Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Jacey »

Joy: I got... or am going to get, a pay raise at work, two extra dollars. Which is very good for me as it means can move on with the plans I have for my life.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Congrats on the raise! :) (and for having a life - and plans for it! :mrgreen: )
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Joy: I'm literally watching movies for a third of class in social studies.
All your acorns are belong to us.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I don't know how I feel: My mom is moving down to Texas to start her new job and I'm staying here in Kansas to finish high school. After that I'll be here until around Thanksgiving and then I'll move down to Texas too.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Think of it as an exciting world of new opportunity! :D
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Yeah bro! Texas is really cool. I'm sure everything will work out okay.
Joy: I'm able to sue WolframAlpha Pro for free because I'm a math major. Thanks Winthrop!!
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope that when you move, everything works out well for you Deske!
Deske

Post by Deske »

I've got a few months, it'll probably be just fine. Just have to get used to coming home to a quiet house.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Joy: Finally got my computer back up to what it was, last thing was re-installing sound drivers. And now I am getting another computer...problem is, while this new one is (counts) 6 or 7 years more advanced than my one, it is still a dell desktop so is still terrible. Faster processor, yes, but it throws one heck of a strop when my graphics card is put in. So slightly faster processor...slightly worse graphics card needed. I can't win. At least the new screen is the smexiest thing to ever come inside my room. And it was all free...who can complain?

Sorrow: Having a little trouble job hunting. I need one to make sure I can pay for my fursuit's shipping, which is soon, but I've spent many late nights weeks on end hunting. No jobs available for me. So I'm mighty desperate to make sure I can pay it off. More than a little stressed and worried, I will admit, but I have to keep believeing I can do it...as long as my mum doesn't decide to try and take all my money again but we'll see.

Joy: Though it has been months and months since I played Rome:Total war I was very pleased when I started a new campaign as the British and kicked major Gaul bum. Not ONLY was it my first time acting them, but it was my first backwards barbaric army and civi faction I've played. So while I had a few more losses than normal...I still destroyed them.
Attachments
Some annoyingly high losses for me but hey ho.
Some annoyingly high losses for me but hey ho.
not mah best.jpg (214.5 KiB) Viewed 8571 times
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I was sick yesterday
Joy: I'm better today!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Joy: My new PC is awesome!
Sorrow: so many things to do on it, so little time... :(
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Do you want some snow? We have plenty of it over here and then you get school cancelled. 8-)
Douglas Collier

Sort of sorrow: It's supposed to rain all week. Blech. =P

Hope: It'd be great if there were to be some thunder and lightning mixed in... =d
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Joy: Had a really fun weekend. It's rejuvenating to get out every now and them.

Sorrow: I'm starting to get into habit of staying up all night at least once a week, sometimes spending 30-50 hours awake at a time. *sigh* Only so much sleep can be sacrificed before you start to lose your motor skills, then it's pointless/dangerous. x.x

Sorrow: Incredibly disappointing price tag on the college that I wanted to go to. Might have to stay in state just so I can go full time. I'll have the first week of April to decide once and for all (after 100 times of changing my mind and balancing risks)

Joy: That would turn 'moving eight hours away' to 'moving two hours away'.
Douglas Collier

Sorrow: My mom was involved in an accident. Everyone is alright, but her car was totaled. Until we find a good deal on another car, my dad will have to shuttle my mom and me to and from our jobs - in my case, it'd probably be during his lunch break. I really hope we find a car soon. :(
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Douglas Collier wrote:Sorrow: My mom was involved in an accident. Everyone is alright, but her car was totaled. Until we find a good deal on another car, my dad will have to shuttle my mom and me to and from our jobs - in my case, it'd probably be during his lunch break. I really hope we find a car soon. :(
Glad to hear that nobody was hurt. Sorry about the car!
Kitela wrote:Sorrow: I'm starting to get into habit of staying up all night at least once a week, sometimes spending 30-50 hours awake at a time. *sigh* Only so much sleep can be sacrificed before you start to lose your motor skills, then it's pointless/dangerous. x.x
Speaking of, joy?: Pulled my first all-nighter two days ago. I'm surprised I haven't done this before?

(obligatory:) sorrow: IM SO TIRED OH GOSH.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Deske

Post by Deske »

Aren't all nighters fun? I pull them every so often. Especially if I go to bed after 4 on a school night.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I used to be able to stay up all night for one night. Now I get dizzy if I stay up past 9 am without sleep. :P
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Sorrow: My Grandma died yesterday. She had been in the hospital for 2 weeks, and when it seemed she was getting better something happened and she died. I am going to the funeral this week. Ironically, we also celebrated my other Grandma's birthday yesterday.

I guess seeing all my family all together today would count as a joy, but it was still sad when you thought about it. Every time I walked into the kitchen my mind would expect to see my grandma sitting in her chair where she always sat.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

I'm really sorry for your loss dtlux. :(
Hope you are alright.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Douglas Collier

I'm sorry, dtlux. You have my condolences. :(

Joy: My dad was able to replace my mom's car that was totaled this morning. IIt's the same make and color, but it's two years newer. It's also a little bit bigger. :)
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm sorry to hear that dtlux. :(
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

No! Celebrate her life! She's a grandma yes? Then she won at the biological imperative. She has people going to her funeral yes? Then she left with people who loved her! If she's a grandma she lived long! Got to experience life! Many moments! Many friends! Many happiness!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: Midteeeerrms... :(
Another Sorrow: My back is just killing me and I don't know why. Picking things up from the ground are a lot harder now. Bleeh...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

My condolences, Lux. :(

Sorrow: Steadily losing interest in my studies. Not good. Not when exams are coming up.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorry to hear about your loss, Lux. I hope you and your family is doing alright.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

deepskycyan wrote:Sorrow: Steadily losing interest in my studies. Not good. Not when exams are coming up.
So much this. I guess it's the chore of studying for exams that takes my interests away.

dtlux1 wrote:Sorrow: My Grandma died yesterday.
*Hugs*
Whozjama makes a point about celebrating her life. Although, I know it's bound to hurt that she's not here anymore. Sorry to here about your loss.

Joy: Class was canceled due to everything being covered in ice!
Meh: Will be spending the time to study. I somehow went from understanding everything in my Chemistry class, to completely lost in just a week. Now's the time to get caught up, I guess!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm so sorry for you loss dtlux1. You have my deepest sympathies. I know what it is like to lose a grandparent.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

dtlux1 wrote:Sorrow: My Grandma died yesterday. She had been in the hospital for 2 weeks, and when it seemed she was getting better something happened and she died. I am going to the funeral this week. Ironically, we also celebrated my other Grandma's birthday yesterday.

I guess seeing all my family all together today would count as a joy, but it was still sad when you thought about it. Every time I walked into the kitchen my mind would expect to see my grandma sitting in her chair where she always sat.
Sorry for your loss, lux. My Grandparents took me and my mom in when i was a kid and raised us until we got on our feet. We grew out of it once we got older, but we always remember them for the love =(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Sorry if I came off a bit too strong there. My first Asian funeral I went to was radically different from the western view of what a funeral should look like.
Everyone at the funeral was being...exuberant, talking, smiling, and laughing. I was confused at first, but I think I got it, it's like the deceased is at a farewell party, and the last thing they see will be a crowd of happy people smiling. Dispelling the worries of leaving behind a world worse.

Joy: My hard work in class in paying off, I'm so far doing pretty well. My life is boring, what can I do.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: For once, my Thursday class got cancelled instead of my Monday class which I missed three of! 8-)
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: I bought two new pillows because I am very tough on mine for some reason and even the most firm ones that I can get go rather flat after a few months. These new ones even have some kind of "won't go flat" foam center. It's not memory foam, but I think they'll work rather well.

Sorrow: Because of said foam center, I'm afraid these pillows actually won't go flat enough. Right now, one pillow is too low, and two are too high, which is normal for when I get new pillows. Hopefully they'll flatten just a little so they'll be a comfortable height, then stop.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Douglas Collier

Joy: I got a new (used and a little old, but new to me and in good condition) laptop! :mrgreen:
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Cool! What brand and what are the specs on it, if you don't mind my curiosity.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Douglas Collier

It's a Compaq Presario CQ57. Not sure about the year, though - all the programs show that they were installed (or reinstalled) in 2011. The hardware seems to be in good shape; no loose keys, it doesn't heat up too much, and the sound is fairly good.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

A quick look at some pictures of it and it seems to be pretty similar to my Dell. :P

Looks like a solid enough laptop. Just don't drop it and you'll probably be fine for another 3 or 4 years before you need to replace it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Deske

Post by Deske »

The motherboard on that laptop has got to be the weirdest one I've ever seen. It's awesome.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I found out when my second cousin's baby is due!

Sorrow: The day before my grandfather died... :cry:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm sorry to hear that, Amazee. :( *hugs you*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Thanks. I guess I really shouldn't be too unhappy since it would ruin their special day.