2014/10/03 - Meanwhile In Heaven

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Rough N Tough Tex

Re: 2014/10/03 - Meanwhile In Heaven

Post by Rough N Tough Tex »

Well, I did not see this coming at all. (no sarcasm) I can't wait to see what comes after.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

jaime117d wrote:Hmm, well this completely kills my whole pete and dragon ship.
then again, I think that Rick's decision makes far more sense than this game being a lovers' quarrel; Wait a minute, this is the same argument against grapenut! :o
What if this is an endless cycle, and grape and peanut are dragon and pete? sent to the past?...
nah, silly idea...
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
DigitalMan

Post by DigitalMan »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I hope that the "no weird time junk" rule of the game didn't apply to its consequences, and we'll have mortal Pete and Dragon as regular (or at least semi-regular) characters.
Yeeeaah, that has me concerned (at least to the extent a passive reader of a story can be). They're to spend no less than 60 objective years as mortals, so... kinda thinking they'll be gone outright, unless temporal shenanigans are involved.

EDIT: Upon further consideration, something stupid like "60 dog years" is something I could totally see the Great Kitsune doing, because he's awesome like that.
You, sir, can not fathom the derp I have herped!
Karl

Post by Karl »

Douglas Collier wrote:Looks like Dragon and Pete can't be shipped after all. *cough*Karl*cough* :lol:
Aww! D=

Now I will have to find some other weird pair to ship...
I'm a bookworm!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

For six years, I've shipped Grape with Joey. :3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

And thus ruins a lot of shipping...

:twisted:
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Well, here they go again. :D

Wait, that doesn't make any sense in this situation... :shock:

Also, the phone in Wednesday's comic was an Xbox, just saying. You see the X button? It was probably a windows phone.
allmadhere

Post by allmadhere »

Ahem.

HOLY WHAT THE ACTUAL EVEN?

Did not see that coming at all.

Great writing. I makes so much sense when you think about it.
Last edited by allmadhere on Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi

Post by Corsi »

Oh I have a feeling we have not seen the last of Pete and Dragon. I would place bets that they end up staying in the story in one way or another. Perhaps moving into the neighborhood.

OR TO BE TOTALLY IRONIC ... They are shown to be reborn in the past as either Peanut and Grape, Joel (King) and Bailey, or Fido and Bino.

I could see them as being sibling pets moving into the neighborhood with everyone else though. That would keep them in. Have the others remember them but they wouldn't have any idea who the others are.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

So Pete and Dragon were siblings this whole time...the plot thickens once again. :D

I swear to dog that every strip some how creates a new plot thread...or ties into a plot thread produced in an earlier strip. It's easy to lose track sometimes...

Also, if only time and memory wasn't an issue in this mortality stuff, I think I have a possible idea on who they'd end up being:
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

Drake wrote:
then again, I think that Rick's decision makes far more sense than this game being a lovers' quarrel; Wait a minute, this is the same argument against grapenut! :o
What if this is an endless cycle, and grape and peanut are dragon and pete? sent to the past?...
nah, silly idea...
From Grape's bio page:
Even though she’s younger, she often acts as the big sister to Peanut
:o
valerio

Post by valerio »

gamepopper wrote:So Pete and Dragon were siblings this whole time...the plot thickens once again. :D

I swear to dog that every strip some how creates a new plot thread...or ties into a plot thread produced in an earlier strip. It's easy to lose track sometimes...

Also, if only time and memory wasn't an issue in this mortality stuff, I think I have a possible idea on who they'd end up being:
that would be TOO cruel a penancy to inflict them!
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

I had no idea!
Feel my icy wrath!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

gamepopper wrote:So Pete and Dragon were siblings this whole time...the plot thickens once again. :D

Or the next scene is King and Bailey snuggling.

I still think Pete and Dragon will be incarnated as their pups. :P There could be a clerical error where they end up pets instead of some other life form.
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

Kitch wrote:Or the next scene is King and Bailey snuggling.

I still think Pete and Dragon will be incarnated as their pups. :P There could be a clerical error where they end up pets instead of some other life form.
Oh, now that would just be icky.

And clever! I salute you.

There is a philosophical undercurrent on the forum that suggests 'Pete' and Spirit Dragon will be mortalized (as opposed to immortalized, I guess) as Humans or as themselves -- just with a finite shelf-life. What if they show up as a cute kitten and a fuzzy puppy?

Or maybe a lizard and a bird?
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

valerio wrote: that would be TOO cruel a penancy to inflict them!
But it would fit so well! They're siblings, they argue and try to trick each other to get an advantage, they both desire some form of power...
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Dissension wrote:For six years, I've shipped Grape with Joey. :3
You might be alone on that one.
Just an Arc
yoshisman8

Post by yoshisman8 »

Arvetis wrote:
Drake wrote:
nah, silly idea...
From Grape's bio page:
Even though she’s younger, she often acts as the big sister to Peanut
:o
i swear if this is it il ljust quit life XD
"we're forever with"
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

I think this has to be one of my favorite strips :P
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Bucky-Roo wrote:I think this has to be one of my favorite strips :P
Concur.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Perfesser_Bear wrote:There is a philosophical undercurrent on the forum that suggests 'Pete' and Spirit Dragon will be mortalized (as opposed to immortalized, I guess) as Humans or as themselves -- just with a finite shelf-life. What if they show up as a cute kitten and a fuzzy puppy?
I suggested green and blue kittens left abandoned in a basket on the steps of a firehouse.

Or maybe the police station the K-9s work from?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

Argent wrote:
Perfesser_Bear wrote:There is a philosophical undercurrent on the forum that suggests 'Pete' and Spirit Dragon will be mortalized (as opposed to immortalized, I guess) as Humans or as themselves -- just with a finite shelf-life. What if they show up as a cute kitten and a fuzzy puppy?
I suggested green and blue kittens left abandoned in a basket on the steps of a firehouse.

Or maybe the police station the K-9s work from?
Indeed... or perhaps at the door of the Good Old Dogs' Club?
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Man, what were their parents like?!

Also, it would be funny to see Pete keep his form and get a job in the mortal world (eg. at a fast food restaurant... and have King intentionally give him a difficult order)... Though what company would hire a giant blue griffin?
Argent

Post by Argent »

Perfesser_Bear wrote:
Argent wrote:Or maybe the police station the K-9s work from?
Indeed... or perhaps at the door of the Good Old Dogs' Club?
That would be just mean.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

I hope that, wherever they go, be it human or animal, they don't get separated from each other and stay as Brother and Sister, always watching each others backs.

Suddenly, I find myself warming up to the theory/idea of them being King and Bailey's pups (nether will remember each other, and those two need a little parental guidence, so it makes sense to me)

On another note, since Pete and Cerb used to date, has Dragon ever dated Kit? Or is he just a mutual friend between the two?
valerio

Post by valerio »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:I hope that, wherever they go, be it human or animal, they don't get separated from each other and stay as Brother and Sister, always watching each others backs.

Suddenly, I find myself warming up to the theory/idea of them being King and Bailey's pups (nether will remember each other, and those two need a little parental guidence, so it makes sense to me)

On another note, since Pete and Cerb used to date, has Dragon ever dated Kit? Or is he just a mutual friend between the two?
There is no indication thay dragon and kitsune ever dated
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

And so, all fan-fictions for Pete and Spirit Dragon were destroyed that day everyone realized that they were siblings.

Although, if you think about it... If Pete and Spirit Dragon were siblings, then who is their father? And are all Demi gods related?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

MrNeonShot wrote:And are all Demi gods related?
I doubt this, based solely on the fact that Pete and Cerberus dated. I don't think Rick would've been willing to open that particular can of worms.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Douglas Collier

MrNeonShot wrote:Although, if you think about it... If Pete and Spirit Dragon were siblings, then who is their father? And are all Demi gods related?
We'll, we know one thing for certain: Their mom or dad (or both) had longish pointed ears. (Unless it was a random mutation, in which case we know nothing).
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Pecan wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:And are all Demi gods related?
I doubt this, based solely on the fact that Pete and Cerberus dated. I don't think Rick would've been willing to open that particular can of worms.
Oh... okay then. If they are, their dad needs to have a long talk with them.
Douglas Collier wrote: We'll, we know one thing for certain: Their mom or dad (or both) had longish pointed ears. (Unless it was a random mutation, in which case we know nothing).
No, bruh. Its genetics! They have the same parents! Which means... *gasp* Kitsune is their other brother!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

So those portals are just lying around in heaven? Open to public use? That's kinda dangerous. But on second thought, nobody in their right mind would try to exit heaven...
Drake wrote:What if this is an endless cycle, and grape and peanut are dragon and pete? sent to the past?...
Oh my gosh I love this theory. But I doubt this will be the case, it's not an easy idea to present through the medium of a comic. But Rick is a super-skilled storyteller so who knows.
Also, going by this theory:
Pete wrote:What if mortality changes me?
Then it'll certainly change you for the better!

And imagine this revelation sixty years in the future:
Pete, who was Peanut, who is now Pete again: "Wait, what? I had a crush on YOU?"
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Douglas Collier

MrNeonShot wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote: We'll, we know one thing for certain: Their mom or dad (or both) had longish pointed ears. (Unless it was a random mutation, in which case we know nothing).
No, bruh. Its genetics! They have the same parents! Which means... *gasp* Kitsune is their other brother!
Don't get too carried away. :P It's possible, but I haven't noticed any indications of it.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

You're looking too much into it. Demigods don't adhere to biological restraints.
I mean, if they did, they would have at least shared the same species.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Douglas Collier

deepskycyan wrote:You're looking too much into it. Demigods don't adhere to biological restraints.
I mean, if they did, they would have at least shared the same species.
I wonder if demigods get to choose their species? Bahamut seems to change species at will.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

deepskycyan wrote:So those portals are just lying around in heaven? Open to public use? That's kinda dangerous. But on second thought, nobody in their right mind would try to exit heaven...
Drake wrote:What if this is an endless cycle, and grape and peanut are dragon and pete? sent to the past?...
Oh my gosh I love this theory. But I doubt this will be the case, it's not an easy idea to present through the medium of a comic. But Rick is a super-skilled storyteller so who knows.
Also, going by this theory:
Pete wrote:What if mortality changes me?
Then it'll certainly change you for the better!

And imagine this revelation sixty years in the future:
Pete, who was Peanut, who is now Pete again: "Wait, what? I had a crush on YOU?"
Then if this is the case, its completely logical for Pete and Cerb to get together.
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

So this entire time...the entire divine fight, the messing up mortal lives...was all sibling rivalry?! All this messing with people was to try and satisfy their ego's? Not even a shred of concern for the lives they played with?!

...I officially hate these two...I really hope Rick puts them through hell...I know they'll get a "happy" ending, but that doesn't mean they should be let off...

Also...what's Kitsune then? Their mom? Dad? Great Aunt? Just a friend?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Haru Totetsu wrote:So this entire time...the entire divine fight, the messing up mortal lives...was all sibling rivalry?! All this messing with people was to try and satisfy their ego's? Not even a shred of concern for the lives they played with?!
...I officially hate these two...I really hope Rick puts them through hell...I know they'll get a "happy" ending, but that doesn't mean they should be let off...
Also...what's Kitsune then? Their mom? Dad? Great Aunt? Just a friend?
Well, Dragon and Pete displayed being truly sorry. Once. In the end. (Australian agriculture is thankful BTW)
And yes, it's no news they were jerks. At least now they're *interesting* jerks, and as mortals they will get their happy ending -and hopefully a lesson remembered, who knows?
But a punishment they got, indeed: they BOTH lost the game. They BOTH were humiliated. They BOTH lost their heavenly status. They BOTH were outwitted by a mortal.
Now let's see if they can live up, literally, to their second occasion. After all, for ONE thing we must be grateful to Pete for: He DID gave a cynical human the chance to a new life, though we know it wasn't in his intentions since the start.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I predict that Pete will be a cat and Dragon will be a dog.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Dear God if that is true, do not let Fox fall in love with her. I need him for Sasha or if he becomes buff and more handsome my character!