Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Post by Deske »

How many of each are we limited to?

How In Depth can this go?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

yeah there will be more skills later on as the Rp progresses and the characters become stronger , though I'm not gonna lie , "2 abilities and 4 moves" are heavily influenced by MOBA's "2 passive , 3 skills and 1 ult" skill set :P
Deske wrote:How many of each are we limited to?

How In Depth can this go?
2 abilities and 4 moves for now, that part and the limitations are included in my post. We'll try to be more in depth as time passes , but for now I can only think about the limitations for the skills ^^".

I also added a small part into that announcement. About the duration-based skills. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Another thing I wanna add is that the skills are meant to still center around the character's ability , for example my character's ability is "force redirection" , and from that "Deflect" and "Force shock" is created. Her abilities and Last Resort is based on her heritage.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Honestly, I think the new rp fighting system is awesome. However, in the 60+ posts that Serence's character is prepared to fight, what will happen to other characters who aren't in the situation? Do they wait for a few years until the dragonball style of fighting is over? I think it is an awesome system, but it isn't going to work in a forum rp.

I understand it's a system that needs work, but I honestly can't see how any of it will work. Basing an attack by post makes the rp filled with too much fighting post and it can make players who haven't been here in awhile have to sort through a fight to get to actual story.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

They don't have to wait or anything. If they aren't in that situation, there's nothing stopping them from doing other things. Serence's post included a part that said that those who weren't involved didn't count towards a "cooldown" post amount or whatever. If they do happen to jump in then their post count will start to count towards whatever is tracking it. It seems pretty flexible to have cooldowns and timers set on posts because more goes by when more people post.
Serence Frostbite wrote:yeah there will be more skills later on as the Rp progresses and the characters become stronger , though I'm not gonna lie , "2 abilities and 4 moves" are heavily influenced by MOBA's "2 passive , 3 skills and 1 ult" skill set :P
2 Passives.... 3 skills and an Ult... 2 passives? What... League of Legends? Does that do 2 passives? I must be long gone on everything. I'm pretty sure DotA 2 had 1 passive and Smite has 1 passive. Does that mean I can have 1 passive, 2 abilities and 4 moves? Cause....
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

MrNeonShot wrote:Honestly, I think the new rp fighting system is awesome. However, in the 60+ posts that Serence's character is prepared to fight, what will happen to other characters who aren't in the situation?
It's not the preparing to fight, it's the actual fighting going on, my character can only fight for 60 post , even shorter if she takes damage (which she will) or use the last resort , after that she's out.
Deske wrote:They don't have to wait or anything. If they aren't in that situation, there's nothing stopping them from doing other things. Serence's post included a part that said that those who weren't involved didn't count towards a "cooldown" post amount or whatever. If they do happen to jump in then their post count will start to count towards whatever is tracking it. It seems pretty flexible to have cooldowns and timers set on posts because more goes by when more people post.
yeah it's like Deske explained ^^ . The more people post , the faster the duration will go by, I also putting a sort of motivation for myself to post by having Alexis's power be on a timer like that because I will have to post more if I want to have an impact on the RP , if I post 1 post and the other combatants + enemies posted the rest 59 posts , then despite not being able to do anything , I'll still time out anyway.
MrNeonShot wrote: I think it is an awesome system, but it isn't going to work in a forum rp.

I understand it's a system that needs work, but I honestly can't see how any of it will work. Basing an attack by post makes the rp filled with too much fighting post and it can make players who haven't been here in awhile have to sort through a fight to get to actual story.
we aren't going to have fightings happen all the time , and even if some of the characters are fighting, some other might be doing their own thing somewhere else without being affected from either sides. I'm a "lore guy" myself , meaning I concentrate a lot of the story as well, don't worry. But the way I see it, the actual fighting wouldn't be much different from how it is now. As it is now, everyone PM us about the attempt, we roll and you guys post the result in your next post. If we use this system , you guys choose a skill, we roll and either you or us post the result in our next post. But with this skill system, we will hopefully avoid having the result being completely different from what we wanted to do. No too long or too short duration spells just because, or any attacks that just somehow hit but do no damage or anything like that. You guys choose a skill , the roll will say if it hit or miss , critical of partially defended, stuff like that. Or at least that's what I'm hoping anyway :P.
As for the story itself , if some of us have to afk for a while and come back, I'm keeping track of the story as it goes and might be able to offer them a summary, in which the battles will probably just "bad guy attack this place , defeated , casualties include etc etc". So they can catch up on the story more easily.
Deske wrote:2 Passives.... 3 skills and an Ult... 2 passives? What... League of Legends? Does that do 2 passives? I must be long gone on everything. I'm pretty sure DotA 2 had 1 passive and Smite has 1 passive. Does that mean I can have 1 passive, 2 abilities and 4 moves? Cause....
Yes the recently released champions (playable characters) in League of Legend have like 2-3 passives including the ones from their active skills. The oldest ones in this case are Master Yi and Irellia , each has 2 passives.
anyway back on track, we only have 2 abilities and 4 moves right now. Since passive skills affect only the user , it is counted as an ability, but making a passive will take up a slot in your ability , leaving you with just 1 more ability and 4 moves.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

I feel like I just tried to walk across China's border...

Joke aside, how would regular things fit, such as throwing a punch?

Edit:
I'm going to wait till the tranquillising resolved before I post.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

well, this is easy enough, it's mostly just my existing loadout in a new format, the vast majority of which this lot have already seen, so no reason to hide it.

Ability: Change Form (Active)
Ability: Healing Factor (Passive)

Move: Precise Shot (Ammo limit, 6 bolts/darts per magazine)
Move: Knife Throw (Ammo limit, number of concealed blades depends on outfit)
Move: Tranquilizer (Silent, Auto-KO, Target must be unaware or prone)
Move:

Any suggestions for the last one?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I might be a bit biased based on my own ability sheet, but I think it should be a bit more complicated than that. I know 69 is coming out with a reference sheet for how to set them up at the end of the week/weekend though.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

For those wondering, there might be an exit in the kitchen where the food was prepared. Players should look there.
My new job is really taking it out of me. Sorry for the inactivity. I will be back though.

Also, if we do any time jumps after this event, I might have you all maybe post somega ideas of what your characters did during that time here or a synopsis post. I a, going to chat with the other gms first about it.

However if we get to January in the rp time, i hope your characters love the cold. Because idaho normally is freezing right at that point.

Also I will post my character sheet later.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Well, I'm not sure when it'll hit below zero here IRL, but when it does it will still rain.

More RP related, the extra cold just means more things to add to the characters appearence, in my case this is good to some extend as I've only included a coat and glasses.

RP Character(s)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

it's a shame i didn't make my characters' power hereditary , or else my character here would've got ice powers and with the cold weather , that would've been sooooooo much fun being overpower ! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA !!!!!!!!
...........*cough*
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I got another reference image done by another artist that I think has a pretty good style:

I'm not sure how much I like the fangs, but it's alright. She did a pretty good job imo ^^
Click the image to go the the deviantART post for the piece ^^
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Also sorry if my post was confusing. We are not doing any time jumps. It was an idea.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sirius is a husky. I'm sure he'll be fine, I'd worry more about our cold-blooded folk.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Matt's energy would be cut in half or even more, he'd be bundled up in blankets and jackets...
Unless a certain generous millionaire gave him an electric jacket that keeps him warm during the winter *wink wink*
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Lucky Blithe has a scarf even when it isn't cold.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Chris has a hoodie, and spent time living in the streets. he can stand the cold.

in fact, his powers may warm him up a bit cause electric current gives off heat.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Litho has heavy jackets and hats for the cold, but the hinder his ability to fly by adding more weight than he's used to.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

well , considering what might happen (and I want it to happen) near the end of this fight, a time skip might be nice now that I think about it , just might though :P.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

I'll be free in 4 days. Over and out.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

69eist wrote:I'll be free in 4 days. Over and out.
Sweet! Can't wait to have you back!
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Attention players,

Regarding the attacks and abilities, I'm still trying to come up with a decent reference sheet.

As a consolation for my absence, here is the DnD Interactable Player's handbook. http://www.mediafire.com/download/b66xl ... ndbook.rar

For those who have ideas on their characters, you may negotiate your set of skills with me for approval. I will be coordinating with you on the scopes and limitations of your skills.

For those who need ideas, you may refer to the handbook or consult me regarding your set.

Also, I'd like everyone's feedback on the RP.

If you have any concerns, any suggestions, any opinions, please direct them to me. You can either PM me here or skype with me. My skype is Komi.shisei.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas.

P.S. If you can't open RAR files, try this http://www.mediafire.com/view/z0vmxjj2i ... ndbook.pdf

P.S.S. Use this one if you want to preview it. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4kCC ... 05fRXY3S3M
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

A bit of an important announcement for you all.

The new DnD system will be postponed for a while.

As well, I will be temporarily taking charge of the RP for a time. 69 will still be around and will return as GM, but for now I will be doing everything I can to address any questions, problems, concerns. So please feel free to reach out to me about anything related to this rp.

As well, being as it is nearing the 25th. This month has been full of various holidays. I hope that which ever holiday has been your holiday of choice that you celebrate it well. As for me I will be celebrating christmas so merry Christmas to you all and to all humbug (kidding on the humbug ).

I will be also working to make sure the rp begins to start up again back to a level of activeness.
RP Characters:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

pretty sure it only ground to a halt because you three sprung a mechanics change on us mid-arc, right after back-to back gm absences.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

That's why that mechanic is being put aside until he returns and we will just stick to what was working. I'm going to be making a post after I'm done at work about what's going to happen.

Though let's not point fingers and try to blame any one person or any group of individuals please. It's not productive and usually leads to people pointing fingers and blaming others. While everyone gets upset and feelings get hurt.
You are right about the lack of gm involvement, and while two of them have been focusing on exams and other important real life matters. As for me I am sorry for not being very active, for a while I had to deal with a new job that had me up at 4am and had to deal with some of my own stuff. I should have still been active regardless of that as it wasn't fair to any of the players. And I am sorry I wasnt. I will work on doing better from here on out though.
RP Characters:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

pretty sure me and NIW are stalled cause 69eist was controlling the bad guy near us, so we're waiting for someone to control that guy.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Thanks for the reminder, I will be working on that.

Actually, as a reminder (mostly to me so I can remember and organize things), where is everyone and who is waiting for what?
RP Characters:
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Blithe just blasted the huge rock after the time shenanigans and he is crawling for a place to gather his thoughts while Sky is crawling to him. Besides the clicking(?) I am totally lost.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I'm in the process of tying up mustard boy, and waiting to see if he resists, and i think someone was waiting for me...?
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Thank you for those that responded, I am going to work on a plan with the other assistant GM (serence). which does mean that after her exams we will be able to focus a little more.

But I do want to push through this arc now, which means that I will be having to discuss some stuff with people latter, like with jim. We need to do something about him.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

I know Matthias and Sirius are searching for bombs.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Random thought, did anyone here ever watch Medabots?
My Personas

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I've watched some Transformers
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Thats... not even remotely close.

Medabots is more like Pokemon with robots instead of animals.
You buy your first one, and earn parts for others from battles. You can keep your medabot deployed, or keep it in storage and summon it via a control device (usually a watch) as needed.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Buster wrote:Thats... not even remotely close.

Medabots is more like Pokemon with robots instead of animals.
You buy your first one, and earn parts for others from battles. You can keep your medabot deployed, or keep it in storage and summon it via a control device (usually a watch) as needed.
That sounds pretty sweet!
But it also reminds me of Genos from One Punch Man x3
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

So, ran into an unexpected problem today. Car broke down. This mostly means that what I wanted to post today will have to be put off till tomorrow.
But what you all should know is that we are finishing the current arc. Jim the giant is no longer being slowed by time. And after this a new story arc is going to happen. One that I kind of need to retcon some of the back story of some of the characters.

I also have been given a few villain suggestions by lego, which I am going to utilize as well. I will be discussing that with him shortly also. Since a certain holiday is happening on thrusday. Don't worry about posting in the main rp if you cant. Go spend time with family and such.
Though after christmaschool be ready.

Also there are bombs located on the lobby floor where everyone is, and the floor above. But beware players. The rooster lies in wait on the second floor. Be ready for a fight if he finds you.
RP Characters:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

alright, just tried to pull myself and NIW back into things.

just for story's sake, let's say Chris is closer to stairs than an exit and will end up on the second floor. I think he's more well equipped to handle the rooster than the big guy.

also, hopefully a non-combat use of powers didn't require a roll. if it did I could edit my post and do that in another post after getting a roll. I just wanted to get back in the game before everything ended.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Let's get everyone back in the game before worrying about rolls right now. We can start that back up when we get rolling again.
RP Characters:
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Attention players, I have an announcement.
While I'm sure that 69 will explain this if he wishes. 69 has passed on the mantle of head GM to myself. 69 will still have input and contribute to the RP. As this is still his..."baby" I guess.

What this will mean for you all, is that mostly I will be in charge and a few things in the rp are going to change. The changes, I intend to be minimal and will be working on them on friday.
I also will be looking for player input in the future as well.

Thanks for reading. See you all next time for an exciting adventure on chival.

(P.S. we will wrap this current arc up soon).
RP Characters:
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Quick question, does Captain Ketchup have shoe/boot laces?

RP Character(s)