Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Well I'm glad things are turning out alright for your sister, Kitch. I just hope she can handle two kids; that's quite the responsibility, especially if she works!

Sorrow: Another Guest Week, another inevitable missed opportunity. :roll: Being lazy is nice and all until you're too lazy to do the fun stuff.

Ambivalent: I've been considering alternative schooling for a little bit, because I feel that in public school I cannot perform at my best. Unschooling looks the most attractive (since it's the most specialized and free of any of the options, and I work well when I can specialize on things that interest me) but convincing my parents to do something like that looks like a hopeless bet. I'm also unsure of the college options for unschooled people- they look quite limited at first glance, but I might have to look deeper into it.

Sorrow: Despite the entire point of this consideration being to get away from at least many of the restrictions that the government curriculum forces on me (especially the horrific core classes, and the compulsory aspect) my mom insists that I go with an online school, which doesn't look very different from just staying in public school.

Sorrow: If I were to leave public school I'd probably have to abandon my Chinese studies, since I'm pretty sure the school wouldn't let me stay for just one class. If that's the case, I sure hope Rosetta Stone counts as a comprehensive curriculum. :lol:
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Joy: It's snowing! :shock: That's a really big deal, considering I live in the South.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Douglas Collier wrote:Joy: It's snowing! :shock: That's a really big deal, considering I live in the South.
It is snowing here too :D
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I wish it was snowing here...
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorrow My oldest cat died.
Sorrow: They are cutting my hours at work
Joy: I am still working.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Despite what the weather said a couple of days ago, its snowing.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I'm so sorry to hear that, trekkie.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm also very sorry for your loss trekkie. I hope you can get through it.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: So much snacks and cake to eat and so many games to play.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
ArcFlight

Post by ArcFlight »

Joy: Came back before the 1,000th strip!
Sorrow: My ISP was/is determined to prevent any browsing.
Joy: Started snowing.
Sorrow: Stopped snowing a couple of minutes later.
Image Image
ɑːk flʌɪt - Posts more nauseating than the Vomit Comet
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorrow: Anxiety has had me in and out of the hospital recently. I was experiencing an array of serious symptoms (trouble breathing, pain all around my chest and abdominal, dizziness, nausea, tightening esophagus and more) that, apparently are nothing because I'm completely healthy. They did a wide range of test to prove it. It's all psychosomatic from anxiety.
Meh: My friend talked me into seeing a therapist about it. I'm also going to change my diet and go back to meditation.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Ouch. That was me, a bit more than a year ago. Text me if you need reassurance you're physically OK. *hugs*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

*hugs* I take you up on that if I need to!
I didn't think you were feeling this much pain D:
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I literally thought I was dying for a couple months. I went to the ED six times with different stroke or cardiac symptoms, had numerous chest x-rays, EKGs, blood and urine labs, a cardiac stress test, and an echocardiogram. A cardiologist said my heart's in great shape and my general physician took me off my unnecessary antacids and proton pump inhibitor and prescribed an SSRI, which was actually really effective.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

I'm going to first try some lifestyle changes before I make a leap to SSRIs. I have tried SSRIs in the past and they eventually led to a problem with generalized anxiety. One major reason that I'll be seeing a therapist is to discuss what could have led up to this (I've been anxiety free since 2012).

My sleep schedule could have something to do with it (which it will change in a few days.) Ever since I have been sleeping from 9am-3pm I haven't been getting out much.
Deske

Post by Deske »

When did evolution think it was a good idea to let our mind cause legitimate harm to our bodies when we get anxious or nervous...
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

I have similar anxiety things sometimes.

Joy: Microprocessors exam went well I think.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: The sun finally came out.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: The snow melted and stopped why too soon.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: It's kinda nice out!

Sorrow: No snow. :(
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: My mom is still sick. It's already been a week since she's taking her medicine and she hasn't gotten that much better.
Joy/???: Our computer just suddenly gained 5 GB of free space. I don't know how this happened, and I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

As a computer tech, I wouldn't exactly call spontaneously gaining 5 GB of free space as a joy. :?

Annoyance: That illness/sore throat became an upper respiratory infection. I'm on a Z-pack now. Feeling better in general, but still have that annoyingly frequent cough.
Douglas Collier

Joy: Found out I didn't need to go in to work this morning (I went in yesterday evening/night and my back is killing me).
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Douglas Collier wrote:Joy: Found out I didn't need to go in to work this morning (I went in yesterday evening/night and my back is killing me).
Ehehehe, you'll get used to it. Your back muscles will gain a work out and become strong. Then you will be able to rush about doing whatever you need.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Douglas Collier wrote:Joy: Found out I didn't need to go in to work this morning (I went in yesterday evening/night and my back is killing me).
Sorry to hear about that.
Is your back hurting from work? If so, I can relate.

Sorrow: My job is rough. I don't know, but I think it has led to this physical anxiety or maybe ulcers. I may just be paranoid...
Joy: I'll should know something by the end of the week.
Joy: School starts on Tuesday and I'm going to have a really easy weekend.
Douglas Collier

Kitela wrote:
Sorry to hear about that.
Is your back hurting from work? If so, I can relate.
Yep. I unloaded 5 rolltainers of food, a big portion of it being boxes of canned food or bottled drinks. XP
I'll get better, though (I hope). ^^;
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Try stretching before work.

I know I pushed myself over the summer. I had to take on a job of moving furniture and packages over weight limit across the warehouse. I found that resting and eating after work helped alleviate pain.

Jobs that require lifting do pay off like Deske said, that's for sure.
Douglas Collier

Hehe. Stretching is hard for me - I'm a corgi, not a whippet. XD
I'll try it, though.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy: I went for a run today.
Joy: I found a lost phone at the park I went to run at.
Joy: I managed to use Siri to get a hold of the daughter of the owner of the phone.
Joy: I am meeting the owners at 6:45 in front of a Walmart.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Take care of your back, Doug. Damaged that and you're pretty much screwed. Learn to lift safely if you haven't already and if you're not confident of lifting something easily then get help. I know you probably know that already but seriously, back issues are the worst. They can limit your activity for life so don't go hurting yourself for the sake of making your manager happy.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Joy: After having so much fun on New Years with my band and my boyfriend (7 of us total) binge watching Stargate SG-1, we are doing it again tonight. We are going to binge watch How I Met Your Mother, which I've been told is a funny show, but I have not seen before.

Joy: Most of them went out to get the pizzas, so I got to use the shower first (hot shower=happiness).

Sorrow: At some point during the day, one of them thought it would be funny to hide my hairbrush.

Joy: Since my hairbrush was hidden, I can change my hair style for the night :D
Photo on 1-17-15 at 6.44 PM #2.jpg
Photo on 1-17-15 at 6.44 PM #2.jpg (127.93 KiB) Viewed 8823 times
Hlaoroo wrote:Take care of your back, Doug. Damaged that and you're pretty much screwed. Learn to lift safely if you haven't already and if you're not confident of lifting something easily then get help. I know you probably know that already but seriously, back issues are the worst. They can limit your activity for life so don't go hurting yourself for the sake of making your manager happy.
I'd definitely take Hlaoroo's advice Douglas; I used to help people move furniture (I wasn't old enough for a regular job, so this was how I got money) and I didn't know I had to stretch or what my body's limits were. I have many joint pains in my knees and elbows now and my back is kind of messed up (I was helping someone move their couch when I hurt my back. That was two years ago and it still hurts every day).
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Yeah, lift with your knees and try not to pick up anything too heavy or something light many times quickly. You will either just hurt your back on a heavy load due to posture or suffer repetitive strain injury. Neither of those are fun. :?
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Joy: Just finished traveling around again.
Sorrow: Did a bunch of speeches and now my throat is in pain
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Little Sorrow: I feel kinda sick. I think I might be coming down with something, which sucks cause...
Little Bigger Sorrow: I have classes again starting tomorrow. It's only the second/third week of the term, I can't get absent in classes already.
Big Sorrow: It turns out one of the classes I've enrolled in have been "dissolved", which I didn't find out until just a week ago. Now I either have to get a refund for it, or go to my Academic Adviser to talk about it. And I couldn't get it done sooner with the Pope visiting our country and all.
Little Joy: Because of ^, I only have two classes to go to on Tuesdays.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Sorrow. Feel sick. Coughing. Throat hurts. Ouch.

Flu season Ohno
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorry for everybody who's sick or who hurt their throat. At least we have medicines that can take care of that.
Sorrow: Mine does too. Though it's gotten better since yesterday.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

For me at least, I've found that a sore throat usually precedes an upper respiratory infection. The last three times that's happened to me (including the current one), I was put on a Z-pack (azithromycin).

That's why examination by a doctor is important. URI and the flu are totally different animals. URI is bacterial, and flu and cold are viral.
Douglas Collier

Joy: My second day at the cash register was great! :D My feet held out longer than last time and I'm not as worn out. :)
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Douglas Collier wrote:Joy: My second day at the cash register was great! :D My feet held out longer than last time and I'm not as worn out. :)
Great to hear, Doug! Is your back feeling any better?

Joy: First day of school went great!
Joy: My anxiety death symptoms have subsided, for now.
Thanks to those who have helped in one way or another.
Sorrow: My boss used reverse logic to tell me that he wasn't going to move me to another position. I asked because the one I currently have is too stressful.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Joy: Going camping! Again!

Sorrow: Won't be here for a while... :(
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson