HPU: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: RGV: Radient Gardens Vineyard

Post by Deske »

Rig scratched his head at that, "Oh I understand now. Thy power stems from thine family's blood! Very nice. I gave up my sight for mine." He gestures to the eyepatch, "I try to remember where I was but it always ceases to reveal itself to me. I know bits and pieces, such as there was a man who was missing an eye like me," Unbeknownst to him, he had slipped into a more Nordic accent with his excitement, "and he had the same power as me but he was much more powerful, godlike even, even...-Even now, my own memories fail me." He brushed the thoughts from his mind, frowning slightly, "My apologies." He looked at the cat, replacing his frown with a smile, "They are fleeting, so it is exciting to remember so much. But, enough dwelling on that. Do you take issue in a little demonstration?" He watched the cat, hoping his abrupt topic change wouldn't be too jarring or off-putting.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda shook her head, bits of snow falling from the shaking, sparkling in the light, and smile still adorned on her face, "No, it's fine! And don't worry about losing track of your thoughts while you speak, it happens to me all of the time." She gave a slight sigh, "Especially when others of the clan visit father and I."

As quickly as she wilted she bounced back with her smile, "But, please! I'd love to see what you're capable of! As I've only ever met one powerful magic user, the mother, and no one in the clan specializes in runes anymore!"
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Nay, not of me, of you, perhaps we can share knowledge. You said Telekinesis. I have never laid mine eyes upon this form of magic. Or perhaps be it, I do not recognize it. But first," He mentally dropped the calming effects, saving his energy, "My apologies if the change in mood was abrupt, but it does continue a constant drain on my energy. Now, most of the runes can become stronger the more energy you put into them. Drawing their sign reduces energy usage but requires time and can be interrupted. Casting can be done 'on the fly.'" He smiled inwardly to himself, silently wondering if he had use that saying correctly this time. "Now, the one I used was called Jera, and it brings about feelings of peace. I regret not using it earlier. This one is called Algiz," He drew its sign in the air, directing it towards Amanda, covering her in a faint blue glow, "Now give me thy attention and do not recoil or be afraid." He reeled back and threw a fist at her, however when it connected, it was as if the force was simply negated and all that remained was the slightest shove, "It acts as a shield, so that you may never be felled in battle. But only powerful users can make it indestructible, which is why I cannot. Maybe one day. But enough of me, what of you. You seem to be one with the cold. Even your movements are dogged by crystals of ice."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda resisted the urge to flinch as he threw his punch only to be stopped by the blue glow. She grinned widely at the request to show her power, "Well, everyone in my family gets different affinities for power, though we're all born with telekinesis, it's said all of my family's power originates from the mother. And while I do respect her... it's a little weird she's still around as a painting..." She shook her head a bit of snow flying into her vision, "Oh, and my affinity can sometimes manifest when I feel strong emotions. If I actually focus though..."

She raised a paw, squinting and focusing hard as snow and ice began to form around her paw until a sphere of ice with a crude snowman in the middle floated in front of her. She smiled, letting out a large breath, "It's much easier to manipulate preexisting snow and ice, but making small thing from it is simple, if a bit tiring. And I've been meaning to practice my telekinesis. The biggest thing I've moved was only slightly larger than that dumpster from earlier." She pushed her paws forward, causing the makeshift snowglobe to float towards Rig.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Can I show you something," Kaylee asked Sandy. "What I can do with this power when I'm calm?". She looked around for a target and her eye alighted on an empty can between Amanda and her Dog friend. She grinned, made one hand into a 'pistol' and said 'bang.'

A bullet of wind whiffed through the gap at high speed and impacted the can, denting it almost in half and sending it flying. It landed on a thin swatch of ice and skidded away.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Buster wrote:"Uph... ow..." Sandy got to her feet, clutching her head. Her headache had diminished quite a bit, thanks to the others, but it was still there. when Retlaw decided to shout, she winced, pulling her ears down flat against her head with her paws. "Did one of dad's gadgets blow up again?" She asked, her voice slower and softer than usual, still seeming somewhat disoriented.
"I'm so sorry, Sandy," Kaylee explained, looking the Chinchilla in the eye. "I lose control when I get scared and a Rabbit fell apart, scaring me. I am so sorry. Can you forgive me?" She noticed the wind picking up papers at the end of the alley and decided to keep them there.
"Just a headache... It's okay..." she answers, still quieter than normal.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Can I show you something," Kaylee asked Sandy. "What I can do with this power when I'm calm?". She looked around for a target and her eye alighted on an empty can between Amanda and her Dog friend. She grinned, made one hand into a 'pistol' and said 'bang.'

A bullet of wind whiffed through the gap at high speed and impacted the can, denting it almost in half and sending it flying. It landed on a thin swatch of ice and skidded away.
Sandy watched intently at the display, though considering she was just thrown around by that same power, and is still in pain from the aftermath, It elicits more fear than wonder. A thought that starts bleeding through her powers to the others, as her control isn't exactly reliable at the moment due to her rapidly healing but still present head injury.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Just trying to show you I've got control over it, Sandy.". She put a hand to her head. "So you know I'd never try and hurt you, okay?". She hoped she was giving off honest feelings.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Wonderous! You have made a man of ice inside a small world of ice. You said you move things-..., He was cut off as the can which sat between him and Amanda suddenly crumpled in an accompanied gust of wind and skittered away. He looked at the two on the other side of the street, wondering which did that. "They seem friendly. I say we make for them and introduce ourselves. See it is my goal to be on at least non-combative terms with most people." He explains to Amanda, motioning for her to follow him.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Horus returned to a shop waving at samuel as she did
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

As the can crumpled Amanda jumped slightly, her telekinesis faltering on her ice sphere. She grabbed it with her paws so it wouldn't shatter and sighed in relief. As Rig motioned her to follow she nodded, following him, "While I'm still not sure about the smaller one, the cat, Kaylee seems nice. She didn't even attack Yensid and Retlaw when they... and I, were acting irrational."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Noah turned his head to see if the others were following him, and thus didn't see Katamari until he ran into him. Sorry! He said to the ferret, before turning into a small plot of land between two buildings. He sat down panting by a tree, as speeding himself up like that drained his Aura. He didn't see anything he was willing to siphon off of, so he just sat there, hoping the others wouldn't follow him.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

"There is naught wrong with being irrational in the heat of battle. Some are more used to it than others." He makes it over to Kaylee and Sandy, Amanda in tow, "Hi, I am Váfuðr, but you can call my Rig if you wish to." He gave them a smile.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think I will," Kaylee said slightly. "I can't pronounce the first name there, Rip." She stood, making sure Sandy was steady first. "I'm Kaylee. Or Kay. This is Sandy, who I accidentally hurt." She looked past to the Fox and his associate. "Are you going to introduce yourselves, people?" She offered Rip a Jelly Baby.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Rig, not Rip, though you were close. I feel you two have met," He gestures to Amanda, "Now I'm pretty sure I can ease what ails your friend." He draws the same sign he has used multiple times today, Laguz, and directs the flow of healing energy to Sandy. "So it seems you control the wind?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Mostly, Rig," Kaylee said, "but I could do with more mastery. Especially over fears. Then I lose a bit of control." She shook her head, allowing her icon to glint slightly in the light.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

He nodded his understanding, "Yeah, but it's what my collar says," He points to it, brushing some dust off of the runes on it, "Anyway, fears are easy to conquer, but it is difficult to force yourself to try to combat them.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda, still holding the ice sphere, adopted a thoughtful look, "Well, Kaylee, if you ever want any help you could always come over to my place. My father has many books on meditation and training books." She shuffled slightly, "I'd offer advice right now, but, I was never the best at meditation. Or training"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Sounds a good idea, Angela," Kaylee admitted. "Did anyone see who made the crater?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda quirked an eyebrow and muttered, "I'm not Angela..." She put a paw to her chin, making sure not to drop her ice sphere, "It's a good nickname though..."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig lifted an eyebrow Angela? This Kaylee girl is confusing... But brushing it away, he focused on where or who the cat was, "Well, there was a cat and he had magical abilities as well. I think they are called aura? He looks down the street in the way the cat ran after he had shoved in across the street and into a wall, "I think he went that way."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Sorry," Kaylee said, "busy five minutes, y'know?". She raised her voice to talk to Retlaw. " And ta for the fan thingy, mister Mouse! You two good?"

She realized she was still offering Rig a sweet.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig too realized that he was ignoring the offered sweets. He pulled one from the bag, squishing into it slightly with his claws, he looks up from it to Kaylee, "What is this?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's a Jelly baby," Kaylee said with amusement. "A squidgy sugar delicacy.". She popped an orange one in her mouth and put the bag away.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Just trying to show you I've got control over it, Sandy.". She put a hand to her head. "So you know I'd never try and hurt you, okay?". She hoped she was giving off honest feelings.
"Well, just try not to go 'Storm' againTooSoon. ThatHurt." She commented, finally getting her mental abilities under control.
Deske wrote:Retlaw and the chinchilla, easing their pain quickly. He would wait to see positive improvement before cutting it off.
Deske wrote:He draws the same sign he has used multiple times today, Laguz, and directs the flow of healing energy to Sandy.
The rune is a bit on the redundant side since you never turned off the last one. Which happens to be why Sandy's pretty much back to herself by now. Letting go of her ears and shaking her head a bit to get some of the dirt and dust off. She looks over at Rig. "OhSoThat'sWhyMyHeadacheWentAwaySoFast. That'sANeatPower. AlsoTheCatIsFarEnoughByThisPointThatAllICanGetAreGeneralFeelings, NoClearThoughts. GoodLuckFindingHim."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig simply shrugged, "No problem. I think I have a solution to finding our feline friend as well." He smiles, disconnecting the healing magic from Sandy now that she was better and instead replacing it with Thurisaz, increasing her telepathic abilities twofold with his current power output. "How about now? Can you tell where he is?"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Furettia and Bianca continued to mill about waiting or anybody, when a fox or dog, they couldn't tell just yet came into the store. "Should we just try asking her?" She gestured at Horus, Bianca was getting a little tired of waiting, "Sure." Both the ferrets made their way over to Horus, "Um, can you help us?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Buster wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Just trying to show you I've got control over it, Sandy.". She put a hand to her head. "So you know I'd never try and hurt you, okay?". She hoped she was giving off honest feelings.
"Well, just try not to go 'Storm' againTooSoon. ThatHurt." She commented, finally getting her mental abilities under control.
"I'll try not to," Kaylee replied with a slight smile. "What's mind reading like?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Samuel and Minnie just went into the shop after Horus, since Minnie needed to pick some stuff up anyway.
seeing the inside of the store, Samuel was overwhelmed again. "This shop is enormous. How does one find what they require?"
"You either ask someone or look around for a while," Minnie replied. "I'll be right back," she said as she left to get some potion supplies.
Samuel wandered toward Horus, not wanting to get lost in the store.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hotep the psychic

Horus's Tail wagged, "welcome back to the jade Dragon Emporium. If you need anything or not come ask." Horus said seeing the two new customers.

"Your samuel and minnie arent you? Minnie, potions are in isle 9 on the right. Ok? Im Horus nice t9 meet you " Horus said as she lay on the countertop next to the register
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Retlaw took a step back, running back to Yensid. The rabbit was putting his head back in place when Retlaw hugged him.

"Oof! Ret, I love you too, but you don't have to squeeze me so hard."

"M-Maybe we should just g-get what we n-need and go back home."

Yensid sighed, picking up the shaken mouse bridal style and carrying him back over to the group.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Whilst still waiting on Sandy to answer, Kaylee watched the approach of the pop-apart Rabbit. "Can we try shaking hands rather than shaking throats this time," she asked hopefully.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"As much as I would like to, Ret won't let go of me. Ugh, hold on."

Yensid is able to sketch out a blocking barricade, shielding view from the others. Yensid crosses his arms as he falls apart and recollects outside of Retlaws grasp. He makes the barricade explode into paper and blue sparkles before shaking Kaylees paw. He was tempted to let his hand stay while the rest of him backed up, but the last time he came apart, he was slammed into a brick wall by a wind gust. Yensid stepped back, all in one piece.

"Hey, did you notice that little fan I gave you? It will track the wind speeds and then tell you on this little screen."

Yensid had been holding Kaylees paw in his paws as he explained. He noticed the fan wasn't working and a light bulb literally appeared over his head. He zapped the fan with his lightning and it immediately began turning lightly due to the light winds.

"Pretty cool, huh?"
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's sweet," Kaylee said, "Better be no catch." She smiled genuinely. "Oh, if you don't want the wind, don't scare me by going all to pieces without warning, yeah?" She looked around. "Where were you headed?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Furettia looked at Bianca after Horus dealt with another customer, "What luck." Bianca shrugged, "Want to try again."
"You think we would just have better luck walking around given the attention we've received so far."
Bianca crossed her arms, "Oh no, I want to get this done as soon as possible, either get someone's attention or we can just look around some more, but I am not walking around town for no reason other than you trying to be friendly."
"You could've just said no." She smiled and made her way back over to Horus for a second time, "Excuse me."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hotep the psychic

Horus blinked un realizing the other customer. She looked at furrettia "oh im sorry how can i help u?" Horus asked kindly
ImageImageImage
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Deske wrote:Rig simply shrugged, "No problem. I think I have a solution to finding our feline friend as well." He smiles, disconnecting the healing magic from Sandy now that she was better and instead replacing it with Thurisaz, increasing her telepathic abilities twofold with his current power output. "How about now? Can you tell where he is?"
the thing about biology, is it's limits are there for a reason. Just like it's mechanical counterpart, doubling the radius of a scan doesn't suddenly mean the system it's connected to can handle the sudden and massive increase in incoming information.
"AGRHPTHPBTH!DON'TDOTHATNOWI'MHEARINGWAYTOOMANYPEOPLE.AARGH." Sandy nearly collapsed from the sudden influx of hundreds of voices, once again clutching her head. It took far to long, for her liking, to forcibly shut everything out. The noise was just too much.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'll try not to," Kaylee replied with a slight smile. "What's mind reading like?"
"Uh,Normal? ThatsLikeAskingWhat'sBreathingLikeIt'sAlwaysThere. It'sOnlyTurnedOffOnMeAFewTimesSoFarSinceForeverAgoSo, It'sMore... WhenIt'sNotThereIt'sQuiet, CreepyQuiet. LikeEverybodyJustStoppedBeingRealAndAreJustPictures. LikeImWatchingTVonlyEverything'sTV. YouRig Amanda Those two... You don't feel like you're really here..." She tried to explain, her words slowing down and trailing off near the end.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Horus's Tail wagged, "welcome back to the jade Dragon Emporium. If you need anything or not come ask." Horus said seeing the two new customers.

"Your samuel and minnie arent you? Minnie, potions are in isle 9 on the right. Ok? Im Horus nice t9 meet you " Horus said as she lay on the countertop next to the register
"thanks," Minnie said as she headed to aisle 9.
"Oh, it is a pleasure to meet you too," Samuel said.
Civilization wrote:Furettia looked at Bianca after Horus dealt with another customer, "What luck." Bianca shrugged, "Want to try again."
"You think we would just have better luck walking around given the attention we've received so far."
Bianca crossed her arms, "Oh no, I want to get this done as soon as possible, either get someone's attention or we can just look around some more, but I am not walking around town for no reason other than you trying to be friendly."
"You could've just said no." She smiled and made her way back over to Horus for a second time, "Excuse me."
Samuel couldn't help but stare at... what appeared to him to be some form of stoat or weasel.
"I have never before seen a domesticated stoat," he said quietly to himself, though likely loud enough for others to hear.
(OOC: had to use wikipedia to find the closest thing to a ferret Samuel may have seen)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda shivered at the thoughts that sprang to mind from Sandy's description, almost dropping her ice sphere. She usually liked shivers, but this was a bad kind of shiver. She looked at the chinchilla, and practically whispered, "That sounds horrific... I doubt I'd handle losing my powers well, but from what you say, yours turning off sounds like a horror movie. Or something from the Twilight Zone." She didn't know why, but she felt sad, almost feeling the formation of ice at her eyes. She wanted to help, but didn't know how to do so, or express it.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Rig flinched slightly at the reaction he got, immediately severing the connection. "My-... My most sincere apologies. I have never done that with a mind reader before. Usually it simply amplifies their power and draws the extras from me and not them. But when you have 20 people speaking to you at once and it suddenly sprouts into hundreds...I do apologize greatly." He scratched his head as he listened to the rest of her monologue. "I'm honestly surprised you can understand what goes on in my head in the first place. I have yet to meet anyone who can understand my native tongue let alone repeat it. But, when one is left alone in their own head, that's when you must enjoy the company of your own thoughts instead of those of others."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I could handle losing mine for a while some days," Kaylee muttered before brightening. "Hey Sandy, if you ever want a quiet time, you can always visit my mind. I rarely use it so it should be a bit quieter, eh?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie