, holding out the cup and dowel again.

==========
"What did you hear?" Edlyn queries, tilting her head. "My ears are not what they used to be."

==========
Once everyone is settled and munching and introductions are made, the chief of the shrews, Torr, who has the title of Log-a-Log, calls his shrews to order and then addresses the group of travellers.
"So what brings such a motley crew of Redwallers so far out?" Brum swallows and hesitates, not sure how much she should say. To cover her uncertainty, she defers to Owain.
"Well, Owain is a better story teller than I and this is his story so I'll let him explain." she smiles smoothly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

22xander

Post by 22xander »

Kelly nodded. "Of course, I suppose I'll be happy for this respite from the vermin I must fight constantly to keep the Hamlets truely safe." He walked forward and into the hall, putting his hood back on so as not to startle anyone. He kept his needy eyes on the people around him, hoping to run into someone who looked interesting.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain heard his name and sauntered over. "S'really no' too much've a story," he said. "I'm Owain Ap Daffydd o' th' march's," he said in introduction, offering a handpaw to Tugg, "an' I've walk'd most've this land. Few wythnosau... uh... weeks back, in thi' forest, I watch'd a small band've vermin 'ead'd North aft'r troublin' a village. I 'ead'd down t' 'elp," he continued, knowing he was adding information to the beginning of the tale but knowing it changed little. "I couldna 'elp th' wounded bu' the band had stole three plant... uh... Dribbluns...Dibbuns!" He sat on the ground. "I wen' aft'r the band an' caught 'em by night. I found th' dibbuns an' rescu'd 'em wi'out engagin' the vermin..." The slight look in his eye showed he was lying for obvious reasons. "I snuck 'em back 'ome an' one've th' moth'rs says I should go see th' loc'l Pistyll... uh.... fallin' wat'r? Tha's th' one," he said when someone corrected him. "No' far from there, I found a cave wi' some things in it. Nice stuff. Ol' Redwall stuff it seems. As I found out whe' I gave th' Goblet I carried as hon'r f'r the abbey lettin' me stay. Now we're goin' f'r the rest."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Trevor could only nod to the badger. and with that drank The potion down and biting down on the dowel hard. he would feel a little woozy but not much would affect him to finish his job. he winced as he let the voles work him over.

James having fallen asleep now to recover his mind only going back over the encounter he had faced
ImageImageImage
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Ah, Brum. A lovely lass, her. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up Abbess one day. But don't tell her I said that. It makes her all flustered. Rudy grins.
"They?" Rudy queries, tilting his ears towards the pond and listening.
"Ah, I'd know that laughter anywhere. That's Tullo, Skipper of Holt Redwall, and his wife, Freya. Oi, Skip!" the mouse whistles, "Got a new friend for you!"
"That so?" the burly creature calls back, doing a lazy backstroke to where Aldryd and Rudy are waiting on the shore. He stands in the shallows and flicks water from his whiskers and eyes before extending a giant paw to Aldryd.
"Well, hey there, Matey! Why, 'tis almost like lookin' in a mirror. You me long-lost brother or somethin'?" he grins jovially, his tone making it clear that the question is asked in jest. It's undeniable that there is a similarity of appearance between the two otters though.
Aldryd's crooked muzzle split into a wide grin and took the other's paw in a tight shake, "Haw haw friend, suppose your nose gets broken a few more times and we'll be just the same." he said back, mirroring the joking tone. "So y'are a skipper, yeah? That's an awful strange way of walkin'"

The big otter waved to the woman still in the water, "It's good to meet you too there, ma'am!"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "What did you hear?" Edlyn queries, tilting her head. "My ears are not what they used to be."
"oh...." Sara muttered , her ears still trying to find the sounds "I'm sorry mam , I thought I heard some commotions" she said , then noticed a hooded figure, but she quickly looked away , curiosity tends to bring bad luck , at least to her.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Well, then a tour you shall have! I'm honoured to be able to educate you!" Jack smiles, clapping.
"For starters, these ropes here are not the original ropes however the two bells are the original Matthias and Methuselah bells. Erm... How much do you know of our abbey's history, friend? Let me know if you need clarification on anything or if you have any questions."
"I knowing a bit of 'de history," replied Marko, "But I've never heard 'de history from some from Redwall itself."

22xander

Post by 22xander »

Serence Frostbite wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote: "What did you hear?" Edlyn queries, tilting her head. "My ears are not what they used to be."
"oh...." Sara muttered , her ears still trying to find the sounds "I'm sorry mam , I thought I heard some commotions" she said , then noticed a hooded figure, but she quickly looked away , curiosity tends to bring bad luck , at least to her.
Kelly was surprised and glared at the fox, somewhat wishing he had a blade. He decided not to make a comment, but took his hood off his completely different looking head covered in battle scars. He was the size of s mouse, but after revealing his face it was obvious to them that he wasn't one. "Hello their Redwallers, I am glad to be here and welcome. I had to leave my blade and stay it so be glad fox, even so if you cross one line I will spill your blood red with tooth and claw." As he said this he flipped his cloke back so as to reveal his sharp claws and full wings.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

22xander wrote: Kelly was surprised and glared at the fox, somewhat wishing he had a blade. He decided not to make a comment, but took his hood off his completely different looking head covered in battle scars. He was the size of s mouse, but after revealing his face it was obvious to them that he wasn't one. "Hello their Redwallers, I am glad to be here and welcome. I had to leave my blade and stay it so be glad fox, even so if you cross one line I will spill your blood red with tooth and claw." As he said this he flipped his cloke back so as to reveal his sharp claws and full wings.
"I....." Sara blurted out , her ears flattened hearing the threat , but soon , fright was replaced by sadness , but in her eyes and in her voice
"Yes..I-I understand........"
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Serence Frostbite wrote: "I....." Sara blurted out , her ears flattened hearing the threat , but soon , fright was replaced by sadness , but in her eyes and in her voice
"Yes..I-I understand........"
"Good then, I will spend time with you two. And as long as you do nothing to harm any of these fine people we will not have any problem, OK?" He smiled, which looked both odd and a little off with his sharp bat teeth in his mouse sized face. "I don't wish to hurt anyone, and I'm sorry, I've just had to many experiences with fighting vermin... And I've had enough where foxes were on the wrong side. You understand?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It's a busy abbey, my dear. There's almost always a commotion happening somewhere." Edlyn soothes the fox as the bat approaches.

At first she's too shocked to speak at the brusque manner of the newcomer but she quickly recovers her wits, responding with the grace and calmness that befits her station.
"Please, sir. We are a peaceful order and have no need of threats of violence or such language here. Sara here is a welcome guest in our abbey and shall be such as long as she wishes to remain with us. I am Edlyn, Mother Abbess of Redwall. Welcome, good sir. It has been many seasons since a bat last graced our halls. To what do we owe this pleasure?" she queries, placing a paw on Sara's shoulder in a comforting manner as she talks.

==========
"All right then, Marko. I shan't go into too much detail to save on time but feel free to interrupt any time if you have any questions. So, the ropes you see here were kindly donated to our abbey by Brang Forgefire, a badger lord of Salamandastron, many many seasons ago. The bells which we've just rung are the Matthias Bell on the left rope, and the Methuselah Bell on the right, named after two famed creatures of our past. Matthias the Warrior killed Cluny the Scourge, a villainous rat, and saved our abbey. Methuselah was a great friend of Matthias and one of the oldest and wisest mice our order has ever known. He was sadly killed shortly before the final battle so the second bell was named in his honour. The bells were both cast from the Great Joseph Bell which was broken when Matthias the Warrior cut the ropes holding it up, causing it to fall and kill Cluny who was standing underneath, thus winning the battle. Any questions so far? Shall we go up and look at the bells?"

==========
"Haha! Get's me around faster, so 't does!" Tullo grins, punching Alrdyd's arm playfully as Freya returns Aldryd's greeting politely and slightly shyly.
"Skipper's me title though: means I'm the leader o' the Redwall otters! Ain't you never been in a proper Holt before?"

==========
"Just raise your paw if it gets too painful, sir, and we'll stop and give you some more potion." the vole advises Trevor, noticing that he's still awake and wincing.

==========
"A noble quest indeed, reuniting lost property with its owners." Torr does notice the look in Owain's eye but he trusts Redwall implicitly and knows Brum by sight so he doesn't press for answers.
"I suppose you'd like our side of the story now..." he sighs. "To be honest, we're on the way to Redwall ourselves. It's not often a shrew asks for help but this time... We need it. We heard the Badger Lord was in residence and we hoped his military expertise and his tracking hares can help us... See, it's like this... There's no nice way of saying it so I'm just going to come out and say it... About two nights ago our women and children and several of our men were kidnapped by great birds. We chased them on the ground as far as we could but in the dark and in the forest we soon lost them... We were wanting to know if news of them had reached Redwall or if anyone there had seen similar reports and could point us in the right direction..."

Brum sits in shocked silence at this revelation, her mind reeling as she tries to process the scale of the attack and its consequences.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I've 'eard rum'rs," Owain said,"O' th' callusness've adar nearby. Seen some little've m'sel' bu' 'im," he added, pointing at Peter as he practised with his bow and successfully hit a tree, "might well tell y' more."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
22xander

Post by 22xander »

"Ma'am, I apologize, I understand that your order detests violence when it isn't nessisary. But until the age of five I was raised in the northern regions, where it was a constant war with other clans and with vermin masses." He again tried to smile but his mouth really wasn't made for it. "So yes, I have left my blades at the door, dispute not having removed it from my body since the day my father died and gave me my mother's final possessions. I don't wish to cause any trouble, so I will keep my claws and teeth to myself as long as no creatures decide to attack anyone else then I will taste their blood if I have anything to say about it. I'm bound by my oath to allow no harm to come to peaceful folk like your self, as is evident in the long years I have spent projecting many a town from hillside to hillside. I will simply rest here my dear, as long as that is still exceptable even with the blood of hundreds that stains my eternal soul."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:
"Haha! Get's me around faster, so 't does!" Tullo grins, punching Alrdyd's arm playfully as Freya returns Aldryd's greeting politely and slightly shyly.
"Skipper's me title though: means I'm the leader o' the Redwall otters! Ain't you never been in a proper Holt before?"

Aldryd's grin grew wider, showing more of his sharp teeth and lightly swatted back

"Rah, no I don't think so," he said, "Growing up it was just me an' ma an' pa, an' my brothers too."

He scratched at crooked nose sheepishly

"An' then I left home when my brothers said they wanted the farm from pa. Was alone after that..." he said, "Uh, but what's a holt?"
Hotep the psychic

Trevor gritted the pain. He had used alot of energy doing so but all the same once the vole finished he stood strong. The raccoon may have been between ages but his soul was as large as the moon and it had him stand through it all.

He bowed to the nurse in thanks showing a freindly smile then put on his clothes even in the tatters or damage they were in and moved inti the hall to join Brock.
ImageImageImage
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "All right then, Marko. I shan't go into too much detail to save on time but feel free to interrupt any time if you have any questions. So, the ropes you see here were kindly donated to our abbey by Brang Forgefire, a badger lord of Salamandastron, many many seasons ago. The bells which we've just rung are the Matthias Bell on the left rope, and the Methuselah Bell on the right, named after two famed creatures of our past. Matthias the Warrior killed Cluny the Scourge, a villainous rat, and saved our abbey. Methuselah was a great friend of Matthias and one of the oldest and wisest mice our order has ever known. He was sadly killed shortly before the final battle so the second bell was named in his honour. The bells were both cast from the Great Joseph Bell which was broken when Matthias the Warrior cut the ropes holding it up, causing it to fall and kill Cluny who was standing underneath, thus winning the battle. Any questions so far? Shall we go up and look at the bells?"
"None so far," replied Marko, "Please continue."

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh? What've you heard, lad? Do tell." the stocky shrew encourages the vole.

==========
"And no harm shall befall any creature here whilst I remain Abbess." Edlyn nods. "You are, of course, welcome to stay with us for as long as you desire and if you desire food or medical attention or anything else you have only to ask. I only ask that in turn you soften your tone somewhat as creatures here may not take kindly to false accusations such as the one you made against Sara here. In fact, I am sure that Sara would appreciate an apology. But why don't we start this conversation over again and have a fresh start? I believe you now have us at a disadvantage, good sir." the elderly mouse smiles gently.

==========
"Why, a holt's an otter's home, so 'tis. But more'n tha', it's 'is clan, 'is loyalty!" Tullo exclaims. "Redwall's me 'ome an' me life. So 'tis also me holt. You follow?"

==========
"Sir, please. You should wait in here until the wound scabs and until the potion wears off. I don't want you collapsing on the stairs or ripping out the stitches or anything silly like that!" the vole exclaims, hurrying after the raccoon. Brock looks on, hiding his amusement at the tiny nurse chasing the big warrior.

==========
"All right. Let's go up then, shall we? I hope you're feeling fit! It's quite the climb!" Jack smiles.
"Race you if you like!" Viv grins at Marko.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"W...well," Peter said hesitantly, "my friend, Charles? He, uh, his family was hit by the birds on the way to Redwall. He... he got to Redwall but, uh, his grandfather... I. I don't know what happened to him. His... his brother is going to arrive there in a few days..." he tailed off.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

Trevor sighed "Do not worry on that, the wounds will heal. As to the potion it would take more than that to do much to me. i would suggest something stronger like mead next time.Ill be careful enough to not ruin the stitching." trevor said warmly back to the little vole "i do thank you for your grand work to care and tend to me, but my freind needs it more" Trevor said refering to james.
ImageImageImage