Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Deske

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Deske »

I have done nothing for the past 4 hours but listen to the Forza 3 music. Should I be worried?
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Deske wrote:I have done nothing for the past 4 hours but listen to the Forza 3 music. Should I be worried?
No, Lance Hayes is the greatest and you should never feel ashamed.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Deske

Post by Deske »

It's just so calm but upbeat and I feel like I could both race, drive along a highway at night and sleep to it.

But Jeremy Soule...
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Sleet wrote:I'm thrilled there's so many characters. A while back there was the implication that the roster would be roughly the same size as Brawl. Glad to hear that isn't the case.

No Krystal makes me sad, though.
I'm glad they finally put Dark Samus in there, sure it's as an assist trophy, but
at least some incarnation of the Metroid Prime is good

Btw, can you believe it's been 7 years since Dark Samus' last appearance
in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption?
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

So they finally released a trailer for Persona 5 that DOESN'T involve chairs...

...looks promising!

While we don't get to see much, I was able to glean some information from the trailer...

1. Appears to be much more urban than P4 (and even P3 to a degree).

2. The intersection/crosswalk seen is either the Shibuya Scramble or a locale inspired by it. In the case of the former, that puts this iteration in Tokyo. Also, did anyone else half-expect the protagonist to run into Neku from TWEWY? :P

3. Slightly different look for the protagonist since we last saw him; Darker hair and some specs.

4. Blue fire, hinting at the presence of a persona, in the middle of Shibuya. Will the shadows be breaking through into our world more freely than before? Or maybe there are other persona users to fight?

5. The logo has been revealed. I think the logo may hold a clue as to what the plot might be. Persona 3's logo font has a digital theme, implying the technological aspects of the game (S.E.E.S.'s tech, the evokers, the experiments that created the Dark Hour, and even Aigis), and Persona 4's logo is dynamic and rectangular, implying the flashiness of the TV biz. Persona 5's logo has a few curves that seem to emanate from the back of the "P." When I see that, it reminds me of a cell phone signal symbol.

I find this could be very important; The first two Persona games placed a heavy emphasis on the concept of rumors and their power/influence. While those games aren't canon with the new timeline, they new games do carry some of their influence (In Persona 4, The TV world's appearance is a product of the thoughts and feelings of humans, and the concept of someone's "shadow" form is ripped straight from Persona 2.). The large crowd of people seems to hint that the presence of the Shadows is linked to a large group of people all living close together, and all networked through their smart phones (which is a step up for the series, since Persona 4 still had flip phones). In a sense, social networking has become almost "alive" in its own right; perhaps that's how the shadows emerge this time?

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing more. Did anyone else spot anything in the trailer?
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

(I hope this post is ok; I figure plenty of time has passed since my most recent post. If not, my apologies.)

Been getting back into Mario Kart while waiting for Smash. I'm excited for the DLC courses they'll be adding. I also found out Wario's Gold Mine is returning; while I'd love to see new courses come into play, it's fun seeing the retro ones being revamped. If I had to pick a few retro courses to feature, here's what I'd pick...

Vanilla Lake 2 (SNES): Fun, almost Kirby-esque music, and really, the 2D courses don't get enough love. Plus, The central lake is reminiscent of Sherbet Land from 64.

Cheese Land (GBA): A creative design for a course (Mice...in...SPAAAAAACE!), with a pair of jumps to boot. The music is pretty catchy too.

Bowser Castle (DS): Lots of tricks and traps in this one; still, you gotta wonder...how long does it take Bowser to build such complex castles?!

Daisy Hills (3DS): This course is just plain fun. I like to think of it as a reverse DK Mountain, going up the slope then flying down. I can't play this course and NOT smile, especially due to the cheery music.

Rainbow Road (GCN): The first Rainbow Road that actually makes you feel like you're suspended high above the ground, I just love that this version takes place above a city vs. the typical space setting. It's nerve-wracking going downhill with no guardrails, and the course could receive a few upgrades courtesy of MK8's anti-gravity element.

Any other retro courses you want added?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Banshee Boardwalk. Make them suffer.

Alternatively, actual battle stages. C'mon, Nintendo, for all the effort you put into making MK8 a fantastic game, you really dropped the ball with Battle.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

After going most of my life avoiding everything video game related I have dived right in. For Christmas, my friend Hunter gave me her Game Boy Advance with Pokemon Red. I don't think too much of Pokemon. It seems to be a time waster. But, I did get three games from a local used game shop. "Godzilla: Domination", a fighting game with Godzilla and the other Toho monsters because I'm a huge Godzilla fan, "Altered Beast: Guardian of the Realm" because I like the Ancient Roman setting and being able to turn into werewolves and other monsters, and "Sypro: Season of Ice".

All the games seemed reasonably priced so I might get more.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

So, how 'bout that Five Nights At Freddy's game, eh?
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Mickey the Luxray

TinFoilHats wrote:So, how 'bout that Five Nights At Freddy's game, eh?
The game ain't too good, but holy dang is the fanon elaborate.

I personally consider myself a fan of the FNAF fandom by their sheer creativity :lol:
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

I think it was meant to look that way to emulate the pre-rendered graphics in games from the mid-late 90s(I dunno, that's what I got anyways).
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

It scares the poo poo outta me every time Foxy darts down the hallway.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Ahem, they just announced that Dark Pit is going to be an unlockable character in SSBB4!
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

As well as duck hunt dog. who is actually fun to play
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That was leaked a little while ago, actually!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

My favorite characters are: Dark Pit, Robin, Shulk, Samus, and the Wii Fit Trainer.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Sleet wrote:That was leaked a little while ago, actually!
oh, opps
RP Characters:
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Drake wrote:
Sleet wrote:That was leaked a little while ago, actually!
oh, opps
They have daily updates for the game. :)
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Starting another playthrough of good ol' Kindgom Hearts 2, among playing other games.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Megamaster wrote:Starting another playthrough of good ol' Kindgom Hearts 2, among playing other games.
I ordered the 2.5 Remix for my PS3. Reasons why are A)my ps2 controller is broken and B)my copy of the original KH2 is glitched out or something because it won't let me save. It says I need 90 kb of space on my memory card when I have over 50 Mb of space.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I also ordered it, but mostly because I never played Coded and BBS. So I see this as a good excuse.

Although I already have KH2 >_>
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Getting my own WiiU next payday :D
... I just have to wait until next payday, sadly. :(
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

The bottom line, Wii. U. ;)
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

So I finally beat splinter cell blacklist yesturday. What it worth noting is that I beat it, got the last mission score and the game froze. I missed the end cut scene.
RP Characters:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I love the roster so far... except for the clones and fighters that take up a space.
Seriously? Did anyone really want Wario back?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

I didn't want wario back. nice image by the way.
RP Characters:
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

I wanted Dark Samus, but at least she is an assist trophy in this game.
PeanutFan1997

Post by PeanutFan1997 »

Well if you guys like playing games, I constructed a Mega Man II Challenge: It's all here https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... f=7&t=3107
Peanut is an AWESOME character. 'Nuff said.

Okay I also like King and Fox's friendship ^^;

Let's face it I just LOVE Housepets. If I played against Peanut on a videogame...I'd lose. I'm pretty skilled too XD
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Thanks, Drake! I totally agree about Warrio. Totally wasted slot.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Did you see that Robin has a move that drains and restores health? It's called Nosferatu.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Got my games preordered for Christmas now. With the exception of Kingdom Hearts 2.5, I will have a total of 4 DS games. I plan on just buying one more, but I want something to play with everyone on just like Pokémon. Will have to wait and see what happens til then. =P

After playing so many games lately, I'm considering on sticking to portables from now on. I play way too many computer games, so consoles are a thing of the past for me now. just a waste of money. Also, portables seem to have the best use for RPGs and I like playing a lot of RPGs. Just don't count on me buying more than 3 on a portable. more than 3 = too much time @_@

Now playing: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 for the old DS
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

GameCobra wrote:Now playing: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 for the old DS
Is the gameplay good?
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Mickey the Luxray

Robocraft.

Robocraft, Robocraft, Robocraft. Where do I even begin?

I consider it the perfect F2P combat game for many reasons.

1) Excellent balancing techniques- EVERYTHING has a hard counter (SMG < Plasma, Plasma < Railgun, Railgun < SMG, so on so forth), which means no OP/unused things like in, say, TF2.
2) The engineering aspect: It's fun for me and, as an added bonus, it means that any weaknesses are entirely my fault and not the game's. No uncontrollable rage-inducing things, yay!
3) Donations keep an incentive while still keeping away from Pay2Win. While any player can receive the same stuff as a Premium player, it simply takes longer to make investments.
4) It's just fun. Sure, it's a grind fest, but it's rewarding. Kills aren't the easiest things to get, after all, so every kill feels like you've just pulled off some really cool trickshot. Games where the entire enemy team gets obliterated are especially rewarding.
5) At least in the low tiers, bad teamwork will not always cost you the game, and even if it does everybody uses shock tactics anyway so it doesn't feel like much hard work was wasted.
6) A good community. There isn't any prejudice, or really much communication at all. It's relatively calm and peaceful- it reminds me somewhat of the old days of Jailbreak, where everyone's just looking for a good time. You know, before Jailbreak was overtaken by horrible balancing decisions (who thought it was a good idea to remove the Jihad bomb?!) and trolls abound.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Shadowstar23 wrote:Is the gameplay good?
compared to the other game, not so much. this game is clunky and a hassle on the DS since they only had a limited amount of buttons. the camera is hard to aim is my biggest issue and magic. Unless i missed somethign, magic in this game is not like the old magic system where you held a button in and casted something, which was the best way to use magic. compared to the 3Ds version, the 3DS has a much smoother control over the camera and they got a neater magic system.

However, 358/2 has alot of good content to grind. Weapons, items, magic and secret characters. Secret characters are the best part.

EDIT: Felt guilty about saying my consoles are useless. they make great movie machines and classic games, which i'm fond of. Netflix and Youtube play nice on these.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I know this isn't a video game, but it's available on Steam and it's really cool. There's this program in its Beta testing stage called FaceRig. Basically it uses a webcam to track your facial features and put them on an animated avatar. You can be a wolf (anthro or feral), a cat, a red panda, a dragon, etc. You can also customize the skins (so for all of you who have fursonas... ;) ). You can use these avatars in streaming (i.e. Skype) - I think you can, anyway (or at least you'll be able to with the final version). It does have some bugs still, and it currently costs $10, but if it becomes what I'm hoping it will become, I think it's a great investment. :)
Attachments
IMG_4890.gif
IMG_4890.gif (223.53 KiB) Viewed 11929 times
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Who do I have to pelt with money to speed things up?!
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

I almost threw in some money for the kickstarter for FaceRig when it was running. Considering I almost never and are always extremely reluctant to invest money into anything that's not been released, or is in an alpha or beta state, that is saying something about how interested I was in it.

Been mainly playing Defense Grid 2 lately. While I do like it, there is things from the original Defense Grid that I wish they kept for DG2. Mainly waiting on games for the moment.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

yes, facerig works in skype. It is buggy but works. a group I am in tried it one night it was very fun.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

I actually bought Facerig as a thoughtless purchase. Why? I don't have a webcam. I am working on buying one though. I really really want one though. I've already played around with it a bit and I'm thinking about breaking out my laptop with the absolutely destroyed screen and hooking it up to my monitor just because I'm so excited for it. I'm so jealous of you Douglas.
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Deske wrote:I actually bought Facerig as a thoughtless purchase. Why? I don't have a webcam. I am working on buying one though. I really really want one though. I've already played around with it a bit and I'm thinking about breaking out my laptop with the absolutely destroyed screen and hooking it up to my monitor just because I'm so excited for it. I'm so jealous of you Douglas.
My laptop has a webcam on it, but all I need now is just the FaceRig.
Drake wrote:yes, facerig works in skype. It is buggy but works. a group I am in tried it one night it was very fun.
How do you even upload the avatar? I'm so flummoxed right now... :|