HPU?: Apollo City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU?: Apollo City

Post by Hlaoroo »

Unlike James, Kelly is programmed to bee able to handle difficult emotions to enable her to handle problem customers better. This programming kicks in now as she sits on the ground beside and slightly angled towards Vi and crosses her legs.
"I know. It's hard. It's not air on you at all. I wish I could do something to help you..."[/b] she says quietly. "I shall definitely pass on your concerns to the staff here and try to work out some compromise for you. Living a life without happiness is not living a life at all... Would you prefer to be returned to the forest on Earth or to make a new life here in the city?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Veil continued to slowly around the group, getting further and further away from them. He looked back at them, he stopped going as soon as he realized just how far he had gotten away from the group. He smiled and looked around from where he stood, this place was amazing, and so was it's purpose. He sighed to himself and put his paws on his sides while looking around at the environment.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Civilization wrote:Veil continued to slowly around the group, getting further and further away from them. He looked back at them, he stopped going as soon as he realized just how far he had gotten away from the group. He smiled and looked around from where he stood, this place was amazing, and so was it's purpose. He sighed to himself and put his paws on his sides while looking around at the environment.
"Well well well well..." said a gruffy voice through the glass's speaker. "Look what we have here, so small, so lost..."
The voice of a grizzly bear. Unlike what could be expected from an animal atlas, this female specimen was white-furred like a big black snowflake. And her eyes were a deep blue. "What you doing here, cypet?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Though still consoling Viria, one of James ears swivels toward where Veil is. He listens to the conversation just in case something or someone decided to go wrong.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote:Unlike James, Kelly is programmed to bee able to handle difficult emotions to enable her to handle problem customers better. This programming kicks in now as she sits on the ground beside and slightly angled towards Vi and crosses her legs.
"I know. It's hard. It's not fair on you at all. I wish I could do something to help you..."[/b] she says quietly. "I shall definitely pass on your concerns to the staff here and try to work out some compromise for you. Living a life without happiness is not living a life at all... Would you prefer to be returned to the forest on Earth or to make a new life here in the city?"
"Thanks Kelly... And I really would like to stay here. There's nothing left for me back on Earth..." The vixen mumbled before quickly rubbing her eyes for a few seconds. "Ah, sorry. I reeeally didn't mean for this to turn into a soapy moment." She took in a deep breath and then exhaled. "Alright, let's umm, do something fun."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Roarin wrote:"Thanks Kelly... And I really would like to stay here. There's nothing left for me back on Earth..." The vixen mumbled before quickly rubbing her eyes for a few seconds. "Ah, sorry. I reeeally didn't mean for this to turn into a soapy moment." She took in a deep breath and then exhaled. "Alright, let's umm, do something fun."
"Fun, huh? That's what I'm built for!"

James put a paw to his chin and let out a, "Hmmm." He snapped and looked at Viria.

"Is music allowed in this facility?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Music is allowed"/color] Jemmy intervened. "Provided it stands within a decibel range compatible with the surrounding fauna's hearing limits."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

valerio wrote:"Music is allowed" Jemmy intervened. "Provided it stands within a decibel range compatible with the surrounding fauna's hearing limits."
James eyes suddenly turned to a computer screen. He used his mental ability to open up his USB to pull up the list of songs the family had installed on it.

"Name a song you would like to hear and I'll play it. To the level of loudness allowed of course."

(Pick any song you want. We can just pretend it was on there.)
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

valerio wrote:"Well well well well..." said a gruffy voice through the glass's speaker. "Look what we have here, so small, so lost..."
The voice of a grizzly bear. Unlike what could be expected from an animal atlas, this female specimen was white-furred like a big black snowflake. And her eyes were a deep blue. "What you doing here, cypet?"
Veil looked at the bear that talked to him, he looked around and at the group, he supposed he was far enough away to appear lost. He looked back at the bear as she continued to talk. "Looking for a purpose?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Roarin wrote:"Thanks Kelly... And I really would like to stay here. There's nothing left for me back on Earth..." The vixen mumbled before quickly rubbing her eyes for a few seconds. "Ah, sorry. I reeeally didn't mean for this to turn into a soapy moment." She took in a deep breath and then exhaled. "Alright, let's umm, do something fun."
"You are quite welcome, Miss Viria. I am programmed to help and I am merely following my programming. May I enquire as to what manner of fun activity you have in mind?" The ferret-droid pulls a tissue from a small packet in her pocket that she keeps for patrons and offers it to Viria.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmm? Oh, Umm well." The vixen tapped the side of her chin in thought.
"Mind if I suggest something?" The Eskimo dog quips from the back. Avery had been quiet for quite some time now and it was well time that he contributed to the conversation. "Something that immediately comes to mind and helps take your... Well mind, off of things for a bit is... Imaginating. It doesn't take much to do, or anything really besides a good imagination and some teamwork."
Though at the sight of the disdain if not bemused look Vi was giving him, the canine's confidence seemed to falter a bit and he waved a pair of outstretched paws in front of him. "R-really it much more fun than it sounds."

"Is this really something you guys do for fun?" The fox asks, looking about the others, as if to confirm some bizarre rumor.
Last edited by Roarin on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ref Ref!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"You mean make-believe? That's what the kids do with me when I'm on break."

James realizes that that might sound rude and quickly goes to fix it.

"Not that it's boring or childish, of course!"
My characters!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Jemmy smiled. "That could work. The holographic technology could help us give more...coerency to the game's schematics."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I am not programmed for creativity." Todd intones.
"No, however you are programmed to respond to input stimuli and to create solutions to problems, as am I." Kelly points out. "Although we may not prove adept at creating situations I am sure we can mange to partake in the hypothetical situations the organics will create using our logic circuity and problem-solving programs."
"That may be an adequate compromise." Todd nods. "What manner of situation shall we hypothesise?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hmm, how about something that had a setting that contrasts our current one now? Kingdoms, castles, knights in shining armor?" Avery proposes.
"I have no idea what half of those words mean... But alright...". The fox say up, stretching a bit. "It can't hurt to try..."

Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Again, Jemmy's eyes lost focus while he processed the information. "If referring to what pop culture refers as 'middle ages', or 'high fantasy', we could either select a historic period ranging from 476 aC through 1517 aC and an appropriate location, or we could just set up a generic historical reference, according to our entertainment tastes."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"According to our entertainment tastes seems the simplest do achieve. Does anyone have the ability to show holograms?"

James' tail is wagging slightly as he thinks about being a knight, but the fluffy appendage really picks up when he researches the term "jester".
My characters!
valerio

Post by valerio »

"As I previously stated, the system itself is made to generate convincing holograms. I guess we should select a role and a scenery. Given our number, a safe choice would be a situation at court."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Kat wandered over to the group as they began planning their imaginary excursion, "What's this I hear about using our holographic systems?" She asks with a smile, gently ruffling the vixen's hair, which Vi responds with a simple sigh and a roll of the eyes.
"Though our system is good enough to handle most settings we only have natural habitats and such loaded onto our database. Erm, medieval castles, not so much..."

"I wouldn't mind playing a knight." Avery quips, his tail swishing softly at the idea. "And if we found some, couldn't we always... download it?" The replied, fumbling over simple technical words.
"I guess if you guys found some templates that were compatible with what we have, though I wouldn't be surprised if you could find something on the interwebs..."

Ref Ref!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"I call being a jester! Or another knight if a the position of a jester doesn't fit with the activity."

James hums and suddenly snaps.

"Should I download some medieval music to make it sound more believable?"
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Will this be reminiscent of a Shakespearean play?" Todd queries, still trying to work out what to do.
"Might I assume the role of Lady-in-Waiting?" Kelly queries. "I believe I shall prove adept at following the orders given to a person in such a situation."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Veil found himself continuing to circle the group, getting further away as he went. Though he paused to watch the others plan, what he had no idea, but it had gotten their attention. Good for them. He forced himself to smile, he didn't know why but he did. He looked around, this place was the only distraction he needed to stay, well, distracted. Something about this place just seemed so right, but he couldn't tell what about it made it seem that way since overall, it was pretty fake.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Good. So my best guess is that you all would find yourself more comfortable with a High Court setting, is that it? A jestwer we jave, so we need a king and a queen, or a nobleperson a jester can perform to. Any volunteers for those roles?"
Civilization wrote:Veil found himself continuing to circle the group, getting further away as he went. Though he paused to watch the others plan, what he had no idea, but it had gotten their attention. Good for them. He forced himself to smile, he didn't know why but he did. He looked around, this place was the only distraction he needed to stay, well, distracted. Something about this place just seemed so right, but he couldn't tell what about it made it seem that way since overall, it was pretty fake.
"What is it that is troubling you, Veil?" asked the Genet's voice via the personal communication system
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

James mimed playing a lute when Jemmy listed off the needed roles. He laughed and began downloading a series of medieval songs. While the download was processing, James closed his left eye, which now sported a download bar. He looked over at Veil and notice that he was a little bit farther away than the rest of the group. He was about to walk over and see what was wrong, but the last time he tried to console Veil, he was accused of making it worse. He simply crossed his arms and sat back down.
My characters!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

valerio wrote:"What is it that is troubling you, Veil?" asked the Genet's voice via the personal communication system
Veil found himself looking up at the 'sky' of this place, taking slow deliberate deep breaths. When Jemmy decided to talk to him it caught him a little off guard. "Hrm, still nothing." He replied, "No need to worry about me, keep having fun."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What about you, Jemmy? Given your aptitude for organisation I believe you would make a good king." Kelly suggests. "I suppose the roll of Queen should fall to either myself or Viria as we are the only females present. Would you like to play the Queen and order us about, Viria?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Huh? Order you guys around?" The fox asked, turning her head to Kelly as she was suddenly addressed. "Weeell I guess I couldn't lie and say that doesn't sound pretty fun..." Viria grinned a foxy grin, stretching her arms to the sky. "And this a supposed to be a person in this High Court we're all making?"

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That is correct." Kelly confirms. "We anidroids are better at following orders than making them so it is only logical that you should be queen and I as the only other female should play the part of your lady-in-waiting. That means I shall be your personal servant who will attend to your personal needs."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Jemmy let out a big smile at that proposal. "A King, a position of power and responsibility. I do appreciate your offer, friends, and I promise I will bring you a just reign." He bowed to the others...
...while his communicator sent another message to the ferret. <Veil, please, there is no need to isolate yourself. Unless you want to keep exploring, in which case a chaperon is supposed to accompany you.>
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

valerio wrote:...while his communicator sent another message to the ferret. <Veil, please, there is no need to isolate yourself. Unless you want to keep exploring, in which case a chaperon is supposed to accompany you.>
Veil thought about it, he wasn't really exploring, nor was he getting involved with the group that so kindly allowed him to come along on their trip. He wasn't going to be able to keep going around in circles anyways without one of the ani-droids noticing if they haven't already. That brought up another wall of arguments for and against himself. Though in the end now he was pushed between breaking the rules or going back, which he was going to do. He hated being by himself, his thoughts were no friends. "Okay." The word came out more grateful than anything, and with that he began to walk back to the group.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

James stands back up when he hears Veil walking over and smiles at him.

"You wanna be a knight, Veil?"
My characters!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote:"That is correct." Kelly confirms. "We anidroids are better at following orders than making them so it is only logical that you should be queen and I as the only other female should play the part of your lady-in-waiting. That means I shall be your personal servant who will attend to your personal needs."
"Not gonna lie that sounds pretty... well cool." From the title the vixen surmised it required a lot of waiting. For her? To give orders? It was rare for Vi to find herself in a (though imaginary but still) position of power. This was going to be fun.
Mickey wrote:James stands back up when he hears Veil walking over and smiles at him.

"You wanna be a knight, Veil?"
"Yeah! No court is complete without a squadron of knights to guard the royalty!" Avery quips enthusiastically.

Ref Ref!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Veil looked between James and Avery and smiled, "Sure, I'll be a knight." In all honesty he had no idea what to do as a knight, but it sounded better than nothing.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Todd fails to see how imaginary authority can affect the temperature of a climate-controlled environment but Kelly understands the vernacular term and agrees with Vi, informing the fox of this. Then the two droids wait patiently for the game to begin.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Jemmy's eyes flashed. "Initiating sequence. Setting: Generic fantasy middle-age. Physical characters: King, Queen, Jester, Lady-in-Waiting, Knights. Opening...now."
And it was done! The environment around them was transformed into the luxurious court of the royal couple, with the genet and the fox sitting on their thrones, looking benevolently at the crowd assembled, a jester softly playing in a corner, and two knights in silvery shining armor kneeling before their monarchs, helms cupped in their arms.
"Well, my brave sirs," the King said. He was clad in a scarlet cape, and his head was crowned in gold and silver. "What news do you bring me from the borders of our kingdom, that require our attention?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

The jester strummed his lute softly as he leaned against the wall, legs crossed and humming along with the tune. When the King spoke, he opened his eyes and looked up, wondering what was the matter.
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly curtseys and quietly takes her place behind the throne of "Queen" Vi. Todd looks around, a little bewildered, so Kelly feeds him a few lines of one of the plays JD had written but never produced many years prior.
Taking the cue, Todd drops to one knee before "King" Jemmy's throne and bows his head before looking up at the king.
"My liege. All remains quiet. Captain Fenn grows suspicious of the lack of activity or message from the armies and general of the Korgans. I bring you his report, and that of Captain Giles, whom as Your Majesty no doubt recalls, recently fought of the barbarian hordes to our North and is now guarding that border." Todd raises his paw in which two holographic scrolls, sealed with holographic wax seals have appeared. Standing, he approaches the throne and bows deeply, presenting the genet with the scrolls before returning to his previous kneeling position.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery's only reaction to the change was a momentary look of surprise before his mind adjusted to the situation. Kneeled down in front of the two thrones the canine waited for Todd to finish his report before he looked up, directing his attention to Jemmy. "Our east outpost guarding the border is also in need of a new shipment of resources and men. After helping our neighboring country fight off some bandits their numbers have fallen." He quips.

Vi looks around, astonished by her new surroundings. It wasn't often that she found herself in front of a crowd, or sitting on a throne for that matter. But the whole scene held a sort of centricity that... Centered around her and the genet sitting beside her. Her legs swung aloofly off the throne and as she listened to each of the members of the court speak her expression turned from interest, to disdain, to boredom in mere seconds.
Leaning over in her chair she whispered to her lady-in-waiting, "Hey, Kelly, what are they talking about? Actually no, more importantly, is there anything fun to do around here?" Most of the words both Todd and Avery had just said went right over her head.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"My lady." Kelly bows, not breaking character. "The knights are informing the king of the latest news of the wars on the boundaries of our imaginary kingdom. If my lady desires entertainment, perhaps I should convey her wishes to our jester?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

James tilts his head so the hat covers his eyes. He quickly downloads some upbeat medieval string music and tosses his head so the hat falls back into place. He stands up, walking in front of the Queen's throne. He bows deeply, removing his hat.

"Do you wish to be entertained, m'lady? Allow me to fulfill such a wish."

James begins to "play" a song on his lute, dancing around and singing along.
My characters!