OOC: Radients Vineyard.

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: OOC: Radients Vineyard.

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sorted.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hey, just to make sure, are there any open slots left here?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

sure

your free to make a character and post

ALSO AS AN ANNOUNCMENT!

when going into the next day, storyline to the town will begin, however theres no need of rushing plz feel free to take time in this day.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Alright!
I actually have 2 characters. The first being Orange, from the first one, and the second being a new character ^^
Orange Sheet wrote:-Name: Orange the Otter
Color: #FF4000
-Species: Asian Short Clawed Otter
-Age: 21 pet years (assuming it has been years since Radient Gardens)
-Appearance: Orange is a rather fit lady with orange fur, dark from the bottom, growing lighter as it reaches her head. She has a more blondish belly, neck, and face. Her face is usually a fixed smile with pitch black eyes with some longish eyelashes. She also has a tuft of hair above her forehead as her hair style.
-Personality: Back in the day, Orange was a cheerful guy, passionate about the things she loved and was always caring towards people.
But as the years passed, she's become more like a caring mother, but her hyperactivity is pretty much gone. However, she's still happy as ever, and still loving seafood like back then.
-Magic Abilities: Orange has the ability to duplicate himself perfectly. After lots of practice, she can now make them sustain a few punches to the face before they disappear with a puff of smoke (Like naruto's shadow clone jutsu).
-Background: Orange was at first a male Asian short clawed otter raised in a zoo. Later, the zoo shut down, so he moved to Radient Gardens with the owner of the zoo to open up a botanical gardens habitat, complete with reptiles, amphibians, and birds. He had a few shenanigans (one of which had turned him into a her, and she just stuck with it), she fell in love...
Things were great until one day, Marcus was found collapsed on the ground. After a trip to the hospital, they found that Marcus had cancer, and he only had a few months to live. They moved to another house close to his family for the remaining months.
Then she moved in with another zookeeper named Dana Collins from the old zoo had offered to take Orange in and she kindly accepted the offer.
Now, Dana was offered the chance to run the Marcus Weslies Memorial Garden, as well as an expanded zoo named after Marcus in the new Radients Vineyard.
-Stats:
S: 6
P: 5
E: 10
C: 8
I: 5
A: 4
L: 4
Total Points: 42.
And here's the second character ^^
Vinny Sheet wrote:-Name: Vinny "Mad Dog" Collins
Color: 804000
-Species: Dog (Pudelpointer)
-Appearance: Vinny is a 4ft tall Pudelpointer with close, flat lying, hard rough brown fur. He's got blue eyes, a large black nose, and a scruffy tuft of hair on him. He also has some strong forearms and wide hips, as well as a truncated tail.
He wears a red collar with a simple round tag on him, as well as a pouch around his waist to hold some extra stuff on his persons.
-Personality: Normally Pudelpointers are calm and self-controlled, but Vinny is rather, uh... passionate about certain aspects.
" WHAT DO YA MEAN, "I THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE TALLER"! ISN'T A NORMAL SIZED GUY ENOUGH FOR YOU? "
He can be rather impulsive, but he's pretty great with kids, cats, dogs, and anything under the sun. And as great as he is with kids, he's just as popular with them, too.
He likes to keep watch over the zoo, so he'll accompany the night guard at the zoo at night when he has free time.
-Magic Abilities: Vinny is a master at puppet alchemy, being able to control empty marionettes using alchemic symbols like child splay, and has even bought a suit of armor to act as a larger puppet. He also knows the dark side to this magic that only few who've mastered the magic know about.
-Backstory: Vinny was a pup that lived around Orange’s last zoo who took the time to train in alchemy with Orange’s sensei for a few years. After every lesson, he would go visit his turtle friend, Tortamor, in one of the habitats and showed him what he had learned that day, and soon, that turtle had also learned alchemy.
After those years, Vinny foolishly decided to try a more advanced puppet spell with his friend, but it backfired, turning Tortamor into a living puppet. After finding out what happened, the sensei cast Vinny aside as a pupil and never looked at him again. But soon after being shunned by his master, Vinny was adopted by Dana Collins who now helps Vinny search for a way to change his friend back into a turtle.
-Other Notes: Vinny knows how to create puppets by hand, using wood logs and other things to create custom puppets for various tasks.
For example, he can use one puppet that stays at home with a cell phone to create text messages for different situations (like getting out of a horrible date night or an awkward situation) by touching a symbol in his wallet.
-Stats:
S: 7
P: 5
E: 5
C: 9
I: 7
A: 5
L: 4
Here's hoping they get accepted!

Edit: added an other note to Vinny's sheet to explain that the puppets can do a lot of things without being directly controlled by the dog.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

On the topic of languages, there is a reason why everything Rig says, that isn't English, is in Icelandic. Closest language to what his language would be.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

So, does Al's have the owner sitting in a back room, shouting "WHAT?" any time anyone tries to get his attention?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

no, because that was a joke about how slow AI used to be and it's much faster now :P (also, I knew there was someplace called Al's I was forgetting)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

while I was waiting, I had time to draw this:
Character sheets!
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotep the psychic

alright neon your accepted from what the post says and i understand vinny only does puppet control which is pretty cool
ImageImageImage
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hotep the psychic wrote:alright neon your accepted from what the post says and i understand vinny only does puppet control which is pretty cool
Yeah ^^ I'll have to explain how it works in the rp.
He does also have alchemy training, so if anyone wants to learn, he can teach them ^^

What time is it in game and where can I set up the zoo?

Edit: Also, does anyone else know where everyone is?
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Fox-guy and the ferrets are ordering pizza, and everyone else is at Rigs place for a party.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Legotron123 wrote:Fox-guy and the ferrets...
Well, now we know the name of the town band.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I guess I'll just have Orange and Vinny head to the pizza place for lunch until Hotep gets back to me on how to choose locations.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I feel like Holly holding onto Rig's paw would be some Shadow of the Colossus type stuff.

Oh dog my creativity is garbage right now. I can't write for beans.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
and now I'm singing that to the tune of "Steven and the Stevens" from Steven universe.

though the lyrics would likely be closer to "Steven and the Crystal Gems" because time travel :P
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Deske wrote:I feel like Holly holding onto Rig's paw would be some Shadow of the Colossus type stuff.

Do what I do. Take the first thing that pops into your head, and then snowball it until you've thought of enough ideas for a post. Though I have to go quite a while in order to go from "racist vampire lobsters" to "Noah making joke about drunk ship captain."
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
and now I'm singing that to the tune of "Steven and the Stevens" from Steven universe.

though the lyrics would likely be closer to "Steven and the Crystal Gems" because time travel :P
And one of their singles is a modified "Stronger Than You." "This is Fox-guy. And the ferrets. And we've traveled cross the world, cause our fans they love us. Just look at the letters sent to us. The three of us don't follow your rules. And you don't get to treat us like mules. Let's go, us three v you. Let's go, us against you."

I wish I could come up with a whole song, but I'm not that creative.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

I just watched that go down... Hehe, really creative, now I have an idea two ferrets are going to hate later. Though is Minnie not good enough to be in that great band thingy... Man I got to get more creative myself I just use the same phrase or words over and over again until I can find a new one.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Minnie's their manager
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Deske wrote:I feel like Holly holding onto Rig's paw would be some Shadow of the Colossus type stuff.

I don't know what Shadow of the Colossus is, sorry.

As to the creativity, any writing is better than none, and forcing yourself to start writing often gets the creative juices flowing, even if the first incarnation of the post is absolutely terrible. You can edit as much as you like as long as you get started.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:I don't know what Shadow of the Colossus is, sorry.
it's a game where you have to climb on giant creatures to kill them, and it's quite difficult to hold on while they're moving around.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ah, I see.

Well, remember, Holly is a rat and not a mouse so she's a decent size. She can stand on Rig's paw but if she was to lie across it then I think she could put her arms over the top of his fingers and have her knees be about level with the opposite edge of his paw. Brown rats have bodies up to 10 inches long in real life so they'd be the same in the Housepets world.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

For those that don't know, a catch pole is an aluminium pole with a cable running through it that forms a noose at one end. When the dog catcher pulls on the handle at the other end of the pole the noose is pulled tight so that the animal's head is caught. They're not usually pulled tight enough to choke although it is possible which is why training is needed to use them.

Here's a picture of a pole. The noose is on the right of the picture.

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Sheesh just wreck that poor man (He was just doing his job after all), couldn't be civil about it... Gonna hospitalize him at this rate, hehe...
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

right, because someone who's hardly ever been told 'no' or 'don't do that', is going to have sooooo much restraint...
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Buster wrote:right, because someone who's hardly ever been told 'no' or 'don't do that', is going to have sooooo much restraint...
Who are we talking about?

I mean, I didn't really plan on hospitalizing him or ruining his mind. Rig is scary when he's angry, I mean he's a fully grown wolf, but he's not permanent damage angry. That may or may not come at a later time. You guys are scary. :P

Also I like that. "This may come to haunt them in the future." Very foreshadowy?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i was referring to little sandy.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Totally overkill.
Then there's Kaylee in the corner all like:
"Hey, want a Jelly Baby?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Hello and welcome to comedy to tragedy theater, where we show you scenes of happiness devolve into a tragedy to come. Also, talk about wrong place wrong time for that poor man.

Then again we should have seen this coming. I shall now proceed to let Amanda have a full on breakdown. Yay~
Deske

Post by Deske »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Hello and welcome to comedy to tragedy theater, where we show you scenes of happiness devolve into a tragedy to come. Also, talk about wrong place wrong time for that poor man.

Then again we should have seen this coming. I shall now proceed to let Amanda have a full on breakdown. Yay~
And then everyone died. The end. No sequel.

Huzzah! I found my get out jail free card!
Rig is kind of a Viking, kind of. Which means have his "heritage" is pillaging villages and towns. He can be prone to acting on these. In case you haven't noticed, loss of memory doesn't mean loss of subtle stuff like how you were raised. The feast? Hearty beverages?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

you know i didn't actually notice what Noah did until just now... somehow missed that post.
Hotep the psychic

Ok so @neon, your little zoo will be in the country to the south of town where it would connect with your home.

id like all current active posters to post that they are active so that i can get a simple list of who and there characters

to start ill go as an example

Hotep the psychic: Horus-black fox-female
ImageImageImage
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Hotep the psychic: Horus-black fox-female
Buster: Sandy - Chinchilla - Female
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Buster wrote:right, because someone who's hardly ever been told 'no' or 'don't do that', is going to have sooooo much restraint...
Deske wrote:Huzzah! I found my get out jail free card!
Rig is kind of a Viking, kind of. Which means have his "heritage" is pillaging villages and towns. He can be prone to acting on these. In case you haven't noticed, loss of memory doesn't mean loss of subtle stuff like how you were raised. The feast? Hearty beverages?
So instead of being like, you just wrecked someone's life, you find an excuse, perfect, hehe... That's just too perfect... Your all going to destroy the town now with that excuse prepared...
Buster wrote:you know i didn't actually notice what Noah did until just now... somehow missed that post.
That guy needs his memory erased now, like that was the most intense thing the... Anyone would ever experience... Do him a favor and save yourselves in the process!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Ok so @neon, your little zoo will be in the country to the south of town where it would connect with your home.

id like all current active posters to post that they are active so that i can get a simple list of who and there characters

to start ill go as an example

Hotep the psychic: Horus-black fox-female
Sweet ^^

MrNeonShot: Orange and Vinny Collins

Also, has anyone else gotten the reference to Vinny's name?
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Hrgh you guys go fast!
Hotep the psychic wrote:id like all current active posters to post that they are active so that i can get a simple list of who and there characters
Civilization: Furettia - Ferret - Female
Civilization: Bianca - Ferret - Female
Hotep the psychic

MrNeonShot wrote: Also, has anyone else gotten the reference to Vinny's name?
i thought atlantis at first with vinny the demolitionist.
ImageImageImage
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Neon Icy Wings: Amanda Bellus - White with light grey Cat female

Reporting!
Last edited by Neon Icy Wings on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Vincent Phantomhive?
Vincent Corleone?
Vincent Vega?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Vincent "Mad Dog" Coll was a mobster back in the day.
I can't find the story I read about him that relates to Vinny, but it's somewhere :v
I think it said Vincent killed an opposing member of the mafia and got away clean and it infuriated the other mafia members because nobody wanted to testify against him.

The differences being Vinny accidentally turned his friend into a puppet, and the sensei was the only one angry with him for doing so.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Legotron123: Noah-Cat-Male, fights with Aura!