What Instrument(s) Do You Play?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Jakkal

Re: What Instrument(s) Do You Play?

Post by Jakkal »

Piano and Keyboard. Quite experienced...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Alex wrote:
Agent Sandwich wrote:Then I guess we will stick with a drum machine. I have FL Studio 9 on my computer.

Alex, what was the name of the song you posted? Youtube is blocked in my region so I can't access it!
Thunderstruck by AC/DC. Although I'll understand if no-one wants that, not everyone is a metalhead, also, it's not easy to sing like Brian Johnson (Their singer for that album).
At least most people can play it on the guitar. At least the way it's done live. The studio method requires a much more deft right hand than I have.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Sasothehyena

Post by Sasothehyena »

uh trumpet, a lil bit of guitar, and piano
Derp Derp
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

??? i can swear we've got this topic elsewhere, but i'm lazy

I can sing (two octave range derp derp) and I am pretty fast at picking instruments up, but I'm just as fast at getting rusty again. I'm best at string instruments, but I can give a good blow of a brass.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Recorder, however I only know how to play "Mary had a little lamb". Does that count?
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Guitarist here. Do check me out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6UhWkHFLTw
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Okay, checked you out, you're really good!
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Ebly wrote:??? i can swear we've got this topic elsewhere, but i'm lazy.
Is [here], as can be seen in this forum's [thread index].

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

thrasherblades wrote:Guitarist here. Do check me out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6UhWkHFLTw
+ points for not taking your shirt off
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

From the username, I'd say my primary instrument is pretty obvious...

I'm a self-taught bassist, but I am currently having lessons. I've been playing for a year and a half, but know a few cool techniques now like slap. I also dabble with guitar (acoustic and electric), piano and a little drums.

Seriously, this music stuff is fun! Dunno why I didn't take it up earlier; I blame my crappy middle school music teacher... :x
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Lol dude we should start an online band or something lol.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

Onlythebassist wrote:From the username, I'd say my primary instrument is pretty obvious...

I'm a self-taught bassist, but I am currently having lessons. I've been playing for a year and a half, but know a few cool techniques now like slap. I also dabble with guitar (acoustic and electric), piano and a little drums.

Seriously, this music stuff is fun! Dunno why I didn't take it up earlier; I blame my crappy middle school music teacher... :x
I blame my parents. Piano never hit a note with me because i was always forced to go take lessons. No motivation on my part, something i fell music needs. Then when i want to play the guitar i have no time this summer. >.< sigh..
ZOMG A WAFFLE

Post by ZOMG A WAFFLE »

Drums. Specifically on a kit and soon-to-be marching bass in my school band. ;)
"When you eat crackers in the bed of life, it gets all... scratchy..."
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

thrasherblades wrote:Lol dude we should start an online band or something lol.
Good idea! The musicians in my area are either already in bands or not dedicated enough to be in one (lazy sons-a-bi...) The virtual band thing is pretty popular on YouTube at the minute, maybe we should grab a vocalist and a drummer and upload a few covers? Wait, it all depends on your answer to this next question... Rock or pop?!?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Rock for me. With the quantity of musicians here, we can make two bands.
Richarson Valley

Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

Battle of the Bands anyone?! :D
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Viola, handbells, and occasionally vocals but I suck, I can't get vibrato in my voice =S

I'd most like to learn drums, electric guitar and cello, but really I'd like to pick up any instruments
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Alex

Post by Alex »

Onlythebassist wrote:Battle of the Bands anyone?! :D
Heheheh, that would be awesome :D!

Also, I'd like to pick up drums, but I lack the money :\ Music is expensive, after all. Also, I do vocals, but I suck too much at it. Waaay too much!
Richarson Valley

Giant Enemy Crab

Post by Giant Enemy Crab »

I can currently play The Guitar, the Bass Guitar, the Drums, the Trombone, the Clarinet, and they Keyboard/Piano.
Alex wrote:Also, I'd like to pick up drums, but I lack the money :\ Music is expensive, after all.
Have any Music stores nearby? Like a Guitar Center or something? If you haven't already, you can try out drums there, see if you're any good at it; they don't tend to mind whenever I do. Also, if you want to save some money, you can start with an electric kit. Don't expect too much variety from it, though. :P
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Giant Enemy Crab wrote:I can currently play The Guitar, the Bass Guitar, the Drums, the Trombone, the Clarinet, and they Keyboard/Piano.
Alex wrote:Also, I'd like to pick up drums, but I lack the money :\ Music is expensive, after all.
Have any Music stores nearby? Like a Guitar Center or something? If you haven't already, you can try out drums there, see if you're any good at it; they don't tend to mind whenever I do. Also, if you want to save some money, you can start with an electric kit. Don't expect too much variety from it, though. :P
... I am so very tempted to segway this topic just to yell about attacking your weak point for massive damage. Regardless!

My cousin knows how to play drums, and has offered to teach me to play as well, though I am a little wary. ... Aside from the fact that she'd probably try to charge me money that I don't have for lessons, it's kinda disappointing to know how to do something, and not be able to actually do it, what with the drum set being at her house... Far far away. :(
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Eeveon

Post by Eeveon »

I play no instruments at the moment, but I want to get into guitar, though. I have an electric guitar, but have not been practicing it. I actually want an acoustic one first before I get into the electric guitar.

I used to take piano lessons when I lived in New Jersey, but had to stop because I was moving and we had to get rid of the piano. Now, because of the multiple bands I listen to, I want to get into playing: keyboard, guitar, and vocals (screaming and clean). Technically, you can't play vocals, either, but you know what I mean... :| Drums might be cool to learn, also.
Fan of: King, Fox, Miles, Peanut, Grape, Tarot, and Sasha! 8D
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

Sounding good, it's great to hear that you want to learn to play a whole range of instruments! But remember, whether it's reggae or death-metal, punk or R'n'B, bass will always be needed ;)

Shameless plug for my instrument aside :lol: , it's great to hear that you want to learn so many different disciplines! Just remember to stick in and stay dedicated and you'll be fine - I've heard many examples of people being hyped about playing guitar for a period of time, finally buying said guitar (& amp) and wanting to take up another instrument like drums instead. If you want my advice, take up an instrument that is different from most. Hell, play guitar if it takes your fancy! But around my area, guitarists are a dime a dozen. If you are a keyboardist or drummer however, the script is flipped and you should get a few offers to be in bands almost straight away!

Keep motivated, don't slack off and I'll expect to hear about your UK tour in the future!
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Trying to learn, how to play the harmonica.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Onlythebassist wrote:Sounding good, it's great to hear that you want to learn to play a whole range of instruments! But remember, whether it's reggae or death-metal, punk or R'n'B, bass will always be needed ;)

Shameless plug for my instrument aside :lol: , it's great to hear that you want to learn so many different disciplines! Just remember to stick in and stay dedicated and you'll be fine - I've heard many examples of people being hyped about playing guitar for a period of time, finally buying said guitar (& amp) and wanting to take up another instrument like drums instead. If you want my advice, take up an instrument that is different from most. ****, play guitar if it takes your fancy! But around my area, guitarists are a dime a dozen. If you are a keyboardist or drummer however, the script is flipped and you should get a few offers to be in bands almost straight away!

Keep motivated, don't slack off and I'll expect to hear about your UK tour in the future!
Can you send me some of your guitarists? I've been in two bands that have pretty much failed due to lack of guitar ability.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Violin. For a good long while.

I wish I could play other instruments, though. Sometime I'll need to practice others.

Drums and Guitar would be ones I'd want to learn.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Alex

Post by Alex »

Buckdida wrote:Violin. For a good long while.

I wish I could play other instruments, though. Sometime I'll need to practice others.

Drums and Guitar would be ones I'd want to learn.
But I thought you tried learning guitar once, and learned how to play Hey Joe by Jimi (God) Hendrix, and then gave it up. I never got to ask you why you gave it up, though. So... why :) ?
Richarson Valley

Giant Enemy Crab

Post by Giant Enemy Crab »

Vadiant wrote: ... I am so very tempted to segway this topic just to yell about attacking your weak point for massive damage.
Why is it that everyone seems to want to do that...?

With starting my second year in college, I've been faced with the option of learning a new instrument, or getting better at the drums. I can either learn sousaphone (tuba) or Baritone Saxophone. Any suggestions?
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I'm learning how to play guitar.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Bass, piano, and I used to play violin and trumpet.

I'm pretty sure this is a duplicate thread, but oh well.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Alex

Post by Alex »

Dubiousity wrote:I'm learning how to play guitar.
Good luck with that :)

Also, if you haven't already, I strongly suggest getting an instructor. Forget about online lessons, an instructor will teach you twice as fast and much better than any online lesson.
Richarson Valley

sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

ai can play de drums, ocarina, recorder, piano, a little bit of guitar, aaaaannnndddd yah that's about it ^_^
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

Sleet wrote:
Onlythebassist wrote:Sounding good, it's great to hear that you want to learn to play a whole range of instruments! But remember, whether it's reggae or death-metal, punk or R'n'B, bass will always be needed ;)

Shameless plug for my instrument aside :lol: , it's great to hear that you want to learn so many different disciplines! Just remember to stick in and stay dedicated and you'll be fine - I've heard many examples of people being hyped about playing guitar for a period of time, finally buying said guitar (& amp) and wanting to take up another instrument like drums instead. If you want my advice, take up an instrument that is different from most. ****, play guitar if it takes your fancy! But around my area, guitarists are a dime a dozen. If you are a keyboardist or drummer however, the script is flipped and you should get a few offers to be in bands almost straight away!

Can you send me some of your guitarists? I've been in two bands that have pretty much failed due to lack of guitar ability.
Sure thing (if you send me a decent drummer in the mail) :lol:
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I'm teaching myself guitar. I know how to read/play the scales! I'm not good at playing, but it's a start.

I also took choir for three years. I had no say in it, it was middle school >_> (I'm "tone deaf to the sound of my own voice, and always sing flat.") But at least I know how to read sheet music and understand the notes and whatnot. (Also helps with my self-teaching guitar lessons.)
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
joeymyhero

Post by joeymyhero »

I play guitar, bass, keyboard, and an attempt of singing (if that counts)
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

I can play the keyboard.

The quality of music depends on what tone of voice you read my posts in.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

Very good but can you play the keytar?

That's not me btw, just some dude from the Internetz
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I wish I could. I wish I could.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Is there any software that lets you mix keyboard sounds with vocals?
Ryuji

Post by Ryuji »

I play Guitar Hero :P
Just kidding, I play piano, keyboard, guitar (not too much, like, 2 songs?), and flute.
Medli

Post by Medli »

I own a keyboard but due to lacking notes and talent, I only can do the simplest melodies.
<+Vaddie> ... WHY AM I A GIRL ON FIRE WEARING 30 PAIRS OF PANTS ALL OF A SUDDEN
* +SickDynar is like the fountain of youth, except with drool instead of youth.
Aah, I LOVE quotes :3