Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

MrNeonShot

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by MrNeonShot »

I now have the Rocket Raccoon figure for Disney Infinity 2.0 ^^
He is such a cutie! Bigger muscles, cuter face (than the movie version). Hands down my favorite character!

Also, I have to restart Ocarina of Time because I got my "old system" set up again along with an xbox 360 controller to work with the game.

Conkers Bad Fur Day failed to get past the pitch fork. Sad because I was getting tons of laughs from the game.

And I also got Majora's Mask (N64) ready to play once I finish. I'm coming, Majora!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I was actually thinking, I should try to get an Amiibo sometime. I imagine they'll prolly be worth something someday, if they're as popular as they are! Better do it before stores sell out...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I definitely want a Fox McCloud amiibo ^^
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

you and probably every other furry in the world :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'd also get the pikachu and a lucario amiibo. Those guys are so cute! :3
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I'm playing How to Survive:Storm Warning Edition
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Who else is playing Hearthstone? I've started playing on December of last year and it's a pretty good game. But I somehow feel that it still have too little cards and little startegy variety for each deck class.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

angelusbr wrote:Who else is playing Hearthstone? I've started playing on December of last year and it's a pretty good game. But I somehow feel that it still have too little cards and little startegy variety for each deck class.
Dude, i'm nuts on Hearthstone. The class decks actually have a lot of variety, but can be adjusted.

Paladins - Healing, buffing and minions
Mage - Nukes, stalling and magic cards
Warlock - Big monsters and big attacks at the cost of your health and cards
Hunter - aggressive, but very single-minded strategy.
Warrior - bursty, tanky and relies on damaged minions and weapons to do the damage
Rogue - lots of card drawing, a lot of small hits, but a lot of powerful combos.
Priest - lots of healing and buffing. very easy for beginners.

Also... the sound effects of the cards... I love them. chugga chugga chugga chugga.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

GameCobra wrote:
angelusbr wrote:Who else is playing Hearthstone? I've started playing on December of last year and it's a pretty good game. But I somehow feel that it still have too little cards and little startegy variety for each deck class.
Dude, i'm nuts on Hearthstone. The class decks actually have a lot of variety, but can be adjusted.

Paladins - Healing, buffing and minions
Mage - Nukes, stalling and magic cards
Warlock - Big monsters and big attacks at the cost of your health and cards
Hunter - aggressive, but very single-minded strategy.
Warrior - bursty, tanky and relies on damaged minions and weapons to do the damage
Rogue - lots of card drawing, a lot of small hits, but a lot of powerful combos.
Priest - lots of healing and buffing. very easy for beginners.

Also... the sound effects of the cards... I love them. chugga chugga chugga chugga.
I guess I say this because I'm used to play Magic and yugioh and they have thousands of cards to choose from. XD
But this game IS new, so I'll give it some more time.
My current favorite decks are: fatigue druid, mech mage, zoo and deathrattle hunters.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hearthstone is a lot simpler than Magic, but I'd say its best strength is its simplicity and ease of just picking up and playing. The UI is fantastic.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

So I started playing Shining Force for the GBA. It's pretty okay, though I'm not exactly all that good with SRPGs. Kinda like how I'm not all that good with the Fire Emblem games. Any tips or things I should know that might help?
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hiya guys! I know I rarely come here nowadays, but I need some advice on purchasing a 3DS of my own.

Recently, I've been wanting to own a 3DS so much that I even dreamed I had one, kinda revealing my subconscious want for it. So I'm starting to save up some money for it. I think I can get enough within 4 to 6 months of saving, but then I noticed something.

The New 3DS is coming up, and I don't want the same thing that happened when I finally got my DSLite back then (Wifi service discontinued and whatnot) to happen again when I get the 3DS. But the New3DS is not released yet in Malaysia, and I'm expecting it to be very expensive.

(Now, I'll be quoting the prices in Ringgit Malaysia or RM, and currently $1 = RM3.50. The local gaming forum here suggest using the conversion rate of $1 = RM4.50, but for this question, just assume RM1=$1 to help you guys see things from my perspective)

- Currently, the cheapest price I've seen for a brand new standard 3DS is RM660 in the capital.
- Cheapest online price is RM699, with the normal price ranging between RM720 - RM900
- Cheapest price I've seen here in my hometown is RM900, with RM1100 being the standard.
- Expected cheapest price for a New 3DS is about RM850 - RM950, with local gamers expecting it to retail at RM1100++ when it gets released here.
- The 2DS is about RM480-RM560 here, but they are rarely available in stock because of the exchange rates issues and the RM getting weaker against USD. Also, shops don't seem to like to stock up on it

I debated buying things in USD, but then again, the Ringgit is really weak right now, and is expected to stay that way for this year. I also debated buying a refurbished version, but the price difference is only about RM20-RM30; not worth it I think.

I'm not interested in the new features that the New3DS has, and I only wanted to play certain games like the Pokemon games (the only reason I wanted a Nintendo handheld system) and Bravely Default. However, I did hear that Nintendo will be releasing several new games that can only work on the New3DS, and I'm afraid that later upcoming Pokemon games will be like this. Also, I'm very afraid of the possibility of Nintendo discontinuing the Wifi connectivity service for the old 3DS as well, because I reeeeaaallly wanted to play with friends online.

So guys, what do you think? Which version should I go for, and is the wait while saving money worth the new version? I can save up to RM100 a month, and I think I can have up to RM450 in my hand now. I'm also not very well-versed in the Nintendo franchise and how things work.

Really appreciate any help and advice I can get :3

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think if you don't currently have a 3DS I'd hold out for the new version.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I agree with Sleet. With gaming, you are probably better off staying with the most current hardware because any big name games are going to use it instead of the old ones. And as you would expect, all of the old DS games will still be playable on it, so if you're going to save for one, may as well make it the one that'll play all of the games and stay relevant longer.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Totally get the New3ds. It happens to have customizable faceplates! And the other reasons listed above.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Some of my WoW Pets. I gotta rename them all. I just need names and types of animals to use.

PS: The names on yellow are the pet's name. the White text is the species. And yes, there is a species of squirrels named Nuts. And yes, i'm aware i named two birds Nina. X3
Attachments
Pets2.png
Pets2.png (230.71 KiB) Viewed 15817 times
Pets1.png
Pets1.png (242.09 KiB) Viewed 15817 times
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Got Kirby Triple Deluxe. Adding that to my list of games to juggle around.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

GameCobra wrote:Some of my WoW Pets. I gotta rename them all. I just need names and types of animals to use.

PS: The names on yellow are the pet's name. the White text is the species. And yes, there is a species of squirrels named Nuts. And yes, i'm aware i named two birds Nina. X3
Dead Chicken?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Undead chickens would be awesome.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Are hyacinth macaws still rare? I had one (named Mira) way back when, even before Burning Crusade, and I recall them being super rare.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Been playing Kerbal Space Program the last couple of days. Making a space station.
Getting those Shuttles into space is horrible. The game doesn't have in depth enough throttle controls to be able to keep it stable, so if I don't manually limit the thrust produced on the lifting engine, then it'll spiral out of control the minute I get to 35,000ish meters.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Sleet wrote:Are hyacinth macaws still rare? I had one (named Mira) way back when, even before Burning Crusade, and I recall them being super rare.
Huh, I did a powerpoint presentation on them in middle school. Pretty sure they're an endangered species, so it confuses me how they're kept as pets. :P

Oh, and on topic: I've been playing both multiplayer minecraft and ftb singleplayer and I'm pretty satisfied so far. Though, learning everything from multiple mods is turning out to be a bit of a chore.
All your acorns are belong to us.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Whozjama wrote:
Sleet wrote:Are hyacinth macaws still rare? I had one (named Mira) way back when, even before Burning Crusade, and I recall them being super rare.
Huh, I did a powerpoint presentation on them in middle school. Pretty sure they're an endangered species, so it confuses me how they're kept as pets. :P

Oh, and on topic: I've been playing both multiplayer minecraft and ftb singleplayer and I'm pretty satisfied so far. Though, learning everything from multiple mods is turning out to be a bit of a chore.
I know that feeling quite well. I used full Tekkit a long time ago and knew my way around the majority of things, this was when it wasn't 1000 mods it was more like maybe 50 with 10 that actually had large effects on gameplay. I stopped and came back 2 years later. I have no idea what is going on anymore.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Am I the only one who plays (or played, I guess) basic Minecraft?
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Apparently, veterans of Rareware are going to make a spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie.

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/rare-veteran ... -successor

Your thoughts?
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Deske wrote:
Whozjama wrote:

I know that feeling quite well. I used full Tekkit a long time ago and knew my way around the majority of things, this was when it wasn't 1000 mods it was more like maybe 50 with 10 that actually had large effects on gameplay. I stopped and came back 2 years later. I have no idea what is going on anymore.
FTB (Feed the Beast, popular modpack makers) just came out with a new modpack called Infinity. I love personally love the Harvestcraft mod, it lets me make tons of different foods. Tinkers construct is good to, if you find a village most of the smeltery is there so ore doubling is very close in super early game.
Sleet wrote:Am I the only one who plays (or played, I guess) basic Minecraft?
I played a ton during alpha and onwards until I messed up my very very old main world got corrupted; I also played classic multiplayer, the power to make a giant map wide wall with one command was delicious considering big builds took forever to make.
All your acorns are belong to us.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

they can be dropped from all of STV now.

And yes, I play regular Minecraft :3
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That doesn't necessarily make it more common! The drop rate was super-low and it may still be.

And I'm totally excited at the idea of a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie! It sucks that Nintendo is pretty much the only company making good platformers these days. Platformers are so out of fashion that only the masters of the craft seem to want to do it anymore.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Haven't personally farmed the pet myself, but now i'm going to just to be sure :3

I been playing Wizardry 8 for a long time... wow... just wow... Wizardry has always been a long series, but this one took the cake. After beating it, i finally decided to leave the wizardry series alone until i'm done playing all my other games.

I also decided to retire from Hearthstone. The game was magnificent, and the cards were awesome, but it's taking up too much time for me. I also had alot of fun with my giant Paladin deck so much that i got tired of the game.

Instead, i moved onto playing DOTA 2 and Heroes of the Storm now. dependong on who plays with me. Kyderra, i'm looking at you =)

Next on my list: Dayz. My brother has been hounding me to play this with him for so long. And i'm going to be playing my 3DS for Smash Brothers more.

I'm also heavily debating on getting Resident Evil REvolutions for the 3DS since i found out they are making a second one.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

You should! Revalations is a good game, pretty intense sometimes. :P
I am now on Steam properly, as opposed to using my brothers account(s). Currently playing Space engineers. good game :P
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Liam

Post by Liam »

ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

Hotline Miami 2 is here!
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Here's an update on Project Ukulele.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j29fSa_tTzA
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Recently got into playing Spore for the first time in a long while. I had forgotten how addictive it is. :shock:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Got my New 3DS on launch and been playing a ton of Monster Hunter 4:U
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Spore was awesome. unfortunately the game only allows a minimum of 3 installs last I recall. maybe they stopped it, but i'll think about playing it again someday. =P

In the meantime, I just bought Elder Scrolls Online today for me and my brother. We bought the Imperial edition as well. $100 for each of us, but well worth it so far. Male Argonian Templar known as GameCobra and Female Khajeet Dragonknight named Spikeadina. Community is very nice so far. It feels like a slightly toned down version of Skyrim so far, but graphics are amazing. Hoping to see what max level is during this month.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Been playing a bit too much Theatrythm Curtain Call and Persona Q.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

You thought Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and 3DS was over after the Mewtwo DLC? Think again!

Nintendo has just revealed the trailer for Mewtwo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUFrKjfZthA

But he's not going to the only DLC character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpHAU6xovC4

There's also some DLC costumes for the Mii's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9AmAu4noc

In addition, you can cast your vote for the character you want to see as the next DLC fighter.
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

Your thoughts?
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Totally looking forward to Fire Emblem: IF!

Oh yeah, and Mewtwo and Lucas or something, but I don't really care for them :?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Saturn381 wrote:Your thoughts?
how many of these are April Fool's pranks :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

None. All seem pretty legit.