Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Rubin

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by Rubin »

Zeke gave Trinket a sour look, but decided not to press the subject, yet. "Well, if it doesn't like Charms, then why not take them off?" He tilted his head, and tried to squint past the light scar.
~Rubin
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Kylie walked in behind Melinda, leaving Pifer to talk with the pup. "So what all are you going to do with me?"
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

"Nothing really," Melinda said, leading Kylie over to the second table, "I'm just going to take a look at you, see how you're doing physically. Then, if you're hungry, I'll give you something to eat. Ok?" She pulled out a step and patted the table for Kylie to get on it, moving to grab her things...

-------- In the front... --------
FunkyChickenFace wrote:Matt clunked his head against the desk again, this time due to the shock of the door slamming (jumped and smacked his head coming down). Frank started to doze off in his wheel chair but almost fell out at the slam.
Rikki stormed up to Matt, the fury of his wake making him seem taller, even though Matt was over twice his size. He took a deep breath, raising an accusatory finger and leveling it on Matt, "WHAT THE @#$% WERE YOU THINKING!?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kylie climbed up on the table, dangling her legs off the edge. "Okay... I'm not really all that hungry though..."
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

Matt jumped up, bleary eyed.

"Wut? What are you talking about?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki screamed furiously, Jack and Taku still in shock from his sudden use of profanity, "You gave him a name!?! He's not your @#$-@#$% pet!!"

---- in the back ----
Melinda came back with her supplies, "Alright, lie down for me, and we'll get started..." She set her supplies down on the table.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:" "Yeah, sure, I was feelin' like goin back soon anyway"" Sid said.
"Alright then, lets go." Sam turned and started swimming back to shore.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
FunkyChickenFace

Matt raised an eyebrow.
"So? He needed a name anyway. And I can't just call him 'Pup' the whole time. If he want's to or needs to change it, then change it. What's the big deal?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin nodded to Sam and Sid and looked to Terry, "Come on Terry, let's go see if Ian's alright."
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Terry nodded, following the others out of the water. When he was on the shore, he smiled at them awkwardly, shaking his fur dry. "Erm... Do you guys know the way back?"

--------------------------

Pifer ruffled Darin's headfur, glancing at Kylie and Melinda to make sure everything was alright. Satisfies, he turned back. "You wrestled with them? Heh. Sounds fun." Pifer was silent for a moment as he studied Darin. "So... are you going to stay with them?"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Erin followed them to the shore and shook himself dry. When they were back on land, he stood next to Terry and waited for Sid and Sam's answer.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki was fuming now, "What's the big deal!? You just SCARRED his ENTIRE LIFE, and you're asking me what the BIG DEAL is?! MATT, choosing a name is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT moment of a wolf's life!! He didn't have a name because he isn't considered an adult yet: that was SUPPOSED to be the crowning event, the SACRED RITUAL which marked his adulthood, and you just TOOK that from him, without a care!! What did you name him after anyway?? Some musician he probably hasn't even heard of?!?"
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kylie leans back onto the table, eyeing the supplies. "Uh..."

RP Characters
FunkyChickenFace

Matt sighed. Terrible didn't even begin to describe how he felt.

"Look, I didn't know any of this. If I did, I would never have done such a callous thing. Now I'm gonna go be suicidal in the corner. Is there anything else you want to yell at me about?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Neko wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote: Sid swam to shore, shaking himself dry and putting his collar and jacket back on. "Yea I can lead us back, just follow me." Sid said walking up the hill.
Sam swam to shore and shook herself dry, putting her collar back on. "Ok then, lead the way." She followed Sid up the hill.

--------------

Darin looked to the ground, "I hope not. I wanna go back to my own pack..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Matt sighed. Terrible didn't even begin to describe how he felt.
"Look, I didn't know any of this. If I did, I would never have done such a callous thing. Now I'm gonna go be suicidal in the corner. Is there anything else you want to yell at me about?"
Rikki shook his hands above his head for a second before finally scoffing, "Fine! It's done now! He likes the name and he has no idea what's wrong with it. We'll see if it sticks, and if he likes it, he'll just keep it for his naming ceremony..." He walked over to the window, looking out with a sour face...
Taku stared at his father: he didn't see him react like that very often... He looked up at Matt: why had he given the pup a name? Was he trying to domesticate the pup?
Jack stood there blinking at both of them, unsure of what to say. He'd known of the naming-tradition, but he had no idea how important it had been...

-------- In the back --------
DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:Kylie leans back onto the table, eyeing the supplies. "Uh..."
"Don't worry," Melinda said with a smile, "I'm just gonna take a quick look at you to make sure you're healthy, alright?" She started looking through all of Kylie's fur for parasites or infections...
FunkyChickenFace

Matt sighed. Quietly, he handed the completed paperwork to Jack and trudged out of the building. He went and sat at the base of a pine tree, the branches hiding him from view. Frank followed him in his crutches.
"....we're just two screwed up little idiots, aren't we, Frank?"
"Yep."

They sat that way for awhile, contemplating various methods of bodily self-harm. Would it really be so bad just to die, right now, after ruining two lives forever? Probably not.....
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack looked over at Rikki, then back at the exiting man and his cat. He sighed. He opened the door to the front office and set the paperwork inside before walking back out to talk to them. He looked around and saw them moping by a tree. He walked over, "Hey... Listen... Don't worry about Rikki, he'll get over it soon... You didn't mean to do that..."

---- Back inside ----
Rikki heard him behind him, but didn't care. Taku stayed where he was too, watching it all, feeling uncomfortable from the way he'd just seen his father. Rikki stood there for a while before turning around and noticing his son. He stood staring at him for a second before walking over to him, speaking softly, "Hey Taku... I'm sorry you had to see that..."
Taku looked back, unsure of what to say...
Rikki climbed up on the couch next to him, putting an arm over his shoulder to hold him, "How're you doing anyway? It must be hard, not being able to say anything..."
Taku looked at his father, You have no idea...
Rikki sighed, pulling Taku over so he was lying up against him, "Listen... I know it's been hard for you and all that, don't worry, you should be fine soon enough... You just have to wait for everything to heal..." He stroked the fur on his son's back...
Taku sighed, closing his eyes and snuggling into his father's chest like he did when he was a child...
"Yeah... you tired? I think we could both use some rest..."
Taku snuggled in more, sighing again...
"Alright Taku... I love you..."
I love you too dad...
They both drifted off to sleep...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
FunkyChickenFace

Matt grunted. Frank fell sideways, tears trickling down his face.
"What do you mean? I mean, I've ruined a life, haven't I? Does it matter if he get's over it? It's D-no. it's the wolf pup I have to worry about now. About how I've completely screwed him over...." Matt sighed again. Frank sniffled.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack sighed, "Look... I know Rikki thinks this is a big deal, but it's not like you actually 'ruined his life'... I'm sure he'll be just fine as he is, like Rikki said... You know? You're the one who saved him in the first place, right? No harm done in the long run..." He moved to sit down next to them...
DarkHeartsAndSuch

"Okay," Kylie sighed as she laid her head back on the table. She giggled a little as Melinda searched through her fur. "Heh, that tickles."

RP Characters
FunkyChickenFace

Matt raised an eyebrow. "Doubtful."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack sat down and sighed again, "Look, I'm sure everything will be fine... Darin likes the name you gave him, he likes you... I'm sure Rikki will forgive you, if he hasn't already..."

-------- Inside --------
Melinda smiled: Kylie was more cooperative than Pifer had been... "So, Kylie, how have you been feeling?" She finished searching her fur and started Poking her in various places.
FunkyChickenFace

Matt frowned.
"Rikki's not the point. The point is whether... the pup will be accepted by his pack, if he returns to his pack. More importantly, what if the name screws him over when he's older? What if he tries to get a mate and he's soundly rejected for having a weird name?! What if he ends up dying cold and alone because I FRIGGEN GAVE HIM A NAME?!!!" Matt dropped his head with a sigh, tears trickling down his nose as he clutched his head, distraught.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack reached behind Matt and patted him on the back, "I'm sure he'll be fine..." He trailed off a bit, remembering, "He's... not actually going back to the wild... I just got a message while I was alone at the computer... Apparently his pack has been moved to the new Zoo they just made in town... So... None of it really matters anymore..." He sighed, trailing off into space...
FunkyChickenFace

"WHAT?!" shouted Matt, springing up and cracking his head against a branch. He sat back down with a groan. "Oh God save me, I have to explain to his parents now...."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack sighed, "Well, I wouldn't worry about that... They'll probably just be happy that you saved him... Like Rikki said, it's not like he can't just go through with the tradition on his own and use the name if he likes it..."
FunkyChickenFace

Matt was stifling his tears by this point.
"We don't know ANYTHING about this ritual!! HOW can we assume ANYTHING?!! WE CANNOT!!! WE can only WATCH and WAIT and see what happens!!! Which, by the way, tends to be the worst case scenario. Every time.
Meanwhile, Frank moved his head out of the puddle he'd made.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack put his hand over Matt's back, shaking him a bit, "Well, then there's not much we can do now, so why worry at all? I'm sure we can fix this, everything will work out in the end... Just wait and see..."
FunkyChickenFace

Matt dissolved into a puddle of sobs, shaking uncontrollably as he weeped into his hands, tears dripping down.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack sighed, patting him on the back, "Look, it's ok... Don't worry about it..."
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FunkyChickenFace

Matt managed to calm down.
"Sorry," he sniffed. "For troubling you. I usually just sit in my bed and read a book when I'm depressed...."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Jack sighed, patting Matt on the back more, "It's ok... Don't mention it... Everyone needs some time every once in a while... Hey," He squeezed Matt's shoulder again, "Don't worry about it, like I said: it'll all work out. You'll see..."
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Terry glanced at Erin, grabbing the dog's hand as he followed the other two up the hill. "So," He started as he fell into step behind them, "How long have you guys lived in Brookshire?"

-----------------------

Pifer gave a small smile. ruffling the wolf pup's headfur again. "I know how you feel, little one." He dropped to a crouch in front of Darin, so they were eye-level. "So... What'd they think of your name?" He said tenderly, not wanting to upset the pup.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Dr. Prower wrote:
thrasherblades wrote: Enya smiled as he gobbled down his meal. "Here you should try this too!" Enya said, giving him the roll.
Jacob took a bite of the roll and smiled. "You really know how to pick good stuff to eat, Enya."
"Well but of course I do..." Enya said, giggling. "Hey Jacob, that gold bracelet looks really good on you. You wanna add some jewels to it later or something. OH I KNOW! I can pick out some for your collar!!!" Enya said.

Zander wrote:
"Uhh.. okay.." Joy said, trying to find some way to aim. she pointed the gun in the general direction of the target and pulled the trigger, the gun recoiled at the loud burst, again the stand taking most of the impact.
"Well well well, would ya look at that..." Shep said, ruffling his own head fur. "A headshot! My good luck charm really works!"
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Neko

Post by Neko »

"My name?" Darin paused and looked to the ground. "I dunno, they didn't say anything. The two older pups were excited and Rikki seemed fine about it though..." He was thinking now, wondering again why Caesar and Rikki had walked away before. Rikki seemed fine with it though...So I guess it's ok.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Pifer gave Darin a curious look, then put his hand on the pup's shoulder. "Forget I said anything." He gave Darin an affectionate pat. "What were you and rikki up to before you came here." He asked, looking back to the door Rikki had gone to.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

thrasherblades wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote:
thrasherblades wrote: Enya smiled as he gobbled down his meal. "Here you should try this too!" Enya said, giving him the roll.
Jacob took a bite of the roll and smiled. "You really know how to pick good stuff to eat, Enya."
"Well but of course I do..." Enya said, giggling. "Hey Jacob, that gold bracelet looks really good on you. You wanna add some jewels to it later or something. OH I KNOW! I can pick out some for your collar!!!" Enya said.
Jacob smiled. "Okay, sure, why not! Just don't make it look too girly, okay? I want bling, not jewelry, m'kay, sweetie?"
Last edited by Dr. Prower on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Zander

Post by Zander »

thrasherblades wrote: "Well well well, would ya look at that..." Shep said, ruffling his own head fur. "A headshot! My good luck charm really works!"
Joy pulled away from the gun, she looked at the target, letting out a small laugh which could be interpreted as a chuckle. "I guess it does work." Joy said, turning to Shep.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

JOFOXX wrote:Pifer gave Darin a curious look, then put his hand on the pup's shoulder. "Forget I said anything." He gave Darin an affectionate pat. "What were you and rikki up to before you came here." He asked, looking back to the door Rikki had gone to.
"We only went to the wolf pack and came back here...Oh! We raced to the station but Rikki is really fast!"
Last edited by Neko on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.