SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

hypernovatic

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by hypernovatic »

"Sure, sounds like a plan." Kiara said, heading in the direction Keeva pointed.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Branden opened his mouth to laugh, but thought better of it. "Interesting. Very interesting indeed. Oh! And about the squad, it's comprised of people Ash barely even knows. This is going to be fun."
Ash ignored the remark and turned her back to her former colleague. "That would be nice, chief." She said weakly, straightening herself in her chair.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado picked up the food he had ordered and sat down at a table to go through his mail. He smiled widely as he can across one, the sender marked "Wolf". He opened it up and began reading it. It was mostly just a response to the first day and the pictures he had sent from his short spacewalk. But nonetheless it was good to here back. He took a bite of his sandwich and set it down, writing back a reply to include the fights that had occurred later yesterday.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp tapped a few buttons and nithing came up. He tutted and tried again. This time the picture of a desert outpost, comprising huts, outbuildings and a twin water towr, appeared on the screen. He set up a signal jammer in case of being bugged. "This is the target," he said, "From the girl's description and tracing her path through the Sherrif's station this is where she was being held." He paused for a second. "The camp's far too large for just one prisoner. I've done a passive search on that places history through the internet encyclopedia sites. It was supposed to be a mineral mine but getting the equipment there would cost too much. So they mothballed it. INSIGNIA won't even bother with machinery if they can get slave labour to do the job for them. We face three possibilities. One," he said, "they've evacuated the camp and there's nothing there or it might be the wrong place. Two. They don't know she's with us and it really was a prison for one or two. There could be information there. Three," he continued, his voice getting darker, "it's still an operational slave mine. In that case we need to rescue as many as we can whilst dealing the enemy a blow."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Barry arrived just as Captain Davidstow finished. quietly taking a seat with the rest of the task force. He would need to be caught up to speed later, but since none were speaking he began to address Mayotte. "That was an interesting interrogation chief, I am sure my report will be interesting, though I don't think I would trust anything he said. He just gushed out any info very readily. Something isn't right about that."
"So, you don't trust him?" Questioned Mayotte.
"I don't think I ever will."
Mayotte leaned back in his chair, no coffee arrived, which he tried to not show his displeasure in the lack of coffee. "Well you won't have to worry about him for a while. You will be on the captains shiny new task force. With Serge leading, there is also Branden, who you haven't met yet. So say hello or something, and your newest pal Jasmine, there is another but they have yet to be chosen".
While still leaning in his chair, he gave Serge a glace "They will BE chosen soon however. I don't want to have to fuss over and babysit this group to much. So work together and make up your minds fast."
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp watched the scene playing out in front of him and thought it good. He'd been right to advance Mayotte temporarily to see if he could organize as well as... well, as well as Corp would have. For now he nodded. "Take the discussion to the Security Office," he declared as he stood up. "If you want me I'll..." he paused, swallowed and sighed before waving an arm, "...I'll be on the... bridge." So he headed out to give the bridge crew their orders.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeva finally managed to locate the canteen and hoped they'd put some credit on her account as she headed up to the server. "What's a... corn grit?" She asked Kiara as she looked at the menu.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva finally managed to locate the canteen and hoped they'd put some credit on her account as she headed up to the server. "What's a... corn grit?" She asked Kiara as she looked at the menu.
"It's sweetcorn in a broth stew, It's quite the gritty taste, hence the name.." Said a voice behind them, one that both of them should recognize..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeva smiledand turned. "Heya, Dan!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

"Hey Keeva, and hello to you, Kiara.." Dan says in the most gentlemanly way. "Oh, that reminds me.. Since we didn't see da-*cough* Ensign Lionheart yesterday, I've told him about you, and he'd like to meet you sometime today, as you are being added to the maintenance crew.." He adds, holding up a paw-digit. "He'll be in his office all day, so you can go whenever.. Definitely after breakfast! I'm gonna have that beef stew right there.."
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Always, uh, up to meeting your parent," Keeva said before shaking her head. "You might meet mine one day..." She chose Mac & Cheese and waffles with syrup and followed Dan.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Dan sat at a table with his stew, and gestured for Keeva to sit by him. "Yeah.. I meant Kiara, by the way.." Dan said, holding his spoon to the aforementioned cat. "You've already met him, of course, and I think he likes you. Well, I think at the least he trusts my judgement.."
Character Reference
Deske

Post by Deske »

When he finished writing the reply he picked up his tray, scooped the last of the pancakes into his mouth and tossed it into the cleaning bin. He looked about at the food court unsure of what to do during his down time.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

"Security office? Neat. Haven't been in there before. Imma check it out." The canine trotted out of the room before anyone could object.
Ash looked distant. "Surely..."
Her face lit up. "Mister Mayotte, I do believe coming across the old dossier of one of your previous subordinates. I saw it while sifting through some criminal records, for some reason it was mixed up in there. Don't know if he still works under your command...what was his name? Samuel...something. You should know the guy. Anyways, he just popped into my mind, and honestly, looking at his records, I can see him being part of the team. And if he's anything like you, he should be able to contain that monster of a soldier we just recruited. Your thoughts?" Ash asked, looking much better now that Branden had left.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Okay. I'm fine with that." Kiara said, taking a bite of the Mac and cheese she had gotten.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp stepped onto the bridge and heard the words that made him wince. "Captain on the bridge," someone said and the officers stood to attention as he made his way to his chair. "At ease," Corp said, "and never do that again." He sat in the chair and looked uncomfortable with no real effort. "Thing's like a plush marshmallow," he complained before turning to Grainger. "Do the work," he said, "take us out. Put us on a course for Varos for 30 minutes then put us on a course to these co-ordinates." He showed Grainger the details. "Get us there as soon as you can." He sat back as the Feline started barking commands. Then he flipped open the command manual he'd downloaded last night and moved to the section on combat commands as the ship began clearance procedures.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"So what are we repairing today, Cap'n Dan," Keeva asked with a grin shortly before Corp's voice came over the shipcom to announce the changeover in command. She listened and nodded once. Afer he finished, she looked to the others. "Did the Captain fall or was she pushed?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

hypernovatic wrote:"Okay. I'm fine with that." Kiara said, taking a bite of the Mac and cheese she had gotten.
Dan smiled and spooned the last remnants of his stew into his face. "Great, so, after we.. Uh, well I don't know what we'll be doing.."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"So what are we repairing today, Cap'n Dan," Keeva asked with a grin.
"Well, we-" Dan started, then the intercom message played.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:After he finished, she looked to the others. "Did the Captain fall or was she pushed?"
"..I choose option C; Wait until further information, and stay clear of the bridge.." Dan replied, holding his spoon up. "No offence to him, but Corp scares me enough when he wasn't captain.."
Character Reference
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

POP! CLUNK! The old-school padlock drops to the floor, the jagged remains of its hasp smoking slightly. The two border collies pause, one peering carefully out the door and around the corner and the other with his ears pricked listening intently. The one with pricked ears taps the other on the shoulder and his hands begin forming words.
"I think we got awae wi' it." they say. The other makes an affirmative sign in return so the two cross back to the cabinet they just blew open and retrieve their gear. The taller dog collects a short knife and a tough leather pouch and attaches both to his belt, and the shorter one collects a satchel and hangs it over his shoulder.
"Let's awae! he signs to the taller dog who makes the same affirmative signal before the two pad silently down the hall.

The taller one stops abruptly and signals his brother to do the same, pointing to the two guards ahead of them, blocking their entry to the hangar. He points to himself and the bulkier of the guards, and then to the smaller dog and the slighter guard. The smaller dog, whose name is Cailean, nods in understanding and pulls out a small energy pistol as his brother, Conall, counts down from three on his paws. As one, the two dogs explode into the hangar, Cailean planting a bolt of energy big enough to stun a horse point blank into the back of his guard's skull while Conall uses a lightning-fast jujitsu move to knock his guard out before he has time to react. The two canines use the guard's own belts to tie them up before dragging them into a small office and hiding them under a desk.

The way now clear, the two dogs sprint for a small shuttle. It's a good choice because it's small and highly manoeuvrable - designed for ship to ship transfers - and they hope it'll slip out without notice. Strapping themselves in they stare bewildered at the controls for a few moments. They've both been in similar ships before and Cailean has even had a chance to try flying in a simulator but neither dog is a qualified pilot or has ever been in a genuine cockpit. After a few moments Cailean spots some controls that he recognises and a few minutes later he has the craft heading for the launch pad.

"Here we go!" he signs to his brother before shoving the throttles forwards. Unfortunately he doesn't realise that this action requires both pilot and copilot to push the throttles evenly and this small mistake is costly. The ship veers to the left as the right engine builds thrust faster than Cailean is able to correct the motion with the rudder, and the small change in course rakes the underside of the left wing across the pump atop a tank of petrol. Feeling the crunch, Conall looks worriedly at Cailean, tapping his hat to activate the screen, knowing that his brother can't sign and fly at the same time.
"Ah think we'll be okay. We're still movin' so th' damage cannae be tha' bad." the younger dog assures with more confidence that he's feeling as the craft pulls away from the pad. "Besides we daen't hae time tae change noo."

Conall nods in agreement as the words scroll across his screen and does his best to relax in his seat as the station dwindles behind them. Abruptly he lurches forward and points at the radar screen as two blips appear behind them. "'Ailean! Loo!" he calls, thinking it safer not to tap his brother's arm while he's steering.
"Ach! Naaee! Hauld on!" Cailean pushes the throttles to their stops, trying too put as much distance between himself and the pursuers as possible. "Ach, they're catchin' oo-" The border collie is cut off as an alarm suddenly blares and a light flashes on the panel beside a label saying "O2".
"Ach nae. That's nae guid."

"Er... Er..." Conall fruitlessly scans the panel for any button marked "guns" or "weapons" and clenches his fist in frustration before suddenly pointing at the radar screen again.
"'Ailean! Loo!"
"The Steelhaven! Er... Conall, ah daen't mean tae cause a stir but dae ye find it a touch hard tae breathe suddenly?" Conall nods his head, watching the blip representing the Steelhaven as it crosses the screen in front of him. Shifting a paw on the armrest of his seat he feels something come loose and bends down to pick it up. His heart leaps with hope as he realises it's a radio headset and he sticks it on Cailean's head and switches it on.
"Brilliant, Conall!" Cailean enthuses, shoving the rudder leftwards to avoid an energy bolt fired by their pursuers, feeling the ship jerk slightly as the elevator takes a hit. He wrestles with the ship, trying to keep the nose level as another warning light and alarm fill the cockpit with more cacophony.
"An' tha's nae guid! Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! Come in, the Steelhaven! Mayday!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It had been a bare few minutes since they had left the station weapons range and Grainger stood to give the order to go to maximum speed. "Set heading..."
"One moment, sir," the female Rat on the helm said. Like Corp, her race had been bred for the military life so, even though she'd never served in combat, Corp knew she wouldn't interrupt an order without good reason so he sat forward. "Scanners are picking up three ships also leaving the station, one of them in distress. It looks like the others are chasing the first."
Corp scowled. "On screen." He blinked as the viewscreen changed instantly to one of the camera drone feeds from the forward viewer and focussed again. Three small ships coming towards them. "They're hailing us, sir."
"Put them through, stop doing the Comms officers' job and bring us to minimal speed."
"What the heck is 'minimal speed'?" she muttered, slowing the ship whilst the Comms officer put them through.
Corp listened to the incoming call and set to reply. "STEELHAVEN here, Acting Captain Davidstow in command. The lead vessel is permitted to land in the Port rear bay. A Traction beam will assist you. The other ships are ordered to stand down or be destroyed." He cut the link and sent the traction beam order to the Ensign Lionheart's team. "All hands to battle stations," he said sternly as the pursuit ships fired again. "Red alert!"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It's Insignia, Cap'n! They'll-" The sound of an explosion and another alarm followed by a curse echoes through the speaker. "They'll nae stan' doon until we're deid! An' deid we nearly are! Oof! Tha' was an incendiary charge!" Cailean's laboured breathing is becoming more easily heard over the radio.
"Oor oxygen is feedin' the flames an' we've got precious enough o' that due to oor life support system bein' on the blink. Ah think we damaged somethin' on takeoff. Please have... Have a fire crew an' a... A medical team standin'-" Another crash and another alarm.
"Tha' was oor left landin' gear. Be ready for a crash! Please help an' hurry! Ah dinnae how long Ah can fly or how long until we run oot of air. Ah've never even flow-flow-flown except on the simulator an' Ah'm startin' tae feel giddy..." The zigzagging of the small craft as it tries unsuccessfully to avoid the heavy fire is easily visible on the monitor on the Steelhaven's bridge as are the flames dancing on one wing, fuelled by a combination of shuttle fuel and high pressure oxygen.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Aff, Darnit," Corp said, not exactly using that language, "get us between that ship and the others, Ensign. Grainger," he added as the Conn officer responded, powering the thrusters to intercept, "tell the Teleporter Chief to try and get the occupants of that ship out and to the medbay." He slapped his comm. "Captain Davidstow to Mayotte, we need security at the rear docking port and a couple of people at the Medbay." He closed off his comm after hearing the response. "They had a warning," he told the bridge officers as he finally sat back and gestured to the screen. "Target those two ships and fire at will."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado pulls up the communications after hearing the red alert and watching a few dozen security guards run about to various places, he quickly packed up his few items and rushed off to the medbay to grab a few fairly basic items. Upon arrival he sits in a chair and pushes himself up against the cabinet, running his finger down the various drawers until he gets to the right one, pulling out a small oxygen pump, "Ahh, here we are. Better bring some of these along," He grabs a couple of masks to connect to the pump and contacts the teleportation operator, "Get him, her, it, them, out of there and into here. I suppose Captain Corp has already asked this of you. Thank you." With that he "hangs up" and sits back to wait.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

In the maintenance office..

Earnest is checking subsystems on the computer when a traction beam order flashed up, seconds later, the red alert sounded.

He quickly set on the keyboard, typing out system orders, then jumped out his seat and out the office, shouting at all nearby personnel. "Clear the hanger!! Ship incoming!! GO! NOW!!"

---

As Dan was taking his bowl back to the counter, his pad bleeps. He pulls it from his belt-clip on his right side, but is quickly stopped by the alarm. "Uh-oh, what's going on now!?" He checks his pad. "Oh Darn! Darn! Guys! We need to get to the hanger!" He shouts, pointing to the exit, then starts running.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeva paused, her eyes flicking down to the piece of Macaroni hanging from her fork before she put it down. "At least I got to eat some of it," she said after swallowing. "C'mon, Kiara," she said, following Dan.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp watched as lances of light strobed between the Steelhaven and her target and took little pleasure in it. This wasn't war,not to him. It wasn't an even fight, two skimmers against a battlebarn. They were the enemy, it was his duty to kill or stop them, but there were ways and this wasn't his. Not being able to see the enemy face to face seemed a cowardly way. Still...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

"well kids" Mayotte started as he stood up to leave "you should be set, let me know any info and don't forget to ask permission. I will correspond anything through Barry since he is my deputy now"
Mayotte left the room while saying something about the room could be a base of operations or something such as that. he seemed to be thinking a loud as he didn't really wait for any acknowledgement.

Barry looked around the room at who was left, "So, what is our first mission anyway, or did Mayotte just leave us to find out on our own?
In that moment an alert that all personnel were to go to their stations, being new Barry wasn't sure where to go and began to head to the security room.

Suddenly on the coms Mayotte barked out "Barry, Ash, Jasmine, get to the med bay now! We need men there, Branden and some of the other officers are making their way to the rear docking port, you three are closer to the med bay. We might have wounded, but after last night the Captain wants some people there, don't be late, or make me look bad of course."
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Rightho," Jasmine said, getting ready, "Race you guys!" With that she was off, using her powerful leg muscles to hammer down the distance.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"What's going on?" Kiara asked, dropping her fork and following Dan.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

"Med bay? That's odd." Ash commented, watching Jasmine run out before turning to Barry. "Why would we need men in the med bay? Is it vulnerable to attack again? I swear, at this rate we'll have more people getting injured than getting better in that place..." She shook her head disapprovingly.

"Also, you're Mayotte's deputy now? Congratulations." Ash added with a snicker as she stood up and went for the exit.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

On the view screen and on the radar, Conall and Cailean watch as the small ships veer off and return fire towards the Steelhaven. They have no chance against the massive fire-power levelled against them, however, and soon they're both reduced to matchsticks and Insignia is down two soldiers.
"Oh, thank goodness!" Cailean breathes a big sigh of relief, feeling increasingly light headed. "They're gone, Conall! We're safe! Conall...?" The bigger dog is slumped in his seat and not moving, only the slight twitch of his whiskers showing that he's still breathing shallowly.
"Come on, Conall! Stay wi' me! Nearly there, Conall!" In his befuddled state, Cailean is unaware that his headset is still transmitting or that those on the Steelhaven's bridge can hear exactly what's going on in the cockpit.
"Let's ge'... Ge' this bird li-... Lined up fer landin'." Although concentration is becoming increasingly difficult, the dog continues to wrestle with the controls until abruptly he's plunged into pitch darkness and absolute silence.
"Er... Steelhaven? Can ye hear... Hear me? We've... We seem to have... Lost power." But Cailean is talking to himself as the shuttle, suffering from the brutal beating from Insignia's guns is no longer transmitting his signal. Indeed his battle with the controls is fruitless as without power nothing on the ship moves, but Cailean is too far gone to realise this.
"Got tae... Stay in line... Must... Land... Get... Help..."

"Teleportation to Medbay. Stand by to receive two patients, vital signs low. Incoming now." comes the warning in Colorado's office as the Teleporter Chief, having gotten a lock on the biological signal of the two life forms in the distressed ship, hits the button to send them to the medbay. Both dogs were seated in the ship and both arrive on Colorado's table in a seated position as though they'd not been moved. Collan slumps sideways the instant he's fully materialised and lies unmoving on his side, muscles limp and tongue lolling, only just breathing. Cailean, being smaller, is just barely conscious enough to remain seated next to his brother and he continues to stare blankly and "wrestle with the controls", believing himself to be hallucinating in his delirium, and determined to bring the shuttle in safely. Both dogs are suffering from a lack of oxygen and from smoke inhalation from the on-board fire that is beginning to die down as its oxygen supply runs low as the shuttle glides silently towards the Steelhaven, powered only by momentum. Cailean is still wearing his satchel and Conall his knife and pouch as neither brother had had time to remove them to make themselves comfortable during their escape. It's been a very near thing for the lads - a few moments later and they could both have been dead.

"Teleportation to Hangar. Our guests have arrived in the medbay. Bring their ship in at your leisure." the Chief informs Earnest.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Earnest gets the message on his headset, ans quickly replies. "Thanks teleportation, I've already got the traction beam on auto dock, should be coming in now.."

Just as he says that, the beam has powered up and auto-locked onto the drifting shuttle, pulling the ship slowly towards the hanger.

The doors open, revealing space and the shuttle drifting towards the door. A shimmering particle field can be seen across the door, keeping the air in. The ship's heavy damage can be clearly seen by everyone in the hanger now, as it passes the field and the traction beam is turned off. It clunks down onto the floor, making some personnel jump.

"Darn.. Okay, team one! get on that right wing! Team two, extinguish that fire! Hup-to it everyone!!" Earnest called, pointing to the ship.

---

Dan kept running toward the hanger, checking behind him so often to see if the girls were following. He very soon reached the hanger just as Earnest was calling out.

"Ensign Lionheart!!" He called, running over to him. "I got your message-" He stopped as he saw the ship. "Good gravy.. That's a N-class transfer shuttle.. 2093 design, not meant for combat.."

"I know, Dan.." Earnest said under his breath, folding his arms. "Once team two's got the fire out, I want you and.. your team to get in there and assess the interior damage.." He added, thumbing to Keeva and Kiara as they enter the hanger.

Dan blinked. "R-really? I-I mean, yes sir!" He replied, surprised. "I-I'll get my toolkit.."

He quickly turned and ran into the maintenance office, then returned carrying a medium-sized red box. "Alright, let's do it.." He murmured to himself, proceeding over to the ship..
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeva trotted along behind Dan. "Does the door work," she asked, hoping to rule out the obvious.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If the fun's over," Corp stated, "put us back on the prearranged course Grainger." His second-in-command gave the orders as Corp checked out the list of transfers from the station.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

In a flash, he's up out of his chair and attending to the newcomers. He busies himself with strapping oxygen masks to their muzzles and flipping the switch on the pump, continuously watching them and their vital signs for any sign of further decline as he cuts off any and all clothing to check for burns or any limbs being affected by oxygen deprivation. He slides the knife into the drawer and locks it, leaving the rest of the items on his desk. "Looks like there aren't any exterior wounds. Definitely lack of oxygen and smoke inhalation. But these should take care of that," he says to himself. Colorado looks around for a few seconds and pulls up a chair to sit next to the table, watching them while the oxygen pumps continue to whir silently in the background.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Kiara followed quickly behind Dan. "Let's find out." she said, walking up to the door.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jasmine gripped the door frame to the medical bay to halt her flight as she arrived at her destination. "I take it the alarms something to do with Freddie and Fido there," she asked Colorado, nodding to the pair receiving oxygen.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva trotted along behind Dan. "Does the door work?" she asked, hoping to rule out the obvious.
hypernovatic wrote:Kiara followed quickly behind Dan. "Let's find out." she said, walking up to the door.
"Kiara, wait a second, we have to wait for team two.." Dan said calmly, holding a paw up.

Just after he said that, one of the crew ran from the shuttle over to Earnest. "Sir, the outer fire is contained. I believe the interior is out too.. Any more orders?" He asked, saluting.

"Start looking at the thrusters, but keep outside the ship. I have a third team for the interior.." Earnest said simply, looking to Dan.

The crewman looks to Dan, then back to Earnest. "Yes sir. We'll get right on it." And with that, he ran back to the shuttle.

Earnest again looks to Dan, then just nods toward the ship.

Dan smiles then puts down his kit, opening it and rummaging through. He finds what he needs, an auto pry-bar. He then steps up to the door and lodges the bar into place. "Stand clear of the door.." He says under his breath, then presses a switch on the side of the bar.

In an instant, the door creaks and pops open, releasing the stale air behind it. Dan backs off and gags, coughing for a few moments. "*cough*.. Okay.. Definitely de-pressurized.. wow.. Give that a few moments.. *cough*" He said, a paw over his muzzle. "Un-*cough* Unless we have some gas-masks.. Glad whoever was in this is in the medbay.."
Character Reference
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Probably." He smiles at her and stands up, pulling a small penlight from his pocket and stepping up to the dogs' heads. He flicks the light on and opens up each of their eyes, shining the light in checking for basic pupil contractions. "They should be fine. The the one on the right," He motions to Cailean, "He came in and was still trying to fly the medical table. It's not the most worrisome thing and I think I can attribute it to simply being dazed. Both of them are currently suffering from lack of oxygen and a bit of smoke inhalation." He explains and then shuffles over to the other dog, "This one's breathing is shallow, but his brain activity is relatively normal, lower than sleeping, but higher than...well, being in a coma." As he's explaining this final part to Jasmine he walks over to a locker and pulls out two matching sets of scrubs and sets them down on a nearby table. "The good news is that because of the components used in building spacecraft, smoke from fires on them is usually made up of rather biodegradable parts. It'll take a few days, but they should either absorb it or cough it up. Either way is relatively safe." He drapes the blankets over the backs of the dogs, "The one who came in like he was still flying should be the first one to wake up. From what I can see, their heart rates and brain activity levels are returning to normal fairly quickly." He sits back down in his chair and puts his feet on the handle of one of the drawers.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Both Sylvester and Zoroaster where sitting aboard a small shuttle heading to the Steehaven, they had been delayed do to a small battle the Steelhaven was apart of. Sylvester was sitting across from his student, "So you ready for some on the field training?" Zoroaster was holding his bag with some replacement clothes, he looked a little nervous. "Maybe, I'm definitely excited to be apart of this." Sylvester smiled, "Relax, you'll do fine." "I hope I'll do fine, what's it like on a ship?" Sylvester leaned forward, "That depends on the amount of action the ship sees and how nice our new superior will be." Zoroaster shifted his weight back and forth on the seat. They waited for the Steelhaven to give permission for their pilot to board the ship.
Last edited by Civilization on Wed May 06, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Once Colorado starts to man- or rather, dog-handle him, Cailean realises that this is no hallucination so he submits to the examination, allowing the greyness edging his vision to finally overtake him so that he slumps weakly beside his brother. Gradually though, with the help of the supplementary oxygen he begins to regains his senses. As the light is shone into his eyes he blinks and as Colorado and Rhonkar talk he gradually begins to focus on and make sense of the voices. Feeling some discomfort and a strange weight on his face, he raises a paw and pushes at the mask, not quite realising what it is. Conall lies still on the table next to him, his breathing gradually becoming deeper and steadier.

Finding that the mask is firmly strapped to his face, and still too dopey to figure out how to remove it, Cailean drops his paw and stares at the doe and the large dog in confusion. He endeavours to find his voice but ends up coughing, his throat still irritated from the smoke.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado glances over at the sound of the cough, "Like I said, soon. I did not expect that soon. Probably because he wasn't completely unconscious." He reaches over and pulls the mask off the dog, "You feeling alright? Need anything, food, water?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp looked up from the files he was reading and glanced at Grainger. "We were supposed to get two new Doctors - well, one Doctor and a student - at the station. Where..?"
Once again, the Rat on the helm interrupted him and he glowered at the back of her head. "Shuttle coming in," she said, "and it's flying medical tags."
The worst thing about this being a secret mission, Corp thought, is that no-one else knows it is. He listened to the message. "You're cleared for the port docking hangar," he reported. "There's already a security team there," he told Grainger. "or there better be," he grumbled. "Tell the hangar company's coming and to make sure it lands away from the other shuttle."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeva sniffed the air - or lack of it - in the shuttle and agreed with Dan. Masks were needed so she went to get a couple.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jasmine gave the patient a tiny wave and a smile, just to say she was there and friendly. And a guard, of course.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie