Another awkward moment

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

ShadowLightning

Re: Another awkward moment

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sooo earlier today, I was washing the dishes while listening to some songs on my phone. The songs were being played really loud on speaker since my earphones don't work that well. Then my dad comes by to get something in the kitchen, and, apparently, my phone decided it was the perfect time to play EVERY girly song I had. My dad just gave me the weirdest looks and I could just tell he was silently judging me.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

ShadowLightning wrote:Sooo earlier today, I was washing the dishes while listening to some songs on my phone. The songs were being played really loud on speaker since my earphones don't work that well. Then my dad comes by to get something in the kitchen, and, apparently, my phone decided it was the perfect time to play EVERY girly song I had. My dad just gave me the weirdest looks and I could just tell he was silently judging me.
Something similar has happened to me. I was polishing the wooden furniture in the living room and listening to music off my laptop. My boyfriend came over during that time and his mother with him. When they came into the living room, my laptop started playing "Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer" by Behemoth. I spent roughly 20 minutes trying to explain that I'm not a Satanist to his mother...
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I can see how that would be awkward. :?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I just had a fail.
an EPIC. Fail.
Like, such a horribly awkward fail that I'll never go to Walmart again.

I went to walmart with my friend tonight and was talking on his Iphone to my mom because mine is a sucky pay as you go phone. As I'm talking, this girl shows up with a shy, but determined face and says "Hey! You better call me!"
And I was like "Okay, uh... Give me a sec!"
*whispers saying I have to go*
I then get her number after hearing it 4 times.

Later, I decide to call the number with Full Metal and Wingman next to me.
"Ring ring* Please leave a message after the tone"
So, with my inexperience of calling random girls, I leave this message.
"Hey, this is Seth. I was calling to see if this number worked and to give you my number"
Simple enough? Mm, maybe I should say more.
I give her my number, then say
"I'm not really sure what to say because... I don't really have much experience with this, so..."
Wingman next to me says "Just say bye!"
I say "Just say bye-- er, Bye!"
And I hang up.
Then I saw the planes crashing to the floor, the man down alert blaring in my head, and the realization that I failed miserably hit me hard.

I came home, realizing how much I sucked with girls and to tell you guys or girls out there...
Never leave a message as bad as I have.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I don't plan on leaving a message like that any time soon. :lol:
I also have a pay as you go phone.

I went to the Pokemon symphony this weekend, and it was after the show. I was in the lobby with about 10 other people, everyone else had left. I was getting the last street passes of the night after I called my dad to come pick me up. He pulled up outside, and called me. This was my ringtone. Everyone in the lobby just stared at me. That was real awkward.

I am not sure what I was expecting setting that as my ringtone though. I still have it as my ringtone, not going to change it after I looked everywhere to download a flash as an MP3. :P
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That awkward moment when you finally work out why your mother's car remote only works some of the time. Turns out there are two remotes on identical keyrings and only one of them works. *facepaws*
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

dtlux1 wrote:Everyone in the lobby just stared at me. That was real awkward.
I'd have danced, that's a great ringtone :P
what is it? it's catchy.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That sounds like it sucked majorly Hlaoroo. At least I know my mom's car remote starter works well. I knocked it off the table by accident and it started the car up since it was so sensitive. :lol:
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

That awkward moment when you leave a public restroom that's full of people and impulsively turn off the light.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That awkward moment when you're mowing the lawn and you swallow a bug and nearly fall off the ride-on mower from coughing so much.
Amazee Dayzee wrote: At least I know my mom's car remote starter works well.
Oh, this isn't a starter. Its just the "beeper" to lock/unlock it and pop the boot.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Boot? Is that the Australian term for the trunk?

That awkward moment when you start scanning items and then realize you need to sign on to the register first.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not just Australian, but the British used it too. I learned it from "Eastenders". xD

As for shutting the bathroom light off, yeah I did that a few times. xDD
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

That awkward moment when your bedroom door locks from the outside and you accidentally lock yourself in your own room. (and you also really need to go to the bathroom at the time)
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Douglas Collier

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Not just Australian, but the British used it too. I learned it from "Eastenders". xD
And the hood is called a bonnet, right? Would that make the area in between the dress? :P
SergeiTheFox wrote:That awkward moment when your bedroom door locks from the outside and you accidentally lock yourself in your own room. (and you also really need to go to the bathroom at the time)
I had a lock on the outside of the door when I was little. I once locked my mom and myself inside - I ended up climbing out the window to unlock the door.

I once locked myself out of my dorm room - none of my roommates were around and I had to get a key from the front office (I had to wait an hour for someone to be there). Luckily I was wearing pajamas.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Kitela wrote:That awkward moment when you leave a public restroom that's full of people and impulsively turn off the light.
I think I get all the people who are in the bathroom at my school mad at me. I am usually the last one out, so I turn out the lights, but some of the time I am not the last one out and turn the lights out on the other people.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
dtlux1 wrote:Everyone in the lobby just stared at me. That was real awkward.
I'd have danced, that's a great ringtone :P
what is it? it's catchy.
I would have started dancing too had I not been in that lobby, it is a great ring tone. :lol:
Last edited by dtlux1 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

My ringtone on my phone is something called "Gray Revolution".
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Douglas Collier wrote:Boot? Is that the Australian term for the trunk?
Douglas Collier wrote:And the hood is called a bonnet, right?
That's right. You speak Australian. :P
Douglas Collier wrote:Would that make the area in between the dress?
*giggles* Good one! :D
Douglas Collier wrote:I once locked myself out of my dorm room - none of my roommates were around and I had to get a key from the front office (I had to wait an hour for someone to be there). Luckily I was wearing pajamas.
Everyone does that at some point.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Douglas Collier

Hlaoroo wrote:That's right. You speak Australian. :P
Tell me, is there a difference in how you pronounce "khakis" and "car keys". :P

That awkward moment when you start scanning items before realizing you need to sign on to the register first.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Douglas Collier wrote:Tell me, is there a difference in how you pronounce "khakis" and "car keys". :P
You're thinking of a Boston accent. :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That awkward moment when you're talking to the real estate agent on the phone and you mention that you're away so you'll be a couple of days late handing in the paperwork and then when you're hanging up the real estate agent says "Enjoy your holiday" and you automatically say "You too."
*facepaws*
Douglas Collier wrote:Tell me, is there a difference in how you pronounce "khakis" and "car keys". :P
They're actually quite similar in the Australian accent because we don't emphasise the R like you Americans do. They are different though. "Car keys" has longer vowel sounds than "khakis". "ey" and "i" are slightly different sounds too.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Hlaoroo wrote:That awkward moment when you're talking to the real estate agent on the phone and you mention that you're away so you'll be a couple of days late handing in the paperwork and then when you're hanging up the real estate agent says "Enjoy your holiday" and you automatically say "You too."
*facepaws*
Oh, I know that...
Hlaoroo wrote:
They're actually quite similar in the Australian accent because we don't emphasise the R like you Americans do. They are different though. "Car keys" has longer vowel sounds than "khakis". "ey" and "i" are slightly different sounds too.
Well... Actually, I don't really emphasise the "r" at all in "car keys" and the "i" and the "ey" sound the same awhen I say them... "Car keys" and "khakis" sound the same when I say it. You need to get from the context what I mean. :P
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Reasons why I don't play soccer #2: Watching the game on TV between the Socceroos and the UAE. our boys are wearing the green and gold and the UAE are dressed all in white.
Me: "Why is there one random guy in blue running in the middle? Everyone else is in yellow or white but he's blue."
Mum: "That's the umpire."
Me: *trying to defend myself* "Ah. I didn't know they wore blue in soccer..." :oops:
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Hlaoroo wrote:Reasons why I don't play soccer #2: Watching the game on TV between the Socceroos and the UAE. our boys are wearing the green and gold and the UAE are dressed all in white.
Me: "Why is there one random guy in blue running in the middle? Everyone else is in yellow or white but he's blue."
Mum: "That's the umpire."
Me: *trying to defend myself* "Ah. I didn't know they wore blue in soccer..." :oops:
I don't really know much about sports. One time, I was playing at pep band at a basketball game and I decided I would cheer our team on (I honestly never cared which team won; I just liked being there with my friends). Our team made a shot into the hoop and I yelled "touchdown". I had no idea the word touchdown referenced scoring in (American) football, not basketball...
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

Deske

Post by Deske »

I didn't know soccer had an umpire. I thought they only had referees. Unless that's just a different name for them.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Umpires are a different name for referees. But they are called umpires for Australian rules football (aka American soccer).
Douglas Collier

Would I be correct in saying that comparing American soccer to Australian rules football is like comparing croquet to polo? :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

No clue. All I know is that it resembles what Americans call soccer and is played with what we would call a soccer ball.

That awkward moment where you walk out of your bedroom in a nightgown and nothing under it and a small gust of wind makes it fly around. :oops:
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Today I went to my old school's open house, and I saw my favorite teacher. He informed me that he still had the folders from when we were in 8th grade, and he uses them as test barriers so you can't cheat. He said that people know when it is my old folder, as I drew ponies on the inside, and people instantly know it is mine when they open it. This was awkward for me, as I stopped liking My Little Pony about a year ago, and I started to lose interest in it around 8th grade. I have since been trying to tell people I don't like the show, but it is hard when everyone at your old school remembers you as the one guy who was obsessed with My Little Pony. :roll:
Deske

Post by Deske »

I was so confused about the Australian Rules Football because http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_rules_football That is what I know as Aussie Rules Football.
Douglas Collier

If there was such a thing as a 3rd grade class reunion (and people actually remembered who each person was), they would remember me as the kid who walked backward at recess; my 4th grade class would probably remember me as the kid who wore a towel cape for an entire day; 5th grade - the kid who drew comics; and 6th grade - the boy who wore Ugg boots. In high school I was the guy who carried all the books, papers, binders, and folders he needed for the day in his arms instead of in a backpack.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Deske wrote:I was so confused about the Australian Rules Football because http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_rules_football That is what I know as Aussie Rules Football.
Ah. I think I see the confusion here. Europeans call soccer football but in Australia, as in America, we call it soccer. Aussie Rules Football, as Deske pointed out, is more similar to American Football or rugby. And you're right, that they're properly called referees in soccer. Again, shows how little I know of sport. :P Umpires and referees are really just different names for the same job.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Douglas Collier

Hlaoroo wrote:
Deske wrote:I was so confused about the Australian Rules Football because http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_rules_football That is what I know as Aussie Rules Football.
Ah. I think I see the confusion here. Europeans call soccer football but in Australia, as in America, we call it soccer. Aussie Rules Football, as Deske pointed out, is more similar to American Football or rugby.
I just gained even more respect for Australia. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would like to go there as soon as a find something to use against everything that wants to kill me there.

And the gympi-gympi plant.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That awkward moment when your 5.2kg/11.5lb dog cannons into the back of your legs hard enough to knock them out from underneath you so you end up flat on your back. :P

That awkward moment when you brush past a bush with orange flowers adn end up looking like an Oompah Loompah with a bad spray tan. :P
Douglas Collier wrote:I just gained even more respect for Australia. :P
Not only that, but we play it without all the padding your footballers wear. I know no more than that though because I'm not a sporty person. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Douglas Collier

Hlaoroo wrote:That awkward moment when your 5.2kg/11.5lb dog cannons into the back of your legs hard enough to knock them out from underneath you so you end up flat on your back. :P

That awkward moment when you brush past a bush with orange flowers adn end up looking like an Oompah Loompah with a bad spray tan. :P
Douglas Collier wrote:I just gained even more respect for Australia. :P
Not only that, but we play it without all the padding your footballers wear. I know no more than that though because I'm not a sporty person. :P
But aren't the violent hits required for American football against the rules in Australian football? Sort of like comparing infantry fighting to tank battles. :P
Deske

Post by Deske »

From videos of apparently amazing Australian tackles, they don't run into each other. It's more of a grab drag to the ground. Definitely less violent than American football tackles.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So I'd assume they would have less head and brain injuries.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I know NOTHING about sports. I played soccer for 4 years in grade school, and I went to a baseball game or two. I was also forced to play football and hockey in gym, so I slightly know about those. Run to the other end with the ball/puck in all of them.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Oh, we certainly get our fair share of broken bones from football. I've no idea what the rules are concerning helmets but I know that no one wears them.

Aaaanyway, to get back on topic:

That awkward moment when a coworker in the sawmill is trying to tell you a story but you can't hear a word he's saying over the machinery, especially since you're wearing ear plugs, so you just have to nod and pretend you understand.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I do that all the time with my headphones on when I'm working. I only take them off if a library patron needs help.