Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

(( Forcing progression here. You guys need to post more. ))

Sid kept following the scent, and was so entranced by it that he stopped watching where it was leading him. He hit Ian's hip with a light thump before he stopped to look up, pulling a foreleg up to straighten his glasses, "Oh, hi."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin followed Sid, tracking Ian's scent. He was about to say that he found Ian, when he saw Sid bump into him. Erin couldn't help but giggle a little bit. He smiled, "Terry! We found Ian!" He told Terry before looking to Ian, "I'm so glad we found you!" He told Ian.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam giggled a bit when Sid ran into Ian's leg. "Hey Ian! We've been looking all over for you." She smiled down at the Corgi.

---------

Carol waved goodbye before walking into the kitchen. Cale sighed with relief, glad his mom didn't notice his bloody bandages. He started limping towards the bathroom. "Stupid foot, gotta keep causing me problems..." he mumbled.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian was still staring up at the huge dog in amazement went he felt something bump him. The little corgi jumped away, arms up defensively. "Gah! Who-" He stopped looking at the pets that had seemed to appear from nowhere. He recognized some, Sam was comign toward him, along with Erin, and when Ian looked down he came face to face with the one who'd bumped him. A black cat. "Uhhh..." But he wasn't able to say anymore, as Terry came full sprint from behind Sam, tackling Ian. "IAN! OMYGODIMSOSORRYWELEFTYOUAREYOUOK?!" Ian gave the others a confused look, then began the tiresome business of prying the blue cat off of himself. "Ah... I'm fine, Terry, I was just lost... for a bit..."
Cornflakes

Post by Cornflakes »

Mususaki wrote:Jenny's father smiled at the fox.

"Yay!" Jenny hopped up and down, still holding Lisitsan's paws. Her tongue plopped out of her mouth as she panted happily.

"Well, perhaps we could make our way around the block and see what all this development has, hm?" Jenny's father tilted his head to one side with his inquiry. Jenny flopped one ear to the side.

"Hey! Maybe we can find some nummy-food!" Jenny piped, her curled tail flipping about behind her.
"Definitely! That would be awesome! Jenny, let's go!" , Lisitsan bounded out the door excitedly, awaiting the fun ahead.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Neko wrote:Darin slumped back against his mother's chest. "Yea I guess..."
Magnolia hugged Darin to her stomach. "It's for the best little one. Everyone has a nice home now."
Rikki and Jack nodded. "That's right," Rikki said, "The rest of your pack is safe and settled. You're the only one left." He hopped down and walked over to Darin, "So. Where would you like to go? Hmm? Who would you like to live with?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin looked at Rikki confused, not quite understanding the question. "W-What do you mean? Aren't I going to...live here?" He hadn't to keen on living at the zoo, but at least he'd be with his parents.

Magnolia smiled weakly and cuddles Darin against her stomach. "Me and your father have talked about this, and we want you to live outside of the zoo. We don't mind living here, we've already had a wonderful life in the wild and settling down here is good for us."

Arcturus cut in, "And we don't want you to be raised in captivity. A wolf shouldn't be shamed to live their whole life in captivity. The workers have agreed to help locate you a pack that would take you in."

Darin looked up into his mother's eyes, letting the words sink in. "You...want me to live with another pack?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki piped in, "Actually, we have one that could take him in: he met them earlier today. They live in the nearby preserve that me and Jack are from, but that's only if he wants to... Really, I want to know where you want to go, Darin. Can you answer that for me?"
"Yeah," Jack said, "Wherever you want to go, I can probably have you sent there. Whoever you want to live with. Just go ahead and tell us where yo want to go."
"But choose carefully," Rikki warned, "Once you go there, that's probably where you're staying: we can't keep moving you around forever."
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mususaki

Post by Mususaki »

Jenny bounced up and down, making her way to the front gate. Jenny's father followed leisurely, with his hands in his pant pockets, and smiling at the energetic puppy.

"You're sure Mr. Fredrickson won't mind you leaving such short notice, Lisitsan?" He tilted his head to the side, "I just don't want you to get into trouble with him."
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin looked to Matt and Frank, then to Rikki. "I-I Wanna...Stay with Matt and Frank."

Darin's parents eyed the pup, his mother spoke up. "Are you sure about this little one? You'll have to stay with them..."

Darin nodded, "Yes, I'm sure. They saved me, and I wanna stay with them."

Magnolia and Arcturus sighed a bit, disappointed that he'd rather be a pet, but understanding since the man had saved their child's life. It would only make sense for him to want to stay with them. "If that's what you truly want, then you have our permission," Arcturus said.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki looked a little hesitant, "Well... If it's ok with Matt and Frank... " He looked over at them...

(( K, KFC's turn ))
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin laughed a little as Terry tackled Ian, "Ian, I'm sorry that we left you. It was my fault for leading Terry to the forest." He apologized to Ian.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid pulled back onto his hind-legs, standing up to watch them.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian nodded at Erin, giving a weak smile. "Don't worry about it. It was partly my fault for storming off anyway." The corgi successfully wriggled out of Terry's grip, and the little blue cat pouted at him. "I'm sorry for leaving you too..." He whimpered, and Ian couldn't help but laugh. "It's ok, really. I'm just glad you guys found me..." He turned his eyes up to Sam and the black cat. "I suppose they talked you two into helping somehow... So thanks. I hope they didn't inconvenience you."
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

((Finally))

Matt and Frank had a spit-take.
"Seriously?! You want to live with us?!"
"You ain't yankin' on my collar, are you?"
"Because we'd totally take you in."
"Yeah! Totally! Just, umm... Rikki might have to give us some advice....."
Neko

Post by Neko »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:
Matt and Frank had a spit-take.
"Seriously?! You want to live with us?!"
"You ain't yankin' on my collar, are you?"
"Because we'd totally take you in."
"Yeah! Totally! Just, umm... Rikki might have to give us some advice....."
Darin giggled at the two, and his parents eyed them questionably.
Darin Had a huge smile on his face."Really, you will?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki stood back and nodded, thinking for a second... "Well... Matt, can I talk to you for a second? Frank can come too? I just want to say a couple things to you in, uh... private..." He gestured towards the door and took a step towards it...

-------- The Development --------
Sid put his arm over Sam's shoulder, pulling her side into his, "Not at all, we were hanging out with them, and were heading back anyway. Speaking of that..." He looked at her, "You think we should head back to my house? My dad should be home by now..."
Neko

Post by Neko »

Sam put her arm around Sid's torso, leaning into him a bit. "Yea we should do that, don't want your dad worrying or anything." She smiled at Ian and Terry. "I guess we'll see you all later. Don't get lost anymore, alright Ian?"
FunkyChickenFace

Matt and Frank were, well, understandably nervous about Rikki talking to them in private. After all, there had been some... yelling the last time they'd had a conversation.
"Umm... sure? What did you need?"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin smiled at Ian, "I'm just glad that nobody's hurt!" He said, with a little laugh at the end. A mosquito tried to bite Erin on his bare neck, but Erin swatted it, "But I have the nagging feeling that I forgot something important..." He said, thinking.
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Taku blinked looking between Xuan and the collar: he vaguely remembered his dad putting it on him at some point while he was half-conscious from blood-loss... He shook his head, I hope I don't get used to it: I just wanna get out outta here as soon as I can....
"Seems like... you don't like it... I presume? I guess it is just there so that people know you're under human protection eh?" Xuan let out a sigh, "That reminds me of the time when I was found by my owner, I'm being told that I'm pretty lucky to be found alive after I was abandoned as a pup. Yeah, the same feeling I got, when I was given this collar," Xuan look at his own collar tag glistening, "The feeling of being "protected"... Don't you feel the same...?"
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Taku raised a brow, Protected? He shook his head a bit, I'm a grown man: I don't need to be protected from anything... well... I wouldn't if I could open my mouth and use my teeth... He had stopped shaking his head and shrugged. He still couldn't wait to get the bandages off...

-------- The Zoo --------
FunkyChickenFace wrote:Matt and Frank were, well, understandably nervous about Rikki talking to them in private. After all, there had been some... yelling the last time they'd had a conversation.
"Umm... sure? What did you need?"
"I just have a couple things I wanna go over with you..." Rikki said, leading them out the back door. He closed it behind them and stood in front of them, "Raising a wolf-pup is a big responsibility. He's not gonna be like Frank, Frank's been specially bred so that he'll keep alot of his kitten-behaviors. Darin's not like that: he's a wolf, a wild animal, and he's going to grow up like one. In a few years, Darin is going to grow until he's almost your height, and he'll be able to pick you up and throw you, and don't even get me started on things like hunting and mating season... What I'm saying is, Darin's not going to be like a pet forever, he's more like a human-child: he's going to grow up. That's a big responsibility, and I want you to think about that before you say you can handle it." Rikki gave them a serious look.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Neko wrote:Sam put her arm around Sid's torso, leaning into him a bit. "Yea we should do that, don't want your dad worrying or anything." She smiled at Ian and Terry. "I guess we'll see you all later. Don't get lost anymore, alright Ian?"
Ian smiled at Sam. "Yeah, I'll try not to." He gave them a shy wave, but stopped. "Oh, wait. I never got your name." He said, giving the black cat an awkward look.

Terry hadn't really noticed that Sam and Sid were leaving. He was too busy giving Erin a concerned look. "Er..." Was all he could say as he pointed at the dog's neck.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Sid. My name's Sid." Sid told him, turning to walk away with Sam, "I know your name already, Ian. We'll see all of you later... I guess..."
FunkyChickenFace

Frank figured he should be insulted with what Rikki had just said about him, but really couldn't bother to do so. Matt sighed and shrugged.
"All I can do is my best, Rikki. Like Frank said, we'll need your advice on some stuff, but, well, I don't think there's much of a choice, you know? I mean, Darin's either gonna be stuck in a Zoo for the rest of his life or he's going to live with me. I can't let a kid who's known the wild stay locked up in a zoo for the rest of his life. I have to do SOMETHING about it, y'know? If I can't handle it, well, who else will?"
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Taku raised a brow, Protected? He shook his head a bit, I'm a grown man: I don't need to be protected from anything... well... I wouldn't if I could open my mouth and use my teeth... He had stopped shaking his head and shrugged. He still couldn't wait to get the bandages off...
Xuan noticed Taku's behavior, "Oh... I understand, I'm a housepet after all, I cannot compare myself with you..." Xuan let out a long sigh, "Sorry to sound depressing... maybe we should just go back inside or something, your recovery is more important now..."
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Taku gave him another puzzled look, Depressing? Go back inside? What? Man, housepets are so weird... Then again, it's kinda hard to figure someone out when you can't talk to them... He leaned against the building and slumped down again, letting out a long, constricted sigh as he slid into a sitting position.

-------- At the Zoo --------
Rikki nodded, "Alright, if you think you can handle it, I trust you. I just thought you should understand what you're getting into before you decide to take in a wild wolf. I can help you if you want me too, and I'm sure everything will be fine..." He looked around a bit, "In any case, that was all I wanted to say to you. Should we go back inside now?"
FunkyChickenFace

"Yeah, I dunno why we'd stay out here," Matt said, scratching his head. Frank made agreeing noises.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin watched as Rikki, Matt, and Frank departed from the room. I wonder what they're talking about. Is it- His thoughts were interrupted as Magnolia started to scratch her son's ears. He murred and leaned into her touch and she giggled down at her pup. She was going to miss him...

----------------

Sam waved to everyone before following alongside Sid, leaning into him a bit. "Your dad won't be worried or anything, will he?"
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian waved to them as they left. "See you around then." When they were a good distance away, he turned to Terry and Erin. "Hmm? What are you pointing at Terry?"

The blue cat didn't say anything. Just kept pointing.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid smiled, "Nah, he knows I can take care of myself. He used to not see me for days at a time when I was a stray..." He nuzzled the side of her neck, "Now I can tell him we're going out." He licked her and smiled, continuing on down the street.

---- The Zoo -----
Rikki nodded as he opened the door and led them back in, "Alright then!" he said to Darin with a smile, "Everything's settled: Matt will take care of you from now on, I'll teach you to hunt and all that, and we'll come back and visit your parents regularly. How's all that sound?" He stopped in front of Darin and stood with a smile.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Magnolia stopped the scratching when the small group returned, Darin's eye's lit up at the good news. He smiled and wagged his tail, "R-really, you can do all that? That would be great!"

Arcturus eyed the raccoon, "Your going to teach him how to hunt?"

--------------

"Will he be okay with...me not being a cat?" Sam leaned a bit more into Sid. She had been worrying what Sid's dad would say about her going out with Sid.
FunkyChickenFace

Frank and Matt glanced Rikki's way as well. A raccoon teaching a wolf? The idea seemed dubious at best.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki nodded, "Of course, I already taught my two boys to hunt, and I've had a wolf for a hunting partner since the summer I found my mate. I'm sure I can teach him to hunt just as well..."

==== The Development ====
Sid laughed, "Why not? I'm sure he'd have no reason to care... besides..." he purred and nuzzked her neck again, "How could he resist someone as 'attractive' (( to keep Sid PG. XD )) as you...?"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

JOFOXX wrote:Ian waved to them as they left. "See you around then." When they were a good distance away, he turned to Terry and Erin. "Hmm? What are you pointing at Terry?"

The blue cat didn't say anything. Just kept pointing.
Erin cocked his head sideways, confused, "Yeah Terry, what are you... pointing... at..." He said as he felt his neck and his eyes widened. Instantly he was thrown into a panic, "Oh my gosh! No, no. no, not my scarf! My grandma made me that scarf when I was a puppy! No, Where is it?! Did it fall off? Is it in the street? Your house? The lake? The lake! Oh my gosh! I forgot to get it when I was in there! We have to go back and get it! No, you've done enough already, I'm just inconveniencing you guys... I hope nothing happened to it..." Erin said, panicking and pacing back and forth frantically.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin smiled at his dad, "Yea, Rikki is friends with a whole wolf pack and they used to hunt together all the time!"

Arcturus looked down at his son then back to Rikki. "Alright, I'm going to trust you to teach him properly."

------------

Sam giggled at the nuzzling, blushing underneath her fur at the compliment. She was used to her parents calling her pretty and the like, but never from another pet. "Thanks, I just don't want to make a bad impression or anything. But...that makes me feel better."
FunkyChickenFace

Frank and Matt raised their respective eyebrows. Well... they still thought the plan was dubious at best, but if the parents trusted Rikki....
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Yeah, don't you worry," Rikki said, moving forward to pat the pup on the head, "I'll take good care of him for you. Now..." he stepped back and looked around, "So... we have anything else to go over here?" He looked at Jack.
"Nope," Jack spoke up, "We're all good: we can get going whenever you're ready, Darin..." He looked over at Darin with a smile.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin's happiness seemed to quickly fade,"Leave?"

Magnolia cuddled her son, "It's okay little one, you can come visit whenever you want. The zoo has to get ready to close soon anyways."

Darin cuddled his mother's arms, "O-Okay..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Yeah," Rikki said, "And there's someone I want you to meet before we go, so say goodbye and we can get going." He held out his arms to take Darin.