Starcraft II

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Starcraft II

Post by Sleet »

My graphics card won't run it, as my laptop is a terrible gaming computer, the opposite of what I was told at the store. So now I need a new computer. Wonderful.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

Sleet wrote:My graphics card won't run it, as my laptop is a terrible gaming computer, the opposite of what I was told at the store. So now I need a new computer. Wonderful.
I guess returning it isn't an option? since its already opened and registered i think.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sleet wrote:My graphics card won't run it, as my laptop is a terrible gaming computer, the opposite of what I was told at the store. So now I need a new computer. Wonderful.
Like I said before, find out which brand your graphics card is, go on the website and see if theres an upgrade for it.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I tried it; it's official that it can't run it. I wouldn't consider replacing the whole thing if it weren't the only option I have left. I'll be able to play it eventually, at least.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sleet wrote:I tried it; it's official that it can't run it. I wouldn't consider replacing the whole thing if it weren't the only option I have left. I'll be able to play it eventually, at least.
How long have you had your current computer?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Two years. It was "future-proof" enough for this long, except for the graphics chip, an nVidia7150M. That, I'm only now finding out, wasn't even present-proof at the time. I never would have expected such a lopsided build from what was being described by a salesperson as a "gaming laptop." (Note: the person was almost certainly not just saying that to pressure a sale, as it was clear that it was my intention to by a laptop. The only question was which one.)
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sleet wrote:Two years. It was "future-proof" enough for this long, except for the graphics chip, an nVidia7150M. That, I'm only now finding out, wasn't even present-proof at the time. I never would have expected such a lopsided build from what was being described by a salesperson as a "gaming laptop." (Note: the person was almost certainly not just saying that to pressure a sale, as it was clear that it was my intention to by a laptop. The only question was which one.)
I'm actually surprised, normally it's recommended to get a new computer every 6-8 years.

Looks like you need a new graphics card then.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's an integrated graphics chip, so that's a no-go. My friend says he can build me a desktop that can play it for under 500 dollars. I might look into that.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sleet wrote:It's an integrated graphics chip, so that's a no-go. My friend says he can build me a desktop that can play it for under 500 dollars. I might look into that.
Sounds like a deal to me, take it, most good gaming computers I see nowadays are an upward $800.
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Sleet wrote:Two years. It was "future-proof" enough for this long, except for the graphics chip, an nVidia7150M. That, I'm only now finding out, wasn't even present-proof at the time. I never would have expected such a lopsided build from what was being described by a salesperson as a "gaming laptop." (Note: the person was almost certainly not just saying that to pressure a sale, as it was clear that it was my intention to by a laptop. The only question was which one.)
Wow. My computer is 8 years old and can play l4d2. Guess im lucky :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Alright, I ended up trading my laptop for another one, so I can now play the game. It's awesome!

I don't know how to add friends without RealIDs, but anyone who wants to be friends, let me know.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

I DO! Although, I play wow. But RealID works for ALL games! :3
Last edited by Tiggy on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

K, so I finally got everyhting installed and running on a comp that can actually handle the graphics...

ZOMGTHISGAMEISSOAWESOMEAAAAAAAH
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ah know, ain't it?

I'm playing the campaign and I was really sad to see that Diamondbacks are not in multiplayer. Those are awesome.
Tobee wrote:I DO! Although, I play wow. But RealID works for ALL games! :3

[email protected] DO EET
I don't like how in order to friend someone who plays another game you have to reveal your name.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

It's reached the point to where I start banging my head against the wall and ignoring this topic until I get the game...
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*plays this game alot* ...
*loves the zerg*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Even though i don't have the game yet i just can't keep away from this topic D:
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Typhon wrote:Even though i don't have the game yet i just can't keep away from this topic D:
Same here, it's an interesting game to discuss.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Dusty and my friend code is 967. I'm on the North American servers. I've been having too much fun with Roleplay maps xD
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sleet, 654. I give everyone permission to send me a friend request. No, I give everyone an order.
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

I just bought the game. Never played StarCraft in my life, and the last RTS I played was Command and Conquer: Red Alert back in like, 1996 or something. So I don't know what I'm doing. Whatever it is, I hope it'll be fun. :D
Rojo Ninja

Post by Rojo Ninja »

Oh god i want this game so much....

ImageImage
ImageImage