HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: HPU - Richardson Valley

Post by Deske »

Yukon nodded, "Sounds good. Quite the walk, David and the others live across the street," He points to them walking across the street and into a house, "We can get to Richardson Road and then it's just a straight shot to your house." He folds the map back up and puts it back into his collar, walking in the direction of Richardson Road
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Rosal walked alongside Yukon, "You know, thanks for all of this. Taking me, a complete stranger, and greeting me with open arms, along with the others." He glanced over Yukon and half spoke to himself, "You know you wouldn't do bad in the more physical categories in the competitions.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Scum looked up as he sat down. "He was the big fella with teeth you saw." He glanced quickly to her. "But he's not that scary. I know what you mean about the bunny thing though. Met one once in one of those cities Humes gamble away their gree... money. She got people to hire her time as a lucky charm. The owner of one of the money-stealing places bought her and his money went up..." He pulled a face. "Eating frogs? Yeuch. Slimy."
"The weasel! Alright for you maybe, you're not a prey species. I seen one of the little ones about yea high," she paused, waving one hand just above the level of the bench to illustrate, "go after a full grown rabbit. An that weasel was big as a cat!"

Pitchpipe straightened up and ruffled the ragged coon between his ears.

"You guys are all right, you go after smaller prey, though I reckon I wouldn't leave you alone with kits. No offense intended, but you never know when instinct's gonna strike. Not that I'm ever gonna have any."

She let herself trail off into a sigh.

"Martin, eh? What did he want from you?"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Deske

Post by Deske »

"To be honest it's not exactly difficult to be friendly to people. It's pretty easy to tell who's going to be friendly in return and who's not." He listened to the world as they walked, his ears shifting about to pick up various sounds from various places, "Hah, y'really think so?" He looked himself over as they were walking, "Look at me, I don't think I'm exactly show quality."
Last edited by Deske on Thu May 28, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Rosal chuckled, "I've always had trouble determining friendliness myself." He shook his head, feeling an itch at the back of his mind that left as quickly as it came.

Moving on from the split second distraction he turned his attention back to Yukon, "Well, you know what they say, beholder and all that. Though they have been adding a lot more physical activities to the competitions lately, though the more 'prissy' of us competitors seem set to have them removed. 'Ruffians', they say. As if some of them haven't tried to jump me and others backstage."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Seeing Alpha's sign , Selene unknowingly blushed a bit as she tried to think whether or not she should accept the invitation . Looking back at her house , the lights were off , Alex hadn't come home , just like he said .
"well , erm......I mean , would it be OK ? What if your owners come ? " she asked
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"He won't be here for a few days, Selene," David said, almost sounding happy about it. "He's staying over in New York until I get things set up here. So there's not much in yet. A couple of mattresses, a chair or two..." He smiled gently at Alpha. "Some walls for shadow puppetry?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Scary isn't size," Scum said, patting her hand and hoping she wouldn't punch him for it. "just what you do with it." he gave her a small smile. "trust someone whose real name is Runt Jr. eh? An' what's that about kilts?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I don't think I'm a ruffian, maybe a troublemaker when I was younger, but that's different." He looked up to read the street signs, they were just passing Orange Grove Road, "Though I'm not exactly defenseless when it comes to fighting, moose and wolves don't exactly roll over and die for you," A nervous chuckle escapes him, "S-sorry, but you know what I mean."
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Yeh? I know what weasels do with it. You gotta look at things differently when you're a rabbit. Trust one who's been living alone for I don't wanna say how many years."

She sighed again as she played with the little coon's scraggly fur.

"Kits, not kilts. I'm what ya call sterile, hon, ah can't have any kits. That's why I'm livin' out here instead of back in th' bunny farm... though I can't really say it ain't worked out for th' best. I'm doin' pretty well... I do miss telly though."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"erm.....well I guess it's better to stay wit*ahem* to erm , I mean , I guess it's safer to stay with you guys , if it's OK with you" Selene said , smiling , yet at the same time , blushed quite a bit.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course," David said, gently guiding Selene inside. At least the home was carpeted and warm under footpads. "Would either of you like tea? I have some somewhere, I think. By the kettle."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Aww, I'm sorry sweetie," Scum said, actually meaning it and liking the feeling as she twirled his fur. His ear pricked up and he grinned a broken toothed smile. "I wonder if we could find an unoccupied human house with a tellyvision?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I make do. In a way I got a whole bunch of young-uns even if they ain't rabbits."

With that the motherly bunny pulls the little coon up against her soft fur in a hug.

"Anyhow, I stay outta other people's houses. You never know when they're gonna show up and I'm not as quick at the getaway as you carnivores. Rabbits just ain't natural burglars. Speaking of which..."

Pitchpipe proceeds to give Scum some well-meaning advice, like "If you see old folding mobies like this, they're fair game 'cos people usually have newer ones and they don't really need the old ones, but I can still shift 'em."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Mobies?" Scum asked, not fighting the hug. He knew that even a thin but strong Rabbit could probably do some solid damage if she wanted. But he didn't think she wanted to...
"I have to think of a new name. Scum's not really working."
"Enough people called me it so I..." He realized he was talking to himself again. "Shush, inner me." he looked at Pitchpipe. "Started doing that so I had someone to talk to but now he doesn't shut up. Um... When you say a whole bunch..?
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu May 28, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Alphabites looked around the room, then at the lighting and how it affected the room. With the mention of tea he realized he was a little thirsty, he messed with his board thinking it over, Yes, please He eventually was able to get himself to write.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Mobile phones. Like this. I'd show you how it works but it's been cancelled. I'll have to find a shop where they'll buy my phones to get it turned on. Probably a couple of shops, even humans will get suspicious of a cute little bunny if I try and move too many at once."

As she was talking she took his paw in hers and put the phone in it, still holding him against her as she flipped it open and gestured at the controls.

"It opens like this, see. Buttons to dial the number. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, star, zero, splat, answer, hangup. How about 'Scruff'? That's a better name, humans will like it, and it's shaped kind of like 'Scum' too. You talk in here, listen here, once it's set up you can talk anywhere in the world, to anyone who's got one of these, using electricity."

Sitting up, she fished around in her bag again and pulled out a charger.

"This plugs in to the wall and sucks up the electricity and feeds the phone. If you see one of these with the phone you wanna pick that up as well, 'cos they gotta get fed every day." She paused and thought. "A small bunch, let's say. Call 'em a pawful. It's like this, I can't stay in one town too long. Too crowded, I got used to being by myself and it suits me... I'm just an odd bunny all round. Some young folks don't know how to go about scavenging right, I give 'em a hand, help them unload their stuff. Feels like having kits, you know?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Rosal shrugged, "C'est la vie. There's a reason survival of the fittest is a phrase. Though it is a respectable way to live, I could never live that way. Just too rough a life it seems, unless one were to go through intense training for that lifestyle."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ooh, I seen them!" Scum grinned as he looked at the little thing. "Humans look crazy when they talk to themselves too!" He did his best to keep up with what she was saying but she was talking as fast as the Marten right now. "Scruff, eh? Hmm? An' I don't think you're odd." he gave her back the little hug she'd given him. "Reckon you'd be a great mom."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Since I'm a rabbit an you're a coon, how about 'aunt'?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Definitely more work than living in a city with everything a 5 minute walk away, but it's not the constant "roughing it" like the TV shows seem to say." He looked up at the sky, picking out the north star, "See that star? Not the brightest but it's right about....there." A finger points at it, hoping to direct Rosals gaze towards it, "That's a good indicator of North. But we didn't use it often because GPS is a thing. It's not too hard when you're raised that way, same as going to competitions is probably more confusing for me than it is for you."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Rosal nodded at the star, "I guess it's true, whether because we're raised one way or simply find a path we choose to follow. But, your knowledge is pretty all around handy, guiding by the stars and such. Technology can only last so long, stars are practically eternal from our standpoint."

He gestured to the stars around the north star and couldn't help but smile, "Looking at the stars is therapeutic, you know? Like got problems? Look, stars. Always there, ever shining, ever guiding when nothing else is there."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Sounds good to me, Auntie."
"Why do I think this is trouble?"
"Shut. Up! This any good?" He fished a small silver coin from his pouch. "Looked shiny so I filched it a month or so back."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Maybe...maybe." He glances in front of him, noting the house number, "It seems we're at your home. I hope you have a good night." Yukon gives Rosal a small one armed hug, "Have a good one." He stands back at the sidewalk waiting for Rosal to walk inside.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Rosal smiled and waved to Yukon as he walked up the walk to the front door, "You too Yukon."

As he turned to the door his smile became nervous, only to worsen as the door opened outward on its own, spilling light onto the walkway. He took a deep breath and stepped through the entryway. Though he couldn't see it, a figure stepped out of the rose bushes next to the door and entered behind Rosal, reaching for the door as they entered, "It is way past beauty sleep O clock young man!"

As the figure said that, Rosal turned and gave off a high pitched scream that was quickly muffled as the door slammed shut, as if the home was sound proofed slightly. The screaming quickly stopped, replaced with quiet laughter and then silence as the single light in the entryway went out.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Lemme see. What you got there is called a dime, an it's only silver on the outside. The middle's this dull brown metal, see the edge? If it was all silver it'd be worth something, but ... wait a second..."

Pitchpipe dug around in her backpack until she found a flashlight. Shaking it a couple of times got it working and the sudden flare of light blinded the two animals for a moment.

"Huh, you got a silver dime there, that's probably worth something!"
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Rav was only the first dog to stop him for some up-front admiration. Afew pets left their seats and followed behind, and another several from either side. All looking at him excitedly and wanting to greet him up close.

"Woah, hey! One at a time please!"

He sure knew how to attract a crowd.
The athletic Doberman answered Rav first, firmly shaking his paw back.
It took a second, but it seemed like something had dawned on Jag at that moment. A very big, toothy smile spread across his muzzle as he sniffed at the fluffy shepherd.

"Hey! I remember you!"

"You too, pal."

Jag said, looking straight at Blood, who was standing behind Rav with his arms crossed, and maintaining his baleful scowl of contempt.

Despite the small crowd, there was a silent and very real tension that sparked between the Doberman and blood-eyed GSD as their gazes met.

Blood stood out as the aggressor. The look he was giving Jag fell very short of a direct threat, in terms of canine body language. But Jag just kept smiling, as if he were blissfully ignorant as to why the big rough-looking GSD looked so irked at him.

Still the unspoken words manage to find their way between the two past challengers. One born of arrogance, and the other of hate.

Nobody knows but us. Right pal?

I'm watching you closely. Scumbag...

Jag continued walking, taking the crowd of pets along with him.
"Hey you can flatter me later. Let's go to the park! It's already dark, the show should be starting soon!"

Most of the owners staying behind seemed fine with it. Meanwhile Sara and Dust still appeared none the wiser as to what was going on. Just watching them and expecting Blood and Rav to join too.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Hotep sat at his spot glaring at jag as he went through 9ne side of the crowd. Upon seeing the doberman enter his row hoteps owner took advantage and asked a question. "so whats your place in this training school? Are you an instructor? Or just the teachers pet to use as examples." hoteps owner asked.

Ripcord looked at the doberman showing no admiration, Hotep however was growling in anger causing his owner to pull his ear as a sign to quiet down. The two GSD's looking at jag with no trust yet.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Lucky looks over at kayla, as the other pets start heading off, seeking more private areas to spend the rest of the nite..
Are you going to be heading home, or are you going to spend the night up here, watching the stars?

D-Singer wrote:Rav was only the first dog to stop him for some up-front admiration. Afew pets left their seats and followed behind, and another several from either side. All looking at him excitedly and wanting to greet him up close.
"Woah, hey! One at a time please!"

Sorry Sorry!! didn't mean to impede your greatness!
D-Singer wrote:He sure knew how to attract a crowd.
The athletic Doberman answered Rav first, firmly shaking his paw back.
It took a second, but it seemed like something had dawned on Jag at that moment. A very big, toothy smile spread across his muzzle as he sniffed at the fluffy shepherd.

"Hey! I remember you!"

Rav tilted his head off to the side..
We have?!? I can't believe i would have not remembered such a wonderful specimen of canine virtue!
Rav barks, with big anime-like eyes.
then looks on as the doberman locks eyes with Blood..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of course," David said, gently guiding Selene inside. At least the home was carpeted and warm under footpads. "Would either of you like tea? I have some somewhere, I think. By the kettle."
"yes a little tea wold be nice if you don't mind" Selene smiled , looking around David's home. Little did she know they were being watched from the window of her own home , by a pair of bright , red eyes , as the door closed behind her .
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

David led through to the main room. Largely bare, it contained a small pair of chairs, one of which David put up, and a Radio. He invited Selene and Alpha to take seats and started making the teas.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ooh," Scum said hopefully., twisting and putting his handpaws on Pitchpipe's leg so he could look at his shiny coin. "My luck was in and I didn't know it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yukon lifted an eyebrow as Rosal was pulled into the house, before chuckling at the quiet laughter. He stood there staring at the darkened front porch for a few seconds before turning about and beginning the long walk back to his house.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"You hold onto that, Scruff. Could be good luck."

The rabbit handed the coin back and waited until the coon had put it safely away. Then she patted her lap...

"Now you sit here and tell Auntie Pitchpipe all about that weasel. Do you see it often? Does it live around here?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Scum told his story. He told of how he'd only arrived there a bit earlier On a bus, or rather, under it as he didn't think the driver would let him on so he hid in the luggage. He told of how he'd eaten a few things in there on the long way from the huge human town he'd decided to leave and how he'd been running in the river for, uh, his health and had met Sixtoes shortly after. "He lives at the place they cage animals people LIKE to see in cages? The, uh, mo? No, that's what a cow says... Zoo!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Huh, I think he's feeding you a line, they don't let zoo animals out! Humans get all weird about that. You can see why they do, I mean, lions and bears would make two bites of you or me."
Last edited by Argent on Fri May 29, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'd rather not go home, so I'll stay here." Kayla replied, cuddling close to Lucky.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Alphabites looked at the chairs while erasing his board, but he decided to stand and look around at the walls some more. He used his board to reflect some light to each of the walls one at a time. He never liked using artificial light but he would try and make due, he decided to use the wall the chairs were facing and sat down behind them trying to think of something to draw.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

David finished making the tea and brought the steaming mugs back over to the others. "English Breakfast only, I'm afraid," he said whilst watching Alpha test the walls. He handed one of the mugs over to Selene and took one of the seats.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, I dunno, Auntie Pitchpipe," Scum said, still thinking of the name 'Scruff', "he said he works there. I hear we can do that. If... If we had owners, like?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

"You mean he's a pet of someone who works at the zoo? I bet they don't know he's running around outside! Fancy animal like that gotta be worth a lot, I wonder where in the world he came from... so I can stay away, imagine living in a place that has weasels that big! Oh yes, animals with owners get all kinds of special treatment wild animals don't, but they gotta do what their owners say. Now if you got a nice collar and papers you can pretend to be a pet and get the best of both worlds!"

Pitchpipe adjusted her nice new collar and tugged at the tag.

"I need to find out what this word is so I answer to the right name. It's not a shape I seen before."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The little Raccoon tried to draw upon the lessons Mom had given his siblings in the early days, when he was too sick to really attend the lessons. She'd taught them the alphabet so they could read the signs around them and learn the difference between things like 'Dance' and 'Danger'. "Umm..." he said, peering at the Carrot and making out the shapes. "Mun... no, Min....Minty," he said before remembering to lower his voice. I think it says Minty."
"Quiet."
"You be quiet, inner me," he hissed before giggling. "Telling myself to shut up?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

"You can read? That's a handy thing to know! Hardly anyone I know can, and I only learned a little. Minty, eh? I can be a Minty."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Mom taught us," Scum beamed, happy to help, "well, my brothers mostly. I was usually too sick."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie