Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by ArcWolf »

Don't get discouraged, Mr. Collier.
You seem like a nice enough guy. :3

You're in school right now, let that be your focus.
Just an Arc
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Sorry to hear that Doug. Since college, I haven't had any luck even finding a real girlfriend.
Sorrow: the summer's almost over and I'm exhausted.
Joy: at least I can't say I didn't spend it productively. I even ended up in the newspaper regarding my research.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Invisan wrote: @Shadow if you wouldnt live that far away and the shipping wouldnt be so muffins and cookies expensive i would send you some new Headphones got plenty especially since my employee is one of the worlds most reknownst developers of Head and Microphones.
I'd really appreciate that. But yeah, too bad I probably live half way across the world from you. :P
Douglas Collier wrote:Sorrow: I just woke up from dreaming that the girl I was planning on marrying died, sending me into a severe depression that would get me institutionalized.

Sorrow: It made me wake up sad and doubting even further my luck in finding a girl who would stay with me through my emotional problems.

Hope: The new vitamins I'm taking are supposed to help with emotional problems like that, so some of that worry has been alleviated.
Awww, don't worry too much about that Douglas. -hugs him close-
I agree with ArcWolf. You shouldn't prioritize too much on that, and just focus on your classes first.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: My birthday is over!
deep winter

Post by deep winter »

Sorrow: Reality Sucks. But doesnt everyone think this at some point? Personaly Its the reason i dont watch the news; the world is a depressing place.

Edit: happy birthday
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Yeah, it's one of those times things don't look great. Life is like a roller-coaster (as is so many other things). I don't simple mean it has it's ups and downs, but that's a starting basis of the point I'm going to make. Every time you go down, you have a rise back up after the drop. Things will get better some days and things will get worse on others. Just keep going through life and you'll find it was worth the downsides.

Joy: I have a shilling!
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Joy: I unlocked the soundtest in Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. :3
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I'm having tacos and leftover cake for dinner!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Nuisance: My power went out in the middle of the night - which I probably wouldn't have noticed except for the fact that the computer's power reserve has an infernal beeping noise when the electricity goes out that woke me up. Once I dealt with that, though I had an incredibly difficult time falling back asleep, because no power means no fan. You only truly appreciate how much white noise helps when you don't have it.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

That's really freaky, my power went out for a moment too.

RP Character(s)
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

So. a little update in life.

Joy: Finished some rudimentary cleaning of the house in general. I generally enjoy cleaning up the house, and my mum had begged me to help clean up. There's a lot to be done, but the basics are done at least.

Sorrow: Apparently my mum still banks in me actually graduating from college. when I pretty much dropped out. My rich uncle even said that he'll sponsor us going to the convocation ceremony. It brought about a bout of anxiety in me, seeing how desperate my mum's family wanted me to settle down and have a job, have a family like the rest of Asians my age...

Ambivalent: But I kinda say, "Screw it." I tried explaining, and they wouldn't understand/accept. I'll just say I failed my courses when the expected time for the results announcements come, and they'll have to face the music. It'll hurt them, yes, but they'll come to accept it eventually. I've been following their every whim and orders until now, it's time I steer my own life.

Joy: I finally got a solid 8-hour sleep at night, two nights in a row, and I feel awesome.

Sorrow: It's really cold this morning, with the morning rain and generally lower temperatures of the area. My sinuses are acting up as usual

Small joy: My mum made a whole jug of warm Chinese tea, and I've gone through half of it. I love Chinese tea, the next logical upgrade from plain water, with its plain and sugarless taste. It helps digestion as well :3

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
ShadowLightning

Wow, that's quite a lot going on with your life, kuro. I hope you go through all of them alright.

A little Joy: I gave the rest of my leftover lunch to a cat.
A little Sorrow: I'm not totally sure if what I fed to it would be good or bad. :?
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That really sucks Kuro. I hope that everything does balance out for you sometime soon. You sound really stressed.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Joy: after finding a spider the size of my hand I decided to clean my room. Much more space than I remember actually, so must mean I did a pretty good job of it. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Deske

Post by Deske »

Minor Hiccup: So I forgot that there was a house showing today. Woke up because someone walked in my room. I am worried if the homeowner is going to yell at me or just not hear about it at all. They viewers didn't seem exceptionally angry, mostly laughing about it.

Joy: I turned 18 in 15 days.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I got my first paper done for Composition II!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I start my new job soon! And my mate is gonna visit later this month probably. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

yay , those are great news Sleet , congratulation ^^
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Congratulations on everything Sleet!
ShadowLightning

That sounds awesome, Sleet! Congrats! :P

Sorrow: I only had like 6 hours of sleep last night. I'm exhausted and feel like I'll pass out soon.
A little Joy: I only have one class left today.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Congrats Sleet! :D
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

ever broken your hand? before today my answer would have always been "no".

typing with a pen taped to a cast is harder than i would have thought.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ouch! That's no fun at all! I know from experience since I also broke my paw a few years back.

I hope you're okay and that it heals quickly!

Which paw was it? Was it your writing paw?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

left, and yes i'm left handed.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I broke my right paw and I'm right pawed and was back then too. I was happy though because it got me out of piano practise. :P

Well, I hope it heals fast for you!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Joy: I got a bonus at work and so I bought myself an early birthday gift; a camera.
Joy2: I took my new camera to the zoo and got some pictures of the animals
Sorrow: the zoo is a lot dirtier and smaller than I remember and not a lot of the animals seemed happy or were asleep.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Joy: found my A3 Sketch pad. :D Now I can draw on a larger scale!

RP Character(s)
mitel

Post by mitel »

Sorrow: I keep forgetting this place exists. That kind of annoys me.

Sorrow: Me and my ex had a falling out a few days ago. She most likely views me with the disdain I honestly deserve, and we've cut ties. I haven't spoken a letter with her since. I like to pretend it doesn't hurt... but seeing that ring I made for her reminds me just how much I once cared, and just how badly I screwed it all up.
Unsure: I seem to be getting back into the swing of things in terms of my behavior... although now I'm basically living in fear that anyone I act affectionate to will become a victim to my issues. It's extremely hard to balance that fear with my now unrequited need to unleash hugs and hearts all over someone.

Sorrow: My phone went missing, a few days before I was slated to finally get an upgrade. I haven't found out where it went yet.
Sorrow: This meant I had to move... thankfully, very briefly... to an iPhone. It's... ech. Usable, but definitely not something I'd subject myself to for an extended period of time.
Joy: I am getting an upgrade though. An LG G3, coming in... probably today now that I think about it.

Sorrow: Classes started. Woohoo...
Sort-of joy: I haven't had a terrible one yet. I'm more motivated than I usually am.
Joy: One of them is weight training. At long last I can stop being the ugly gangly flabby box I am.
Sorrow: I did one class and my thighs and rump have been aching since. Existence is pain.

Joy: The RP chat I've been moderating is doing well. We've been getting new members and have only had to ban one person.
Sorrow: I might be becoming a bit paranoid. There's a good bit of tension and ambiguity in our goal for the RP... at this point I'm worried some crazy stupid stuff will be allowed to fly because we failed to specify you couldn't do that.
like the world's worst phoenix, I am reborn
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy: I bought Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain like 2 or so days ago. I already have 26 hours played and 15 minutes ago I stopped after playing it for 12ish hours straight.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

@Buster sorry to hear that. My answer would still be no. Never broke anything. Worst was that i had an open wound down to my kneecap when i was younger and had an accident with my bike.

@Iron Panda yeah thats mostly that way when you visit something you didnt visit for a long time. Mostly when it was something you did as a child everything was nice and fancy and colorful and when you get older your sight on this changes.

@mitel Sorry to hear that with you and your ex :/ I know things like that really can hurt someone. The breakup with my ex girlfriend was nothing good as well.

@Deske: Uhhh i want to play that one too :3 But i dont have the money for it currently :(

Joy: Yesterday i drove around 340km to get myself a new washing machine. I bought it for 230€ when it originally costs 400€ new. The guy i bought it from bought it on the 30th of May.

Sorrow: I feel a bit sorry for him. He had an bike accident and lost his front teeth so he needs the money dearly to pay the costs for the dentist.

Joy: I will go go-kart racing tomorrow :3

More Joy: I will have a belated birthday and house warming party on Saturday. I moved in a Year ago on First of September but havent felt like my apartment was complete till now so i didn`t make one prior. It`s my first own apartment so i was missing a lot of stuff which i bought in the year till now and i now feel everything is like it should be.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well think of it this way, the money you are giving him WILL help him with the dental cost.
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: Our internet and/or computer's screwing up again. I'm not even sure what's the cause anymore. I've been having trouble browsing through the forums, yet things are okay when I go to other websites. Like... what's even going on anymore?
A little Joy: Well, since I can at least post now, I guess that means things are okay. For now, at least...
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I think it's both. There were several instances in the past when I could barely even stay logged on here without automatically being logged off when attempting to post something, and that's on a good day. Sometimes, the site just wouldn't load at all, or give the 500 error.

I guess the server's are way too far away from our locations, hence some distance lag? Though this is just a BB forum in the end, so I really don't know why this problem exists when I could easily browse Youtube. I do notice that the more unstable your internet connection is, the more likely you'll have problem coming to this forum. That's why I rarely open deviantart now, that place demands a lot of data transfer, and the page will not load at all if your internet connection is even slightly being unstable/slow.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: It's 9/11
ShadowLightning

A little Sorrow: My dad saw me going through the forums. When he asked what it was about, I told him we were just talking about random stuff and about the comic. From the tone of his voice, he sounded... mad. Like, he didn't trust me or something. Then again, I guess he was just concerned. Either way, I feel a bit bad with the way he was talking to me...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wow that really blows. I do hope that he will cool down later. Maybe he wasn't upset with you.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Confusion: Turns out Ray from Mighty No. 9 is a girl... :|
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Welcome to the world of people who completed the Original Metroid game SuperStar. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

ShadowLightning wrote:A little Sorrow: My dad saw me going through the forums. When he asked what it was about, I told him we were just talking about random stuff and about the comic. From the tone of his voice, he sounded... mad. Like, he didn't trust me or something. Then again, I guess he was just concerned. Either way, I feel a bit bad with the way he was talking to me...
What Amazee said. Maybe he had something else bothering him in his mind, and you just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Adults are funny creatures sometimes; it's best to just let him cool off for a day or two, and maybe be a bit more yielding towards him in the meantime. And don't open the forums when he's around :3

I hope this will not turn into another Zander case later...
SuperStar wrote:Confusion: Turns out Ray from Mighty No. 9 is a girl... :|
I find that kinda charming actually. The market is oversaturated with stereotypical characters, so Metroid-like twists would be welcome sometimes xD

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

It's just like... everything else in the game was so straight forward Megaman like, with Beck being Rock and Call being Roll. And then Ray is a shameless fusion of Bass and Zero... and turns out to be a girl...
It's not that it's a girl that leaves me not sure what to think, so much that the internet is going all like "Ah yes, a FEMALE rival character, yes, this is politically correct."