Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Unusuallynamedperson

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

joy! My sister graduated! :D
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Joy: It's official! I'm going to Japan to teach English! *is excite* :D
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

Obbl wrote:Joy: It's official! I'm going to Japan to teach English! *is excite* :D
Whoa, nice!
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Obbl wrote:Joy: It's official! I'm going to Japan to teach English! *is excite* :D
Wow, looks like you'll be taking the mod night shift. :)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: Lost a decent friend.
Joy: Having so much fun playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Sorrow: the actor Carlo Pedersoli, better known as Bud Spencer, died at 86 years old. RIP good giant.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: I have a job interview tomorrow! I need the cash so wish me luck!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Unusuallynamedperson

luck wished
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: Got an A in my class and now have more free time!

Sorrow: My mate may have to spend my first year of medical school in another town...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Congrats, Sleet. :D
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sorrow: My lactose intolerance is getting worse. All I did was put cheese on my spaghetti! T_T

Joy: Summer classes are ending soon.
Joy: I got a job offer at the school I transferred to! Woohoo!
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Beagle wrote:Sorrow: My lactose intolerance is getting worse. All I did was put cheese on my spaghetti! T_T
I know the feeling. Eating ice cream sends me straight to the toilet afterwards. Not milk, not cheese, nothing like that. Just ice cream...

Joy: I finished Undertale. Cannot begin to explain how good a game that was. Had me reacting to it more than most other games. Lots more cheers and jeers. Such a good game. Got that TP run. So good. And not by coincidence at all, my new profile picture is of the annoying dog, from a fan comic of the game.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

They have lactase pills, don't they!

Joy: 4-day weekend!
Sorrow: 10-day work week after that!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Unusuallynamedperson

joy/sorrow I haven't been fired yet, tho there's been a complaint directly to my boss. instead I'll be taking more training...always the simple stupid stuff for me to.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Unusuallynamedperson wrote:joy/sorrow I haven't been fired yet, tho there's been a complaint directly to my boss. instead I'll be taking more training...always the simple stupid stuff for me to.
Lucky you. My first complaint to my boss resulted in my employment being terminated.
Unusuallynamedperson

What I don't get is how it's always ALWAYS the stupid stuff for me, this time I didn't call lost's, last time I forgot to put a mop away or something.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow: A little over a month of waking up before 7:15 and now it's like an involuntary alarm clock. Sun comes throw the window and I'm up. I just want to sleep in, *groan*....
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Sorrow: last Sunday I had an epilepsy seizure. That's why I'm not visiting the forums too much.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

tsMKG wrote:Sorrow: last Sunday I had an epilepsy seizure. That's why I'm not visiting the forums too much.
Hi tsMKG and anyone else who may have epileptic seizures!

You can turn off all images and flashing images on this forum. I don't know if you have a total restriction on computers and digital screens, but the forum will be pretty much all text with the blue overlay after you take the following steps:

Go to the top of any HP! forum page and click: User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> Edit display options.

Then you can turn off images within posts, flash animations, smilies as images, signatures, and avatars. Literally the only image that will display is the HP! logo at the top of the webpage.

You must be logged into the forum for these preferences to have any affect on your HP browsing sessions. If you are logged out, flashing images will still display.

I turned all of this off when I joined 5 years ago. I do not have epileptic seizures, but I had dial-up internet for a very long time and this made the HP! forum load way faster! I hope you are doing okay, and I hope this helps you remain comfortable here on HP!

~~~~~~~

Joy: Pokemon Go was released today! Woo!
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

Sorrow: heard one of my great uncles had a large chunk of a tree fall on him, which punctured a lung and broke some ribs..

Joy:He is still alive and is in somewhat stable condition in a hospital
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

This week for me has been rather full of sorrows, so much that I feel emotionally and physically drained atm. I don't feel like talking about them, but I hope next week would be a bit better at least

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

I hope you get through those sorrows of yours, kuro. And maybe get some joys too. I say this to all of you as well.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Yeah, I am getting better this week, thankfully. Thanks for the best wishes :3 Though...

Slight sorrow: I just got to learn of a plot resolution about a Housepets comic arc by reading the wiki, and that made me read it back up again for a bit. See, while I still come here to the forums and drew a few fanarts here and there, I actually have stopped reading the comic entirely for... up to 2 years now? Back then, I was reeeeally obsessed with the characters, each and every one of them, and ideas for stories and fanarts for them have been filling my head ever since 2011. Sad thing is, almost all of these ideas are sad ones, or even tragic and downright mean AUs, and I just couldn't stop thinking of these headcanons that they start to pervade my daily life and thoughts. I also felt guilty, because back then my depression was worse and I was projecting my sadness and negative outlook in life on these characters, thus making me think of these sad things more and making things worse. That's one reason I just stopped cold turkey 2 years ago.

Getting that spoiler-ish info is bringing back those memories, and immediately a new AU story idea formed in my head, and a rather sad one at that. I could just type it out and get it over with, but I don't really know what happened exactly to these characters in the 2 years I've stopped reading, and a good key to a great fanfic is you need to know your source material thoroughly. I still don't feel like reading the comic again because I was afraid I might be brought back to those troubled times.

Slight joy: Still, I am glad this quirk of mine is not as bad as it once was, and with a few hilarious videos, I got out of another potential depression hole and feel okay. I also like the fact that I was able to think out a somewhat solid story for this character's AU in just half an hour, and that I can just write it out in one sitting if I chose to. Looks like all these years RPing in the RP thread had paid off a bit :3

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I don't know. The one fanfiction for this comic that I have actually finished was particularly sad because I was in a very frustrated and depressed state of mind. It helped me work through the feelings and come out more at peace. I don't know if that sort of thing works for everyone, but it was very useful to me.

Joy: Family coming up! :D
Panic: The cleaning that must still be done!!! :o
ShadowLightning

I kinda know how that feels. I haven't read the comic around almost the same time and I've made some rather sad AUs and fanfics of some of the characters, but I haven't really written any of them so...

Sorrow: I feel tired today. Went home hoping I could take a nap but nope, older sister didn't do some chores before leaving the house, so I had to do some of them. I guess I'm partly to blame for being in such a bad mood...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hopefully you can get a very deep sleep tonight. Being tired in the day may sometimes lead to a sound sleep at night

ShadowLightning

I thought the same thing too yesterday. I was wrong. Then again, I went to bed a little too late that night so... that might have been my fault.

A little Joy: Had a quick (1 hour) nap. Still feel tired, but I hate the world a little less now. (Translation: Slightly better mood)
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

Joy: two of my friends came over for a surprise visit on my day off work and turned my lonely/depressed mood completely around. :3
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Joy: I have more free time to post again!
Sorrow; I have to move after having our home invaded. Also someone broke our door down and tried to get in. No one was hurt, which is very fortunate because I went right after the man to force him out.... in the heat of the moment I didn't even think about the risk.
Sorrow: Said break in has me jumpy and worried, nightmares and stuff, still a bit shaken but doing okay.
Joy: I no longer work at Walmart (this is a very big joy because I was always busy with an inconsistent schedule.) I now work at a job with a little more security and enough pay that I can in theory go back to being on my own instead of the current living situation. So good things all around.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Jacey wrote:Joy: I have more free time to post again!
Sorrow; I have to move after having our home invaded. Also someone broke our door down and tried to get in. No one was hurt, which is very fortunate because I went right after the man to force him out.... in the heat of the moment I didn't even think about the risk.
Sorrow: Said break in has me jumpy and worried, nightmares and stuff, still a bit shaken but doing okay.
Joy: I no longer work at Walmart (this is a very big joy because I was always busy with an inconsistent schedule.) I now work at a job with a little more security and enough pay that I can in theory go back to being on my own instead of the current living situation. So good things all around.

Oh man, dude... A break in is probably one of the most messed up things that can happen to the person.

Do at least feel proud that you were the one to defuse the situation.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miffed: Seller on Amazon sent the wrong item. Dunno if I'm going to pay for the return out of pocket or if Amazon is going to spare me the change.
ShadowLightning

Joy: It's raaaaaaaiiiiniiiiiing~! :D :D :D
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Joy: visited the world's biggest pokemon centre in Tokyo! Reliving my childhood for an hour or so <3
still no pokemon go in Japan, or my home country though :(

Sorrow: leaving Japan early August
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I get a weekend now! ^_^ And I'm keeping on top of all my medical school applications.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:
Oh man, dude... A break in is probably one of the most messed up things that can happen to the person.

Do at least feel proud that you were the one to defuse the situation.
A tad proud sure. But ultimately its not something I want to be proud of, because that situation should never happen again. But its good to know what will happen if I must protect people I love.
Sleet wrote:Joy: I get a weekend now! ^_^ And I'm keeping on top of all my medical school applications.
Yay! weekends! Good work my friend.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
AstroOtter

Post by AstroOtter »

Sorrow: I lost my dog to cancer today. She was the best dog in the world, and I will miss her so very much. The rewards of pet ownership, and the pain of the inevitable loss, are immense. It was a privilege to share these years with you, Ashley, and you will always have a place in my heart.
Creature of chaos with long slender body, heavy tail, and clever hands. I am to water as a dragon is to fire. And I'm adorable.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

sorry for your loss, astro. nothing really prepares us for losing our pets, even though we know it'll happen.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

AstroOtter wrote:Sorrow: I lost my dog to cancer today. She was the best dog in the world, and I will miss her so very much. The rewards of pet ownership, and the pain of the inevitable loss, are immense. It was a privilege to share these years with you, Ashley, and you will always have a place in my heart.
I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs tight*
Beagle wrote:Sorrow: My lactose intolerance is getting worse. All I did was put cheese on my spaghetti! T_T
Oh, I thought properly aged cheese doesn't contain lactose anymore...
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Deske

Post by Deske »

AstroOtter wrote:Sorrow: I lost my dog to cancer today. She was the best dog in the world, and I will miss her so very much. The rewards of pet ownership, and the pain of the inevitable loss, are immense. It was a privilege to share these years with you, Ashley, and you will always have a place in my heart.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I couldn't imagine losing my dog and I don't even live with him anymore. I hope you're holding up all right.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Sorrow: Haven't gotten out to do anything fun with people in a while and it's making me a little bitter. If insurance and parking weren't a hassle, I'd save up for a car so I wouldn't be a burden to whoever I want to meet with.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.