HPU?: Apollo City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Mickey

Re: HPU?: Apollo City

Post by Mickey »

"Ah, pssh! You don't gotta buy something, my parents are cool with loitering as long as you're not causing any trouble."

James' beads rattled softly each turn of his head and body. He held a paw to them, silencing their small noises.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Hlaoroo wrote:"It's okay, Veil. No harm done. I do hope you're uninjured." Kelly, noticing Veil's discomfort, decides to talk to him, instructing Todd via the intellicomm system to answer James' invitation politely.
"Why not tell me a bit about yourself, Veil? I'd like to get to know you." she invites as her sensors work to determine the best levels of enthusiasm and correct kinds of questions to promote the optimal response from her friend.
"I'm fine, thank you." Veil was trying hard to not seem so, well, unsocial. "Uh, I'm a communications repair worker, or ferret, as I call myself." He let out a halfhearted chuckle. "Um, I don't really know what else to say about me." With the loss of thought he tried to continue his side of the conversation. "Er... I didn't get your name, did I?" It wasn't suppose to come out like that, but it did.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Anyone with a trained eye could have noticed James was lightly dancing by swaying and swinging every part of his body. Anyone with a trained ear could have heard the soft humming coming from his throat. He tapped his foot twice before he began walking again.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
valerio

Post by valerio »

And it was then that Jemmy used a ultrasonic click to gain the attention of his acquaintances withing earshot. "Your attention, please. I must inform you that we have reached our destination. Please prepare your identification codes. The Sanctuary awaits."
There was only one thing, though: Despite the admiration in the ani-droid genet's voice, what lay ahead, protected by an anti-micrometeor dome, didn't look like a 'wildlife sanctuary' at all.
It looked just like a bunch of administrative small buildings scattered in yet another maze of streets, handfuls of trees and gardens scattered to break the otherwise cold geometry of the place.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery's ears twitched as Jemmy let out his ultrasonic click and he rummaged around his collar pocket for his wallet. "Mmh, I just hope she's still out in the viewing area and she's not eating or napping or anything... and that she doesn't mind us stopping by..."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Roarin wrote:Avery's ears twitched as Jemmy let out his ultrasonic click and he rummaged around his collar pocket for his wallet. "Mmh, I just hope she's still out in the viewing area and she's not eating or napping or anything... and that she doesn't mind us stopping by..."
Jemmy put a paw over Avery shoulder to stop him. "Oh, sorry for not warning you beforehand: Although your hard-copy IDs are valid throughout Apollo City, we must pass through eye-scanning, so that identification is 100% safe for this sensitive structure. Do as I do." With that, he walked to the gate and leaned over in front of a small camera.
To any observer, it was just a brief, harmless blue flash, but in that moment a laser beam read a trove of information about the Anidroid, even things that were not recorded in the bar codes on the hard copies.
A green light lit up over the camera. Jemmy stepped aside. "Your turn."
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

James walked over next and repeated Jemmy's actions. He stepped aside when the green light flashed. He began subtly dancing and humming. He had looked up a song he had downloaded onto himself, turned it down so only he could hear, and couldn't help but dance a bit.

"This place looks cool. I hope my parents don't mind me coming here."
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly also repeats the process and receives a green light before stepping back to make room for Todd. The special effects droid places his eyes in front of the scanner and waits. The blue light flashes but this time there's a delay after the flash and then the light blinks red instead of green.
"Red light. Am I not permitted to enter? Perhaps they fear carcinogenic chemicals may be present in my fur as a result of the fire last night." The droid steps back from the scanner and awaits further instructions.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Kelly also repeats the process and receives a green light before stepping back to make room for Todd. The special effects droid places his eyes in front of the scanner and waits. The blue light flashes but this time there's a delay after the flash and then the light blinks red instead of green.
"Red light. Am I not permitted to enter? Perhaps they fear carcinogenic chemicals may be present in my fur as a result of the fire last night." The droid steps back from the scanner and awaits further instructions.
Jemmy nodded. "We will be waiting for the others to comply with the procedure. And yes, I would speculate that they are afraid of possible chemical traces in your fur, if a properly cleaning was not performed. Such information must have been transmitted to the Sanctuary Administration."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Veil looked as the light went red for Todd, it was his turn to step forward, "Eh, if you want I can wait out here with you until it gets sorted out." He looked at the others, "I don't feel like risking going in there whether I'm clear or not."
Last edited by Civilization on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank you for the offer, Veil. May I ask why you do not with to enter the sanctuary? I was just about to ask Jemmy if there is a decontamination unit on site that might clean me to the satisfaction of those in charge of our admission however if you wish to remain outside then I will be content to keep you company."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

"Oh. Decontamination is a standard protocol in such cases. The red light is meant as warning that such extra measure will be taken. For example, all weapons and offensive systems are to be turned off unless you belong to registered security."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Veil sighed, he could never make up his mind. He wanted to see Sanctuary, but didn't want to bother anyone, he would be happy to stay outside, but didn't want to ruin someone else's experience. "No, I'm fine, thanks." He walked up to the gate and did what he saw the others do, the light flashed green. "Guess that settles it, I'll go in with all you."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Avery took his own turn, hoping that his biometric eye and contact lens wouldn't throw off the machine. After placing his wallet back in his collar on Jemmy's instruction he walked up to scanner, leaning a bit forwards. After a few seconds a green light flashed and he sighed in relief.
"Seems I check out." He smiled back at the group.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
valerio

Post by valerio »

A sliding door opened. A line of red arrows lit up on the floor, the arrows leading to the nearest 'barrack'.
"That is the decontamination unit," Jemmy said. "It will take a moment and then we'll be ready for the visit. Follow me, please."
Already, a couple of tall humans in the green-and-blue Sanctuary Security uniforms were waiting by the building's door.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Veil looked at the others and slowly followed behind Jemmy, he seemed to know what he was doing so he would just follow his lead.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Jemmy stopped in front of the guards. "Greetings. We are here to visit the Sanctuary fauna. One of our group members needs a supplementary sterilizazion process. We will be waiting for him."
The guard motioned Kelly to step forward. "This will take a few minutes."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly obediently steps forward as the guard instructs. Todd follows her.
"Far be it from me to question organic logic, however as Kelly received a green light and I a red I was under the impression that I required additional decontamination whilst she would be free to enter. Was I erroneous in this assumption?" he queries politely, or at least, what he thinks is politely, not having the same level of interpersonal communications programming possessed by Kelly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Kelly obediently steps forward as the guard instructs. Todd follows her.
"Far be it from me to question organic logic, however as Kelly received a green light and I a red I was under the impression that I required additional decontamination whilst she would be free to enter. Was I erroneous in this assumption?" he queries politely, or at least, what he thinks is politely, not having the same level of interpersonal communications programming possessed by Kelly.
The guard nodded. "Yes. Nothing that a UV pulse and a good air brushing cannot put a remedy to." The guard led Kelly and Todd to the center of a cabin. "After the door closes, you will be required to strictly follow all instructions from the recorded voice. The others please use that time to listen to the rules for visitors. Please interface with Channel S-1 and download."
---
Ariyongar
"Please, Captain, stop looking at me like a was a bad boy. Or hatchling. You are not a stupid. You know you cannot possibly alert your people on your planet from here. You cannot go back to your world in time to assemble a whole evacuation fleet, or you would have done it already." He shrugged. "Let's face it: space vastity sucks. And this ship is not equipped to sustain an overload of refugees. Not with us aboard already, I mean. So, shall we go already? Or do we need to make...more room for us?" at his signal, one of the men pressed his weapon to the head of a Gorian.
Last edited by valerio on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

James looked after Jemmy and the other two. His synthetic fur went on end with confusion.

"Do we proceed behind them or...."
My characters!
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Oh, worry not: We are required to listen to the instructions for the visit, nothing too complicated, while our friend is being properly sanitized. Since we are a group, we are supposed to wait for him. Do you have a multimedia access, right?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"You mean the internet? I do, yes. Why do you ask?"

James was skating in circles, but had stopped when Jemmy asked him a question.
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Todd follows Kelly and the guard into the centre of the room, still puzzled as to why she requires decontamination despite the green light. Both ferrets inform the guards that the instructions are understood, however, and they begin downloading the aforementioned files.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

"Then open it and synthonize on the channel they indicated. You'll be downloaded a series of rules regarding the tour at the sanctuary. It will be fast."
It went as smoothly as promised. Their bodies were washed with flashes of UV light, and then both were doused with a fine layer of chemicals, which produced a thin film. At the same time, a recording, which a human would've found too fast to understand, explained the basic rules. -You can proceed around the Sanctuary as you wish. You are allowed to interact with the biological fauna. You are not allowed, under any circumstance, to cause harm to the fauna. Should the fauna pose a danger, security measures are ready to counteract said danger. You cannot under any circumstance give food or beverages to the fauna. This rule is not applicable during a level-1 emergency. You are allowed to give help to the fauna in case of 1st priority medical emergency. Foods and drinks are served through dispensers located in specific areas (a map showed a series of dots indicating all the facilities divided by symbols And it was a BIG map: the sanctuary was a cube 4 levels deep, each one as large as a football field). No interfacing with the administration systems allowed unless for entertainment purpose, referring to the terminals as indicated. Petting allowed. Thank you for visiting. We all care for our precious future!-
After a few seconds, powerful air jets both ruffled the ferrets' furs and removed the chemicals. A bell chimed to announce the end of the procedure while the doors opened.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Veil stood there quietly, listening to what Jemmy told James. Repeated the steps and listened to the recording for himself.
Last edited by Civilization on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

James watches as they exit, but don't follow them. He gets a text and immediately pulls out his phone. He began typing away at the little device.

"Oh, it's that tomorrow's special? Eee, looks a bit complicated. But I'm sure a chef with my abilities can pre....pare...it- WHAT?"

James ears laid back and his irises dilated. He gulped as he read over the recipe.
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Having been instructed to await further instructions, the two droids ignore the beep and do not move from their spot as they have not yet been told to move.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

The human motioned the droids to leave. "NOw you can go. Enjoy your tour."
Jemmy started walking toward a circular platform. "Is there anything the problem with that communication? I might be able to help" he said to James.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The two droids thank the humans and then rejoin their friends.
"So what happens now? Are we cleared to enter?" Kelly queries, running through the map in her RAM.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

"Most definitely so. You'll love this experience."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Veil stood there shifting his weight from side to side waiting for the others, "What are we going to go see first?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

"We'll be starting with the American fauna, level 1. Each level represent a Terran continent and is consequentially structured. But should any of you start with a specific continent, there is no obligation to make the tour sequential. What would you like to see first?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The droids thank the humans and then rejoin their friends. Upon hearing the question they look at each other, sharing a brief message via their intellicom devices.
"We have no preference." Kelly informs the group.
"Only, we are unsure as to whether the residents here would enjoy being ogled or if etiquette would demand us visiting Vi first."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

valerio wrote:The human motioned the droids to leave. "NOw you can go. Enjoy your tour."
Jemmy started walking toward a circular platform. "Is there anything the problem with that communication? I might be able to help" he said to James.
James, uncharacteristically, ignored Jemmy but soon came to his sense. He looked at him and nodded as he walked along his friends. He rubbed his arms and put his skates away.

"I'm fine, Jem. No need to worry."

You have no need to worry. I don't think I can prepare that dish. What if my family thinks I'm a failure? What if they scrap me?! They'll can just replace me with whatever robot they decide! I saw the plans dad had for those five other robots! What if their not my siblings like mom said? What if they gave me this dish just to test me? If I fail....NO! James, you are the big brother and family pet. You can cook better than any machine. You're basically organic. Just stay happy and positive and you'll be able to prepare any dish any day! Yeah, you're-where are we?

James brought out his skates and began to skate at a slow pace, looking around. He was still upset and afraid, but he wasn't about to show it! He cared about others happiness and not his own. He nudged Jemmy playfully, looking around still.
My characters!
valerio

Post by valerio »

"That is a reaonable option. We will be visiting Vi first, then, at level 1. Please stay still." A moment later, the platform rocked slightly, before descending into the floor,
During the descent, something happened: An image of Jemmy's head appeared in front of James' eyes! <Forgive me this interfacing, but I could not help noticing that you are under a certain duress, which is unusual considering that you are an ani-droid and should have your own safeguards against stress. What can I do to fix such malfunction?>
Anyone seeing Jemmy in that moment, would have just seen the genet anidroid speaking with the others as if nothing was happening.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Jemmy, it's not a malfunction. When my owners programmed me, they programmed me to be just like a real pet as much as they possibly could. They did give me safeguards against certain emotions, but sometimes those safeguards fail. It's happened before and I don't really care much when it does. It just makes all the more ready whenever it happens to someone else. Look, I'm fine! Just a bit nervous about the next dish I have to make! I'll be fine in a few.

The entire time James was talking to Jemmy, it had appeared as the jackal dancing with his eyes closed.
My characters!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Mickey wrote:Jemmy, it's not a malfunction. When my owners programmed me, they programmed me to be just like a real pet as much as they possibly could. They did give me safeguards against certain emotions, but sometimes those safeguards fail. It's happened before and I don't really care much when it does. It just makes all the more ready whenever it happens to someone else. Look, I'm fine! Just a bit nervous about the next dish I have to make! I'll be fine in a few.

The entire time James was talking to Jemmy, it had appeared as the jackal dancing with his eyes closed.
<Oh. Then you might be needing some tips to better perform with that dish. If it is in the database, I could send you all the necessary instructions and movements to download so that you can perform flawessly.>
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The two ferret-droid gaze around them as the platform descends, taking in the sights and sounds around them.
"This is not what I anticipated. Why does this place feel more like a prison than a sanctuary?" Todd comments.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Veil looked around with the other two ferret-droids, "It's man-made, that's why." He said it quietly to himself, but looked at Todd when he said it before continuing to look around from the platform.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

valerio wrote: <Oh. Then you might be needing some tips to better perform with that dish. If it is in the database, I could send you all the necessary instructions and movements to download so that you can perform flawessly.>
James chuckled for a second.

I'm fine, Jemmy. Thank you, but I'll do my best on my own. I appreciate you wanting to help, though. So this is my gift to you.

James opened his eyes and gave Jemmy a big hug.
My characters!