HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Mickey

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Mickey »

Retlaw and Yensid follow behind Kaylee and Amanda. The two walk in an uncharacteristic silence, unsure of what to say. Retlaw merely grabs Yensids paw and the two continue on behind everyone.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda grimaced at the mention of Vet, "You have my sympathies, though it's usually the anticipation that is the worst part, but I have yet to visit this towns vet, so I cannot make an accurate approximation of their quality." As they walked she gave a small smile, "If you have questions for me, by the way, do feel free to ask them, as it's not everyday I get to have a lengthy conversation with others. At least others outside of immediate family or family friends."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course," Kaylee said, thinking. "Um... are you from a family of powers or, like me, the first known ever to get them? I mean, I had to kind of leave home when I got mine." She gave Amanda something that was halfway between a grin and a grimace. "I got narked one night after getting sent to my room. Very upset, y'know?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda gave a sad frown towards Kaylee, "I am sorry to hear that. I come from a rather large family of sorcerers, so big the matriarch of the family had a mansion built to house and teach the family to learn their powers, also helped that my family is owned by a magical human family, not as long lasted as my own blood relations though." Her frown formed into a small smile, though it seemed tainted by a fouler emotion.

She shook her head before continuing, "The only constant ability in the family is telekinesis, most get secondary or even third abilities. Though the few in the family who only have telekinesis are incredibly adept at it, much more so than I." She scratched her head, wondering if she missed anything, "That's it really. I am once again sorry about your predicament, though I am happy to hear you have a roof over your head."

She sighed rubbing the ice sphere she still held, "I do not believe I could handle what you've been through, running away from home and living on my own. My strength would melt away long before I gained any sort of traction."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I traveled," Kaylee admitted, "causing a fair few squalls before I could pull them in." She kept walking fifteen paces behind Rig. "Lived on my luck for a while. Then it got better." She gave the lapel of the jacket a little tug. "Found this coat for one thing. Food's easier to come by when you can pay for it and this thing always seems to have cash and stuff." She passed over the coin she'd recently tossed. "Does that coin look normal to you?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda took the coin and turned it over gently, "The symbol of the pyramids could mean Egyptian or Mayan connections, the two tails could have some sort of nature meaning or an inscription to invoke a certain gods power. But, with the information that you get money from this, unless I misheard, this would be an alchemy relic, a sister object to the famous Philosopher's Stone, simply called an Alchemy Coin. Though, that's only if I heard correctly."

She gazed at the inscribed objects of the coin, her sight almost transfixed on the coin before shaking her head roughly and holding her paw with the coin out to Kaylee, almost reluctantly, "It is a very fascinating find, do take care of it, especially around other magical creatures. Alchemy is a tricky thing, I myself do not trust myself with such things... mainly paranoia surrounding myths of people forming obsessions over Alchemy and Alchemy related relics."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thanks." Kaylee slipped it back into the pocket, which hardly bulged with it as they kept Rig and Sandy in sight.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig lifted his nose to the sky and took a few deep breathes, eventually separating out the scents and narrowing it down to the cats, "Seems we are nearing our friend," He brings up his aura of calm once more in preparation for this meeting.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"...AndThenItStartedSprayingOutCakeFrosting. ItGotAllOver- Huh? DidYouSaySomething?" Sandy asked, pausing as she noticed Rig sniffing.
"I'mGuessingWe'reClose? Huh. IJustRealisedWeWentInAStraightLine. IWouldHaveThoughtHe'dGoAroundMoreCornersThanThat..."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Bianca turned to Horus, even though she was distracted by the others she still nodded, "Thank you." Bianca looked at Furettia, "There, now we have somewhere to go, can we get going?" Furettia looked around, "Yeah, sure." They both left the store to make their way down the street towards the minimall.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah's ears picked up the groups conversation and his heart rate sped up again. Oh, fudgesicles! They found me! Can't let them hurt me! He pulled a small amount of his Aura out of his body, and formed a swirling blue orb about the size of a beach ball that gave off a little "vvoomvvoomvvoom" sound. Stay back! He said as soon as one of them stepped in front of the inlet, his irrational fear evident on his face. One move that I think looks threatening, and this ball forms a intimate relationship with your faces. And I've got lots of other tricks too. You guys aren't gonna hurt me.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Retlaw pushes to the front, holding his paws out. He took slow steps forward, setting his brush down on the ground.

"Easy. You don't gotta hurt us, chap."

Retlaw unclipped his cloak, putting it on the ground to. Retlaw continued to step forward. He pulled his sketchbook from his bag and began to draw. He tossed the page in the air and put the book away as confetti began to fall.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda stopped moving, not wanting to provoke the frazzled cat. Her grip on her ice sphere tightened at the sight of the energy orb, and frost started to coat the ground around her, though the moment she saw this she forced her ice to stop forming, causing some strain on her body.

She didn't want to be the cause of another fight, but she kept her telekinesis at the ready, to throw anyone out of the way of any attack, yet despite all the preparation, as well as being surrounded by friendly pets, maybe even friends, she couldn't help but shiver in fear of what may come out of this altercation, 'Someone, anyone, just please defuse this situation before another flamethrower is summoned!' She thought, in a mixture of fear and anger.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensid put a hand on Amandas shoulder. He didn't care about the cold at the moment.

"It's ok, Ret knows what he's doing."

Yensid removed his paw and doubled over, hissing at the slight frost.
My characters!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig stepped forward, his aura of calm enveloping the cat in its bounds, "Actually we had no intention of hurting you and as intimidating as some of us may seem, I can promise you we aren't mean. In fact I'd like to extend some form of paw in friendship. I'm having a bit of a dinner party, a sort of friendly gathering and I'd like to invite you to it as well. Everyone else here has been invited and it seems like they're coming."
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

hypernovatic wrote:"So, you want to hang out? I don't have anything else to do really and I was wondering if we could catch up." Kamatari asked.
Horus nodded her tail wagging happily as she set down another small object onto the shelves "are you hungry? theres a good italian restaurant down the road" Horus offered
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee kept back and let the others take the lead as she glanced worriedly at the wind meter. 40. Some strong gusts but only around herself and Amanda. Nothing offensive. She took a breath as the other cat threatened them. 50. But the others were making calming noises. 35 and holding... She took a few steps forward and passed the bag of Jelly Babies to Rig. Hopefully he'd know what to do with them. She stayed close as she realized her winds had dropped to 15 close to the Wolf. Odd.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig took the bag from Kaylee, giving her a nod of thanks before turning back to the aura wielding cat before him, "Would you care for a jelly baby?" He looks back at Kaylee with a little bit of a questioning shrug, "Er, anyway, if you want you can come to the store with us and I'll find some groceries based on what you can eat?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Kama was about to say no when his stomach growled. "Yeah, I guess I am. And Italian is fine." he said, placing his hand on his belly and laughing a bit.
Last edited by hypernovatic on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Deske wrote:Rig took the bag from Kaylee, giving her a nod of thanks before turning back to the aura wielding cat before him, "Would you care for a jelly baby?" He looks back at Kaylee with a little bit of a questioning shrug, "Er, anyway, if you want you can come to the store with us and I'll find some groceries based on what you can eat?"
"Close enough," Kaylee said happily. She still wasn't looking at the other cat for fear of scaring him, and her winds had dropped to five. "We're safe. honestly."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Rigs magic did succeed in calming Noah down.... Before it quickly had the opposite effect. You, you're in my mind. Messing with my emotions. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! He thrust the sphere at Rig, which had less launching power than the shove from before, but more of a draining effect. He quickly turned towards the others and stuck his hands out, siphoning their Aura and making them tired. You, I won't let you hurt me. I just wanted to do some shopping, see if I could find anything I wanted. He started stammering from anxiety. B-but I messed up the long jump, I-I left a crater. Then you guys found it, a-and then you started trying to kill each other over a few misheard words, and that f-freaked me out. So then I tried to sneak away, but you n-noticed me, then mr. muscular over there startled me, so I launched him across the street and I... I didn't mean it. He stopped the draining effect and sat down, holding his knees in front of his head as he started crying. I just didn't want to get hurt. I didn't want for any of this to happen.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda's legs gave out due to the aura siphoning as did her control on her frost, which burst out in a small radius around her, giving way to a small snow flurry. As she practically collapsed, her ice sphere fell and rolled across the ground in Noah's general direction.

Panting, she decided to at least talk to the poor cat, if he would listen, "I... I won't deny... we were unreasonable. And if it... it is any condolence... I am eternally sorry for the condition... really my actions have placed you in." She started to feel her ice tears starting to form as she continued, "J-just as you n-never intended to start this, I-I didn't intend for s-such taxation on your mind." She turned her head downwards and hugged herself, unable to look at the cat due to guilt, I'm sorry..." She whispered before going silent, guilt filling her as the mornings events flashed in her mind, wondering exactly where she went wrong.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Retlaw fell to his knees, the draining power taking it's toll. But he rose to his staggering legs and hobbled over to the cat, kneeling next to him. He put his paw on his shoulder and smiled.

"We aren't....going...to hurt you."

And with that, Retlaw passed out. Yensid, despite his tiredness, rushed to the mouses side. He knelt next to Retlaw, picking him up and starting to cry.

"Retla-"

It was then that Yensid realized Retlaw was sleeping.
Last edited by Mickey on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

while the others were busy falling asleep or collapsing, Sandy was a little different. The drain did slow her down, but she runs at a higher speed than everyone else to start with, so it more 'normalized' her.

Which is why there's currently an airborne Chinchilla about three centimeters from slamming into a certain distracted cat, in what is best described as a 'projectile hug'.

(If successful)
"How did you do that connection thing? I've never felt that before, that was so cool! It was like you were right next to me, and i was getting everything like you were thinking about it all at once!"

(If failed)
"Ow... why did you move out of the way? I think I hit my knee..."

((Common sense/self preservation + Sandy = Error, Does not compute.))
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig stumbled back a bit, the force not enough to knock him off his feet this time and due to his forgotten history, the siphoning powers of the aura didn't seem to effect him as much as the others did. He stood back up and took a deep breath to steady himself, then walking over to the cat and sitting down next to him. With gentleness he wrapped an arm around the cat and pulled him close, guiding the cats head to his shoulder, "I am sorry for startling you earlier today. But honestly, between them it was a misunderstanding and look, they are no longer fighting. Now, please, stop crying. It will all be okay." He gently rubbed the cats arm.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kaylee felt a deal of strength go from her limbs and mind and fought not to panic. She hardly had the strength but, with the benefit of Rig nearby, she managed to control them as she fell backwards, making a whiff of air into a cushion for her head before it cracked onto the floor. She turned onto her hands and knees as Rig put his hand on the Cats shoulder and Sandy was incoming on the pair. She tried to send a cushioning wind for the Chinchilla but wasn't sure if she managed anything before passing out and falling forward again.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda looked up to see basically everyone trying to comfort the, probably, traumatized cat. Upon not seeing Kaylee amongst them she turned her head to see Kaylee passed out on the ground. Giving a small gasp, Amanda got up from her frost circle, shakily, and walked over to Kaylee before falling into a sitting position once more. While the others comforted Noah, she would make sure Kaylee was alright. Her guilt over the entire situation increased at the sight of Kaylee, the closest one to her calling a friend, unconscious on the ground, 'If only I handled the stupid misunderstanding with Retlaw and Yensid better!'

With a sigh she merely looked at Kaylee and said under her breath, "No matter if I am the cause of this misunderstanding, I will make it up to all of you... I promise."
Hotep the psychic

Hirus smiled leading kamatari out of the store and off to the restaurant
ImageImageImage
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig chuckled internally as the chinchilla latched onto the crying cat, before carefully peeling her off and setting her down on the ground, "Maybe we should give him a break before questioning," He gently pulled the cat to his feet, "Now, it's almost lunch time and I still have yet to reheat the food I have and to buy new items."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"So what have you been up to since we last talked?" Kamatari asked, walking beside Horus. He started subconsciously making a sand sphere as they walked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Both Bianca and Furettia were trying to make their way down the street, but due to their curiosity process was still slow. "I thought you wanted to hurry up?"
"Only if we run into anyone else." Furettia let out a little huff, "Oh, like you would want to talk to them anyways."
"I would if they wanted to."
"And that's why I want to hurry up."
They both stayed at their same pace though going down the street, just to look at everything they could.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah's crying slowed down as he leaned on Rigs shoulder, sniffling deeper. Th- And that's as far as he got before Sandy attached herself to his face. He took it surprisingly well, all things considered. Could you please detach yourself from my face. He said through a mouthful of fur, before Rig pulled her off. You might want to dry my tears out of your fur. I've heard with chinchillas that can cause mold.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Uuurgh," Kaylee said, lifting herself out of blackness. She was sure someone had complimented her on improving her skill but she didn't know the voice. Instead she looked up at Amanda. "Late nights catching up with me?" She tried a grin. It turned into a yawn. "I miss much?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda smiled, glad Kaylee was okay, "Not really, the cat is calming down and no one is really hurt." Her face turned to worry for a moment, "Y-you are okay, aren't you?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Good, good," Kaylee said, positioning herself so she was cross legged. "Being afraid's dangerous, just ask me." She checked her head with her hands. "I think I'm all here. Could have swore I heard someone saying I was improving before I woke up." She frowned, then shook her head. "Must've been a memory." She decided to watch the ongoing from her seated position.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hotep the psychic

hypernovatic wrote:"So what have you been up to since we last talked?" Kamatari asked, walking beside Horus. He started subconsciously making a sand sphere as they walked.
horus thought a moment "well after the move i set up the shop again to expand. im now a legal citizen and can do just as much as people can other than drive of course and then there was an incident with the intern.....thats why im a fox now. but other than that not much how about you?" Horus asked
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Oh, I've just been wandering around the area. I still don't have a place to live." Kama said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Legotron123 wrote:Noah's crying slowed down as he leaned on Rigs shoulder, sniffling deeper. Th- And that's as far as he got before Sandy attached herself to his face. He took it surprisingly well, all things considered. Could you please detach yourself from my face. He said through a mouthful of fur, before Rig pulled her off. You might want to dry my tears out of your fur. I've heard with chinchillas that can cause mold.
"What? OH! EW EW EWWWWWWW! BLOW DRYER! I NEED A BLOW DRYER! GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS!" ...And now she's running around like a crazed lunatic complaining about being soggy and generally being hysterical. From the fuss she's making you'd think she was panicking about someone dying or something.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Yensid had also fallen asleep, still holding Retlaw in a protective way. His ear twitched to the sound of screaming and he growled, pulling the now conjoined cloaks tighter around them. Retlaw snuggled closer to Yensid after he felt the rabbit stir, wrapping his arms around him.
My characters!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda chuckled, "You know what, my family has a saying when it comes to the mysterious: If you can't or don't know one hundred percent what it is, it's probably magic." Her expression wilted as she turned to Kaylee, "Hey... do you think that all this... was my fault?"

She continued quickly before Kaylee could answer, "It's just that I feel if I hadn't antagonized Yensid and Retlaw and tried to be more diplomatic like you, Yensid wouldn't have tried to attack me, scaring the energy siphoning cat, leading to Rig getting super shoved, hit with some kind of energy ball and all of us getting energy drained. I just feel... guilty." As she spoke her ears drooped, causing some snowflakes to fall from the movement.