2015/12/04 - Melon Joke

Post by Obbl »

[ Melon Joke ]

Title Text: the tag says lucretia's mother but right now she's elaine's mother

Rick has found the best possible time for backstory
Saturn381

Re: 2015/12/04 - Melon Joke

Post by Saturn381 »

I think this is the first time Lucretia and Elaine's mom talks.
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

Now is reeeealy not the time for that
My DA can be found Here!
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Advantage Grandma Wolf
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
ascdren

Post by ascdren »

TheBlasterizer wrote:Now is reeeealy not the time for that
Nows the perfect time, it's only birthing a few pups, they could do it with theif eyes closed
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

She seems nice. Vindictive, but nice.

It doesn't matter whose mum she is
when she's mother to them all;
snappy, snippy, curt and cool,
this old lady that will never fall.
Just don't let her deliver them alone,
the tales have already gone out;
tales that can shake you to the bone
and, yet, leave you without a doubt
When delivering you need the mum,
the legend that's seen them all in;
most Wolves specialize in taking life out,
she's the one that's helped it begin.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

She can be everybody's mother!
But this is the best place for it because it's less awkward.
Hi Hi Pie
valerio

Post by valerio »

Girl and elder girl...NOT now, please! don't disturb da cute belly <3
WishIWasHearEarlier

Post by WishIWasHearEarlier »

Wait, where is King? It's a bit shocking that he isn't right now, and I don't think anything this big could go unnoticed.
lf you noticed a spelling or grammar error in one of my post, please notify me and l'll fix it as soon as l can.
valerio

Post by valerio »

WishIWasHearEarlier wrote:Wait, where is King? It's a bit shocking that he isn't right now, and I don't think anything this big could go unnoticed.
I think he must be downstairs, pacing a ditch into the floor, while Rodney is trying to convince him to just sit down and wait and that the wives of the house know what to do.
Or some thing.

(Also, did I say how much awesome is Mom?)^^
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

And that leaves you to wonder why Poncho went with them when Elaine returned to her pack...
valerio

Post by valerio »

Much as the idea is funny, King would likely freak out even harder if he was kept out of this event for that reason.
But I must admit that him waking up the next morning with her and the pups all cuddled on their bed is just THE meltdown <3
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

King seriously cannot be sleeping through this, right? I mean why hasn't he been mentioned so far.

At least wolf grand.a has some dialogue!
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Man, Four Strips in and still no sign of King. I'm guessing he's somewhere in the house passed out from shock?
Argent

Post by Argent »

There's the towels! Just need the boiling water!
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Backlash

Post by Backlash »

Why does it feel like we're focusing more on the wolves than King and Bailey?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Backlash wrote:Why does it feel like we're focusing more on the wolves than King and Bailey?
Well, the dogs *are* part of the wolf family.
Also, sweet torture is sweet :mrgreen: But it will be, oh so worth it
Backlash

Post by Backlash »

valerio wrote:
Backlash wrote:Why does it feel like we're focusing more on the wolves than King and Bailey?
Yes, but its starting to feel more like padding. This is a pretty big event, but instead of focusing on the parents to be, we get more of Jack's shenanigans, and Elaine's mother issues. It just feels off.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Where's King?!?! He should be with his wife and hold her paw or something during this special moment.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Backlash wrote:
valerio wrote:
Yes, but its starting to feel more like padding. This is a pretty big event, but instead of focusing on the parents to be, we get more of Jack's shenanigans, and Elaine's mother issues. It just feels off.
Pretty sure this would be a great time for some backstory from the wolves in this arc since this seems to roll off of their shoulders like it's not a big deal, but you also have to remember how animals usually roll this stuff off like it's nothing. Just look at Bailey. =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
valerio

Post by valerio »

Furryface18 wrote:Where's King?!?! He should be with his wife and hold her paw or something during this special moment.
Right now Fox is holding King's paw and and soothing him :mrgreen: And Sabrina is making sassafrass tea for the groom
Backlash

Post by Backlash »

GameCobra wrote:Pretty sure this would be a great time for some backstory from the wolves in this arc since this seems to roll off of their shoulders like it's not a big deal, but you also have to remember how animals usually roll this stuff off like it's nothing. Just look at Bailey. =3
In an arc that was supposed to be focused on King and Bailey? Why? The wolves already get plenty of their own arc's dedicated to them.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Backlash wrote:In an arc that was supposed to be focused on King and Bailey? Why? The wolves already get plenty of their own arc's dedicated to them.
What's this "supposed to be" stuff? It's "supposed to be" about whatever Rick wants it to be, could be anything from communist mice to giant space whales.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Backlash wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Pretty sure this would be a great time for some backstory from the wolves in this arc since this seems to roll off of their shoulders like it's not a big deal, but you also have to remember how animals usually roll this stuff off like it's nothing. Just look at Bailey. =3
In an arc that was supposed to be focused on King and Bailey? Why? The wolves already get plenty of their own arc's dedicated to them.
Oi, oi, oi! We're four strips into this arc. :P This is merely the setup for the arc's story. It only feels slow because you are progressing at an average rate of 1 strip every 2.333333 days. ;) When the entire arc is complete, these 2 strips (or even 3 or 4) with wolf shenanigans or backstory will be a tiny blip and not a show stealer. Plus, as is noted in this very strip, King and Bailey are part of the pack too. Should the wolves be excluded just because the pups are King's and Bailey's? We're getting to see the dynamic of character interactions here from two differing perspectives, which is bound to be interesting. That's why the wolves do get a bit of attention. They are interesting characters and great for juxtaposition. But Rick also does a good job of getting to explore the other characters as well. Ultimately, the wolves are here to support Bailey in her birthing even if they get carried away at times. They're just trying to help out in their own way :D
Backlash

Post by Backlash »

Argent wrote:What's this "supposed to be" stuff? It's "supposed to be" about whatever Rick wants it to be, could be anything from communist mice to giant space whales.
I dunno, wouldn't you think a story about Bailey having puppies would be about King and Bailey? :P
Obbl wrote:Oi, oi, oi! We're four strips into this arc. :P This is merely the setup for the arc's story. It only feels slow because you are progressing at an average rate of 1 strip every 2.333333 days. ;) When the entire arc is complete, these 2 strips (or even 3 or 4) with wolf shenanigans or backstory will be a tiny blip and not a show stealer. Plus, as is noted in this very strip, King and Bailey are part of the pack too. Should the wolves be excluded just because the pups are King's and Bailey's? We're getting to see the dynamic of character interactions here from two differing perspectives, which is bound to be interesting. That's why the wolves do get a bit of attention. They are interesting characters and great for juxtaposition. But Rick also does a good job of getting to explore the other characters as well. Ultimately, the wolves are here to support Bailey in her birthing even if they get carried away at times. They're just trying to help out in their own way :D
I know, but I'm impatient XD
Bill in OK

Post by Bill in OK »

Elain must be remembering this...

King looks an awful lot like my own Corgi. That's one reason why he's my favorite, but I also like his attitude.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Backlash wrote:I dunno, wouldn't you think a story about Bailey having puppies would be about King and Bailey? :P
Only Bailey is having Puppies. If King's been told yet, he's probably having kittens.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oooh, finally we see Lucretia's (and Elaine's, of course) mother say something. :D :P Yeah, that's really great of you, but Bailey isn't a wolf, indeed... And Bailey isn't neither just a dog: she's a wonderful dog. ;) It's useless, you do as you please, you like to watch births. :) That's cool of you think about diversity, elder wolf: your thoughts are so young and modern. :D That's interesting of you and Jack, Elaine, you two did a romantic getaway. ;) Eheh, your mom wants to take credits for that. :P Eh, you'll get used to them, Bailey. ;)
The towel is ready and so is Bailey, too. Can't wait for the great event! :D
Argent

Post by Argent »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Only Bailey is having Puppies. If King's been told yet, he's probably having kittens.
Good+for+you+_f4697eb3e6691e14a350555b13210ac9.jpg
Good+for+you+_f4697eb3e6691e14a350555b13210ac9.jpg (26.53 KiB) Viewed 13627 times
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Well to be fair, Bailey, huskies are probably as close to wolves as dogs get as far as dog breeds go.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Panther

Post by Panther »

First apparition of the old alpha female ; i would be Elaine , i'll be careful : even old female can slap your face to make you shut up :lol:
Obbl wrote:
Backlash wrote:
Oi, oi, oi! We're four strips into this arc. :P This is merely the setup for the arc's story. It only feels slow because you are progressing at an average rate of 1 strip every 2.333333 days. ;) When the entire arc is complete, these 2 strips (or even 3 or 4) with wolf shenanigans or backstory will be a tiny blip and not a show stealer. Plus, as is noted in this very strip, King and Bailey are part of the pack too. Should the wolves be excluded just because the pups are King's and Bailey's? We're getting to see the dynamic of character interactions here from two differing perspectives, which is bound to be interesting. That's why the wolves do get a bit of attention. They are interesting characters and great for juxtaposition. But Rick also does a good job of getting to explore the other characters as well. Ultimately, the wolves are here to support Bailey in her birthing even if they get carried away at times. They're just trying to help out in their own way :D
Bailey is delivering in their house/lair , it's normal we see wolves in this arc . Don't expect they'll stay "hidden" around and do nothing . For King ; either he knows delivery is running , and he's biting his claws anxiously somewhere . Either he doesn't know yet , and we'll get a loud scream when he'll learn :mrgreen:
cuteycindyhoney

Post by cuteycindyhoney »

I really love how Bailey and King are so totally accepted into the pack. It might be fun if their pups grow up thinking that they're wolves.
The animated signature I've used for years is too big for this forum! When I get time, I'll have to deconstruct it and make it smaller!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is anybody gonna wake King up so he can BE there for the birth of his children?
Panther

Post by Panther »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Is anybody gonna wake King up so he can BE there for the birth of his children?
Oh , yea ; wake King up to see him pass out quickly . That's a nice idea :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well at least we can say we gave it the old college try.
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

Lucrecia's/Elaine's mom appears so rarely. Glad this is her first talk active appearance. She needs Her own story arc. But first, "let the stork deliver".
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I forgot that Elaine and Lucretia were siblings and always assumed Jack and Miles were brothers.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Miles only has 2 brothers, Daryll and other Daryll.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that. I had just forgotten it. Elaine is the Wolf Cubs maternal aunt and Daryl and OD are their paternal uncles. Jack is their maternal uncle via marriage/mating.

And I should have known better since I made the family tree.
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Oh no here go. Let the montage begin!