Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Unusuallynamedperson

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

You know that I can't, I don't have the time. Besides if I was going to do that I'd use the new unity engine I got a few days ago. Oh yeah...belated but...
joy, I downloaded unity a while ago.
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
deep winter

Post by deep winter »

Joy: Here at the 88th annual california state FFA convention, rocking out to terra bella. And will contines with Thompson square.

Edit: (update)not tired from low hours of sleep. Yet.
Now Thompson square is playing.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy: Graduated from boot camp 10 or so days ago, which was fun. Lots of tears to be had during those final days.
Kind of a stupid Sorrow: Leaving for more training in about 4-5 hours. Gonna be gone for 29 days. Might have a phone with me this time though.
Joy: Bought a laptop a week and a half ago, it arrived today and I've got it all set up. It's a nice one too.
Joy: Pretty sure I'm getting my life pointed in the general direction I want it to be going.
Confused? Maybe? I don't know: I have to figure out a field of study to go into. I was thinking about some sort of science, Earth Science or something like that maybe. I want to be a meteorologist, maybe work the NWS or something like that. I really don't know. I'm pretty much just trying to point myself at a degree so I can be competitive in today's job market and use these years in the military to their fullest.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

If you're interested in meteorology you should talk to Goforit. He's studying meteorology at one of the best universities in the country. he'll know what it's all about and how to get in.

Congrats on the graduation and the new laptop!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Seth Shepherd

Post by Seth Shepherd »

Joy: Even though I was having a really bad day yesterday, my best friends were there for me and took me out to eat (also drinks. We drank, we fought, we made our ancestors proud). I'll love them for the rest of my life.

Joy: I forgot that Simple Plan existed so I've been throwing back like crazy. Dis music is so goooooood!!
Last edited by Seth Shepherd on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Unusuallynamedperson

!!!! :D ROCK ON :D !!!!
Last edited by Unusuallynamedperson on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolf of Trades
Location: Living in constant fear because people tend to hate me everywhere i go

Post by Wolf of Trades »

sorrow: throwback to yesterday when some kid almost flipped my desk because i didn't plug in his computer charger that was real fun i just love public school

joy: i just bought rocket league for me and a friend and it's LIT 8-)
call me wuf to avoid confusion with the like 400 other people who also call themselves wolf
hmu on kik, username is dogecannon
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Joy: went to get a tux yesterday for prom. Catch me there in a pink vest and bow tie. (๑•́ω•̀๑)
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
Wolf of Trades
Location: Living in constant fear because people tend to hate me everywhere i go

Post by Wolf of Trades »

Furryface18 wrote:Joy: went to get a tux yesterday for prom. Catch me there in a pink vest and bow tie. (๑•́ω•̀๑)
sounds HOT im jealous Limbo like me but i actually hate school dances because of how terribly awkward they are but i hope it all goes swell for you fam ;)
call me wuf to avoid confusion with the like 400 other people who also call themselves wolf
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Joy: I was asked to be a chamberlain at my cousin's Quinceañera party this weekend. Should be interesting to see how one works, as I've never been to one before. For those who don't know, it's basically a coming-of-age celebration for girls who turn 15 in many Latin American communities.

And now the part of figuring out what exactly I'm supposed to be doing.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Wolf of Trades wrote:
Furryface18 wrote:Joy: went to get a tux yesterday for prom. Catch me there in a pink vest and bow tie. (๑•́ω•̀๑)
sounds HOT im jealous Limbo like me but i actually hate school dances because of how terribly awkward they are but i hope it all goes swell for you fam ;)
I'm more exited for afterprom though. Free food and games! Gonna be lit at 4 am. :lol:

And D-Rock, have fun with the quinceñera. I've been in two and it's exhausting. All the practices for the dances and the cost of the suit and the surprise dance. It'll be worth it though for the day of. Good luck.
KingFan13

Post by KingFan13 »

One thing happened to me this summer that I did want to post about but wasn't able to.

I was on vacation in August, and we went to a camp. I was out helping my dad, and when I came back everyone was gathered around my dog in the driveway. Turns out my mom had run over him with the car, because he was under it when she started it. We had him on the porch. After a while, we went to check on him, but he wasn't there. This is where the panic began, because we couldn't find him. Eventually it lead to me riding my bike around crying and calling his name, because I knew that some animals go away to hide when they think they are going to die. After losing my other dog the December before, I couldn't stand the thought of losing him too. I'd say that's the worst I've felt.

The happiest moment was when someone called and said they saw him in the driveway. I started to run towards him, but then decided not to because I didn't want to scare him away. When I finally got to him, I was hugging him and crying. I was so happy to see him again.

After everything happened and we went to the vet multiple times, there ended up being nothing wrong with him. He's fine now, and I almost forgot that this happened.
Wolf of Trades

Post by Wolf of Trades »

KingFan13 wrote:One thing happened to me this summer that I did want to post about but wasn't able to.

I was on vacation in August, and we went to a camp. I was out helping my dad, and when I came back everyone was gathered around my dog in the driveway. Turns out my mom had run over him with the car, because he was under it when she started it. We had him on the porch. After a while, we went to check on him, but he wasn't there. This is where the panic began, because we couldn't find him. Eventually it lead to me riding my bike around crying and calling his name, because I knew that some animals go away to hide when they think they are going to die. After losing my other dog the December before, I couldn't stand the thought of losing him too. I'd say that's the worst I've felt.

The happiest moment was when someone called and said they saw him in the driveway. I started to run towards him, but then decided not to because I didn't want to scare him away. When I finally got to him, I was hugging him and crying. I was so happy to see him again.

After everything happened and we went to the vet multiple times, there ended up being nothing wrong with him. He's fine now, and I almost forgot that this happened.
I thought it was gonna be a sorrow, but it turned into a joy

tbh that story was a ride from beginning to end im happy for you my dude :)
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Egh, I'm glad your dog turned out fine in the end. Unlike so many cats I've seen under my care and the ones back at my hometown... yikes.

Joy: I've finally completed my registration for college! I'll be starting in June, doing part-time and long-distance learning while I figure out what part time work should I do next.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Joy: Just got back home from a great trip to the beach.
Sorrow: Not sure if I'm tired or sad lately... either way, I don't like it. :c
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Unusuallynamedperson

Probably tired, sleep will help with either of those tho.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Sorrow/Anger: Just received a Gmail message of that one of my Homework message didn't deliver successfully. The work was meant to be sent Friday, but I receive the deliver error today. That means that the Homework has not been sent :x Also even THAT message was glitched, only showed my message inside depiste in the outside I was able to read "deliver error" and it wasn't in the inbox, so I used show all messages. *#@$ Gmail :x

Edit: screenshot of the glitch:
Notice how the "deliver fail" message is missing in the second screenshot.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Unusuallynamedperson

I told you the larger companies are evil. Yeah, Gmail says they've great efficiency and security but it's only an illusion whereas you're more likely to have your account hacked into than be able to get back into it if you ever loose the username. I am currently locked out of two of my gmail accounts and can't get back in. Sorry tsMKG, why don't you copy the email address instead and use your phone to email is via SMS, it's more likely to be sent and has less errors to go through.

Sorrow, oh my dog! I can't get any time to myself, going bowling today and now camping next week...uuuuugh :x thing is I usually enjoy camping. I had to work at a breakfast yesterday too.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Joy: The state of Florida finally released official school grades. My site is an A (second year running), so I'm gonna get a pretty hefty bonus soon. :)

More Joy: I've been told I'm getting paid for doing public address the tournament games we've been hosting in baseball, flag football, and volleyball. :)

Further Joy: When I switched back from U-verse to DirecTV, it happened right after a new billing cycle began. So I'm getting a pretty hefty refund on unused service. Should be arriving some time this week. :D

Sorrow: My UPS blew out late last week. We had a quick string of power surges during a storm. I had to go buy a new one. :evil:
Unusuallynamedperson

What's a ups?
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Unusuallynamedperson wrote:What's a ups?
Uninterrupted power supply. It uses a battery to prevent a computer from turning off suddenly in case of a power surge or power outage. It can buy you time to turn it off normally.
Unusuallynamedperson

Okay, why do I never hear about these things! I live inside of a computer shop...GAAAAGH!!!!

Sorrow, I'm uninformed.
Last edited by Unusuallynamedperson on Sun May 08, 2016 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: Fort McMurray, the city that my sister just came back from working for 7 months, just had a massive fire going on. unknown how it started, but they had to evacuate everyone. =(

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/live-bl ... -1.3565398

My uncle got out safe, but hope noone gets hurt. no news of casualties or injuries.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Unusuallynamedperson

That sounds horrible, at least nobody was hurt.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Joy: in date 4th of June I'll go to Bologna to meet Valerio! :D
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Oh,sweet! Say hello to him for me :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
RedFoxWizard

Post by RedFoxWizard »

GameCobra wrote:Sorrow: Fort McMurray, the city that my sister just came back from working for 7 months, just had a massive fire going on. unknown how it started, but they had to evacuate everyone. =(

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/live-bl ... -1.3565398

My uncle got out safe, but hope noone gets hurt. no news of casualties or injuries.
I've heard that a bunch of areas around there have caught fire, too. I sure hope everyone is alright.

Worry: I'm worried that the fire will spread to where I'm at, and I'm not all that far away from there.
Ice and fire magic? Does that result in a freezer-burn?
Unusuallynamedperson

Sorrow I looked it up http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36224767 and it doesn't look good from what I'm seeing.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: Had a great time working at a school and teaching for the first time this week.
Sorrow: The week went too fast. I want to keep teaching!
Joy: I know I'm definitely in the right university course and heading in the right career direction now.
Joy: Winter is here! We had our first snowfall earlier this week!
Sorrow: It all melted by the end of the day. :(
Joy: I got a nice photo of it in the early morning! Here's the view from my balcony:
WP_20160504_001.jpg
WP_20160504_001.jpg (284.36 KiB) Viewed 9909 times
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I got a promotion at work!

Sorrow: I've still got a huge drain on my schedule because of all the hours I've been having to work.

Joy: I have this weekend off, though! It's relaxing. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Joy: Watched Captain America: Civil War today. It was awesome.
Sorrow: Someone else is using my YouTube account. For some reason, random things are popping up on my History and have caused some stuff to show up on my Recommended tab that I don't really like seeing. It's possible that I simply left myself logged in at one of the computers in my college, but that was well over a month or two ago. I might possibly have gotten hacked by someone, though I'm hoping more on the former. I know this is really just a mild inconvenience at worst, but it's a little scary knowing someone else is using my YouTube account.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Uh oh. Sounds like you need to change your password, Shadow.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: I might have an ear infection. For some time now, fluid sometimes leaked out from inside the ear and blocks my hearing from the fluid build-up. It cleared, but it's back. Check webmd, and it seems to be excessive otorrhea? Had to meet up with a doctor, then an EMT and a dermatologist, if the recommendations were to be believed.

Sorrow: We have not much money to go by, and the government pulled back my brother's scholarship as an austerity plan. We have to come up with at least $8k this year to cover for the rest of his studies. It's doable, if things go our way. Just no more savings. And no doctor visits, which means I might have to endure this ear infection for a while

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Joy: I graduated. After 18 years my school career is over.
Joy: I have career plans, and backup career plans. I'm a responsible adult.
Sorrow: unless I'm really lucky I'll probably end up as a code monkey somewhere while designing video games in my spare time, as opposed to doing it full time.
Joy: I won't find that out for a while so for now I'll spend a few months focusing on game design.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Congrats Brent!

Joy: I think I passed Calculus III. :3

Joy: I took the other two calculus courses last summer, so I'll be spending this summer doing nothing more than relaxing, working and maybe reading a book or two.
Unusuallynamedperson

congratulations Brent! wait...does that make you true geek now? :shock: :o :P
KingFan13

Post by KingFan13 »

Congrats Brent. I still got one more year of high school then college ahead of me.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy :I'm a college graduate now and adult life is going pretty OK. Might have a new house lined up with some good friends and I just got promoted at work. And I just plain like it more I just have to work and make movies.
Joy :making a movie this summer it's going good so far. But im just in pre production.

Huge anxiety : don't have a job lined up after August so I need to figure that out.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Sorrow: haven't been on as much as I used to. Finals have got me all discombobulated and stressed.

Joy: next Wednesday is the last day of finals and no more school for 3 months!!!! I'm so excited!

(When I haven't even changed my species yet and the change week has been done for a long time. :lol: )
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Say, what do you do when you're suddenly hit by depression for no good reason at all, and just want to curl up and cry again for no good reason, yet you also have a lot to do and you actually want to do them despite the heavy weight in your chest? I'm a little clueless atm