Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Legotron123

Re: Roleplaying Forums Main Out-Of-Character Thread

Post by Legotron123 »

Hello I'm legotron123. You may remember me from such RPs as snow tunnels, Apollo city, 17th century fox, the now defunct pokepets and my ill fated attempt at a superpets RP (which failed because I didn't think out how the rules would have to go for such an RP and I didn't have a reputation as a good RPer yet). I've been playing a lot of FTL: faster than light lately and I thought of a new idea for an SRP that's basically FTL mixed with Star Trek called STEELHAVEN. I'll game master it. The setting is the year 3000 and the starship Steelhaven (from which the title of this STP comes), a earth republic Emperion class ship that's visually based on the ship eight track from transformers (link here: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Eight_Track_(G1) ) minus the big cannon on top. It has three purposes. Restock republic stations across the galaxy, the occasional exploration trip, and in very rare cases, battle hostile forces. The republic is at war with a group of rebels calling themselves the insignia, who occasionally attack the ship or the stations it visits. The ship is occasionally attacked by some lone pirates or by a organized group of pirates called the Barbarax. The rebels and pirates would occasionally (I'm saying that word a lot in this, aren't I) board the ship or need to be boarded themselves, which allows me to transition to my next topic, new mechanics.
The mechanics of this RP are mostly the same as the others except for a few new things, mainly two new stats and the stat total being updated for those stats. The ship would be damaged in fights and various incidents, plus the aforementioned boarding, which requires two new stats to be introduced, repairing and combat. The repairing skill shows how well you can repair things, 10 being not only can you repair almost anything, but you can construct almost anything you need from scrap, 1 being you can't even glue a broken part back on without the bottle slipping and bouncing around and braking things. The combat skill shows how brave and skilled you are in a fight, 10 being you can take down foes over twice your size, 1 being you give up when whenever someone even slightly threatens you. Make sure you portray the fighting realistic to your combat level! We're not going to have the equivalent of a "everything proof shield" here. To acomidate to these new stats, the stat total will be updated from 42 to 54. While there won't be any aliens at the start, after a certain amount of time, I will set up scenarios where players will be able to introduce alien species of their own, after we approve them of course.
The ship contains numerous habitation suites for its crew, various offices and workshops for those who require them, a tavern named Black Hole Bar and Grill and multiple other recreational facilities for the crew members to have fun and relax. The ship's hangars carry an unknown number of shuttlecraft, including the captains personal spacecraft and a shuttle used for landing parties and diplomatic missions. Each crew member has their own habitation suites that the share with their family or, if they didn't bring their family, a few roommates.
Players can choose what rank they want their character to be, however I'm the captain of the ship, and no ones rank can be above commander (we'd use the rank system from Star Trek in the 24th century, with the addition of crewman below chief petty officer), except for the occasional guest character I'll bring in.
In this SRP animals are equal to humans in every way except height. There are even cross species adoptions, which my characters will be a part of once I've finished writing them.

Well, who wants to join?
Last edited by Legotron123 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

:o
CAROLINE! Make this happen, I'm signing up!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

I'm totally in too! I love everything space related and one day hoped something like this would come along, Count me in!
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hey, Rook, we'd love to have you in Apollo City! That RP takes place on the moon. Of course, join this new one, too for space adventures!

Space adventure: Its an adventure in SPAAAAACE!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Be quiet you fool! You might attract space cores!
Spaaaaacccccee?
OH PRIMUS NO!!!!
SPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Oh boy I love space, though it's been shoved aside to focus on more "realistic" (space is as unrealistically realistic as you can get) I'd join. *fingers snaps to finger guns at Legotron* Set phasers on fun, Captain.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I'd do that, but I'm helping my mom with her new summer home. It doesn't have internet so I have to use her phone to post this, and I can't spend all day on it. I'll be back in my regular house on Friday, so don't expect me to post a lot until then.
EDIT: My new house now has Internet. Enjoy this character I worked on at 1 Am because I couldn't fall asleep.
Name: Lieutenant Lewis walker

Color: 0000FF

Main

Species: Dog/shepadoodle

Neighborhood: STEELHAVEN

Appearance: Black with silver paws. Wears blue vest standard for lieutenants, along with Power Gloves (it's so bad) that look like spandex, which have taser pads that are activated by him clicking his tongue.

Personality: Lewis is only 17 (pet years) but he already outranks 66% of the ship. He was adopted at age 4 (still pet years) by his mom, Liz, and has spend the last 13 years (still pet years) with her, 9 of which were spent on the STEELHAVEN. He likes having a position of power, but tries not to abuse it. He's kind to people he thinks deserve it and is cold to people he think doesn't deserve it. Liz wasn't able to spend much time with him back on earth, so he didn't learn a lot of so called "people skills," but he can tell when something's too mean. He was very excited when they were assigned to the STEELHAVEN, as it meant he could spend more time with her. He's not as much of a mamas boy, but he still loves her very much. He tries to be a good person, but doesn't always succeed. An easy way to get him mad is to call his power gloves spandex.

Other notes:
Is capable of piloting ships emperion class and lower, as well as power loaders, exo-suits and turrets.
His favorite food is meat lovers pizza.
Vents out his frustrations by playing godzilla in the hologram room.

Stats:
- S: 6
- P: 6
- E: 7
- C1: 4
- I: 8
- A: 6
- L: 6
-R: 4
-C2: 7

Name: Captain Liz walker
Species: Human
Appearance: White with brown hair and blue eyes. Wears orange vest standard for commanders.
Personality: Liz worked hard to become a captain and she takes it seriously. That doesn't mean she can't take a joke. As long as she finds them funny, you can make as many jokes as you want. She's kind to those who earn it. She loves her adopted son very much, but she tries not to show it in public. In combat (both spaceship and physical), she's a bit of a bad(word I'm not allowed to say on this site).

Well the silence on this thread confirms one thing I've suspected for a while. When you edit a post, even if it's the lasted post, it does not show the page as updated. I would of thought that me posting my character would incide people to join, but if they didn't know it was there, it would do jack carp. Also, we've only got four people who want to join (including me), and I think we need a minimum if five. Since this is one of the few things I think I've done right, and the people who want to join think its awesome, I hope it doesn't fail.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hi, all.
Sorry for my lack of posting lately.
I'm pleased to report though that I've finished moving into my new house and that I have a job so I should be back to a normal posting schedule from now on. Thanks for your patience over the last two weeks.

Also, *points up to Lego's new RP* Anybody else interested in that? It'd be great to get another RP going. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

I am thinking about joining. the only problem is that I have had so much on my plate that I can hardly keep up with the stuff I have been doing.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Deske

Post by Deske »

[Will post Character Sheet later, I gots some works to do]
Last edited by Deske on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Your character looks good. I approve. Although are you sure you want him to have only four luck? Also I'm working on lots of story line ideas and ways to sneak in subtle references to various story's. I've got one story line in mind that will occur very late in the SRP, that will have subtle hints and foreshadowing through the early arcs and ultimately result in a gigantic battle with a huge alien monster vs the ship itself and a battle with its little minions in side the ship, and feature loads of cool technology like exo suits, mega blasters, and robots that basically amount to zords and megazords.

Deske

Post by Deske »

I've never really found much use for luck, I just don't know where it would come into play all that often. Though I suppose he'll change a bit.

Mmm I suppose I could drove R down a notch and bump luck up. It can be helpful to luckily not be hit with space rocks while repairing a shield generator.

I wrote backstory where personality goes. Well. Gotta fix that.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Okay, I'll make mine!

Name: Blitz

Specie: German Shepherd

Appearance: Blitz is a German shepherd with Light brown fur. and standard German shepherd markings. He's also thinner than most German Shepherd's due to space travel.
Blitz wears a white jumpsuit with green and red sensory tabs. These tabs allow Blitz to monitor his heart rate and communicate with "command". But we'll get to more of that later.
Here is an image reference:

Personality: Blitz is a polite dog, always stopping to help someone that needs help, even if its a tiny job.
Most girls (and guys) find him to be a prince charming. Unless someone's opinion is violent, he'll respect their opinions and stay silent about his. This normally causes him to be the deciding factor in most arguments between his caretaker/consultant, and his boss/exosuit inventor.

Other Notes: Blitz is the animal pilot of Golem Incorporated's exosuit testing. Put him inside an exosuit, and Blitz can use it to obliterate small asteroids, destroy large asteroids, and decimate any hostile spacecraft. Other than that, Blitz has only basic schooling, basic fire arm training, apprentice hand-to-hand combat, Nationally recognized sword skills, and extreme exosuit piloting skills.

Stats:
S: 4
P: 6
E: 5
C: 10
I: 5
A: 5
L: 6
R: 4
CO: 7

---

What do you think, Lego?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Deske wrote:I've never really found much use for luck, I just don't know where it would come into play all that often.
Well, luck can actually have a big impact if it's done right.
From the old OOC:
Trust me, this is more useful then it sounds. It can basically be anything else that leaves your character in the right place at the right time, or helpful when your character takes a gamble. Adversely, bad luck leaves you in the worst spot at the worst time, and even the most perfect situation can go wrong for your character.
It can also affect how coordinated your character is. For example, my character Flynn has high agility. Being a rabbit, he can naturally run fast and turn sharply. His low luck means that he's a klutz though. He'll trip, knock things over, hurt himself inadvertently, etc. It also means that he's prone to "Foot in Mouth" syndrome, i.e. saying something and then regretting it, although that's also tied in with low Charisma.

So the Luck stat, if done right, can have a big influence over the other stats and is probably not something to dismiss offhand.

I hope this helps give you a better idea of how the stats can and should influence the character. Please don't hesitate to ask if you've any further questions or if you need clarification on this or anything else though. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

Dog that was great. I have retooling to do.

Edit : Behold I have retooled only slightly. It will probably still change.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Looks good neon. Though there's a reason I named my character lieutenant Lewis walker. You guys are kinda supposed to give your characters a rank. We're using the Star Trek system from the 24th century, with the addition of chief petty officer and crewman at the bottom. No one can be above commander though, except for the occasional guest character.

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

These Characters are the property of ~\Rook/~ All rights reserved.

---Active---

--- Richmond Acres (HPU) ---

Name: Aron Jenkins
Species/Breed: English Lop (Rabbit)
Height: 2.3"
Location/Neighborhood: Richmond Acres (HPU)

Appearance: Aron's coat is a simple deep-brown which covers his ears, the top of his head, back, legs and arms. his underbelly and face are white. His collar is a Simple dark leather strap with buckle, A white scarf wrapped around it with the ends at the back. The tag is a small model Biplane. He also wears a pair of 'old school' flight goggles.

Personality: Bright, Ambitious, and willing to learn, Aron is a small rabbit with big dreams. He's friendly and kind to the people he knows. His favorite things are Biplanes, Zeppelins, and Aviation.

Background: Coming from London, England, Aron is a real 'high flyer'. Literally! He wants to become the first pet to fly a commercial airplane. His owner, renowned historian Leroy Quentin Fitzgerald Jenkins, has put in many requests to multiple aviation companies without results. Aron isn't downhearted by this though, he keeps on dreaming of when he's behind the controls of a Boeing 787..
But after working at the Natural History Museum for over 40 years, Leroy plans his 'retirement' for himself and Aron in America..

Notes:
- He comes from England, so has an accent.
- He enjoys all aircraft and talks about them almost all the time.
- He has a custom RC Biplane, which is named 'Aero's Spirit'.
- Is quiet most of the time, either thinking or daydreaming.
- Is surprisingly good at drawing.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S: 5 - "Pretty average, yeah."
P: 8 - "Ooh! That's a Boeing flying above us!"
E: 4 - "Let's not run so much.."
C: 9 - "Good afternoon, my name is Aron Charles Jenkins, pleased to make your acquaintance!"
I: 7 - "Did you know, the normal size of a 747 fuselage is 5.74m!"
A: 8 - "I have bounds of energy! Heh, yes, that's a rabbit joke.."
L: 1 - "THE worst luck.."

Color: This: #FF8000

---

Name: Vera Jenkins
Species/Breed: English Spotted (Rabbit)
Height: 2.2"
Location/Neighborhood: Richmond Acres (HPU)

Appearance: Pure white with black specks and patches across her back. Her ears, nose and around the eyes are also black. Her collar is a thick leather colored a dark purple. The tag is a plastic white rose. Details are on the inside of the collar.

Personality: Quiet, shy and caring, the young doe Vera is the love of Aron's life. Until she left, she was very shy and only opened up to Aron. Now she's back, she still has those feelings for Aron, but she wants to make it up to Leroy and help in any way she can..

Background: From London, England, she was saved by Leroy in a animal shelter in London. She lived with Leroy and Aron in a house close to central London and Leroy's job, the Natural History Museum. After a rather loud argument with Leroy, Vera felt like she would be hurt again, like she was in her old home, and fled, jumping out of the bedroom window.. She disappeared for at least two years, only to be found by two hunters in a thicket in the middle of nowhere close to where Aron and Leroy had newly moved in America..

Notes:
- Is from England, but hardly has any accent.
- Talks rather quietly and stays close to people she knows.
- Prefers staying in and reading the many novels and books Leroy has.
- Loves Aron deeply, and cares for Leroy. Naturally unsure of anyone else.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S: 3 - "Nngh.. Help me push this.."
P: 8 - "You've uh, got a little crumb on you collar.."
E: 4 - "Please.. No more running.."
C: 2 - "Uh, Um.. Hi?"
I: 10 - "E=Mc squared is quite the simple equation.."
A: 5 - "..I can run, but.."
L: 7 - "I win.. That's good, right?"

Color: This: #8000BF

---

--- Beacon of Hope (Non-HPU) ---

Name: Rika Montoni
Species/Breed: Half-Human/Half-Kitura
Height: 4.9'
Location/Neighbourhood: Beacon of Hope (Non-HPU)

Powers: Buff/debuff/healing gadgetry. Carrying small, palm-sized capsules and larger, hand-sized pods, Rika can heal and boost team-mates or slow down enemies. All capsules and pods come with color-coded bands to tell what's in them and what they're used for. Here is the coding:

Green: Green banded capsules can give a team-mate some pain relief. Cuts, bruises, even minor fractures can be healed rather quickly. To use, simply open the capsule and take one of the pills inside. Usually a total of five per capsule. Green pods can only be used by Rika, for these have the tools to heal a more severe injury, such as broken bones, limb displacement, large open wounds, bullet wounds, plasma and laser burns or a mixture of two or three. Anything more serious and you should take the injured to an infirmary ASAP. Ten capsules. Five Pods.

Blue: Blue banded capsules hold colored pills which can improve and boost your senses (Blue), physical might (Red/Orange), agility (Lime) and knowledge (Purple). Blue Pods have adhesive patches (with same color coding) for a longer effect and can only be applied to skin or fur. The effects may have minor drawbacks. Please consult Rika for further details*. Five capsules. Three Pods.
(*Only minor discomfort or aches may occur, if anything more than a migraine occurs, please take a general purpose pain-relief tablet and consult another doctor ~ Rika)

Yellow: Yellow band capsules can deter and debilitate enemies that it is thrown at. It contains chemicals that can cause irritation to eyes, skin, throat and nose. the effects don't last long and should clear up after a few minutes. Yellow pods are more potent and have a larger area of effect, disabling an enemy for five minutes at most. Note: These pods are only activated after a hard impact, light drops or knocking should not activate them. Five capsules. Three Pods.

Red: For use only in extreme cases. only two capsules an one pod should be carried at max. These are, in a sense, improvised biochemical grenades. Like the yellow banded capsules and pods, only activate with a hard impact, and should be thrown a large distance away from team-mates. Can cause severe and possibly irreparable damage to; eyes, skin, throat, nose and muscles for an extended period of time. Two capsules. One Pod.

Additional Gadgets - Grenade Launcher: Compact, Single shot, one handed. Uses Yellow and Red impact-detonation shells (Which are quite small and have very hard impact resistance). (Ammo: 200 Yellow, 150 Red, 350 Total.)

Weakness: Only has a limited supply of capsules and pods per mission. (22 capsules, 12 pods in total.)

Appearance: Rika is mostly human in appearance except for her limbs past the elbows and knees, which are animal-like and covered in fur alike to a English red fox. Her figure is shapely. Has retractable claws instead of nails. Her legs are digitigrade. She also has the tail and ears of a fox. Her hair is styled pixie short and is a natural dark brown. Her eyes are amber yellow with vertical pupils like a fox. Rika's outfits are as follows:

Casual: Multitude of short-sleeve tops or tank-tops, knee-length shorts or baggy sweatpants, White bandage-like foot-wraps. Usually also has a hip-pack on.
Sleepwear: An off-white button shirt, sometimes with the sleeves rolled up and only halfway buttoned up. Underwear on underneath.
Swimwear: A white bikini with black edges. It has two metal rings on each side of the hip on the bottoms and a single metal ring in the middle of the chest with black ties for the neck and back of the top.
Formal: Lilac-colored fitted formal dress with a knee-high skirt, high neckline, and a small hole in the back for her tail. Accessorised with a thin silver wristwatch on the right hand and an equally thin silver bracelet on the left.
Medical: Baby-blue Medical scrubs with the trouser legs rolled up to the knees and the same foot-wraps like in casual.
Combat: The new Champion combat armour.

Personality: Caring, considerate, passionate about her profession. Rika is an angel of the modern age, just wanting to help all she can. When on the job, she can be analytical and concise, yet still keep herself and those around her calm. In combat situations she can get a little flustered, but is usually the one to notice an opening and call it out. In less professional areas Rika is more open and heartfelt, letting her emotions out.

Background: Born to her human father, David Montoni, and her Kitura mother, Sahila, on the Beacon of Hope, she may be the first natural born of her kind. She grew to be a compassionate caring being, wanting to help anyone however she could. With this in mind she went into the medical profession, eventually gaining her doctorate with honours and gaining the skills she now hopes to use with the champions, which has been her long sought-after dream.

Notes:
-Has just over nine years of medical training and experience, only recently getting her doctorate.
-Always puts others before herself.
-Is highly versed in biology, botany, and chemistry, which stems to her gadgets.
-Has a fear of snakes.
-Surprisingly good at throwing on target.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S: 4 "Could somebody help me move these files? It's a large box.."
P: 8 "..Well, there is some minor swelling.."
E: 5 "..Just another few hours on these files and i'm done."
C: 7 "Hello there, my name is Dr. Rika Montoni, and I'll be your medical adviser today.."
I: 10 "..you've suffered a minor epidermal hematoma.. That's a hard bump to the head.."
A:5 "I believe it to be a byproduct of my Kitura heritage.."
L:4 "Take one of these and with a little luck you'll be right as rain.."

Power:5

Color: This #8080FF

---

Name: Traci Shwarte (Codename: Trinity)
Species/Breed: Tortoiseshell (Felis)
Height: 3.2"
Location/Neighborhood: Beacon of Hope (Non-HPU)

Powers: High Velocity Speed. Can run at Mach speeds (Up to around Mach 10, which is 12,251 Km/h) and has just as fast reaction times. Can utilise speed to deliver hard hitting attacks. (Uses melee weapons for better damage)

Weakness: Can tire out after prolonged use of Mach speeds.

Appearance: Very slender yet toned body, mostly flat. Usual Tortoiseshell fur pattern with an interesting triangle patch covering the right side of her face. Both her eyes are light blue.
Traci's outfits are as follows:

Casual: Workout gear, mostly.
Sleepwear: Sports bra & sweatpants
Swimwear: Navy blue one-piece with white stripes down the sides.
Formal: Black party dress with matching handbag.

Personality: Energetic, carefree and air-headed. Traci can be be a little unbearable sometimes because of the speed she talks and her overly excited mannerisms. She also works out a lot and keeps herself fit. Other than that, she's kind, friendly, and bubbly.

Background: Has lived on the Beacon almost as long as Rika has. Originally joined the Beacon's security force, but was transferred to the Champions intelligence division due to the usefulness of her power to transfer physical data. She has wanted to join the Champions proper since joining the CID, but lacks the motivation to actually ask..

Notes:
- Knows how to sew and patch tears in clothing.
- Has a surprisingly good memory for facts and information, although she forgets the simpler things..
- Really enjoys eating salads and healthy foods.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S: 3 "I'm strong, just not that strong.."
P: 6 "What? Is there something on my face?"
E: 5 "Huff! 3 hours on treadmill.. Maybe I should do something else.."
C: 8 "..And that's when Clara said.."
I: 4 "I have those files for you, but.. Why are they in gibberish?"
A: 10 "Obstacle course? Done!"
L: 6 "Whoops, almost stepped in that.."

Power: 6

Color: This: #FF4040

---

Name: Dan Lionheart
Species/Breed: English Foxhound (Dog)
Height: 3.7"
Location/Neighbourhood: Beacon of Hope (Non-HPU) [Previously on STEELHAVEN (SRP)]

Appearance: Regular build. Black overcoat on the back with white black-speckled (known as 'ticked') undercoat all over the body. top of the head is black (Known as a 'mask') with Tan patches on the cheeks. Ears are flopped and black. Wears simple light brown overalls with patches of dirt and grime on the knees, elbows and up the forearms. Usually with a dirty rag or cloth hanging out the left-rear pocket. Also seen carrying a large red toolbox.

Personality: Energetic, yet laid back, Dan always listens to his friends and senior officers, unless he daydreams or is working on something important. Once he starts a task, he won't stop until it is fulfilled, that's if you can get him to start.. He can be stubborn at times, but is usually happy to help. His mantra: If you don't ask, you don't get..

Background: Born and raised on a ship repair dock by his adopted father, Ernest Lionheart, who is a Ensign mechanic for the republic. Dan knew his way around a wrench at a young age. Living on the dock and working on ships with his father was his favorite pass-time. He got recruited to the republic at quite a young age too, one of the youngest in fact. He didn't do too well in combat training and didn't even get to hold a gun at all due to his clumsiness, yet he did well and even excelled in the other classes. He spent most of his years in service on the same repair dock he grew up on, and only got one promotion for doing so. This promotion, however, got him a place on the STEELHAVEN..

Notes:
- Abundant in knowledge about ships and their working parts, although, not much else
- Is happiest when repairing or working on something
- Very hard-working yet prone to a few mistakes
- Has had no training with weapons

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S: 8 "Ever tried to do one of those old manual car-jacks?"
P: 5 "That seems to be in order.."
E: 7 "I used to work from about.. 7 'till 5.. Non-stop."
C: 4 "I don't socialise much.."
I: 9 "All from spending years on the dock.."
A: 6 "Natural instincts, I guess.."
L: 3 "If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.."

Power: 0

Color: This: #4080BF

---

--- New/Awaiting approval ---

Name: Cain (Codename: Smoke)
Species/Breed: Phosharmus (Gas-person)
Height: 5.10" (In Physical form)
Location/Neighborhood: Beacon of Hope (Non-HPU)

Powers: Can disperse his physical form into a cloud of near-invisible gas or 'smoke' at will, being unable to be physically hit. He can also agitate the gas within him to 'flash' a blinding light in his physical form. (Electrical energies can also trigger a 'flash'.)

Weakness: Is unable to interact with the world except speaking whilst in 'smoke' form (Also drops any clothing or items he has on his person). It takes an amount of concentration to 'flash', the brighter the flash the more concentration needed.

Appearance: In physical form; He is a lightly glowing swirling light-orange gas in the shape of a human male, with a defined edge or 'skin' that looks like glass (His 'skin' is smooth and somewhat warm to the touch). Has defined eyes and a mouth, which glow a little brighter than the rest of him and wisps of gas escape through them as well (Even moreso when he speaks). No other distinguishing features. Cain's outfits are as follows:

Casual: Smart casual-wear, mostly turtleneck sweaters with suit-pants and formal shoes.
Sleepwear: light blue striped Pyjamas.
Swimwear: Simple black swimming trunks.
Formal: Full black Tuxedo, even with bowtie.

Personality: Calm, thoughtful, secretive. Cain tries to keep an air of mystery about himself, although he does enjoy telling stories about his life to those that ask. He's often quiet, preferring to assess the situation before acting. He's not one for engaging in head-on combat either, though he can and will defend himself if need be (non-lethally, of course).

Background: After being saved from the near-destruction of his home-planet by the Beacon of Hope a short time after it's construction, Cain wished to help other worlds defend themselves from similar fates. However he thought it better to help with the more logistical side than fight with the Champions, so the Champion Intelligence Division (C.I.D.) was established with Cain at the helm. He's been running the division ever since, but that might change soon..

Notes:
- Dislikes being naked, but will bear with it if need be.
- He sounds somewhat like an echo-y ghost when in 'smoke' form.
- Has an extensive collection of old earth books and literature. (Sadly, they are mostly just copies..)
- Is a little OCD.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S: 3 "The pen is mightier than the sword."
P: 10 "I like to make sure I have all variables before I act."
E: 3 "True knowledge is passed down by the survivors."
C: 6 "Words escape me only if I have nothing to say."
I: 8 "Have you ever read the workings of Shakespeare?"
A: 5 "I'd rather walk, if you don't mind."
L: 7 "What is luck to the man who holds all the cards?"

Power: 6

Color: This: #FF8000

---
Last edited by ~\Rook/~ on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Character Reference
Deske

Post by Deske »

Er, I just randomly grabbed Ensign. I have no idea how ranks are decided. I usually just describe them as [Rank](What they are) like Senior Engineer, etc. I could use a bit of help deciding if you don't like the rank currently chosen.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Looks good. Hoping the next character is a but more combat focused so we can have some balance. Also I just realized we now have five people who want to join (though I'm not sure I count) which I think is the minimum amount we need to get this started. Am I right?

Deske

Post by Deske »

Legotron123 wrote:Looks good. Hoping the next character is a but more combat focused so we can have some balance. Also I just realized we now have five people who want to join (though I'm not sure I count) which I think is the minimum amount we need to get this started. Am I right?
I can fiddle around with Colorado, rework his entire being to be more combat experienced if you want. I tend to just fill in places.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Legotron123 wrote:I just realized we now have five people who want to join (though I'm not sure I count) which I think is the minimum amount we need to get this started. Am I right?
Actually, we only have four, that's if Drake makes a decision on whether he's in or not..

So one or two more people should do it..
Character Reference
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

~\Rook/~ wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:I just realized we now have five people who want to join (though I'm not sure I count) which I think is the minimum amount we need to get this started. Am I right?
Actually, we only have four, that's if Drake makes a decision on whether he's in or not..

So one or two more people should do it..
I do like FTL and Star Trek. and I think I will join. Let me just work on a character sheet.
RP Characters:
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

If you could make that character combat focused, that would be great.

Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Planning to.
what about ranks? I dont know enough about star trek to be sure.
also we are doing pets right? not human?
would security officer work? or should I go lower?
RP Characters:
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Drake wrote:Planning to.
what about ranks? I dont know enough about star trek to be sure.
also we are doing pets right? not human?
would security officer work? or should I go lower?
1). Here's a link: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_ranks we use the 24th century ranking system, plus chief petty officer and crewsman at the bottom.
2). Pets are equal to humans in every way except height.
3). That fine.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I might go for that. Any chance of a link to the post explaining it?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:I might go for that. Any chance of a link to the post explaining it?
If you mean the new SRP we're talking about, it's at the top of this page, Welsh.

That mean five, captain Legotron!
Character Reference
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

MrNeonShot wrote:Okay, I'll make mine!

Name: Blitz

Specie: German Shepherd

Appearance: Blitz is a German shepherd with Light brown fur. and standard German shepherd markings. He's also thinner than most German Shepherd's due to space travel.
Blitz wears a white jumpsuit with green and red sensory tabs. These tabs allow Blitz to monitor his heart rate and communicate with "command". But we'll get to more of that later.
Here is an image reference:

Personality: Blitz is a polite dog, always stopping to help someone that needs help, even if its a tiny job.
Most girls (and guys) find him to be a prince charming. Unless someone's opinion is violent, he'll respect their opinions and stay silent about his. This normally causes him to be the deciding factor in most arguments between his caretaker/consultant, and his boss/exosuit inventor.

Other Notes: Blitz is the animal pilot of Golem Incorporated's exosuit testing. Put him inside an exosuit, and Blitz can use it to obliterate small asteroids, destroy large asteroids, and decimate any hostile spacecraft. Other than that, Blitz has only basic schooling, basic fire arm training, apprentice hand-to-hand combat, Nationally recognized sword skills, and extreme exosuit piloting skills.

Stats:
C: 10
I: 5
A: 5
L: 6
R: 4
CO: 7

---

Name: Doctor Rain

Specie: Human

Rank: Cheif Petty Officer (conditioned to exosuit testing.)

Appearance: Doctor Rain is a tall, lanky man with longish white hair. He wears circular glasses and a white lab coat.

Personality: Doctor Rain is like the mad hatter. He normally does whatever he wants when it comes to exosuit creation (despite budget limitations). When it comes to social interactions, he couldn't care less about what other people are talking about. He's also crazy in his own way, but very devious. Luckily, he's a good guy, so he won't burn your house down.

Other notes: Would you like me to write some more useless information down, or can I get back to playing with my toys?

Stats: Do minor characters need to write their stats? *Sigh* Okay, if I must...
P: 8
C: 2
I: 10
A: 6
L: 7
R: 8
C2: 2
Edited: Doctor Rain is a Cheif Petty Officer. Supposed to be a role model, Cheif petty officer Rain is in his own little world until it comes to exosuits.

Blitz is a Secondary Petty Officer. I thought it was an appropriate rank for him.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

It's okay, but that means even the janitor can tell them what to do.
Also I can feel my new GM power flowing through my veins! Mwahaha. Mwahahahahaha! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*goes on for ten minutes*
Ahahahaha, hahahaha, hahaha, haha, ahhhhhhh. That felt good.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

If possible, to save time, I could use a Mouse from my stories. A five foot two soldier with a knife fighting rig and a pistol. Would that be OK?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

But we still need a ship medical technician, ot is that gonna be one of them side characters, because if not, we've got a lot of repairman on board.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Meh. What is the rank closest to what I want for my characters?
Deske

Post by Deske »

MrNeonShot wrote:Meh. What is the rank closest to what I want for my characters?
Probably Crewman or Chief Petty Officer.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Name: Corp 'The Corp' Davidstow

Species: Mouse

Appearance: He's a white Mouse of roughly 5ft(5ft 5) in height. Lithe and often menacing despite his more limited height. He sometimes smiles. Usually when combat is inevitable. Usually wears a helmet and armoured padding uniform. Has a knife rig in his outfit which can spring knives into his hands if needed. Regularly wears a gun and a shok-stik that can stun most targets. Possesses a wrist mounted communicator.

Personality: He's abrasive but good at his job. He has few friends as he often fears he may end up having to investigate them. Not lacking in intelligence but prefers the standard 'peace-keeping' aspect.

Other Notes: He has passed the piloting basic course whilst on military service and will often go for the military solution. Proficient with a firearm and dangerous with a knife, he bears the scars of victory across his body along with one on his forehead - under the fur.

Stats:
S: 6
E: 7
C: 3
I: 6
A: 6
L: 5
R: 7
CO: 9

Give me something to do and I'll do it.

what do you think?
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

MrNeonShot wrote: Edited: Doctor Rain is a Cheif Petty Officer. Supposed to be a role model, Cheif petty officer Rain is in his own little world until it comes to exosuits.

Blitz is a Secondary Petty Officer. I thought it was an appropriate rank for him.
Both still work for Golem Incorporated, but they have the benefits of being soldiers.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I just got back from watching guardians of the galaxy to get my scifi juices flowing, so I will now respond too all your posts.
1). Do you mean five inches? Because at five feet, he's as tall as me. Bit big for a mouse.
2). Unless someone wants to play the medic, we're just going to have it be a side character.
3). Well the STEELHAVEN is a refueling vessel. They probably repair the stations they refuel.
Also, I've been thinking out how to introduce some of our characters. Who's up for Liz and Lewis (maybe corp) looking at videos of the new crew, sort like reviewing profiles?

Deske

Post by Deske »

Woo medic time. *puts on his TF2 mask* Now für ze EXPERIMENTS!

Yeah, I can see them both doing that. They seem the type to do background checks.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

I would like to join and this is what I have. I hope its okay?

Name: Lieutenant Barry Stephens
color: 008000
Neighborhood: Steelhaven

Species: German Shepard.

Appearance: Wears the standard security personnel uniform. Average Shepard fur pattern and build.

Personality: Barry was assigned the post as a "Punishment", of sorts after stubbornly ignoring the orders of his commanding officer. Being as he is a fine member of the academy he was sent to steelhaven as they are on mission. He is stubborn and watchful of everyone and thing around him. Even though he doesn't want to be on the ship he will do his best to keep the crew safe. He feels that his job requires him to be cold and emotionless even apathetic. He will be a great friend to a few who he is comfortable around. He also does not hesitate to get a job done. (Note, I just saw that Barry is a little bit like another character. Don't worry, overtime he will warm up to the crew and change his personality a bit to a more friendly character.)

Notes: Once he is comfortable around a person he will open up and be more kind over short and cold.
He was punished due to disobeying the commands of his superior to save the daughter of a stranger during a fire fight, instead of attempting the capture of a criminal. He will do what is right to him, as long as other lives are not at risk.

He tends to spend his free time working out or sitting in the gardens collecting his thoughts.

His apathetic attitude leads him to be a bit harsh in controlling a situation. If he felt it would help, he wouldn't hesitate to even punch the captain to stop a more serious fight from happening.

Stats:
S > 7
P >6
E > 5
C > 5
I > 7
A > 5
L > 6
-R-> 5
-cmbt- >8
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

So I did it! Feel free to tell me if it's awful, adequate, terrific, amazing, terrible, serious bad or any other descriptive word. I'll tweak it more if people want it to be tweaked more.

Name: Lieutenant Colorado Vanderbilt

Sub-Rank : Senior Medical Technician

Color: 194719

Type : Main

Species: Dog/ Husky-Malamute Mix (Basically a slightly bigger than average husky)

Neighborhood: STEELHAVEN 

Appearance: White is the main color of his body with a black line running up from his nose, splitting in two and winding their way down his side's. These thicken to cover almost his entire sides. He wears a collar with the caduceus as a tag along with identification numbers and general info in a chip inside of his collar. The collar itself is a bright orange nylon. He also has a nifty cybernetic eye that allows him to see heart rate, mental activity, thermal imaging and can have 3D models of people linked to it from a handheld device, also allows for basic night vision by allowing more light in and enhancing it. This is mainly for medical purposes as the thermal imaging cannot be used through most materials and both heart rate and mental activity monitors have to have a direct line of sight. This results in one of his eyes being a sort of pine green while the other is an icy blue. He carries a small collar mounted field kit in case of emergency.

Personality: Helpful, tries to lend a hand if he can. Though when he's working he can get incredibly serious. 

Backstory : Colorado was picked up from an animal clinic adoption day by his owner, Doctor Wolf Vanderbilt. His owner was a bit of a loner and as such Colorado only really gained people skills fairly recently. He may be a bit blunt and quick to blurt out things, but he's working on it. He studied for a few years and eventually gained the requirements to be a medical technician. After winding his way up the rank ladder a rung or two, there wasn't much competition, everyone wanted to be a cool pilot or an admiral, he was promoted to Senior Medical Technician, a Lieutenant equivalent for medicine and shipped off to the Steelhaven. He and Wolf do not make contact that much anymore. Mainly due to workloads on Wolf.

Other notes: 

- Not always the most orthodox...
- He loves jokes, very fun loving and tries to get along with anyone. 
- He likes to explore. He is an adventurer.
- He was a combat medic at one point. Fun times ensued. 
-His eye is removable. 

Stats:
- S: 6
- P: 7
- E: 6
- C1: 4
- I: 8
- A: 7
- L: 7
-R: 4
-C2: 5
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

MrNeonShot wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote: Edited: Doctor Rain is a Cheif Petty Officer. Supposed to be a role model, Cheif petty officer Rain is in his own little world until it comes to exosuits.

Both still work for Golem Incorporated, but they have the benefits of being soldiers.
Point of order here. If Rain is a Doctor he WON'T be a Chief Petty Officer. Doctors are Command Officers and get the Medical equivalent of the Command ranks. The Chief Petty Officer is an elisted ma. Even an Ensign is classed as being above them. For TV examples, O'Brien in Startrek TNG and Star Trek DS9 is an enlisted man and, even though he's responsible for maintaining the entire station on DS9, Nog ends up outranking him after going to Starfleet Acadamy.

A second example is M.A.S.H. if you've seen it. Both 'Hawkeye' Pierce and 'B.J.' Hunnicut hold the rank of 'Captain' after they're drafted in to serve.

Scietists will also hold Officer rank although it won't usually be above Lieutenant-Commader.

As for Corp's height? I could consider 4ft. (48inches)
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie