Redwall

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CosmicCoyote

Re: Redwall

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Rhys nodded and smiled at Sara before watching Owain somewhat excitedly start onward on their journey. The squirrel couldn't help but give a soft shrug at his compatriot's call to action, whatever the words actually meant, before turning himself towards Brock and Edlyn once more. Bringing himself to attention, he gave the badger lord his best proper military salute, just as the Major had taught him to do half a hundred times. "Well then, sir, unless you've got any further instructions, it looks like we'll be off. Stay well." With that, he dropped the gesture and moved on to join the rest walking towards the Abbey's exit, towards whatever fate and fortune were holding, waiting in the wings for them.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Fare well and good luck!" Brock returns the salute and watches Rhys leave.

"Waaait a minute, Owain. Evelyn won't be happy if I let you ruin your paws already. Hop in. I'll pull the cart." Brum suggests.

==========
"Well, we can help you write to him and we can teach you to read and write too. Have you any idea where he or your other siblings may be found?" As he talks, Rudy pulls a flat, rectangular pot from a shelf below the table and scoops into it a mixture of dirt and compost from a sack.
"Can you find the cabbage seeds there please, Aldryd? I want to get some seedlings coming up so I can plant them in a week or two. We'll need them with the way these hares are going through our salads. They should be on the third shelf."

==========
"Oh yes, there are quite a few fascinating stories about the bell tower!" Viv enthuses. "That's a great place to start! But only when you finish breakfast. There's no rush."

==========
"I believe you made the right decision, Sara." Edlyn encourages when the party has left. "May I ask what you intend to do now?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"I do not know, mam." sara replied, looking after her friends leaving "I....I both wish to know more about what happened to me, but then at the same time, I somehow feel.....afraid, to do so. I don't even remember clearly how I came to Redwall...so...." the vixen trailed off "erm, perhaps I can do something to help?" she asked, both as a mean to change the subject and to get her mind away from where it was heading.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain chuckled at Brum's request. "Spoiling m'fun, M'cariad?" He offered to let Brum in beside him. "Shall we pull t'geth'r f'r a bit? I'll jump in af'r."
On the cart, Peter merely laughed and kept a hand on his new bow.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Calder walked along side Brum, he tried to shut out the worries and feeling of idiocy of he earlier actions. He had said that to soon for sure but he didn't think he would have a better time alone.
Absent mindedly he put his paw on the cart, his paw brushing hers "Sorry", he whispered. He glanced over at her, then Owain. Then down at his feet "You need to be more patient". Calder thought to himself, "That was a dumb move, but if anything she will forgive you." Calder looked to the road, he had been quiet and tried to break the awkward silence between him and Brum. "Do you know of any songs to sing while traveling Brum or Owain?"
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:
"Oh yes, there are quite a few fascinating stories about the bell tower!" Viv enthuses. "That's a great place to start! But only when you finish breakfast. There's no rush."
Marko put down his empty bowl. "I may not eating as slow as I 'dinking," said Marko with a chuckle. He quickly downed the rest of his drink too.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain chuckled as he helped the cart along. "Onl' Marc'r ones, Cald'r," he said. "Ba a bit 'ard t' teach Sosban fach."
As they headed towards the gates, Peter waved to his friends as though he were someone important.

((Sosban Fach. It would, of course, be slightly different in Redwall - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sosban_Fach ))
((Sosban Fach by only boys Allowed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=terB8OmB6_E ))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Well, we can help you write to him and we can teach you to read and write too. Have you any idea where he or your other siblings may be found?" As he talks, Rudy pulls a flat, rectangular pot from a shelf below the table and scoops into it a mixture of dirt and compost from a sack.
"Can you find the cabbage seeds there please, Aldryd? I want to get some seedlings coming up so I can plant them in a week or two. We'll need them with the way these hares are going through our salads. They should be on the third shelf."
"The last I heard," Aldryd said, pulling the jar of seeds down and setting it down next to the seedling pot so Rudy could find it easily, "-There you go- I heard Aster and Maple were living together in some big, big city. Merchants I think."

The otter picked up an empty clay urn idly as he spoke, "Merril I know is a ranger in the forest somewhere, and Leren, my last brother, Is a farmer too. He is, or was, hopefully is... Taking care of our ma and pa all the way back home.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

As the group began their travels, Rhys kept himself walking along one side of the cart. While he'd take his fair share of pulling it along from time to time, he had no intention of climbing aboard. Soldiers marched, and that was that. Heading towards the gate, Rhys drifted into his own thoughts for a moment - he wondered what the ottermaid Tilly would think about him leaving so soon after coming to Redwall. That said, at least he wouldn't have to worry about losing his sword and buckler at the gatehouse. He'd barely just dropped them off, no time for them to pick up any dust. For all he knew, he was last one to enter, after all.

Focus drifting back into the realm of conversation with his new companions, he overheard the discussion Calder had started, and offered his contribution. "Traveling songs, aye? I know a fair few for marching. Wouldn't be much of a Patrolman if I didn't. Let me warn you, though. " He gave a faux stern look at Calder for a short moment before lightening up considerably. "You'll soon be sick of the boasts of hares. It's not truly a Patrol song if they don't mention it at least half a dozen times. As they would proudly say, no beast can boast like a hare!" He sighed. "And let me tell you, whatever exaggerated stories they tell, that is not one of them."

"That said, it's been a while since I've had the chance to march to a tune. Scouts are supposed to keep quiet on patrol." He gave a brief, but hearty chuckle. "Would defeat the purpose of sneaking around."
RP chars:
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bradley looked at the group that they would be traveling with yet again, it had really become the medium size traveling party. It was going to be an interesting experience going along with other individuals. "I can pull the cart. If you need it."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Haha, you're right about that, Rhys! We get a few hares coming through Redwall and they do love boasting of their exploits. I know a song or two from Redwall that have a bit of a beat... I'm not sure that they're really marching songs though..."
"Mornin' all!" smiles Tilly, exiting the gatehouse and wiping an errant glob of meadowcream from her whiskers, evidently having been eating breakfast.
"Goin' somewhere fun? I'll grab the gate fer yers. Rhys and Owain, yer weapons are in th' gatehouse where yers left 'em."

==========
"Merchants shouldn't be too hard to track down. Thanks." Rudy muses, putting seeds into his tray. "Rangers are more difficult. I'm sure one of the Long Patrol would know though. They keep tabs on that sort of thing. We can ask Lord Brock later if you like. By all accounts he's quite approachable. And if you know the way back home then it'll be easy to send a runner to see how things are... Is there any water left in that bucket, Aldryd, or did you use it all for the carrots?"

==========
"Well, we can always use an extra pair of paws around here." smiles Edlyn. "Do you have any idea what kind of skills you might have? Or what kinds of things you might enjoy doing?"

==========
"Hehe. All done then? Dirty dishes go in the tub. I hope you're feeling fit because it's quite a climb to the top!" Viv smiles, leading Marko towards the door of the abbey. The belltower is designed such that it cannot be accessed from within the abbey proper, so the only way to visit it is to follow the path through the lawns around to the side of the building.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Diolch, ffy ffrind," Owain said in Marcher before recalling he needed to be talking the local language. "Thankew, m' friend," he repeated before lessening his burden so he could go and pick up a bigger burden. He tossed his bindle up to Peter but kept the short sword for himself. It was an insignificant thing compared to the other sword he now possessed, battered and showing the years of use. Nevertheless he was happy to have the blade back. It gave him options.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter wondered if he could make up some sort of marching song. he decided not as a bindle hit him.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Hehe. All done then? Dirty dishes go in the tub. I hope you're feeling fit because it's quite a climb to the top!" Viv smiles, leading Marko towards the door of the abbey. The belltower is designed such that it cannot be accessed from within the abbey proper, so the only way to visit it is to follow the path through the lawns around to the side of the building.
"Ah, so may stories about 'dis place," remarked Marko. "Not many fox stories 'dough. I picked up stories about 'dis place on 'de road."

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"It was all used for the carrots, sorry. I an can go get some right right away." Aldridge said, having fallen comfortably into agricultural work again, "But, er, where is the well? Can you tell me?"

He scooped the bucket up into his arms saying, "And thank you again for helping me, it means a lot to this old farm otter."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "Well, we can always use an extra pair of paws around here." smiles Edlyn. "Do you have any idea what kind of skills you might have? Or what kinds of things you might enjoy doing?"
"I.....I don't know mam" Sara answered shyly "When I was in the woods, I used to make ropes and baskets and small tools, if it helps"
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

"Thankee, Miss Tilly." Sure enough, his shortsword, knife and buckler were waiting for him as promised. It took him a minute, but soon enough he had re-equipped himself as he preferred - shortsword hanging from his right hip, buckler hooked to the blade's sheath and his knife drawn across the back of his waist, just above his tail. Though it was nice to have them off for a brief bit, there was a bit of comfort and security to have his arms returned to him - it made him feel like a proper soldier again. Plus, the weapons had been gifts from the Major, his adoptive father - as much he liked to chide Bianca for her attachement to the blade he'd given her, he knew deep down he felt much the same way - if not quite as straightforward about it.

Once more, his attention returned to the group. "Hmm... what's something easy to learn..." Quickly racking his head, he thought of a song that might be suitable, but before he could begin the tune, something crept into the back of his mind, paralyzing his voice. Normally with the patrol, he could trust one hare or another to provide plenty of bombast, drowning him out. But with this group - not only was that much less likely, but no one would know the song, meaning that he was on his own. Suddenly self-conscious of his singing voice and struck with performance anxiety, the words caught in his throat, and his embarrassment became increasingly visible. "Well uh... I haven't uh... I-I..." Flustered, he clammed up, suddenly wishing he was anywhere else but here.
RP chars:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Fortunately Brum comes to Rhys' rescue.
"Shall I start us then?" she queries. "This song is a fun one my father taught me. It's called "An Odd Situation".
There was an old otter who lived down a well
The truth of this tale I can readily tell
His wife and ten young 'uns lived with him as well
And they dwelt there together for quite a long spell!
Left! Right! Two! Three! March in step along with me!
Such an odd situation did ever you see?
Brum continues this song, singing of how a mole and his family followed by a mouse and finally a flea join the otter in the well. Getting into the swing of things she even puts on a silly voice for the voice of the flea as the abbey grows smaller behind the group of travellers.

==========
"Yes, sadly we haven't had very many nice foxes here, although we have had more in recent years." Viv acknowledges. "What sort of stories have you heard about us?" she queries as she holds open the door to the belltower for Marko to enter. "Only good ones, I hope?" she jokes.

==========
"I'll do one better. I'll show you. We actually use the pond instead of a well since it's fed by a spring. And you're welcome. I know how important family is. I don't know what I'd do if I lost touch with mine. Thank you for helping with our carrots. You've saved Redwall." Rudy smiles. He reaches out a paw and lays it on Aldryd's forearm, feeling the bucket on the outside of his paw.
"That's you, right? Just making sure I don't lose you or leave you behind. The pond is this way." The field-mouse exits the shed and heads out of the garden towards the pond.
"Say, Aldryd, have you grown blueberries before? You must see ours! They're the biggest, juiciest berries you've ever seen! It's a great crop this year! And the berry patch is on the way to the pond. Fancy a snack?"

==========
"Every little bit helps." smiles the abbess wisely. "So you can weave then? We can always use creatures on our looms as well as with sewing. Dibbuns are always tearing their clothes as they play. How are you with a needle and thread?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It didn't take Peter long to be singing along with Brum and listening to them reminded Owain of times at home, before wandering, before... returning. Times when his father Daffydd would walk him and his brothers and sisters for nights out foraging in the safer areas of the Marcher woods. Spring evenings with Aneira and Liliwen around a fire with bad singing. He sighed and held to the happy memory as he pulled. There was a love for Redwall, sure, but there was a love for here too. The freedom of the forests and its' ways. Its' paths and traps, dangers and desires. Here was freedom and choice and peril. Some of what made life living to this mouse. He looked towards Brum. "All've it," he said quietly, correcting himself.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Yes, sadly we haven't had very many nice foxes here, although we have had more in recent years." Viv acknowledges. "What sort of stories have you heard about us?" she queries as she holds open the door to the belltower for Marko to enter. "Only good ones, I hope?" she jokes.
Marko stepped in and awkwardly coughed. "'Vell...'de 'ding is you mentioning that you have not had nice foxes," Marko explained awkwardly, "Means that Redwall's history to us foxes is not...how should I say...pleasant."

He glanced up to the top of the tower and continued with a more joyful tone, "But I have hearing good stories about 'dis place as well. After all, no place is can be either perfect or terrible."

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote: "I'll do one better. I'll show you. We actually use the pond instead of a well since it's fed by a spring. And you're welcome. I know how important family is. I don't know what I'd do if I lost touch with mine. Thank you for helping with our carrots. You've saved Redwall." Rudy smiles. He reaches out a paw and lays it on Aldryd's forearm, feeling the bucket on the outside of his paw.
"That's you, right? Just making sure I don't lose you or leave you behind. The pond is this way." The field-mouse exits the shed and heads out of the garden towards the pond.
"Say, Aldryd, have you grown blueberries before? You must see ours! They're the biggest, juiciest berries you've ever seen! It's a great crop this year! And the berry patch is on the way to the pond. Fancy a snack?"
Aldyd grinned to himself and shook his head no, momentarily forgetting Rudy's blindness, "Certainly not, I didn't do that much saving, did I?" He sounded happy.
"That's me alright, too big to miss you know." he said and followed along, "I would like to try them. But no, I haven't ever grown any blueberries, the saplings cost too much for a farmer who doesn't sell his crops often. I don't think I have ever actually," he stumbled over that word, "Uh, eaten them before. Pa didn't grow any either, we only had mulberries growing up. He gave me a sapling when I had to move away, it's still growing by my home."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "Every little bit helps." smiles the abbess wisely. "So you can weave then? We can always use creatures on our looms as well as with sewing. Dibbuns are always tearing their clothes as they play. How are you with a needle and thread?"
"I dare not say I'm very good at it mam , I only used what I found in the woods. But I try to learn." Sara replied with a bit of enthusiasm .
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The group headed south at Brum's leadership, passing along well cracked paths and pitted roads that strained the pullers muscles as Pedter sat atop the cart, an arrow hanging loose from his bow in case he needed to notch it and fire. The sounds out here still unnerved him and he looked around at every sound, unsure if he needed to react or not.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"D'ye of'en 'ead down t' thus... apfeltown, Brum," Owain asked, getting Applefords' name wrong accidentally. "Work'd wi' Percy th' cartmak'r f'r a day'r so. Seem'd a good sort... 'ang up." He stopped and stooped close to the clear imprint of a wheel in a small mud puddle. "llwyth llawn," he said quietly, "A full load." He looked around and came to a secluded, overgrown, path that showed signs of recent use. "Been us'd recent. Wha's up tha'way, M'Cariad?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Brum follows Owain and pulls some ivy away from a worn milestone.
"It's just the ruins of St. Ninian's, see? There's nothing much up there now - just a clearing. Travellers like to use it because it gives them a little shelter and it's off the road so they're not in the way. How are your paws holding up, Owain? Do you need to ride for a while? We should keep moving. It's still quite a way to Appleford."

==========
"That's good. I like your attitude. Every creature can learn something, even at my age. What kinds of tools did you make?"

==========
"Mulberries, hey? That's one fruit I've never managed to get growing here. I don't know if it's something in our soil or if I'm not treating them right or what. Perhaps you can teach me to grow mulberries and I can give you blueberries in return?" Rudy suggests, leading Aldryd to a large bush. Releasing the otter's paw, he reaches amongst the leaves and feels for the berries, gently squeezing them to test their ripeness. It doesn't take him long to retrieve a small pawful which he offers to where he thinks the otter is standing.
"Here you go. Try these. Just don't squish them with your paws because they do stain fur and whiskers if you're not careful." he warns.

==========
"That's true." Viv agrees, following Marko into the tower. "Morning, Brother Jack!"
"Morning, Sister Vivienne! Good morning to you too, friend. You're just in time for the hourly bell. Would you like to ring it? Just one big pull on each rope, one after the other and quick as you can, when I give the signal. This rope first."
Viv grins. "Go on, Marko. You know you want to." she encourages.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "That's good. I like your attitude. Every creature can learn something, even at my age. What kinds of tools did you make?"
"I used to make some ropes from dried plants, and used sticks and branches to sew things together"
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Calder hummed along with the group, it was a song he had forgotten and followed the group. "Oh!" he exclaimed, "I remember hearing about this place, since it was burnt and all it's likely unsafe to go anywhere near it, ruins can be dangerous I am told." His tail swayed back and forth, "Actually how far is Appleford anyways Brum?"
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Is that so? I suppose they can be finicky trees, y'are probably planting them in the wrong soil is all. Maybe you're planting them from seed? Mulberries have very fragile seeds and their saplings die right quick, so it's better to graft on cuttings to other fruit trees." Aldyd said, coming to a stop with Rudy, "Anyways, that sounds like a fair trade to me."

The otter took the berries in paw and promptly shoved them into his mouth, not really heeding Rudy's warning and staining his lips purplish, "Oh, these are really good! I can see why they're so popular," he said, wiping his mouth on his wrist, "Oh, mulberries stain horribly too, they burst with the most gentle touch, and birds love them. The, eh, leavings..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Th' pawen're good, M'Cariad," Owain professed happily. "Mus' be th' dirt've trav'lling," he added, trying not to wince. He'd rest when they got to Appleford.
"Yeah, right," Peter said quietly so Owain wouldn't hear. "He's fibbing."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "That's true." Viv agrees, following Marko into the tower. "Morning, Brother Jack!"
"Morning, Sister Vivienne! Good morning to you too, friend. You're just in time for the hourly bell. Would you like to ring it? Just one big pull on each rope, one after the other and quick as you can, when I give the signal. This rope first."
Viv grins. "Go on, Marko. You know you want to." she encourages.
"It seems like it 'vould be a fun experience," said Marko. He took the rope and gave it a very strong and hard pull.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Secretly Brum agrees with Peter but she has enough tact to know not to question the mouse. Instead she turns to answer Calder.
"Only half a day from here. Let's break for lunch in an hour or two when we're well clear of Ninian's, shall we? Who wants to sing the next marching song?"

==========
Unfortunately for Brother Jack, Marko pulls the rope a moment before the signal. Fortunately this doesn't matter too much and the wizened creature watches curiously to see if the weight of the bell will lift the badger off the ground. After the bell sounds the brother signals Marko to go and ring the other bell as he tips the hourglass over again.

==========
"Eheh. Birds can sometimes be a problem with our berries too. Still, we usually have plenty to go around anyway." Rudy chuckles, enjoying the otter's delight.
"I'm glad you like the blueberries. They're my favourite too." he smiles, helping himself to a couple before reaching for Aldryd's paw again.
"I'll show you where I had the mulberries planted if you like. It's just along here and not out of our way at all."

==========
"How very resourceful. What say you and I join some of the girls to chat and sew for a while?" Edlyn suggests, taking Sara's forearm and directing her towards the main door.
"I hear they're going to be working in the sunlight on the steps today given that it's such a fine day."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "How very resourceful. What say you and I join some of the girls to chat and sew for a while?" Edlyn suggests, taking Sara's forearm and directing her towards the main door.
"I hear they're going to be working in the sunlight on the steps today given that it's such a fine day."
"that sounds nice mam" Sara followed , but still a little hesitated "but...I'm just a stranger , I don't know anyone there..."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Eheh. Birds can sometimes be a problem with our berries too. Still, we usually have plenty to go around anyway." Rudy chuckles, enjoying the otter's delight.
"I'm glad you like the blueberries. They're my favourite too." he smiles, helping himself to a couple before reaching for Aldryd's paw again.
"I'll show you where I had the mulberries planted if you like. It's just along here and not out of our way at all."
Aldryd took hold of Rudy's paw, wrapping it totally in his own and tugging gently, "I would like that, I'm sure I can figure out why they aren't growing." He said, gnashing audibly his teeth for a second to free a seed from between his teeth, "I'll even plant a few of them for you."
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Unfortunately for Brother Jack, Marko pulls the rope a moment before the signal. Fortunately this doesn't matter too much and the wizened creature watches curiously to see if the weight of the bell will lift the badger off the ground. After the bell sounds the brother signals Marko to go and ring the other bell as he tips the hourglass over again.
Marko was nearly pulled off his feet but managed to regain his balance and pull the bell. "Ha ha! Stronger 'den I expecting!"

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain swallowed slightly as he decided to show why he shouldn't be the one to lead a song. He recalled one he'd heard some time ago when he'd spent time near the coast in west Marcher. He began to sing, not too badly.

Llygod Harlech
Lo goelcerth flaming gwyn
A thafodau tân bellowed
anifeiliaid yn eu cyflwyno i streic
un fath eto
Erbyn fanllefau tywysogion
gelynion Llais, mae'r sŵn arfog
A charlamiad y marchogion
Craig ar graig a g ryn

((Harlech mice
Lo flaming pyre white
And tongues of fire bellowed
Animals were submitted to strike
same again
By fanllefau princes
Voice enemies, the armed noise
A charlamiad the knights
Rock on rock and RYN g)) ((Some words don't translate... It's the first verse of a version of Men of Harlech))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh!" smiles Brum. "I wondered how this song sounded! It's written in one of the books in the library! Now I know! Yay!" She listens to Owain's singing and tries to hum along but is somewhat unsuccessful, not knowing the tune.

Suddenly a slingstone whizzes past her nose, stopping her in her tracks.

"Halt! Who goes?" a gruff voice calls from the bushes by the road. "Don't make any sudden moves! Yer surrounded!"
"AYE!" several voices chorus from the woods around the cart.
"Well? Who are ye? Speak up!"

==========
"Heh. They are quite heavy. You're the first creature I've seen that hasn't been lifted into the air by them. Anyway, welcome to the bell-tower! I'm Jack, the head bell-ringer and campanologist here. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

==========
"Thank you. That's very kind of you." Rudy smiles, leading Aldryd past strawberries and blackberries to an open, sunny area. "Here's where I had them." he points, stooping to pick up a small pawful of soil and run it through his paws.
"I've grown other berries here in the past. The mulberries just didn't take off though..."

==========
"That's okay." Edlyn encourages. "Strangers are just friends we don't know yet. But we don't have to do that if you're not comfortable with it. We could sit in Cavern Hole, you and I, and do some sewing if you'd prefer. Or there's any number of other tasks we can do. There's always cleaning and washing to be done."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Immediately, Owain dropped into a fighting stance and, almost without anyone seeing him, he drew his battered old sword as Peter did his best to string an arrow. "Owain Ap Daffydd o' th' march's," he declared tightly. "Announce y'rself!" He glanced back to Peter. "Pet'r," he said clearly.
"Yes?"
"Don' scare 'em. They're no' brigands."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu May 12, 2016 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Thank you. That's very kind of you." Rudy smiles, leading Aldryd past strawberries and blackberries to an open, sunny area. "Here's where I had them." he points, stooping to pick up a small pawful of soil and run it through his paws.
"I've grown other berries here in the past. The mulberries just didn't take off though..."
Aldryd chuckled, and slid into a short full-bellied laugh

"Ahah!" He grinned a toothy grin, crouching down and pinched some soil between his fingers, "This is a real easy fix, eheh, I saw it a mile away,"

The otter dropped the soil in his paws directly into his mouth, and spat it out immediately

"Mleh... Two problems then. First off, the soil here is too sour, uh, acidic," He mispronounced that last word as if he hasn't had to use it often, "And this place gets far too much sun, mulberry trees need a good amount of shade, so it's better to plant them close to another tree in an orchard. "
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "That's okay." Edlyn encourages. "Strangers are just friends we don't know yet. But we don't have to do that if you're not comfortable with it. We could sit in Cavern Hole, you and I, and do some sewing if you'd prefer. Or there's any number of other tasks we can do. There's always cleaning and washing to be done."
"oh no no mam I didn't mean it like that at all" Sara stuttered "I just don't know if I'm ready yet"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Heh. They are quite heavy. You're the first creature I've seen that hasn't been lifted into the air by them. Anyway, welcome to the bell-tower! I'm Jack, the head bell-ringer and campanologist here. To what do I owe this pleasure?"
Marko made his customary sweeping bow. "I am Marko. I have traveled away from my caravan in to 'vader 'de 'vorld. And I coming here bcause of all 'dey stories bout 'dis place."

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Peter had a single arrow slung loose from the bow as Owain visibly relaxed, his sword seemingly hanging loose from his hand. "If'n yer not 'ere t' dwyn oddi wrthym... rob us, talk, 'eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

The whistling sound of a rock puncturing through the air broke Rhys' mild stupor. He'd gotten careless, enjoying the company of the others, and let his guard down in keeping eyes on the road around them. Chiding himself underneath his breath before biting softly into his lip, he immediately felt the pangs of guilt for not being a better scout - a better soldier - in letting the group be so easily ambushed. But much as doubt and guilt hit him in the gut, his adrenaline, and more importantly, his training, kept him on edge, watching the woods around them for their assailants. Time for remonstrations would come later, first they needed to get out of their bind.

His right paw instinctively grabbed his buckler from it's mooring on his blade's sheath while his left clasped hard the hilt of his shortsword. Unlike Owain, he did not draw his weapon fully, only showing the smallest glimpse of steel from the scabbard. The small round shield in his right hand, however, he brought up to cover his chest. He didn't quite approve of Owain's rash declaration - or quick flashing of steel, and was a bit bemused by what the mouse had said to the vole. They may not be brigands... they may be much worse. As far as he knew, he was the only of the group to be trusted to know the true threat lurking around Redwall, the very reason why the Long Patrol had not left after their celebration. It was indeed promising that their ambushers had revealed themselves before any full assault, something most rogues wouldn't have bothered with before springing a trap... but Rhys still had a bad, nagging feeling.

Nevertheless, there was no going back now. Trying to back up Owain's more reconciliatory effort at speaking towards their assailants, he spoke with his best attempt at an authoritative voice - not particularly loudly, but still firmly. "If you be fair folk... there's no need for this to come to arms."
RP chars: