SRP - Terra Ridge

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: SRP - Terra Ridge

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"and who is "your highness" you spoke of a moment ago ?" Nadia added
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Can you tell me where I am?" Robin asked, walking after the mysterious thing.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Flynn was standing back, watching Robin talk to the thing. "Alright, doesn't seem like it'll attack us," he told the ladies with him.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Nadia/Scraps/Othello wrote:"Of course, of course. The trip from The Beyond must have been difficult and disorienting for all of you." The wolf let out a soft cough to clear his throat, like he was about to make an important declaration. "I would like to be the first to formally introduce you to Terra Ridge! A large region populated by quite a few cities and towns all connected by tunnels such as this one. All under the unifying rule of the Lahmia Province " The wolf nodded towards the rock wall they were approaching, and the large circular hole in it. It looked much like the tunnel they had set up camp last night.

Rhyner smiled as Nadia mentioned this 'highness' he had spoken of earlier. "She is the current acting Ruler of the Province, Anastasia Einbroch, Queen of our capital city. Ever since the death of her husband (guardians watch over his soul), she's had to take on the burden of overseeing political affairs. A whole nation suddenly on her shoulders." The wolf made a soft clicking sound with his tongue and shook his head.
Flynn/Robin/Aliah wrote:Whatever the thing was, it didn't seem to be paying attention to Robin anymore, and he could hear it go back to skittering about, followed by the drilling sound.

"Well what is it then?" Alyse asked, sounding quite impatient now, walking past Flynn to see what the disturbance was. And if Flynn and Aliah followed, they'd see...

A strange looking mechanical spider-like creature. It seemed to be harvesting fragments of the glowing blue crystals that grew along the wall. Most of the stones were small but some glowed fiercely and were the size of a housepet! Cogs turned and whirred on the android arachnid as its drill-like appendage extended out from its body going about, frantically working and collecting what it could.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:
Flynn/Robin/Aliah wrote:Whatever the thing was, it didn't seem to be paying attention to Robin anymore, and he could hear it go back to skittering about, followed by the drilling sound.

"Well what is it then?" Alyse asked, sounding quite impatient now, walking past Flynn to see what the disturbance was. And if Flynn and Aliah followed, they'd see...

A strange looking mechanical spider-like creature. It seemed to be harvesting fragments of the glowing blue crystals that grew along the wall. Most of the stones were small but some glowed fiercely and were the size of a housepet! Cogs turned and whirred on the android arachnid as its drill-like appendage extended out from its body going about, frantically working and collecting what it could.
And Flynn did follow. most people's attention would probably be drawn to the spider, but Flynn's eyes went right to the crystals.
Woah, those would probably be worth something back home, he thought, considering taking some to sell off.

then he thought better of it, realizing that taking any may actually get the spider thing's attention, and he didn't want to be on the business end of that drill.

"Looks like some sort of mining... thing. Probably safe as long as we don't interrupt its work," he said to the others.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"I see ." Nadia said . So they have a queen........this could be either good or really bad , she thought . "Do you find people like us often ? Outsiders somehow end up here like we do ?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Robin walked up to Flynn. "What is it? It smells like metal." he asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"I see ." Nadia said . So they have a queen........this could be either good or really bad , she thought . "Do you find people like us often ? Outsiders somehow end up here like we do ?"
Scraps kept quiet and listened, Nadia was doing a good job of getting pertinent information without revealing how desperate their collective situation was. Which could of course just be a case of him being paranoid but until he knew more about where he was and how they treated foreigners and/or castaways it was best not to lead with being lost and abandoned.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Othello let the others go on, he looked around them and at the tunnel. He tried to look around for any familiar fauna, rocks, landmarks, or even the sky's astronomy, which was proving rather unhelpful. He never heard of a place called Terra Ridge, and he assumed that The Beyond is where he and probably the other two were from, but where was to location wise to each other. With the other two seemingly wanting information on the situation he didn't bother to ask his pointless geography questions.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

hypernovatic wrote:Robin walked up to Flynn. "What is it? It smells like metal." he asked.
"It probably is," Flynn replied. "Though it being here at least means this isn't a deserted island."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn/Robin/Aliah wrote:It looks like.. some sort of mechanical spider?" The other feline quipped carefully walking over to it and crouching down to take a look. As she got closer the machine turned and a lazer-like horizontal line passed across Alyse, making the cat flinch and back up a bit. The cog's in its mechanical head whirred before another beep was heard and it went back to work. "Yeah I guess... Wonder where it came from though. But this definitely means we're not the only ones here.""
Nadia/Scraps/Othello wrote:"Hmm? Oh no no, it's truly a miracle you three showed up in the first place. In a time of need I might add, just as the guardians told us." The wolf smirked. "The sooner we get to the capital the better so you can have an audience with the Queen. But it's a long trek so we'll make a pit stop here and there at some outposts and towns." They soon were in the tunnel with the wolf leading the way. It was wider than the last and the wolf's voice echoed off the walls as he spoke. Behind them they could barely make out the outline of the feline trailing a few paces back, her ears twitching as she occasionally looked over her shoulder.

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Roarin wrote:
Nadia/Scraps/Othello wrote:"Hmm? Oh no no, it's truly a miracle you three showed up in the first place. In a time of need I might add, just as the guardians told us." The wolf smirked. "The sooner we get to the capital the better so you can have an audience with the Queen. But it's a long trek so we'll make a pit stop here and there at some outposts and towns." They soon were in the tunnel with the wolf leading the way. It was wider than the last and the wolf's voice echoed off the walls as he spoke. Behind them they could barely make out the outline of the feline trailing a few paces back, her ears twitching as she occasionally looked over her shoulder.
Scraps gve Nadia a questioning look. He didn't want to be in front of the queen if she was expecting them to fix anything, he decided to be honest with them. "Well, I guess that sounds like a plan. May I ask who the guardians are? Or what exactly we're expected to do? Because we never planned on being here, it's not like we came here with any specific goal in mind, if that's what you're getting at. We're just lost at sea."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Othello, now limited on where he could look in the tunnel, tried to see how far ahead they would be going. Not getting anywhere with that, and with the cat behind them he didn't have much to see there. He began to try and put together everything the wolf was saying, trying hard to forget how sore he still was from waking up.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Seth wrote:
Roarin wrote:
Scraps gve Nadia a questioning look. He didn't want to be in front of the queen if she was expecting them to fix anything, he decided to be honest with them. "Well, I guess that sounds like a plan. May I ask who the guardians are? Or what exactly we're expected to do? Because we never planned on being here, it's not like we came here with any specific goal in mind, if that's what you're getting at. We're just lost at sea."
"My friend is right , to be frank , it's kind of not a really good plan , asking people like us who have no idea about anything in this land to do , well , anything , as least in my opinion . Shouldn't this problem , whatever it is , be dealt with by more capable hands , you know , like you ?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Nadia/Scraps/Othello wrote:The Guardians are the deity figures of our society, said to live watch over our lands in The Beyond." The wolf smiled politely, "We were told you might be perplexed by your situation at first, but are more than capable for the job at hand." Devout may be one way of seeing the wolf's demeanor, though it seemed no matter what they said he was fixated on the idea that they were somehow saviors.

"And what you are saying, Ms. Nadia, is the exact reason we are going to such measures. It is a problem we simply have not been able to solve. And when a divine intervention occurred, we couldn't ignore it now could we?"

As Othello stared further down the cave all he could see was... Well more cave. Though behind him he could hear footsteps coming up to him, and the feline begin to walk beside him.
"You're awfully quiet." She mumbled.

Ref Ref!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Othello wrote:As Othello stared further down the cave all he could see was... Well more cave. Though behind him he could hear footsteps coming up to him, and the feline begin to walk beside him.
"You're awfully quiet." She mumbled.
After only seeing more caves Othello continued to do his best to remember the path that they were taking while listening to the wolf go on. So far a few of his questions had been answered, and he was pretty sure that the other questions he had couldn't be answered by the citizens of this place. He looked at the feline as they began to walk beside each other. "It's better to be mute and aware than loud and blind." He mumbled back with a slight smile.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"I.....suppose....so...." Nadia said , trying her best to to offend the wolf , while also giving Scrap a look that could be interpreted as "we're in so much problem right now"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"I.....suppose....so...." Nadia said , trying her best to to offend the wolf , while also giving Scrap a look that could be interpreted as "we're in so much problem right now"
Scraps returned the look and added a shrug. There likely wasn't much they could do if their guide really bought into what he was saying. Scraps made an effort to change the uncomfortable subject. " So... how long until the first outpost then?"
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz