Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

ShadowLightning

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: Just realized I failed one of my courses in college, and now I have to retake it during the next term. Which sucks cause I took said course during the summer term, hoping I could catch up/get ahead of my required units. Oh well... :(

Joy(?): A close friend of mine is planning to get me something sometime near my birthday. I should be happy, buuuut... somehow I feel conflicted about it. :?
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: I had to switch my phone off, my dad's calling to push me to go for the exams, when it's not exactly possible. I don't wanna do it, but when you feel nauseated whenever the phone rings, you know something's wrong...

Minor sorrow: The ringgit is at its weakest atm. Like, RM3.93 to a single USD! There were some rumours that someone is manipulating the foreign exchange to weaken the country's economy. That aside, it's almost impossible for me to buy anything online now =w=

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
ShadowLightning

-hugs kurowolfe- If it makes ya feel any better, the Philippine peso ain't much better either. Currently, it's around P45 to 1 US dollar.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

But to my understanding, the ringgit is weaker against the peso as well. Which really annoys my brother who is saving for a trip there later this year. I think it's around P15 to RM1 as compared to P11 to RM1 last year =w=

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
ShadowLightning

What? That's so weird. I woulda thought it was the other way around since it costs more Php to make one US dollar compared to a ringgit. :?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

The Canadian dollar (CAD) is also down against the US dollar ($1 US = $1.31 CAD). Some analysts expect it could drop further.

I guess that's a joy for me, though, since I live in the US.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

1 EUR = 1.096 USD, okay it's better than earlier this year as it has been 1 EUR = 1.03 USD but it used to be 1 EUR = 1.30-1.40 USD. Buying stuff in USD became pretty expensive.
Well, it also has it's advantages, it's not too bad for the economy, exports are easier.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorrow: My bug has turned into a full-on respiratory infection. I'm on antibiotics now but my voice is gone again and everything is sore. Here's hoping the antibiotics help.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Pretty cool list of foreign exchanges. I guess the USD is getting stronger against everything else. I'm still not used to how weak the ringgit is though; earlier this year it's RM3.20 to a USD.

It would be great if you could generate some income in USD, since you get more for what you earn. Wish I was brave enough to try though, playing with money is risky business

Hlaoroo, did a doctor diagnose you with that? That's sad. Here's to hoping you'll feel better soon, and as soon as possible :3

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow: in serious danger of failing one of my summer classes. That's never happened to me I'm not sure how I'd deal with it.
Sorrow: forgot to do all my assignments for my other class this weekend so they'll all be late and I'll lose 25% on them.
Sorrow: I can't think of any ideas for a new script I'd like to have done by early September so I can have it to pitch to my capstone film making class.
Worry: I've had a couple panic attacks these past couple weeks. I'm starting to think I might have some sort of anxiety disorder, which is never good but especially worrying before I go into senior year.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

worry : I'm really worried right now , someone I really cared for is having to deal with a lot of things , and I can't be there for him , I can't help in any ways , and now I'm paranoid and fear for the worst . I pray that it will never come true and that it's all in my head .
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Seth, you might want to seek out a psychologist or therapist to either confirm or deny that. The earlier the better. For me, it was too late when I sought help, and it was then that I started scoring 0.00 GPAs year in and year out. I hated my life here, so it's obvious, but from what I can see, you're a great student. Try talking to your instructors and tell them about what's happening, and if there's anything you could do to make up for lost marks and such.

Serence, one very important credo that some Asians believe is that the power of spoken words. Whatever you say is like a prayer, and the more conviction you have in saying them, the more likely it will come true, hence the popular saying "a salty mouth." Keep praying that he'll be alright, believe that your presence there is helping, even in the smallest of ways. Talk to him, hear him out and help him. He, and by extension you, will get through it. That much is certain :3

ShadowLightning

Sorrow/Worry/Something Negative: I just heard from someone that this one person I'm really close to may have done some bad things in his past that he didn't tell me yet. I don't know... how to feel about this. I want to confront him about it and ask him, but I'm scared that maybe... he'll deny it every happened, and I won't know it. I'm scared he'll lie to me, someone who I felt really close to and considered one of my best friends. I... I don't know what to do... what SHOULD I do...?
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

@Shadow well thats up to you. No one can decide for you what you want to do.

Either you ask and get the answer you hope for, you get an answer but it might feel like a lie, you get no answer at all or you dont ask and wait if the person will tell you. The last one in this case might have the highest posibility to receive a honest statement.

This is up to you though. You have to decide for yourself if the things this person did could ruin your friendship and/or damage the trust you have in that person so you dont want to have contact with him/her anymore.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

kurowolfe wrote:Seth, you might want to seek out a psychologist or therapist to either confirm or deny that. The earlier the better. For me, it was too late when I sought help, and it was then that I started scoring 0.00 GPAs year in and year out. I hated my life here, so it's obvious, but from what I can see, you're a great student. Try talking to your instructors and tell them about what's happening, and if there's anything you could do to make up for lost marks and such.

Serence, one very important credo that some Asians believe is that the power of spoken words. Whatever you say is like a prayer, and the more conviction you have in saying them, the more likely it will come true, hence the popular saying "a salty mouth." Keep praying that he'll be alright, believe that your presence there is helping, even in the smallest of ways. Talk to him, hear him out and help him. He, and by extension you, will get through it. That much is certain :3
Thanks for the advice, I'm already in contact with the professor about my grades and I've explained my problems with the class, so there might be a possibility for a solution there.
As far as diagnosis goes I know I need to go in and see a professional and even have some recommended ones from my time in the student counselling center earlier this summer. I just need to mentally prep myself to let my parents know I'm seeking psychiatric help ( I'm on their insurance, no way to hide it) and find time to do so, which is going to be difficult.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Hope you feel better soon, Furr.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Hlaoroo wrote:Sorrow: My bug has turned into a full-on respiratory infection. I'm on antibiotics now but my voice is gone again and everything is sore. Here's hoping the antibiotics help.
Sorry to hear that! Hopefully they will put you on some sort of breathing treatment/inhaled medication for it. Get well soon.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

kurowolfe wrote:Hlaoroo, did a doctor diagnose you with that? That's sad. Here's to hoping you'll feel better soon, and as soon as possible :3
Yes. You can't get antibiotics here without a prescription. Well, most antibiotics anyway. I also got a doctor's note to say I'm sick so I'll take that in to the university today and hopefully that will cut me some slack on the test that I didn't do so well on yesterday.

Thanks for all the well-wishes guys!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

I'm sorry to hear that so many people are having tough times as of late. I hope things get better for all of you!
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I hope you feel better, Hlaoroo.

Joy: just joined Furaffinity. :D
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Joy: Boruto just came out. Ready to count how many times the main characters say "dattebayo".

Joy: NaruSaka shippers have been ruled anti-canonical! :P

Sorrow: Akippuden might not happen as Kishimoto seems to be losing his will to keep working on the series. :cry:
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

You gotta pity Kishimoto though. He had been weaving the expansive lore of Naruto for a long time, there would be a point where he'd be tired. Being a manga artist who has to follow strict deadlines or risk getting cancelled is pretty stressful =w=

Sorrow: I feel kinda under the weather, like I'm about to have a fever. Gonna rest for a bit

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Joy: I am president of a school club this coming semester!

JOy: I got the perfect job for me and am loving it.

JOY: I FINALLY got to see my online boyfriend after a year of net dating and he is the most wonderful and adorable dude I could ever imagine.

I am really feeling great lately. :D
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
ShadowLightning

That's great to hear, Copper! Hope that great feeling lasts long. :P

Sorrow/Annoyance: Our area's water system had an interruption yesterday afternoon, and it's SUPPOSED to come back earlier today. But didn't. It's 7 hours past the time it was supposed to come back already. My family, and a lot of others, are gonna run out of water at this rate if it doesn't come back. What's worse, it's scheduled to get interrupted again tomorrow night. And I'm not even sure if it will be back by then. Bleh... :cry:
A little Joy: Had a talk with that friend I was talking about earlier. We cleared up a few things, and are okay now. So... that's good. :)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

great to hear about you and your friend Shadow ^^
joy : window10 has a built in autocorrect
sorrow : window 10 has a built in autocorrect !!!!?!?! :lol:the fail is coming !
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

That's great news Copper :3

D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Hmm... I really don't know what to feel... Maybe I should start from the top.

Sorrow: Yesterday my anxiety went through the roof, my mind attacking itself with cruel remarks, my depression worsening as a result. Team Members at work kept asking what's wrong so I just said nothing and just kept them away. I spent most of the day after work sleeping, so that's fun.

Sorrow: Totally uninspired as of today. Just... nothing comes to mind when I try to do something creative.

Meh: Awake now with all that rest. Now I won't fall asleep at work.

Joy: Pleasant dreams last night. Brightened my mood a bit. Overall, still a bit out of it, but I'm gonna wait until near the end of the day to give a final verdict.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

sorry to hear that Death-Ops , I hope you will feel better today .
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I had a great time at Rocky Mountain Fur Con! Got to meet some cool people, though to my knowledge nobody from here. And spend the weekend with my mate!

Sorrow: It was not exactly very nice to my wallet. D: Time to be pretty frugal for several weeks now...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sleet wrote:Sorrow: It was not exactly very nice to my wallet. D: Time to be pretty frugal for several weeks now...
Well, what else are you going to spend your money on? Food? Who needs that stuff. :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sleet wrote:Sorrow: It was not exactly very nice to my wallet. D: Time to be pretty frugal for several weeks now...
the downside of conventions. It's why I work them and (lately) only go to conventions that are aquick drive away from somewhere I can stay for free (home, dorm, a friend's place). glad you had fun
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
ShadowLightning

Joy: Water's back and running! It's just for today, but I'm glad it's working again. :D
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Joy: I got the job! I will be making twice as much money as my other job. Its three nights a week, 12 hour shifts but it will be worth it!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

that's great news , congratulation Radio , and best of luck on your new job ^^
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Joy: Have been making Canapés and Petit Fours yesterday and today at the education institute I'm presently attending a course from the job center. That was for a meeting of politicians with the company's directors for signing some deal about a future education program. It was a lot of work, but also much fun. And it was a great success, they liked it.
Joy: The cake I made yesterday for us to eat today turned out looking very nice and was tasting great.
Joy: They didn't eat all the canapés! We could take the remains home -> I'll have a nice dinner today.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Joy: I am getting a 40 cent raise at work
Joy: I also will be working overnights and was told this right before the raise, which means that I should make a dollar more than I am now
Sorrow: I really don't want to work overnights but my work hasn't been giving me much choice and I need to take it if I want to move on with my life.
Sorrow #2: I have been having a health issue lately that can seriously effect my health and might be very hard to stop if it does start. (I just don't want to be specific since it could trigger something for someone else and that's not good). Plus some non stop headaches that are reaching migraine levels, and I don't know the cause of them.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I had a fun time on my vacation in Arizona with my grandparents
Sorrow: It feels like it went by too fast
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Congratz, Radio and Iron~ Though Iron, is there any preventive measures that you could take to stop the condition from starting?

Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Congratz Iron and Radio. Guess the next round of Icecream will be on you then. Eh Radio? ^^

Hope you enjoyed it Render. Looks quite good at least for the Petit Fours and the cake. The Canapés are not really my kind of food though ^^"
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

kurowolfe wrote:Congratz, Radio and Iron~ Though Iron, is there any preventive measures that you could take to stop the condition from starting?
There are possibly two things that can be done, one with the help of a doctor. I just need to find a doctor that I can afford to go to. Which is a problem right now too.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]