Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Invisan

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Invisan »

@Deske well depends what you would like to do later. Even though i for myself never chose the military back in the days when we had a thing called alternative civilian service where you could either choose to go to the military or if it was granted work somewhere else like in a hospital or an alternate institution where you could help disabled or old people or something. Imho i wanted to help but the military in Germany is not really helping when your doing your military service. Alternative civilian service or military service in Germany was just for 9 month so you really didnt learn much in the military.

I have a serious problem with this drill sergeants kind of guys since im 6.66 Feet im not really willing to get shouted at by someone who is smaller then me ^^ I guess i couldnt take them serious i guess. But well i hate being screamed / shouted at anyway so i ruled that out.

If i had to go i guess i would rather join the navy or air force. Either as Pilot or something or if they wouldnt take me as pilot i would go for medical services so i could really help someone. You have to be able to see blood though.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Go join the marines Deske. Most marines in my opinion are very nice and hunky. <3
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Deske wrote:Sorrow: Why is choosing a branch of the military to dedicate an amount of my life too so difficult.
This isn't an easy choice. They all have their advantages and disadvantages depending on what you want to get out of joining them.

I'm looking at the military right now myself, the coast guard specifically. I chose the coast guard because they had a specific job I'd like to get that would teach me skills and give me experience in things I enjoy doing and would like to do the rest of my life. That and chances are very high I'd stay in the United States, which I'd honestly like to do.

I did talk to recruiters from several branches before making my decision though. Have you tried that yet? Recruiters are generally very willing to talk with you and see if that branch is right for you. Of course, they'll pretty much always have some bias toward their branch, but that's why you talk to different ones.

And whatever you do, DON'T rush into this choice. If you do, you may be stuck for 4 years doing something you don't like with no way out. Make sure that you've thought it through.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Serving in the military is a choice in the US, right? Like, there's no conscription?
I'm so very unfamiliar with the armed forces systems and branches around the world. It's all very interesting, though.

Joy: Glad that I'll never have to serve in the military myself; we don't have an army in my region.
Oh wait what am I saying I'm not even a guy of course its not obligatory that I serve.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Deep disgust: Today, one of the students referred to English as the "human language"!

For supposedly educated people, they are pretty ignorant and bigoted.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah hearing somebody say that would make me roll my eyes. We don't know WHAT the original language was and even if we did it doesn't matter since there are so many languages now.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

pretty sure that by the time language developed, humans were spread out enough that there wasn't even one unified language at any time. so there's never been a "human language"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Joy: I started biking again! I love the wind passing by me.
All your acorns are belong to us.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: We're putting my dog to sleep tomorrow. He's been part of my life since I was 7. :( I'm going to miss him so much.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Sleet wrote:Sorrow: We're putting my dog to sleep tomorrow. He's been part of my life since I was 7. :( I'm going to miss him so much.
I'm so sorrow for your lost Sleet :cry:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sleet wrote:Sorrow: We're putting my dog to sleep tomorrow. He's been part of my life since I was 7. :( I'm going to miss him so much.
*hugs*
sorry to hear that. I'm hear if you need anyone to talk to
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Deske

Post by Deske »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Deep disgust: Today, one of the students referred to English as the "human language"!

That's neither ignorant nor bigoted, maybe a bit misguided if I'm using that word correctly. Considering how many schools in non English countries teach it or require it, I'd wager its on its way. Though I suppose that's not necessarily the best excuse since a lot of American schools teach a multitude of other languages as well...

Sorry about your dog, sleet. I really hope you're holding up alright.

Anyways
Joy: So I beat Dark Souls today. That game is a nice rollercoaster of emotions, mainly rage and sadness, but happiness was there too.
Last edited by Deske on Fri May 08, 2015 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm sorry to hear that Sleet. :(
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Sorry to hear that Sleet. Maybe he will meet my cat in heaven which was put to sleep a few days ago.

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Condolences to all those who lately got the loss or are going to get the loss of their beloved pet friend. :(
Radio Blue Heart

I am terribly sorry for your loss, Sleet. It's never easy letting go.
Deske wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:Deep disgust: Today, one of the students referred to English as the "human language"!

That's neither ignorant nor bigoted, maybe a bit misguided if I'm using that word correctly. Considering how many schools in non English countries teach it or require it, I'd wager its on its way. Though I suppose that's not necessarily the best excuse since a lot of American schools teach a multitude of other languages as well...
They heavily implied that people who do not speak English as the first language, particularly people of color, where not human. Its ethnocentric anyway you look at it.
-Virgil
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

So many lost pet souls this year :(

Sleet, make the last moments the best ;_;
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Joy: I got a job within a week of applying. :D
Sorrow: I no longer have unlimited free time. :(
Joy: I won't starve. :P
Sorrow: The prospect of having a job still scares me. :?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Do you mean implied inhumanity based on calling it the Human Language or the entire rest of the speech they may or may not have said that I dint have access to? I'm basing it on someone calling the English language the Human Language and nothing else. Come to think of it how do you work that into a conversation?

Joy...?: I think I'm joining the marines.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Sorrow: I made a statue clay thing of Alphabites like I did with Meeko and Eon/Ion, and somehow he's disappeared and the teacher doesn't know where it could be, and given that it was in the back waiting to fired means that either someone broke him or took him. Man, I worked so hard on him too.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Deske wrote:Do you mean implied inhumanity based on calling it the Human Language or the entire rest of the speech they may or may not have said that I dint have access to? I'm basing it on someone calling the English language the Human Language and nothing else. Come to think of it how do you work that into a conversation?
I'm going to stop this conversation before it goes any further. We're kinda stepping out of the boundaries of the forum and it's time to go back in.

Anyway, I'm so sorry to hear that Sleet. Like Brent, I'm also around if you feel you just need to talk. It's sad, but always try to remember the good times you had, and not the times you'll never have.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I lost my job
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: I lost my job
Sorry to hear that Dayzee... Hope you can find a new one soon.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Oh. Sorry to hear that Dayzee that sucks :/ Hope you find a new nice job soon.

Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Yeah, condolences. Hope you find a new job with better pay, and that you enjoy even more!
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Ouch, hope you get re-employed soon Amazee!
All your acorns are belong to us.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm sorry, Dayzee. :( I hope you get a better one! Maybe you will. :3 Blessings out of misforune!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: I got to spend the whole day with my mom and had a really good time cooking Sunday Dinner with her. Happy Mother's Day Mama!
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Chin up Dayzee. It'll get better. :)

Supreme Ultimate Joy: I'M GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL. :o :arrow: :cry: :arrow: :D
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Congratulations, Shadowstar!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Congratulations, I still have one more year to go...
Joy: Found out that one of my school's librarians is 'sort of' a furry too, I'm no longer by myself here!
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Radio Blue Heart

Sorrow: The university is closed so I am out of the job for the next month. My car has developed a rather nasty oil leak and the retirement home that I usually work at on the side is scaling back its staff so they eliminated me too.

Joy: my rent for this month and the next is taken care of and I am eligible for unemployment insurance.

Its kind of ridiculous that I can get more money on the dole than I can working weekends at a long term care facility weekends. Oh, well. That's Boone for you.
-Virgil
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy/Sorrow: I have the first set of finals tomorrow. I only have to take one of them though as my 5th hour is weights class, my 6th is english and my 7th is online health which has already been taken care of.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

JOY: So much joy. I just got hired as a teaching assistant for an applied college algebra course for this coming fall! I'm really wanting to be a math professor down the road and this is really gonna help me achieve this goal. I'm super excited!!!
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Cm4F wrote:JOY: So much joy. I just got hired as a teaching assistant for an applied college algebra course for this coming fall! I'm really wanting to be a math professor down the road and this is really gonna help me achieve this goal. I'm super excited!!!
wow that is awesome , congratz Cm , and good luck :D
Deske

Post by Deske »

Dead: I came back from working out with others who are going to join the marines at the recruiters office. I need to run more, my body is nothing but tired.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Congrats, Cm4f!

Joy: My medical school application is almost done! I can't wait to be through with this.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: Finally have a script I'm excited about. Gonna get it done this week and start pre-production on my 4th short film
Sorrow: I meant to write it tonight but it's hard to find time while also working 40 hrs/week. I need to get better at forcing myself to write it while I'm still pumped.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Seth wrote:Joy: Finally have a script I'm excited about. Gonna get it done this week and start pre-production on my 4th short film
Sorrow: I meant to write it tonight but it's hard to find time while also working 40 hrs/week. I need to get better at forcing myself to write it while I'm still pumped.
good luck with your film making Seth :D
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

serence ice fox wrote:
Seth wrote:Joy: Finally have a script I'm excited about. Gonna get it done this week and start pre-production on my 4th short film
good luck with your film making Seth :D
Thanks, it'll be awful and I'll hate it, but I'll learn stuff :p
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz