The Not-So Dynamic Duo

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

dryideabat

Re: The Not-So Dynamic Duo

Post by dryideabat »

valerio wrote:we can wait. I could help King shoveling pete around, in the meantime. May I, may I, May Pweeeease?
Certainly. I'd be interested to see what you and others have in mind as to what King would do if such a scenario arose. As always, I'm open to suggestions.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In exchange for his help, Pete has to be Kingley's servant for a little while.

My how the tide has changed.

8-)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Pete has no snowball chance in hell to convince King. The gryphon has lied, manipulated, caused pain, separated King and Bailey, threatened, and did all horrible things to win a petty game with his sister. King has absolutely no reason to believe Pete, no matter what Pete could say or do. And if pleads came to threats, King would only be more and more convinced that he was right.
Pete cannot do anything anyway, King's choice sealed his own fate to who he is now.
The only one who could convince King and Bailey to help Pete is Cerberus, the gryphon's former girlfriend.
Karl

Post by Karl »

As long as you have Dog Biscuits at hand, no dog will resist.
I'm a bookworm!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But hey, if Pete is on his own, there is a whole block of pets who DON'T know him he can go to and beg for help.

:lol:
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

valerio wrote:Pete has no snowball chance in hell to convince King. The gryphon has lied, manipulated, caused pain, separated King and Bailey, threatened, and did all horrible things to win a petty game with his sister. King has absolutely no reason to believe Pete, no matter what Pete could say or do. And if pleads came to threats, King would only be more and more convinced that he was right.
Pete cannot do anything anyway, King's choice sealed his own fate to who he is now.
The only one who could convince King and Bailey to help Pete is Cerberus, the gryphon's former girlfriend.
I couldn't agree more... And I would imagine that she could smell when he's lying (being a three-headed dog from hades and his ex). I was originally going to have King call animal control and have Pete locked-up in a cage, but then I remembered that Cerberus can teleport and would probably instantly rush to the scene upon sensing Pete's return.

Anyway, thanks for waiting...

Alternate Text: I realized after drawing this that the shadowy figure behind Pete kind of looks like the black suit spiderman. Oh well, battle of the Pete's, I suppose.
Attachments
The Most Hazardous Sport.jpg
The Most Hazardous Sport.jpg (153.09 KiB) Viewed 24730 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And things have just gotten real. Real fast.
valerio

Post by valerio »

1) Pete is lying
2) "Mr. Robinson"? *KWANG*
3) Back into detention
4) I would add that, in support of point 1: How could a supposedly extra powerful paranoid chimera NOT to keep track of Pete? i mean, as if they'd let the 'backstabber' free to roam on earth and talk to anyone without Homer knowing? Nah!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:1) Pete is lying
valerio wrote:How could a supposedly extra powerful paranoid chimera NOT to keep track of Pete? i mean, as if they'd let the 'backstabber' free to roam on earth and talk to anyone without Homer knowing? Nah!
well, this is obviously a trap of some sort. But he's just a pawn, since it was obvious that he wasn't too fond of homer anymore back when they were talking.
yes, he's a jerk, but Homer's an insane jerk. Whatever their planning, Pete is probably only going along with it so they didn't go after Dragon.
he'll of course still accept the benefit they promised him.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

valerio wrote:1) Pete is lying
valerio wrote:How could a supposedly extra powerful paranoid chimera NOT to keep track of Pete? i mean, as if they'd let the 'backstabber' free to roam on earth and talk to anyone without Homer knowing? Nah!
dryideabat wrote:I apologize to those who might be waiting, but it's probably going to be at least another week before I finish the next strip (more exams and all). But you needn't worry, cause (spoiler alert) things will happen for reasons... Pete is not getting off so easily... Ever read The Most Dangerous Game? Instead of an island it's the world, instead of a man being hunted it's a fallen demi-god, and instead of a crazy aristocrat it's Homer's avatar (who he will activate in three days... A resident in Babylon Gardens who is a descendant of someone Homer helped/championed long ago). But is this just the tip of the iceberg? Yes... that is the plan... But seriously, what did Pete ever do to deserve such animosity?... (*bursts-out laughing*)
Based on the spoiler there, I'd say Pete is telling the truth. I mean seriously, he's a jerk, but he was done with the game and King until Homer pulled him out of his mortal form and brought him back here. What's he got to gain by just going back to torment King? :?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Pete has been outwitted and defeated by King. King humiliated him. Basically, that same mortal who Pete had chosen as puppet bit him back and hard. A MASSIVE jerk such as Pete would even side with Homer and make sure that Dragon stood out of the way in order to inflict revenge against King.
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

I think that Pete could be lying, but why would he? I don't think that he would want to lie in this situation, but it is definitely a possibility. I guess we have to wait and see.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Lets start speculating on the avatar. I don't think its King, Bailey or Fox. Maybe Grape since once upon a time Pete wanted her for an avatar.
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

I'm going to guess that its going to be Heidi. Why you may ask? I have no idea. I just think that's whats going to happen. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Haven't they been through enough? One is a human and another is gonna be an avatar for a psychotic chimera? That's piling it on.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Yeah Valerio, Pete deserves another shovel bump just to have called King in that way. :P Apparently Pete is really lying, or else, he's insinuating that about Homer. This avatar Pete is talking about should be Heidi, because of the box she indispensably got, where Homer was prisoner. Maybe Homer thought long time before to use she as his avatar, one day... Also, the transformation that Homer did to Holly should get an explaining, it seems part of his plans...
Just waiting now, it's not necessary continue to try to guess. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Geez, its looking like the Not-So Dynamic Duo's life is gonna start sucking more than King's did. Can there BE anymore ways to torment them?
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Thank you all for viewing thus far. I promise that all shall be revealed in time. However, there are a few more things I have to do over the next couple of weeks, such that things will probably continue to develop slowly... In the meantime, here are a couple of deleted scenes that I've been hanging on to. The second of which I am tempted to actually color/include some time... because nothing beats a good old-fashioned pie fight escalating from one simple misunderstanding (nyuk nyuk nyuk).
Attachments
D3 The Great Pie Fight of 2014.jpg
D3 The Great Pie Fight of 2014.jpg (149.69 KiB) Viewed 24615 times
D2 BUUURNED.jpg
D2 BUUURNED.jpg (226.89 KiB) Viewed 24615 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

muffins and cookies you should have included Kevin being hit in the face with a pie. xD Oh well.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:muffins and cookies you should have included Kevin being hit in the face with a pie. xD Oh well.

Hey, why not?...
Kevin: "Stop, or you're all under-!" *Splat*

I decided to add this little non-sequitur of a strip after all. Don't worry, I'll get back on track soon with the main story.

Alternate Text: Fox: "Is it because you thought you were suppose to 'pound' it or that you thought it came from the dog pound and might be poison?" Heidi: "Neither; it's because I'm on a diet and need to get rid of a few pounds."
Attachments
The Great Pie Fight of 2014(1).jpg
The Great Pie Fight of 2014(1).jpg (129.5 KiB) Viewed 24552 times
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Very nice and funny. :D Was really Fox the receiver of the blind date? It was really blind... :shock: No, Fox, don't stay with Heidi, she's worse than Sasha, and now you can see it by yourself... :P Great expression for Kevin, he can't escape from flying incoming cakes. :P And, where there are cakes, the other Daryl isn't missed. :lol:
This strip could be collocated between the 21st and the 22nd because of the ambient in the first panel, and Heidi still has a broom with her (is she attempting to imitate Grape? :P).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Ha! I just love it when Kevin gets hit in the face with desserts!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Kevin got his just desserts! *brick'd*
But seriously, thank you thank you thank you for the comic. Already translated and properly punned, AT included. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Don't worry Kevin. Elena will take care of you.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Cesco wrote:Very nice and funny. :D Was really Fox the receiver of the blind date? It was really blind... :shock: No, Fox, don't stay with Heidi, she's worse than Sasha, and now you can see it by yourself...
Yeah, I'm not sure what King ("the corgi-guy") was thinking by arranging this. I guess he was just desperate to help Fox find someone (anyone)... Fox, ready the super-soaker; there's a king that needs dethroning.

Anyway, this next one seemed like a good idea a couple of months ago (one of those things that sounds cooler in your head). As always, I'm open to suggestions, like what would King ask of Pete to prove himself truthful. Regardless of what Cerberus said, I imagine that King would struggle to trust anything Pete says and be unwilling to help.

Alternate Text: Here's what Douglas Adams' dog/cat would have done.
Attachments
Best Laid Plans of Lions and Goats... and Snakes.jpg
Best Laid Plans of Lions and Goats... and Snakes.jpg (160.59 KiB) Viewed 24441 times
Last edited by dryideabat on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wait a second, if all Pete had done would be reversed, does that mean King goes back to being Joel?
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Wait a second, if all Pete had done would be reversed, does that mean King goes back to being Joel?
Yeah, as I said, it sounded cooler in my head a while back but now seems like the worse plot device ever. Granted, it would give King a strong reason to help his former tormentor, but now I think that the idea of having three more cosmic jerks in place of one is more than enough incentive. I may just change that whole bit... Oh well, best laid plans I guess.

Anyway, here's the next part...

Alternate Text: I take it if you weren't so lazy and out of shape, you'd just flap your wings and fly there yourself.
Attachments
I Just Want to Fly.jpg
I Just Want to Fly.jpg (211.97 KiB) Viewed 24344 times
Last edited by dryideabat on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Uh-Oh. Pete is in trouble.

I never noticed how buff he looks until now. Must be your art style.

DRAW ME KEVIN! :twisted:
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Uh-Oh. Pete is in trouble.

I never noticed how buff he looks until now. Must be your art style.

DRAW ME KEVIN! :twisted:
All in due time... But yeah, that is kind of my art style sneaking-in. It's a bit anime-like. Though, to me, Pete looked pretty muscular in his large form; a glistening blue hunk. I guess you can say his appearance here is stuck between that and his casual form.

I thank you all for your support and input thus far. This is my first (and hopefully not last) fanfic and I've been enjoying myself (at your expense... Don't quit your day job bats :lol: ). Seriously, this is a fun little hobby that I'm hoping to get better at. Now I'll have a week to enjoy it even more :) .

Anyways, here's another strip. Don't worry, it's an important little detour in the grand scheme of things and I'll get back to what King has in store for his former tormentor. I'll try to organize these into chapters in time, since this is becoming a saga even longer than I initially anticipated.

Alternate Text: Wow, Heidi really has a balanced personality.
Attachments
Another Guess Star.jpg
Another Guess Star.jpg (70.22 KiB) Viewed 24279 times
Last edited by dryideabat on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Here's a sadistic idea: but Heidi, Sasha and Daisy in a room together along with somebody who deserves torture. Full times for all! :twisted:
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

What I have in store for Pete is not as harsh, but amusing nonetheless. Here's a little preview that I will try to color/update in a week. My scanner at home is old and currently has some color/contrast issues...

I felt that this needed to be done, because I can just picture Peter Griffin from Family Guy seeing Pete walk down the street and mistaking him for his arch nemesis: the giant chicken.

Oh, and I forgot the alternate text: It's electric! Boogie woogie woogie!
Attachments
Shock Buster.jpg
Shock Buster.jpg (209.72 KiB) Viewed 24015 times
Last edited by dryideabat on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

I try my best to read this comic,
but the pictures are way too amusing.

These are good things!
Just an Arc
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Mmmm mmm mm. Fried chicken. Or Gryphon in this case. Can't wait to see this colored.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Sorry to keep those reading this series waiting. (I know I sound like a broken record, but) I sincerely thank you all for your encouragement, patience, and kind/critical feedback. I'll try to have the last entry fully-colored and posted sometime next week.
In addition to work and school starting again, I'm now faced with a number of personal problems. Things have taken a bit of a turn for my family to the point that I may not have any more free time. It's gotten to the point where it has negatively affected both my regular work and my art (however sub-mediocre the latter might have been a priori). I already have the story more or less figured-out, to the point that I'm tempted just to post it in written form with some storyboard sketches (barring any objections).
Anyway, to at least show that I'm faithful, here's one more entry that I will also attempt to finish coloring soon. The 2nd/3rd panels are colored because I was originally going to have them in "Guess Star," which I made when I had a scanner with better color, but cut/pasted them over to this one... My only excuse for Antonio having to ring the doorbell is that Mark forgot to give him a key to the house.
Attachments
Cruel Fate.jpg
Cruel Fate.jpg (137.94 KiB) Viewed 23926 times
Last edited by dryideabat on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh great, now I'm all depressed. They're gonna be orphans! :(

Glad you took the advice I gave you about them calling Antonio "daddy".
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I smell a deal coming.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Maybe not. There might be some twists within this tale yet!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Maybe not. There might be some twists within this tale yet!
...or will there be?...

M. Night Shyamalan: *Gasp* "No twists?!... What a twist!!"

I finally colored and re-posted one of the last strips; the one where Pete is dressed-up like a giant chicken... I'll try and get the other one finished soon (Not sure when, but soon). I'm starting to lean more toward just placing everything in written form along side a few pictures; with my schedule as is for the next 4-5 years, I probably won't get to the ending until I'm 110 years-old... Okay, I exaggerate, but just sayin'.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you do have to do that, I demand that you post a Pete banana cream pie in the face first!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

This is awesome!
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)