2014/11/26 - No Time For Playing

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dissension

2014/11/26 - No Time For Playing

Post by Dissension »

[ No Time For Playing ]

Title Text: You'd think we'd have seen it coming with the big open field and all

Snorf.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Douglas Collier

Re: 2014/11/26 - No Time For Playing

Post by Douglas Collier »

Xane wrote:AAAH A WEEPING ANGEL wait it's still moving EVEN WORSE!
And we're not entirely sure it will just send you back in time!
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Don´t you hate when that happens ?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Gargoyle trap? well as long as Walter Peck doesn't want the trap open, it should work ;) Snorf is now my favorite word :lol: Now the question remains: Is Jess playing dead or did she pass out from fear? OR did she pass out because she fell in love with the gargoyleplease don't hurt me?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Completely forgot it was Wednesday today.

*gives a cracker to everyone who thought the gargoyles would play into this*
Just an Arc
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

I kinda get the feeling here that the main story will be Zach, Keene and Jessica going into the Temple or something to shutdown/capture the Gargoyles and Cory will just be the comedic end or something and not really be that big of a deal. Which means if it draws out this story and the semi shipping tension as well I am on board this train driven by the possible teasing from Keene to come in the future.
Prof

Post by Prof »

Well, it seems our resident skeptic just realized there's magic in the world after all.

... And she didn't take kindly to it :roll:
Drop in and stroll around: My gallery

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Reality hits you hard, girl. Watch her wake up, see it's not there, and believe it to a dream.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The newest species out round here
is the wild, wandering, gargoyle.
Be careful that you don't find one
or Earth may not be the only soil.
Of all the mad things Jess has to see,
this one finds her stuck in a trap.
Of all the reactions she'll regret
most the one ending in Zach's lap.
This, for him, is normal; no panic.
He's back on what he calls safe ground.
He'll carry her off as best he can;
Hell try and keep her safe and sound.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Prof

Post by Prof »

On a second thought, another cage opener just arrived, jay! ^_^u

EDIT: Also, I'm stunned how fast Welshie pulled this amazing poem together :shock:
Drop in and stroll around: My gallery

Douglas Collier

I think you got the wrong size cage Keene - it could probably protect two from the gargoyle, but three's a crowd. :P

It's nice to see Jessica's beginning to wake up to the whole "mythical beings are real" idea... though perhaps "wake up" wouldn't be the best way to put it. I don't think her mind was quite ready for that much proof just then. :lol:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

It's fine, guys, Gargoyles aren't a huge deal. Just wait till morning, then they'll freeze in place.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

You said it Zach.
Finally book 5.
I like how casual Keene is in the second panel.
Last edited by IdleCurator on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi Hi Pie
Douglas Collier

I'm guessing that Zach will be able to control the gargoyle. Otherwise they're pretty much doomed.
(That is, unless we're just misjudging the gargoyle's intentions - perhaps he was just going to break them out of the cage? Yeah, I'm sure that's it...)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

At least we got to see Zach catch her oh so gallantly.
valerio

Post by valerio »

usually, the skeptical ones becomes the leaders of a religious movement.
Poor Zach :roll:
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

This is the part where the get hit by a curveball.
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Snorf.....is that the opposite of Snarf?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

I burst out laughing when Jessica instinctively played dead. I think her and Zach are perfect for each other.

Also noting that she's some sort of Flat-Earth-Atheist: the supernatural beings clearly exist, but she's disbelieving at every turn.
Douglas Collier wrote:I'm guessing that Zach will be able to control the gargoyle. Otherwise they're pretty much doomed.
(That is, unless we're just misjudging the gargoyle's intentions - perhaps he was just going to break them out of the cage? Yeah, I'm sure that's it...)
Part of me expects the next strip to have the gargoyle lick Keene and hand him a stick. The idea of control of the Gargoyles somehow defaulting to Zach, the prophet, now that the god and his avatar are gone also occurred to me. It would certainly screw with Jessica.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

When I first saw this strip the I mistook Keenes ear muffs for a Rudolf nose on the gargoyle in the third panel.
Hi Hi Pie
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

Second time this week that someone/something has appeared out of nowhere. This forest is just full of surprises.

Also yay that book 5 is out! I'm gonna wait for Amazon, makes buying it easier for me. ^^
Argent

Post by Argent »

Yeh, there's a reason they call it "playing possum". It actually works pretty well against our world's predators, but I don't think it would work so well in the Housepets! universe. Even the gargoyles aren't that naive.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Panel one Keene with bar of soap.

Well, only if it was a bar of soap. Because Zach and Jess are in desperate need of cleaning.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
bug1

Post by bug1 »

If anyone remembers this there was a gargoyle in Petes temple (That we only saw once mind you) that stocked our friends while they were in there. So my hypothesis is this, because Pete has been turned human, that gargoyle and his friends are free to roam the woods as they see fit or perhaps find Zach. :?: :ugeek:
Troll on people Troll on!! :D
Argent

Post by Argent »

bug1 wrote:If anyone remembers this there was a gargoyle in Petes temple (That we only saw once mind you) that stocked our friends while they were in there. So my hypothesis is this, because Pete has been turned human, that gargoyle and his friends are free to roam the woods as they see fit or perhaps find Zach. :?: :ugeek:
Like this?

Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Douglas Collier

Play dead. Good Jess.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

bug1 wrote:If anyone remembers this there was a gargoyle in Petes temple (That we only saw once mind you) that stocked our friends while they were in there. So my hypothesis is this, because Pete has been turned human, that gargoyle and his friends are free to roam the woods as they see fit or perhaps find Zach. :?: :ugeek:
Just a small correction, Dragon and Pete turned MORTAL not exactly HUMAN, and since the cosmic nerds only used animals as avatars (Joel being turned into an animal) it would be more logical for them to be turned into animals as one would assume Rick would bring them back one day in some distant future and humans wouldn't work as well as pets/ferals. Everything else I do agree with though as I think that's what we are being led to believe.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Oh, so the cage was Keene's.

This is the type of stuff you would have to get used to if you were in a relationship with Zach, Jess. :D
Xane wrote:AAAH A WEEPING ANGEL wait it's still moving EVEN WORSE!
No, I would rather stay in my own time, thank you.
SeanWolf wrote:Gargoyle trap? well as long as Walter Peck doesn't want the trap open, it should work ;) Snorf is now my favorite word :lol: Now the question remains: Is Jess playing dead or did she pass out from fear? OR did she pass out because she fell in love with the gargoyleplease don't hurt me?
Jess is probably confused weather to love the Gargoyle or Zach. This is why she fainted. She is not playing dead, her emotions just got the best of her.
This is normally the part where I get hurt...
Number9Dysonsphere wrote:When I first saw this strip the I mistook Keenes ear muffs for a Rudolf nose on the gargoyle in the third panel.
YES! I feel much better knowing that I wasn't the only one. :D
Xane wrote:It's more likely that they're human because Kitsune said a "minimum" of 60 years, pets only live to about 40-ish.

I think it's high time for something (but nothing too bad) to happen to Keene, especially after the (Jata) wedding trick, his uppance really should come sooner than later. Maybe not totally eaten by the gargoyle, just thoroughly chewed. :twisted:
Now we don't know what a demigod would do. Yes, that may be the true span, but Kitsune could just tweak that for Pete and Dragon, just to see what happens.
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

Awwwwww...he just wants some snorfages https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmoqooNhQ0
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

I wonder if Jess played possum intentionally or if that was just some kind of unwanted reflex :?:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:I wonder if Jess played possum intentionally or if that was just some kind of unwanted reflex :?:
I think she fainted. All her beliefs just exploded in her face...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Who would've thought Jessica is a scaredy possum. :lol:
AstroOtter

Post by AstroOtter »

Jessica's expression in that last panel is just what I'm going to look like after Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. :shock:
Creature of chaos with long slender body, heavy tail, and clever hands. I am to water as a dragon is to fire. And I'm adorable.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

So the cage is yours, Keene, to catch those gargoyles (couldn't Karishad still try to do that? :P)... Keene must be so really famous to be known by a creature of the woods. I love when Jessica talks in that way. ;) Oh, one of the gargoyles is there: and now, Keene? How can you open the cage? :? Call your bodyguard wolves! And Jessica fainted and it's playing dead, usual instinct of a possum. ;) Great funny end, well said, Zach. :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Jessica is gonna have a real hard time trying to figure this all out when she wakes up.
exranio

Post by exranio »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be saying it, but does anyone else feel like the comic is sliding into a jojo act-esque format. Like theres no way of knowing if all this Zach stuff will continue beyond this arc. But the way it feels to me right now is like this.

Act 1 is Peanut and Grape. Mostly focusing on their relationship and random eventures until some of the cosmic stuff starts happening more and leads into releasing Pete and dating tarot. Which allows for...

Act 2 which is King and Fox's story (while grape and peanut were still a decent part of all the "cosmic nerd" stuff it mostly revolved around him with them being like supporting cast) where King deals with cosmic suffering being thrown at him until he fights back with Fox to keep him grounded.

and now the conclusion of Act 2 leads into this act3 with Zach that comes from the first 2 acts which are now coming back to him. Making this basically the beginning of Act3 with Zach and Jess.

That's probably not whats happening, but that's what it feels like.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

exranio wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to be saying it, but does anyone else feel like the comic is sliding into a jojo act-esque format. Like theres no way of knowing if all this Zach stuff will continue beyond this arc. But the way it feels to me right now is like this.

Act 1 is Peanut and Grape. Mostly focusing on their relationship and random eventures until some of the cosmic stuff starts happening more and leads into releasing Pete and dating tarot. Which allows for...

Act 2 which is King and Fox's story (while grape and peanut were still a decent part of all the "cosmic nerd" stuff it mostly revolved around him with them being like supporting cast) where King deals with cosmic suffering being thrown at him until he fights back with Fox to keep him grounded.

and now the conclusion of Act 2 leads into this act3 with Zach that comes from the first 2 acts which are now coming back to him. Making this basically the beginning of Act3 with Zach and Jess.

This would be a great thing. :D

Too bad it probably isn't what is happening. :P
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

dtlux1 wrote:
exranio wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to be saying it, but does anyone else feel like the comic is sliding into a jojo act-esque format. Like theres no way of knowing if all this Zach stuff will continue beyond this arc. But the way it feels to me right now is like this.

This would be a great thing. :D

Too bad it probably isn't what is happening. :P
While it probably won't happen it does make sense as all those characters were tied to the cosmic game. Peanut and Grape as potential avatars, King and Baily actual avatars and now the Opener of Ways who couldn't be an avatar and avatar blocked Pete. So while a huge multi branching intermission taking arc probs won't happen... one can only hope!
exranio

Post by exranio »

Mostly just depends on how long this temple and its gargoyles (or the effects there of) stick around.
I was honestly a afraid the comic might suddenly lose its magic element when King's story was done. So I'm glad that magic plot lines will continue. And I feel as long as those continue something resembling all that act stuff at least slightly will be happening.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Adorabunny has a point in the last panel.
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Snorf.....is that the opposite of Snarf?
Actually I think the opposite of Snarf is Frans. XD
Last edited by Leomon2004 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.