Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

Post by Hlaoroo »

No worries, Buster. Best of luck sorting it all out and if there's anything I can do to help or if you need to talk anything through then feel free to message me any time!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Not to worry, life kicks us all from time to time. Hope things settle back to normal soon for you.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I dunno if this is the right place for this, but I did pick a character from here.
Kelly Doyle from Apollo City
Kelly Doyle from Apollo City
kelly.jpg (46.8 KiB) Viewed 36135 times
I miss this place, but going in retrospect, RPing is a stressful affair for me. So still no return. Might draw some more though, and my apologies for the quality. I am without a scanner or a printer now. Bye *poofs*

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hi, Kuro!
Nice to hear from you again!
Thanks for the awesome picture! :) I love it! :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

yeah it's nice to hear from you again at least , feel free to drop by once in a while :)
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'll try whenever I can :3
Serenade Gla'cier from Applegate
Serenade Gla'cier from Applegate
serene.jpg (59.18 KiB) Viewed 36096 times

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hey that's pretty good , a little "round" , but pretty good :D
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Nice! Another great drawing, Kuro!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hlaoroo wrote:No worries, Buster. Best of luck sorting it all out and if there's anything I can do to help or if you need to talk anything through then feel free to message me any time!
Nah, it's mostly just transit issues too and from work not giving me as much time as i'd like.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Well, I'll be gone for about 67 hours if I did the math right, since I don't have internet or a computer/phone I will not be able to get on Sunday because my library is never open Sunday, and with Monday an American holiday I won't be able to get on then either.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Argent

Post by Argent »

I guess this is the new "Main OOC" thread? Here's Pitchpipe. She's a secondary character for Richardson Valley.

NAME: Pitchpipe (alias Minty)

Color: #808060

Type: Secondary

Race: White-tailed Jackrabbit, female

Age: 15-18 calendar years (not really sure, see backstory)

Neighborhood: Richardson Valley

Appearance: She's a little taller and rangier than most people would consider normal for a rabbit, but she doesn't have the classic outrageous gangliness of the better known southwestern jackrabbits... so she can pass as a big skinny domestic rabbit, and thinks of herself that way. She has an old leather backpack, wears a pink collar with a carrot tag reading "Minty", and carries a walking staff.

Backstory: Formerly owned by an amateur rabbit breeder, and erroneously registered as a domestic rabbit, she was abandoned several years ago as sterile after she failed to breed successfully. Her owner dropped her off near a known wild rabbit warren and drove off, but they didn't accept her (we don't need no more ugly dead weight mouths, hon, and beside you smell funny) so she's been alone ever since. That doesn't really seem to bother her as much as she expected (her species is solitary, so that's not surprising, except to her) but her domestic upbringing does bring her into town when she gets bored.

She's not literate beyond a few words she's learned by rote, like her name. This isn't due to any learning defect, it's just not something that was considered important for a breeding doe. She carries papers that are out of date, out of state, and inconsistent because her owner was sloppy to say the least: they have three different birth-dates and two different original owners, and of course don't match the name on her collar. But she still thinks they're good enough she can pass as a pet if need be.

She's named after the whistling sound she made in her sleep when she was a kit.

Strength: 7
Perception: 5
Endurance: 9
Charisma: 4
Intelligence: 6
Agility: 7
Luck: 4
Last edited by Argent on Fri May 29, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm going to a convention this weekend so I may not be able to get on much until sunday.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

have fun Brent , see ya when you get back :)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Going to family meet-up. Will be posting tonight (my time) if I find a wifi available and running.
We need clonation. Now.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

have fun vale....I hope :lol: . Kidding aside though . have fun :D
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I gave it some thought, and I think I'll give RP another shot, because I'm starting to miss writing English sentences that are not academically- or emotionally-related. Thing is, I've read my old character sheets, and.... I don't feel I can play as any of them anymore. So, I wanna make a new character, just one, and start from scratch.

So, are there any open HPUs at the moment? I wanna ask now, before Monday blues kicks in for me xD

valerio

Post by valerio »

kurowolfe wrote:I gave it some thought, and I think I'll give RP another shot, because I'm starting to miss writing English sentences that are not academically- or emotionally-related. Thing is, I've read my old character sheets, and.... I don't feel I can play as any of them anymore. So, I wanna make a new character, just one, and start from scratch.

So, are there any open HPUs at the moment? I wanna ask now, before Monday blues kicks in for me xD
You can join BPS with a temporary character so that you can pause/leave at your convenience
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welcome back, Kuro!
This post has a list of all the RPs as well as indicating which are still accepting players.
BPS, AG, EA, and RV are the HPU RPs that are still open. All of the SRPs bar Snow Tunnels are still open, and all of the non-HPU RPs are also still accepting players. :) You'll be more than welcome to join whichever one/s you wish. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Glad you decided to give this another try kuro :D , although a little sad on , I kinda like Grace , but ah well :P , you're back , and that's a much better news ^^
As for your question , the guys have summed it up nicely ^^ , however I fell like I should tell you that Terra Ridge is on hold again since Roarin appears to have real life business , so there's that too .
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Actually, I've already made a character. He's editable though. Hlaoroo said I could post here, so I will xD
EDIT: He joins Applegate. Yay?

Name: Mikan Kawabe

Colour:

Type: undecided

Species: Common Otter

Neighbourhood: undecided

Appearance: Fairly tall, and fairly built. Typical common otter fur pattern, with dark brown and milk chocolate colours. Dark brown eyes, almost to the point of looking black. Wears a white collared T-shirt to hide the large red scar downwards across his front. This means no collars or tags. Carries a bulky messenger sling bag containing a lot of lollipops, chocolate bars and bottled water. Usually seen sucking on a lollipop with the stick sticking out of the left of his muzzle.

Personality: He usually just takes it easy and goes with the flow of the situation, rarely disagreeing with whatever others say. Unless they wanted to do something bad, then he would take a step back. He also doesn’t have a lot to say, and tends to just do rather than discuss. This may cause others to see him as an aloof and stoic person. He likes helping others do whatever they want him to do, especially those that involves strength.

He has a habit of giving away lollipops or chocolate bars to everyone he hangs around with. The candies are home-made by his owners, and are restocked daily. He fears being in open waters, ironic considering his species. His favourite lollipop flavour is mandarin orange.

Other Notes: He is unusually strong for an otter because of the constant bag carrying. He was a rescued animal, and he could not readapt to life in the wilderness even when he had recovered from serious injury, hence he was adopted by his owners.

SPECIAL Stats:
Strength – 10
Perception – 7
Endurance – 7
Charisma – 3
Intelligence – 6
Agility – 4
Luck - 5

@Valerio - I'll have a read through BPS. No offense, but it's kinda like the Expert mode of RPing here :? I'll tell you if it's okay
Last edited by kurowolfe on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Oh no offense at all! I'll take it as a compliment in fact. Take your time. :D
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Hey roo I'm thinking in reposting Radient Gardens. Considering the me s been since its death it'll be reconstructed as Radients Courtyard.
If that's ok I'll work on posting the new town in the ooc thread
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Although we aren't allowing the creation of new HPU RPs, because this is a reboot and not a new RP, we'll let you give it a go. You'll need to follow the normal application process though so please send myself, Brent or Esper a proposal showing us what you intend for it and what changes you'll make and once we approve that you can start to gather interest in the main OOC. Once you've got an approved proposal and enough interest we'll let you start the RP.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

-waves a paw-
Hey guys, Roarin here. Undoubtably you will have noticed my month long absence and scattered posts before that, and I am here to apologize for them. Not that I haven't before and I feel that I have lost the trust of my fellow RPers (who for all intents would be in the right to do so) or at least lost trust in myself to be a reliable poster. Time management is mostly at the root of the problem, where homework and other things that I do take much longer than they should and is one of the things I have been working on vehemently over the past month or so.
RPing has always been one of my most favorite creative outlets and if you guys would have this wayward soul back (again), I'd love to continue RPing with this amazing community. I'll try to be as transparent as possible (or as transparent as you'd want me to be) with my schedule and such, work on actually reporting leaves of absence if ones do come up and participating more in the Out of Character section of the RPs.
Thanks! >w<
-bows-
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hi Roarin , glad to hear you're still doing OK , welcome back , and don't worry , I'm sure we understand , just try to let us know a bit when you're busy or something like that , since you know , me being a paranoid fox and all :P , but *ahem* anyway , yeah , welcome back ^^
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Welcome back, Roarin! It's good to hear(read in this case) that you're doing well. And don't be afraid to take your time. real life comes first after all.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hi Roarin! Welcome back! Thanks for getting back in touch with us! You'll have to wait next turn in 'Snow Tunnels' to post there again though.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Thanks guys! ^w^ I'll try my best to make up for skipping out this last month and will give you warning if I get busy again!
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welcome back, Roarin!

My turn to give everyone a heads-up. I have finals in a week and a half from now so for the next almost three weeks I'll be a little less active as I prepare for those. I'll definitely still be around though!

I want to apologise for my decrease in activity of late too. I've had a lot on my plate lately but I'm feeling like I'm in a better place and getting on top of things again so as soon as exams are done you'll have your favourite RP mod back again full-time. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

good luck with your finals Hlaoroo , and I'm glad to hear that things are beginning to go back to normal for you :)
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Good luck Mr. Quoll. I hope for the best
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

All the best with the exams Hlaoroo~

HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Hope things go well for you Hlaoroo.

Also, I've got work experience lined up for the next 8 weeks so I may not be online as much as I am now, I'll most likely post as frequently as I do now, but I thought it best to give a heads up anyway.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

good luck Hound :)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Have fun, Hound!

Thanks for the well-wishes, guys. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

69eist

Post by 69eist »

I'm taking a leave from the forums. I'm pulling out of the RPs until further notice. I got a lot of stuff to deal with at the moment.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

69eist wrote:I'm taking a leave from the forums. I'm pulling out of the RPs until further notice. I got a lot of stuff to deal with at the moment.
sorry to hear that you're having to deal with so many real life stuff Gg , hope you'll be OK soon
valerio

Post by valerio »

69eist wrote:I'm taking a leave from the forums. I'm pulling out of the RPs until further notice. I got a lot of stuff to deal with at the moment.
just take care. come back anytime!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

ANNOUNCEMENT
Sadly, Brent is leaving us as RP mod. :(
The good news is that he is now a global mod! :D
Go here to congratulate him!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Aw... I'm sad to see you go. Hope you can come back.
Hlaoroo wrote:Sadly, Brent is leaving us as RP mod. :(
Aw... More sad news... Well, will he still be RPing?
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.